(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gribbs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

Just remember, you could wake up tomorrow and find a lump and a week later hear from your doc you have 6 months to live.

Jesus…thanks for the pick-me-up.

#2678 2 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

But hey, here is to the almighty topper!

...whatever the hell THAT means, Debbie Downer.

#2730 2 years ago

“your” = indicates possession
“you’re” = you are

Go ahead - call me a “Grammar Nazi”, but some of you idiots are KILLING me.

#3430 2 years ago

"You're just a Richie Rich who can throw money around in this hobby, AND you're upset when other people get stuff you want to be exclusive, so that makes you SELFISH, too!"

Reality: Many weigh carefully where to put their limited pinball money, and in a world where certain games are MARKETED as 'collector items' or 'exclusive' (and the companies enjoy the profits off of that), it MATTERS how many of a game (or highly desired exclusive features) will be made versus how many people want them. I mean - the entire formula is based on supply and demand, and when these numbers change (especially midstream) it makes a DIFFERENCE in how much that game is worth to a collector - now or in the mid to long term as possible sale or trade bait. I am actually happy more people can get the topper, but it CHANGES the entire equation (as did the American Pinball increase recently).

I love to play and collect the games I enjoy, and I'm fortunate enough to be able to do it, but I am NOT made of limitless cash and space. There are decisions to be made, and they can be very costly one way or the other in this wacky hobby, especially lately. Even though I keep games based on what I enjoy playing, I still need to make an informed decision on which games and which version of those games to go after. FWIW, I am still very happy with my LE order here, and I still think it's a great value, but it is a DIFFERENT DEAL now with offering more toppers, that's all. All of this makes me much more leery of putting a lot into 'collector' games in the future. We will see. Either way, this "You all are just SELFISH and don't want other people to have stuff!" is a really cynical take on people just playing the high-stakes game that is sinking $10k (used to be unthinkable) or $15k (becoming more common) or $20k and beyond into a PINBALL MACHINE. I definitely need to have my head examined, but there is no way I will because I am having a BLAST! ...what a time to be in this hobby!

#3637 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

You can just read thru this thread and see that most of the guys doing the complaining are self entitled a-holes that claim to make all kinds of $$$, say they are the greatest ( I have a Centurion card don't you know ) to stroke their overblown ego's and still want their precious to hold or make them even more $$$.
We should all practice gratitude rather than attitude

"Hi. Let me insult you and then tell you how great it is to be a nice guy like ME."

#3640 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Umm...LE buyers are still getting EXACTLY the deal they signed up for. The change is that some SE buyers can get a different deal than what THEY signed up for.

Rather than think you are arguing in 'bad faith' after all of the times this has been explained to you, I will choose to believe that you just don't UNDERSTAND. It HAS to be one or the other.

1. You are getting one of only one produced = you are getting something, but it might be VERY valuable
2. You are getting one of a MILLION produced = you are getting THE SAME THING, but it is not very special or valuable

I think most LE buyers have been very clear - We STILL love CGC and are looking forward to our CCr LE and can't wait to own and play a Cactus Canyon, but changing the number of toppers made available affects the value and collectibility of the game...maybe not a LOT (like the extreme example above), but it DOES.

Why is this so hard for some to understand? If you bought, sold and traded a lot of games while building a big collection, you would probably care more - WHOOPS! There I am 'bragging' and 'showing what an asshole I am'! haha...

#3644 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I am not saying I am nice - I am as big an asshole as most

"We should all practice gratitude rather than attitude."

You are a hypocrite. That's WAY worse.

#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its like having a concert/show canceled… your ‘exclusive’ opportunity didn’t come to be. Move on… not pound your fists about the future you were denied and what someone is going to give you for your loss…. Get bent

AGAIN with the "You can walk". Yeah, that wasn't my point, and I've made it very clear I get that, and I don't want "to walk". I am not 'banging my fists', either. I was explaining to someone who AGAIN repeated "you are getting the exact same thing", that we are NOT, because the rarity is diluted. SIMPLE. A FACT, yet in response all you can do is get personal with the 'get bent', I see. Apparently the mods are cool with that, but I got a "don't make it personal" warning for calling someone a hypocrite earlier? I will hold my tongue, because it is apparently too sharp for the mods. haha...

#3738 2 years ago

One option I have is to ‘walk away’.

Another is to come to this thread, state “The deal is technically different” and watch people completely lose their mud. That’s turning out to be a LOT of fun, on its own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

6,999 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gribbs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=Gribbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.