(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GreenMachine19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4357 2 years ago

Can’t wait for my SE regular. I would have liked an LE but this will be just as fun. My AFMr SE is fun as is.

#4381 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You make a good argument that this "pretty avg game on its own" has a good chance of being the best of the remakes.
MM, AFM. and MB are all at their core just the same old 'shoot each shot 3 times' rulesets. Doesn't seem to hurt their popularity.
Lyman's involvement is a literal game changer, signifying that this remake has much more upside to provide a new game experience than any previous remake.

To be fair didn't Lyman code the "3 times per shot" into MM and AFM?

#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

All I hear is that Cactus Canyon is going to be awful, so please, please cancel your LE spots ASAP.

Really. I’m invoiced for an SE. but will cancel for an LE spot. No I don’t want to pay $14000 for it.

#4413 2 years ago

I need this game to have a sci-fi theme (AFMr), a medieval theme (MMr), a horror theme (HWN), and a western theme (CCr) all in one collection.

#4447 2 years ago

I’m playing CC on my phone as I wait to get the game. Why is “Rosie” never mention? Is that her voice that says “just shoot anything” during multi-ball? As far as being unfinished, I read through rules in PBA. Seems like a pretty complete game with wizard mode. I agree more could certainly by done with it. It could get real twisted like you have to shoot it out against Polly and Rosie for getting caught cheating. Lol

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Our Australian distributor has issued invoices as he usually does as part of the ordering process, I've received one too. But has not requested final payments to the best of my knowledge.

Plus 1 to this comment. I have an invoice for an SE but the distributor doesn't have the game yet. They haven't asked for a payment yet. Didn't even need a deposit, maybe because I already bought a NIB game from them?

1 month later
#5122 2 years ago

I would trade my SE for an LE for any wafflers out there. It’s going to be great. Played it at Pintastic. Loved it.

1 week later
#5316 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

At the moment the only thing I really care about is when they'll ship games....any game is fine with me....the good news is my distributor said they'll refund my deposit

My distro did not require a deposit for an invoice. I wonder if that’s because I’m getting an SE or because I’ve bought NIB from them before? I’m enjoying Halloween right now I can wait. I got excited too when I saw all the new posts.

1 week later
#5457 2 years ago

These price threads are tough to read. Pick-up trucks didn’t cost $75,000 20 years ago either. I saw a $2750 bride of pinbot in the marketplace that looked like it got pulled out of wet basement after 10 years that was sale pending immediately. Blows my mind. Good condition versions of that game were under 1000 when I started and they were for sale all the time. Your best deal nowadays is NIB. Never thought we’d get there.

#5618 2 years ago

I’ve played a real one. I’ve played the remake at Pintastic. I’m addicted to it on my phone. I know this is an unpopular opinion, the PA version is pretty darn close on these games. It definitely helps you understand the rules or otherwise give you a nice preview of what you are getting. I have MMr and AFMr and despite them not being loaded with “modes” they are a blast. CCr having potentially 3 versions of software is exciting. I’ve always felt DLC was the next natural step in pinball. Off topic and discussed in other threads, but I know I would drop the price of a ColorDMD for having selectable versions of software for my other CGC games.

1 week later
#5783 2 years ago
Quoted from Salty:

Has anyone tried the cliffy protectors for this game? Do they fit perfectly? Specifically how are the drop target cliffys, do they change the direction of the ball? It be great for someone to give a full review, want to protect my game right away.

the mylar around the drops is probably sufficient.

2 weeks later
#5920 2 years ago

Just got my notification that my SE is ready for pick up! Now I just need a truck.

4 weeks later
#6204 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Looks like they are still cobbling together the cardboard boxes.

I was going to say my box came with the graphics printed all over it with the stamps and everything. Carboard pandemic. My didn't come on a pallet tho. They said a bunch came on one big pallet.

9 months later
#6578 1 year ago

No offense to the fans of BBB. My opinion is that this game is severely over rated. The popularity of this game is rooted in its rarity. People see dollar signs when they think of this game. I’ve seen asking prices from 20-40k. I have actually played one. Someone brought this game to Pintastic a couple years in a row. Had it set up outside of freeplay and was charging 1.00 a game for charity. I played it a bunch because it is so rare and I didn’t think I would ever have a chance to play one again. I actually played with Roger Sharpe. Don’t get me wrong it’s a fun game. But so is Gorgar and I’m not buying one of those for 10k. Or Fathom for that matter. That’s just me. I would play one on location because I love all pinball and you never see one. It is just a bland cookie cutter regular old game. Not a hater, it’s just nothing special.

#6580 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think you’re right on both counts but people also said the same thing about Cactus Canyon.
BBB is a cut above because of the non-licensed sci-fi theme the awesome artwork by Stan Fukuoka and the humor. If done correctly another remake could be a sleeper hit, especially if the original software is extended.

I think the major difference is CC was totally gettable. Distributors were giving them away at close-out prices to make room for Pinball 2000 which was proved to be a mistake. However, I don’t think it made a difference in Williams/Bally’s decision to get out of the pinball business and focus on the slot machine business. I had an opportunity to play CC before a remake was public knowledge. I already knew it was a game I wanted in the release code condition. It is my wife’s favorite game in the line-up. We both had played both a bunch and well before we bought CCr. Our reaction to BBB, meh. I could see TZ or ToM as the next remake. Had an OG ToM and would like to see extended/expanded code. Again, to each their own. I’m out on a BBB remake remake.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GreenMachine19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=GreenMachine19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.