(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotfrogs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Seems kinda weird PPS is the one who is holding up the reveal of Cactus Canyon. Their is nothing to look at. Their is no pricing. PPS is clearly saying to get an LE you should preorder from him and that other dealer have no idea how many LE they will be awarded. They also haven't set the number of le they are making. Let me say I don't think any of the is Chicago Gaming's doing. The email i got back from planetary said to be ready to send the a 1000.00 to hold your Le and would be taken shortly.

If you listen to the video presentation it was said that Williams also has to approve portions of the license, not jut PPS.

2 weeks later
#434 2 years ago

I just heard that that Christopher Franchi is doing the art on one of their next titles.

1 month later
#1213 2 years ago

Got my LE order secured! Two games purchased in one day (R&B being the other) is a record for me. Can’t wait to get both of them.

#1322 2 years ago

Does the LE come with HD / anti-reflective glass? Have any previous CGC games included it? I don’t see it listed on their matrix.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon

#1707 2 years ago

After reading all of these posts of people unable to secure an LE I am feeling even more thankful I was able to secure one with an online purchase from a dealer I have never purchased from. It is strange how the hobby does not reward loyalty. I have purchased 7 NIB games and each of them have been through different dealers.

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s no internet infrastructure on CGCs games. It’ll be a kit.

How do you know this? They have a new hardware platform and OS, my guess is that it can support IC.

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

why not just make one model ?
make as many that are ordered and be done with it ...
sorry for you guys that cant get an LE sure spaces will free up... then there will be the secondary used market !

Because people have different price points and priorities. Some people are limited on space and want the nicest version of a game with all the bells and whistles. Some want a game as cheap as possible for locations and others want a good value. I think the 3 tier model like Stern does is perfect. If you are unable to get an LE the premium is unlimited and has all of the gameplay features. I am sure this also benefits the manufacturer.

#2263 2 years ago

If anybody ends up with LE # 242 let me know. I would like to get this number to match my other (non CGC) games. I have one on order but no idea what number it will be. In Atlanta at SFH, Ryan was indicating that they were not doing SN matching/requests but I don't know if that is where the landed.

#2327 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is all rather sad. I wish pinball was more about the joy of playing the games versus what the game may be worth in the future.

The hobby is what you make of it. If you want to just play pinball go to a location and play! If you want a basic game in your house, buy one. If you are into collecting do what it takes to get an LE.

#2465 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

anyone interested in this stainless steel speaker grills for CC
i already have this for
MB XL
AFM XL
MM XL
some useres asked me for Cactus.[quoted image][quoted image]

I would be down for a pair!

#2665 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They were… it was asked in the very same session when the game was revealed.
People who really are upset over it… put up and get your refund. Otherwise… move on already. Sounds like a bunch of babies instead of taking action.
When the prices were announced it was a slam dunk for the LE no matter what. Such a small uplift

You can make the same argument for people on the other side of the fence. Stop crying that you did not act smart or quick enough to get your LE with topper.

#2757 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ultimately why does one of us disapprove of another getting the game/features they want?
Genuine question to LE owners how will a SE topper effect your enjoyment of your LE? It certainly won’t effect long term value as there will always be those who simply want the LE version.
jake35 Gotfrogs I assume your LE buyers? would be interested to hear your takes on it fellas.

As someone who has an LE on order, I want the topper to be exclusive to make my game more special and increase its value. I am not a flipper (I have never sold a game) but at some point my games will be sold (by me or my family). It is not just the resale value though, I enjoy having unique things and sharing them with my friends.

#3249 2 years ago
Quoted from BossaNova:

I’m going to have to figure out a place for this on the playfield so I can always remember this thread
[quoted image]

I like the pineapple but I hope we all forget the first 70 pages of this thread once our games ship!

#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I see a bunch of LE buyers upset because this is not what they agreed to (which is understandable)…this was really the only option CGC could have done though for their business model. Granted they could have planned better but if anyone caught their Expo presentation—-planning is not what they do best. I mean who shows up late for a presentation! SE buyers feel great now which they should. CGC should throw a bone to LE buyers now….1/2 Lyman code, inviglass included, knocker with added gunshot code, mirrored backglass (I’m not saying all the above just one thing) so the LE buyers feel some extra love. Even in that case I’ll sure someone would be mad but a thought

I have an LE on order and am pissed off about the topper no longer longer being exclusive. I was beyond ecstatic about securing an LE on launch day. I still want the game and don’t see my self canceling but now I do have a bad taste in my mouth about CGC. Adding HD glass or a mirrored backglass to my LE would more than resolve any beef I have with CGC.

#3412 2 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Let me get this right. According to CGI, I can now purchase a version of CCR that is basically an LE minus the sculpted mine cart and tracks, minus the sculpted train tracks, minus the gunslinger lower arch, minus the serial number medallion, minus the art blades, minus the shaker motor, plus a warranty period that is cut in half… FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE LE? That’s pretty bad.

It is just another option for buyers. It is great for everybody except for LE owners. The original SE version is still an option if you think the SE+ is a bad value.

#3421 2 years ago

JoeHog - learn from the experience and get on multiple dealer lists if you are interested in a tittle. I think I was on 6 lists and only heard back from two of them on CCr. The honest ones will tell you where you stand and to get on multiple lists to improve your odds of getting the title.

#3808 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Super stoked to get my first CGC machine!

Same here!!

2 weeks later
#4132 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

But at what cost?

My husband and I were just playing with the numbers. My guess is $600 to $900.

1 week later
#4304 2 years ago

I also just ordered my mirrored backglass from my distributor. I wish this was included from the factory even if at an additional cost.

1 week later
#4424 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered an LE. First Non-Stern Game I have bought. The quality of the CGC Games appears to be top notch. The retro look Wild West theme is a dramatic departure from the new Stern Games.
Apparently CGC Officially announced a new Mirrored Back Glass Option with the Original Bally Logo for an extra $250.00. This is available to LE Purchasers only from what I understand. Figured might as well add that since the additional pain was minimal given the price of the LE. I'm sure it will look awesome and not every Limited Edition Buyer will buy it.

It is not exclusive to the LE. Anyone that ordered the remake can order one. I have one on order with my distributor and it looks like it will be delivered way before my game!

#4442 2 years ago
Quoted from kclements:

I am in line for a SE + version. Anyone know if you will be able to buy the train tracks as an add on?
Sure would like to get them.
I also bought the mirrored back glass.

At this point I would bet that you will be able to buy all of the LE features separately. CGC appears to not care about keeping anything limited.

#4538 2 years ago

I honestly don’t get the pineapple references but when I saw this on one of my tiki groups on FB I immediately thought of you guys.

E013631E-A9AA-464B-A23D-919067E1FD41 (resized).jpegE013631E-A9AA-464B-A23D-919067E1FD41 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4866 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I was wondering what the mirror was on the ground, puddles ? That mirrored back glass is the best I’ve ever seen..WOW, better than TOM & WH20 & another great one imo EATPM which are some cool mirrored backglasses

I think Rocky and Bullwinkle has the best backglass (of the machines I have seen).

1 week later
#5026 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I like my pinball to be just pinball. I do not want to connect it to the internet. I play pinball to escape the internet world. Why would I ruin that?

Man, we have a bunch of old farts in this group. Give insider connected a try and then report back. This has given new life to my three Stern games that support it! It is still pure pinball.

1 week later
#5086 2 years ago

Lets start with one game a year! lol

#5149 2 years ago

LTG - It is hard not to be hard on him when I was told the announcement/reveal was going to be made at Southern Fried Gaming Expo ( I think his word were that was still the plan up until 2 days before). With months between SFGE and the actual reveal, things should have been way more polished!

I am just excited I secured an LE and will be getting my first CGC machine this year!

2 weeks later
#5463 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought you were trying to say that.
However for those that have an invoice and have paid a deposit, changing the price after the fact would seem to be a pretty obvious breech of contract.

That is exactly what Stern did to me with Elvira. I said F them, canceled the order and thankfully got lucky and found a really nice one for a great deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gotfrogs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=Gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.