(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hoteldrummer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sad to say that I am now out for my first CGC
The wait was too much.
If CGC spilled some real CCr teasers , the hype may have remained strong in me.
Godzilla will take my last available space for a machine.
I guess the release information will come tomorrow now, lol
Im sure the game will be awesome !

Im in the same boat, couldn't hold on any longer and grabbed one of the NIB GnR LE's that popped up a few weeks ago and a Godzilla Prem. I thought for sure I would be able to get one since I had the resources for TWO games, but they dragged and dragged and dragged and just flat out dragged their feet way too long. Part shortages? So how is Stern and Spooky still making games? Get the damn thing released already

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

During that last announcement/slide deck presentation, Ryan said no CCr CE's, only SE and LE models will be available. Why do people keep thinking a CE edition is coming?

He was talking about the future 2023 run of Medieval Madness

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Where exactly are you seeing that? All I have seen is that there would be no classic MMr. I also see the Aussie distributor posting features for all 3 models.

I thought about that and I think he said no more Royal Editions for the 2023 MMr

2 weeks later
#846 2 years ago
97371022-5468-454F-ADAE-2C0BEF443E51 (resized).jpeg97371022-5468-454F-ADAE-2C0BEF443E51 (resized).jpeg
#857 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You know the M&Ms bit was so they could see if the venue read all the directions, right?

LOL, yes I know.

#1007 2 years ago

Wow, finally......I'm walking around the house staring into the abyss trying to process it after all this time. Almost like a huge weight has been lifted LOL

#1008 2 years ago

Not gunna lie, surprised there isn't a bunch of people over there talking his ear off with questions as he is setting it upLOL

#1357 2 years ago

Funny to keep reading all the criticisms of the presentation. Just my opinion but who gives a shit, seriously, who gives a shit? We ALL know what we are looking at and we will all have a chance to see hi def pics and vids of it soon, if not the same day as the “horrible presentation”. Everyone is acting like they buy games based solely on the roll out presentation? Zach’s video of it shows everything you need to see and it was viewable immediately as well as the feature/comparison sheet on the sight which gives buyers all the details and price. It’s like the game is awesome so what can we complain about? Oh, the presentation was bad so let’s focus on that! Who cares, buy the game or don’t buy it based on the game itself and not how Ryan was dressed or how much energy he had when talking about the damn thing.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Agree - I have never bought a pinball machine based of a PowerPoint presentation. Game looks awesome, that’s all I care about.

Absolutely

#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Exactly. He could’ve gone up and said “It’s Cactus Canyon. You already knew this”, farted into the mic, walked away, and still all LE’s would be sold out this weekend.

LOL, EXACTLY!!!

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Not the point - people traveled paid for plain tickets and event tickets to see these seminars. Did you see the room of people? Waste of time why even do the presentation just open up the slot for someone else. It wasn’t about buying the game.
That said - your right the game has been seen before and pinball sells itself.

Yeah, I see your point but most of the complaining isn’t from people that were there, it’s from people at home on their computer, just saying

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh come on, nobody is going to base their decision on his lackluster performance. The game will sell itself.
But he is their spokesman and the public face of the company. If he doesn't give a shit about his job, that makes all of them look bad. A fish stinks from the head down and this guy is a Vice President?
I appreciate the good natured Lloyd trying to spin this but I'm embarrassed for CGC right now.

I agree but did it really come off like he doesn’t give a shit about his job? Some of the complaints are also about the technical issues and everybody just seeing an ocean of heads instead of a decent live stream etc., which I’ll be honest, I wish that was better as well but it wasn’t and it wasn’t a big deal. Ryan always seems kinda like “whatever, check out our bitchen shit, you know you want it” so that must be just how he is, who knows.
Either way I was excited and sent it to my friends so we could geek out about it and went to the threads where pics were posted and rewatched Zach’s video 50 times etc. The excitement of the game erased any lackluster presentation. Again, just my opinion

#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Some better photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!!! Great job!!

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Presentation was lackluster.
Pin looks amazing.
I’m still buying an LE.
Pin sold itself.
That is all.

Cant argue that!

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

I like your avatar. My dad worked for GM for 30 years and my two brothers and I waited every year for the BooBerry, Count Chocula and Franken Berry that my dad would bring home!! I hadn't seen those for a while and started seeing them again a couple years ago. Bought some for my brothers. Brought back a lot of memories. LOL!! Made me put a smile on my face. Thank you!!

They had this "Monster Mash" edition this year and its all 5 together, however not so good! LOL! I only love the first four, Yummy Mummy wasn't so good but its awesome to see them all in stores every year, brings back some great childhood memories for sure

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I simply don't get the limited run business model, the only thing it creates are drama and upset people.
Every business goal is to earn money, so why refuse to take all that money from us customers? Wouldn't it be better to sell a shitload of LE and SE for a mountain of money instead of limited their runs? What do they as a business earn from this, it baffles me...
Let's take the infamous cargument: lets say Volvo is releasing their new family car model but limits
the run to 20k instead of the usual 400k that they easily could sell worldwide. Isn't popularity, big sales and happy customers good? Don't say pins are a Ferrari and therefore should be limited, pins only exist because operators wanted to earn money, they weren't limiting them to a exclusive few bowling alleys back in the days but wanted as many as possible to get access to them.
If everyone could get the pin they wanted then everyone would be happy, scalpers would have 0 business, no FOMO whatsoever and manufacturers would swim in money. I don't see any downside with this model at all.
The few hundred collectors that would be disappointed they can't have an exclusive pin will buy the darn pin anyway if the game is good enough and if they don't, all the other people out there will but it in droves anyway.

Totally agree, stop calling the loaded one "Limited", and just go with Deluxe or something else like that. Sell as many as there are orders for and when it stops, move on to the next title. I'm sure making a "Limited" number makes ordering the parts needed easier and of course creates the FOMO, but it really does suck having to fight to get something you want AND at a huge price. Stopping the game flippers would be the best thing that would come of it IMO, giving anyone with the finances the chance to get the top model without giving extra money to someone simply because they got on a list before you did

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Special thanks to those of you that have had our back through all of this. Your support helped me get through this.
On Pinside there have been several orders of magnitude more discussion over what we got wrong than what we got right. In contrast, the tone at Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend couldn’t have been more positive.
There has been far more concern over who can have the topper than appreciation of what I feel is our most innovative topper yet. Throughout it’s development, I felt it was borderline ridiculous to put so much effort into a topper.
At launch we stated we were considering selling the topper. It was discussed here early on.
For those of you discounting the value of the additional LE features (LE lower arch, LE medallion, mine cart, train tracks, art blades, shaker motor and longer warranty), we will learn how the free market values those features in the near future.
I’m proud of the work our team did on this project. Lyman is the final piece of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be.
Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball.
We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck. I know there are many disappointed customers that fall into this first camp but suspect those weren’t the loudest voices.
We have been remaking great Williams/Bally pinball machines to provide people access to games which had become unaffordable to many.
Manufacturers are testing the waters with games retailing for over $25k and the marketplace has responded by saying more please. In time, this trend will exclude the majority of buyers from the coolest features on future games.
We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed. The value of our LEs is derived from their additional features more than rarity.
The goal from the beginning has been to provide people access to the best pinball machines. This decision was in line with that goal.
Sales greatly exceeded expectations. Did we price the games too low? I believe we priced the games fairly in a market where many pinball machines have become overpriced.
Did we make mistakes? Absolutely, I can own them and learn from them. We will do better next time. I apologize for the drama this has created.
It’s time for me to return my focus to building games.

Thank you for everything Doug, as a collector from the 90's its your remakes that brought me back to a hobby I left because of the outrageous prices and difficulty in finding decent games. I now have an AFM SE and MB SE along with every intention of buying a CCR AND the 2023 MMR. Its the build quality and prices that will keep me coming back indefinitely so please continue doing what you're doing, its what we all needed in this hobby and is certainly acknowledged, appreciated and applauded, cheers!

#3740 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The numbered plate didn't ship with the game. They were sent to distributors later. Many distributors or ops threw them on a shelf to be forgotten. So hard to track down the right one for your game.
LTG : )

I’m curious about this as I bought an original NIB back in 99 from C.A. Robinson who was a big distributor in Los Angeles at that time(For $3599!! Imagine!). I was told there was 925 completed and keep reading people say 903 or 905 etc? My plate was also packed in the box and not given to me separately by the distro? Not disputing what you’re saying but just offering what I experienced myself

#3752 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

925 were planned and that’s why that number was on the plaques when those parts were ordered. 903 were actually produced because the line switched over early to RFM (presumably because distributors had enough unsold inventory). If you got one late it’s possible Robinson got their plaques and put them in the box. I would have to find my notes from 1999 to confirm but believe the original plan was that they were to be attached at the factory.
I still kick myself for not buying CC on close out for $1700 (maybe $1900, can’t remember). My dealer at the time said they didn’t have any plaques, but for that close out price I didn’t really care. And the reason I didn’t buy CC then was because I thought “who is going to want this game when I’m done with it? Everyone will want Pinball 2000 instead”. Silly me.

Revenge from Mars was already on the floor when we bought our CC and we almost changed our minds and got that instead! Sadly however we did buy Cactus and sold it months later to fund something else. We got our $3600 back and thought at the time how cool we didn’t lose any money! It didn’t take long for it to go sky high and has been a sore spot for me ever since and is why we want the remake so bad to put that mistake to bed.

Something you mentioned about the close out prices is funny because so many in the hobby now have no idea how that used to go with games actually not selling! They couldn’t even give Cirqus Voltaire’s away and closed them out for $1699 along with so many others. No distributor lists or FOMO. Used mid level games like Fish Tales going for $800 and Medieval Madness being the top game at $3500. Sure miss those days

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The plaques weren't ready when shipping started. Very possible games made late had the plaques with the game, or distributor stuck it in there.
LTG : )

Anything is possible I guess, but it was literally in the coin box with everything else. I am genuinely curious now. The salesman that did the deal now works for Betson Imperial, so I'm going to ask him how it got in there?

#3810 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I picked one up for $1899 and was bummed when the next month it dropped to $1699. Wish I bought a half dozen.

If only right!! Sure miss those days. Back then you could FILL a game room with games for $10k, now it barely buys ONE game! Sucks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hoteldrummer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=Hoteldrummer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.