(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #298 Link to CGC / CCR Presentation video Posted by djsoup (2 years ago)

Post #373 Licensing information from PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #3783 Playfield production details from CGC Posted by Doug_Duba (2 years ago)

Post #5135 Status of code/rules project from one of the contributors. Posted by ifpapinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1736 2 years ago

Just jumped in on an SE from Joe at PinballStar! Super hyped!!

Of course I'll have to add the shaker and Art blades asap.

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fair enough. But I’m not a great player so even it only rises to that level, that’s OK by me. I’m interested in CCr more for the theme and history and always liked the playfield shots. I have a large enough variety in my collection so every game doesn’t have to be super deep or complex.

This 100%. I'm personally sick of games that you need a damn PHD to know the rules. Yeah yeah yeah, longevity, last ability etc.... I'm not a competition level player, what good does it do me to have a game that's so deep and so complex that I'll never get to see the end wizard modes? I know, play better, hahaha ha! But seriously, I enjoy games that are deep enough to challenge me, but I also like to be able to see everything the game has to offer. Look at my collection. I have a couple very deep machines, and some pretty simple ones. It's good to mix it up, but I personally don't want another brutally complicated game. So, for C.C. remake, I love the theme, I love the animations and callouts, plus it's just fun. So yeah, this fool and his money were easily parted with an SE. I plan to fully enjoy it.

#1784 2 years ago

Is the powder coat on the LE just plain black? I can't tell from the pics I've seen.

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From post 1499 by Doug_Duba
The trim on the LE is a matt translucent black powder coat with an opacity of 80% applied over the bare metal. Because it is a translucent, the underlying metal affects the perceived color of the part and gives the finish some depth as a very small amount of the metal’s texture is visible. It looks and feels more like metal than the typical powder coat we are accustomed to seeing. It reads a little bronzy in pictures but it appears dark gray in person. I guess we’ll call it Gun Metal Gray. I’ll try to post a better picture tomorrow.
LTG : )

Gotcha, gun metal grey seems appropriate for the title

#1821 2 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Metal coating on the armor.
[quoted image]

Huh. When LTG described it as kind of a translucent gunmetal grey, I thought it sounded pretty cool. Now that I'm seeing a close up pic, I'm not really digging it. Looks kind of like grey primer in this picture. Maybe it will look better in person.

#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

as JFH stated before, people will cancel orders when full payments are due as well. MMr sold out in seconds and by the time they were shipping they had stock waiting to be paid for. Lots of people get in but then never poney up the cash when it is time. Now I'm not saying half the units will be available, but if there is a waiting list get on it.

Genuine question here. Were the deposits on previous CGC titles refundable or did that depend on which distributor you ordered from? I'm asking because on CCr, most distributors I'm seeing are requiring a $500 deposit NON refundable. That could potentially cut down on people bailing out.

#1891 2 years ago

So, the Lyman code is not included? It's being sold at additional cost sometime in the future? This front CGC website led me to believe it was included.

Screenshot_20211101-140742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211101-140742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

There is more coming code wise from him at a cost which no ones knows what it will cost. and charging for Lyman code just pissed me off

I agree. Charging for updated/new code is pretty upsetting. However, if the new Lyman code makes the game overly complicated, they can keep it. No thanks.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

So 'original' means as shipped by WMS about 20 years ago (buggy and incomplete), 'enhanced' means that CGC fixed/finished the original planned CactusCanyon functionality before WMS pulled the plug in 1999 or so (and ended software development on CC) , and then 'Lyman's code' will be his interpretation of what CCr's theme can do given the playfield toys/hardware that exists (almost a blank canvas in software).
Is that a fair guess?

It's definitely a fair guess and seems probable. But, some concrete answers from CGC would be nice with people chomping at the bit.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

We will see tons of CC LEs for sale in about 4-6 months. Its a dog of a game compared to today's games. Everyone wants a CCLE. Lol, what a mistake!

Apparently Keith Elwin has a differing opinion

Screenshot_20211101-164449_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211101-164449_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Has anyone heard estimated delivery dates? Looking to put a deposit down for a SE

Email I recievd from PinballStar said SEs start shipping in "November and onwards"

#2037 2 years ago

My two cents regarding the LE situation is this, make 1 game. Make it the best game you can offer to the market. Build as many as demand dictates, and sell the hell out of em. In this market, why bother with a lower trim level.
Says the guy who actually ordered an SE

#2049 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thanks for listening
The game shoots like butter and looks great. I think you'll have a big hit with the expanded code/feature release.

I'd like to hear some info straight from CGC regarding this possible future release of extra new improved code for a fee. I'm not a fan of that idea. We're already paying near 10k for the machine. Code updates should be gratis.

#2059 2 years ago

Topper.

There, I felt like I had to say that

#2068 2 years ago

Not to poop on the parade, but man, the SE is still a great game!! I think the standard brushed hardware looks great, playfield is only missing a couple small toys that do nothing (and modders will reproduce), shaker is a $100 upgrade, Art blades will be made available for around $75. The only real hangup here is a topper. If you missed out on an LE, wait for the secondary market once this cools off, or buy an SE, get it sooner, and play like there's no tomorrow.

#2072 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can I “downgrade” an SE to the classic display/panel? Hate the look of the wide display

I'm with you on the topper thing, but you're stone cold crazy on the display. That oversize HD color DMD looks phukin' awesome! I love that CGC offers them.

#2113 2 years ago

Man, this thread has turned from hype into page after page of bitching about toppers. Wtf? I guarantee someone over at CGC has muttered the phrase "bunch of ungrateful crybabies". The topper does not "make the game" for God's sake. And as far as the warranty, how many of you will actually keep the damn game that long before moving on to next shiny blinged out game with a fancy topper? I think I'll step aside now and wait for my final payment invoice to show up. Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol!

#2135 2 years ago

Does anyone know if art blades designed for the original cactus canyon will fit properly inside the remake? Are the cabinets made to the exact same dimensions? I ask because Tilt Graphics has some I like better than the LE version.

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Again, you conveniently left out powder coated armor, 1 of a kind wood apron, and extended warranty (which you stated you don’t care for). Sure you can powder the stainless trims on your SE but that’s another $500 someone would charge you on pinside here

I think think the stainless armor looks better than what I've seen of the powder so far. I may stand corrected on that once better pics surface. And, the apron isn't wooden. I believe it is a thin wood overlay on top of a standard metal apron. Again, I may need correcting on that. 2 year warranty? I bet half these LEs won't last 6 months in their original owners posession.

#2195 2 years ago

Jesus.... seriously folks? This is why scalpers keep scalping. Took less than 24 hours

Screenshot_20211102-154101_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211102-154101_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2243 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Right. Did they say SEs will ship in November?
Tried to find in the thread but can not seem to yet.

Yes, they said SE starts shipping November and "onwards"

#2247 2 years ago

First off, I don't care 1 bit about toppers. Fuck em'. However, with the LE vs.SE topper debate going on, there's this already available.... for those SE owners who do actually care about a topper. Adjustable LED lit, and pretty nice. Just an option.

Screenshot_20211102-223811_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211102-223811_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

its a topper ! enough already ....

EXACTLY. This is a hype thread. And bottom line is this:

CGC WILL DO WHATEVER THEY ARE GOING TO DO. NO AMOUNT OF WHINING OR BITCHING WILL CHANGE THAT. REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER WILL NOT CHANGE THAT.

May as well sit back and wait and talk about the amazing fact that many people will now be able to enjoy a once very very rare game. Thank you CGC!!

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Mk

This . The issue is not whether or not SE owners can get the topper . The issue is all of these manufacturers taking money & orders under false pretenses and then changing the terms after the fact . It’s getting old fast and they’ll eventually kill their own business model .

I agree with 99% of what you're saying here. Unfortunately, as long as there are clowns lining up willing to pay a 5k additional premium like the LE that sold yesterday, manufacturers can pretty much get away with anything. Their business model won't matter.

#2405 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Cactus Canyon Remake in the Wild West of Nevada - Playfield 76 150 N Arlington Ave, Reno, NV
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now, let's get some folks in there, play the heck out of it, and come back here to report EXACTLY how the God Blessed topper is integrated into the game in an unbiased review. Maybe if we get some honest feedback on its functionality, some people here can cool their jets.

#2412 2 years ago

Here we go again.....

#2443 2 years ago

2 new LE sale/trade ads this a.m. Goodmorning, and welcome to flipper / scalper / opportunistic douchebaggery at it finest!

#2477 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

IMHO the only thing that really matters is that CGC is transparent in whether or not they'll let SE owners upgrade to the LE features. They were very clear with MMR so why not CCR? Being wishy washy about it makes things worse. Just let potential customers make an informed decision and move on.

Being wishy washy on this one when they were very clear on MM may be a pretty good indicator that they'll be made available.

#2504 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

As publicly announced at launch, we have not decided if we will sell the Wild West Shootout Topper separately. I have had related discussions with most of our dealers and a number of customers. I will provide a clear answer on topper sales within the next two days. I fully recognize either decision will result in a number of people being upset.
Resale value of our games is important to us which is why we haven’t released LE features on previous projects. This is the first time an LE feature has affected the experience of game play which is why this decision requires additional consideration.
We work hard to deliver great product at fair prices to people that love pinball. I am troubled by scalpers and a few dealers holding back inventory to later sell at a higher price. In the future, we will do a better job getting LEs to loyal customers at intended prices. A number of your suggestions were helpful and will be used.
It takes great effort and a large amount of capital to develop and manufacture pinball machines. Many days of my life and the lives of all of our team members went into this project. We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the additional time to make this game to the very best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent. Because we have expended the effort and risk the capital we are afforded the right to make decisions on how we sell our products.
I appreciate having the opportunity to read most everyone’s opinion on both sides, it has been helpful. I need to disregard the few posts that border on bullying as I believe they are not representative of the pinball community.

Thank you. Well spoken.

#2513 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Im sad to see all this drama and so much energy wasted on CCr toppergate.
Looking forward to CGC closing this matter once and for all.

Gonna be a long 2 days, huh....lol. Then guess what happens. Regardless of the decision, people will go right on complaining if their preference wasn't chosen. I can't wait until they actually start shipping, so an owners thread can be formed and leave toppergate in the dust.

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

When will the first standards reach owners and distributors?

The only known dates so far is SEs start shipping this month, LEs in January. That's it.

#2556 2 years ago

Lol, I knew it. Doug makes a fine statement, and says we will have a final decision within 48 hours. Yet, here we are still sounding like a bunch of whining know it all children. Upset about an option on a $9k luxury adult toy. Chill out folks and you will have your answer in 2 days per CGC.

#2561 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just chatting it up man. Speculation can be fun!

But it's not just chatting. People were actually debating on the validity of a class action lawsuit! Good luck with that. Nothing has been said in the last several pages that hasn't already been said multiple times. It's far past the point of chat, and has hit the level of whining. Hence , my comparison to spoiled children.

#2567 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sure it is. He’s chatting too. Vent-chat. ™️

Valid point....lol. Vent-chat. I like it.

#2573 2 years ago

Sorry guys! What is happening on the topper that is interactive is also happing on the playfield as well somehow correct?
Thanks!!

From the roughly hour long video of gameplay I saw on YouTube from Cary Hardy, it appears that way. Yes. It looks to me like when the player enters shoot out mode, that's when the topper activates. On the playfield, your ball is trapped by either the left or right flipper, some animations occur on the DMD, one of four targets on the playfield pop up representing the bad guy you shoot for. The player then has a few seconds to hit the target. While that is happening below, the guy on the topper moves a little, then raises his gun like he's aiming. If the player hits the drop target, the topper guy shakes a bit like he got shot. That's all that was apparent. I never saw the windows light up or anything like that even though it's obvious they will do something eventually. Perhaps the topper at expo wasn't 100% functional?

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So they have their own mill? Amazing!

I was speaking with a vendor on the phone the other day and he implied that CGC had their own milling/woodworking facilities that were massive. He used the description of 2 football fields as comparison. I think CGC is larger and has more going on than many people are aware of. Myself included. Maybe LTG can correct me if I have misspoke, but thats what I was told during a casual conversation with an authorized CGC reseller.

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Otherwise… move on already. Sounds like a bunch of babies instead of taking action.

Careful now... I was scolded earlier for making a strikingly similar observation.

#2664 2 years ago

Besides, screw toppergate. NOW THIS IS AN INTERESTING READ!!

https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/churchill/index.html

#2738 2 years ago

Hey, here's an idea. Let's all argue about it some more. That will fix everything.

Has anyone here ever heard the phrase "agree to disagree"? Well, that's where we are now. No one here is going to change anyone's mind. In a day or so, CGC will make their decision and everyone can decide how they want to deal with that decision. Until then, there's really nothing to say that hasn't been repeated 10x over already.

#2746 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

The people I deal with could care less if its a LE, SE, or CE.

Couldn't. Saying they could care less implies they do, in fact, care to some degree.

#2754 2 years ago

I'm in for an SE. If CGC does sell the topper separately, I'm not interested anyway. It's a mini game that highlights a bad guy and you press the flipper buttons to shoot. Ummmmm, that's what everyone is in an uproar about? Where are the usual comments about flow and breaking up gameplay? I've not played the mini game obviously, but it certainly seems like a huge break in gameplay that would get old very quickly. I'm more interested in what's going on on the playfield and what Lyman does with the optional new code.

#2770 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Just want to emphasize this fact for folks who didn't get to play this at expo...The topper is visually stunning. Very cool. But the gameplay element...Is quite basic, to put it nicely. Currently it's less "fun" than say, the video modes in AFM or MM, e.g., despite looking super cool.

Since you are one of a handful of people who have played it (or at least seen it function in person) can you elaborate on how the mini game is implemented? Is it hard to achieve, or repetitive? If it was a selectable feature on your machine, would you disable it? That sort of stuff. I'm sure everyone here would love some clarity on this.

#2780 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok... here goes...
Topper mini game...
Strike the beer mug 10 times to qualify it...
When mode starts ball is trapped in scoop or return lane can't remember which..
There is a line of LEDs on bottom edge of topper... this lights up a single led dot that you can move left or right with your flipper buttons. In the windows of the town, characters light up signifying good and bad characters. Place dot in line with lit window and press both flippers to shoot. Hit only bad guys and it keeps playing... hit a good guy, mode ends. That's about it folks. The windows have skull and crossbones lit up when you hit the target. That was my experience at expo.

Quoted from Bublehead:

It was... different. And a little anticlimactic. And quick too... not something that goes on for minutes. Having it compared to a video mode fits... kind of similar to shooting the wolves in BSD. Not something to write home about but definitely worth a post script in a casual correspondence. A must have for the "omfug" collectors I am afraid.
P.S. "Original Modes For Uplifting Gormandizers"

Thank you for the explanation. That's about what I thought. I can most definitely live without it. Lol. The topper is quite nice visually though.

#2784 2 years ago

I posted this a couple days ago, but this thread moves so fast, I'll say it again. If you're in for an SE, don't care for the mini game topper (and the possible high cost), but you would like something pretty to cap off your game, Laseriffic already has you covered for less than $200.

Screenshot_20211105-131219_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211105-131219_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Toopergate went the way I thought it would. LE exclusivity is now a joke. “Is that the LE? Sure is! Look at the apron, it has a number!!”
Now there is backglass controversy. Wtf.
Went in on the LE because I wanted the topper, willing to take a risk that Lyman code would be great and reasonably priced. Plus side, now it is a risk I don’t have to take. Trying to decide if I am going to back out of the LE and re-visit in a year. All of this crap is reducing my enthusiasm.

Quoted from cooked71:

This just keeps getting better.
As per my previous post, I’m happy to buy anyones LE if they are so outraged by the SE being available with a topper. I’m standing by waiting for the flood of offers in my dm’s.[quoted image]

Paul8788, let me introduce you to Cooked 71. I think you 2 have something you can help each other out with.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

It’s not extra toppers. They released a whole other version of the game. Worst thing they could have done. Would rather them of released a few more LE’s or sold topper separate.

Bullshit.

#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I know I'm taking troll bait, but whatever...
I essentially signed a contract via downpayment with cgc for a machine which was the "only" one with the topper. This has nothing to do with playing pinball. It has to do with an agreement and integrity. By offering the topper, they changed the contract. With historical actions and wording, any judge would award for the buyers. This is in bad faith.
If they want to rip us off, which is what they are doing, they should at least do something on our end.
I have never had the intention of flipping this game, and you guys are nuts if you think 1250 LEs will sell for crazy amounts after 6 months. They have now doubled this number.

Then get a refund for fucks sake

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Please see the post above yours for fucks sake.

Well, you aren't gonna get the deal you agreed to. Period. That should be apparent by now. So, you are left with 2 choices. Get a refund, or continue bitching incessantly.

For fucks sake

#3116 2 years ago

In all of this bickering, here's a fact I havnt seen anyone mention yet. Maybe I overlooked it, but I don't think so. So, here goes. In the collectors market, ANY collectors market, be it cars, guns, pinballs, etc... A Limited Edition is just that. A limited edition. There are only 1250 in this case. An SE with a topper and powder coat, and aftermarket mods, STILL ISNT AN LE. No matter how much it may resemble one, it isn't. Period. And, later on down the road if someone is looking to purchase an LE for their collection, they don't want a look alike, they want the real deal. So, you LE guys worried about resale value or rarity have nothing to fear. The fact of the matter is there are still only 1250 true CCr LEs in existence, and they will hold their value in the marketplace.

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

They might hold their value. They would have most likely held their value more when the topper was limited edition only.

Nope, these LE guys are loaded and obsessive. They will pay whatever the market dictates or more for a true LE. "SE+ with all the upgrades included? Nonsense, that's a peasants pinball, I must have the LE"
You know I'm right.

See, downvotes...lol. Truth sucks huh...

#3134 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:Not true, they changed the agreement, very different.

Still, take the refund, or take the pin. That's your choices. Or I guess you could hire an attorney...

#3136 2 years ago

I guess I'll sit back forget this mess, and maybe revisit it in a year or so. You know, when CCr LEs are selling for the same price as an SE+. Because they didn't hold their value at all. Yeah, right....

#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Nope this will be flipped after I get it nib

But how, it won't have any value since it's essentially not Limited anymore?

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s exactly right. That’s why Stern just did an Elvira 40th for $25k
“Collectibility” matters to the “loaded and obsessive guys”. Sorry
Want to play the class warfare game? I’m not crying for anybody that can spend $8k plus on a pinball game so you can drop that poor man nonsense

No need to apologize, I know it's true. And I never played a class warfare card. Anyone able to spend the money we do on toys should consider themselves fortunate. You are proving the simple fact I was trying to make. The LE is limited to 1250 machines and a true enthusiast or collector who wants one will do what they need to do to acquire one. They don't want a look alike or a lesser version. Therefore, my point was, the LE guys really shouldn't be worried about diminished value or exclusively. Their LE is still 1 of 1250, regardless of other models released by CGC.

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I don’t think the major problem is value; but CGC’s ambiguity in leading LE buyers to (assume) the Topper was exclusive & I think this WILL hurt value in the future albeit minor ? I don’t think any LE buyers will cancel one of the most beautiful and rare games ever but I can understand their sentiment towards CGC and NOT SE or SE+ buyers.

I can agree with that. With the way this market is though, I bet zero value is lost.

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

You don’t think that the LE only topper made it more exclusive?

More exclusive in the fact that there were 1250 toppers, now there are more toppers, sure. But, there are still only 1250 LE machines, and they will command LE prices on resale. Fact.

Imagine this scenario 8 months down the road once these machines are being sold for whatever reason.

You open up pinside marketplace and there's a guy trying to sell his SE+. He's powder coated the armor, added art blades etc... He's asking the going rate for a nice used LE saying "it's basically the same as an LE".

Are you going to pony up LE price if you're a potential buyer? Of course not. It's still not an LE. That's all I'm saying.

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not working Ice. Except for the USD$15k offer I’ve had.
I think maybe the sledgehammer approach of telling all you LE buyers you’re a bunch of ungrateful entitled whiners is the wrong strategy.
New tactic: All you LE buyers are so freaking awesome. So clever how you got on an LE list and/or gave your Distro whatever favors they asked for. You guys are just amazing and I can’t even imagine how good your games rooms will look now with those beautiful CCR LE’s setup. Since you’re all so special surely you can find it in your heart to give me your LE spot. Your game room won’t miss it. In fact this one extra LE is just going to make all your other Le’s look like basic Premiums. Surely you don’t want that?

Don't forget, this particular LE is now tarnished and devalued due to the SE+ debacle. Better unload it now while it still holds a bit of worth.

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like your cat!

Lol, thank you. And no hard feelings man. I just think in a year or more the LEs will still be as good as gold regardless of what CGC does. You've been around long enough to know this market.

#3424 2 years ago

On new releases, I first and foremost consider the Theme, look at the available options and associated price points, decide if the game looks fun, etc., then decide on the purchase that's best for me and my family. Never once, at any time do I consider resale value or rarity. My personal experience is, if you do this, you'll not be disappointed by events that are out of your control.

Edit: dealers not contacting customers when they were supposedly on a list is definitely unfortunate and out of one's control.

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

If you don't include resale in your equation, Scribbles, your kids is going to be pissed later on in life.

Nah, they'll be arguing about who gets what machine. Not because of value, but because of the fun/favorites factor.

#3866 2 years ago

This may be an unpopular sentiment, but I really hope the Lyman code isn't deep to the point of confusion. Part of the charm of the Bally Williams era games to me is the humor, artwork, and the fact that the games are simple enough that an average player can figure out the rules and modes given some time. The games were challenging enough to keep me coming back, but winning was achievable once in a while. Yes, I have a few very deep pins, and when friends ask " well, how do I do this or that?" I usually know the answer, but sometimes I just admit ignorance because the game is too damn deep. JP for example. Have I ever completed escape nublar? Hell no, never even gotten to it. Certainly never going to see the When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth mode. Why? It's too convoluted and difficult for an average player to do. Great game, but futile. So, for me, it would be great if the Lyman code had some enhancements, or polish on the original code, and definitely throw in some features from CCC. I'd definitely pay for that. Make it too complicated, and I'll skip it.

TOPPER!!

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well you can certainly keep the game as is and its about as deep as Monster Bash and easy to understand and you can complete it on a good game.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I would, however, love some things from CCC thrown into the mix to spice it up. And from what I've heard, that sounds like a possibility.

#3898 2 years ago

I believe so yes.
[quoted image]

Wow, this is something I somehow overlooked. Awesome!! This information makes toppergate look especially ridiculous.

1 week later
#4049 2 years ago

Uh oh, let's not get this going again....

#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

And I want an official flyer for my game room wall! lol. (or at least a PDF I can print...)
Yes, I want it all...(not that I ever get it, who has the room?)

If the backglass ships separately, you can take that old translight, frame it, even backlight it, and boom, wall art issue solved. Win win win!!

#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What if our distributor chooses not to buy any backglasses but we still want one?

I'm definitely going to want one, and my distributor has been near impossible to reach lately. Not complaining, I'm sure they're crazy swamped with anxious customers. However, lately with pinball, all distributors are almost always busy. So, yeah, I too would eventually like to know if I can get a backglass elsewhere if needed.

#4179 2 years ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

I’ve got a question to all of you who own other CGC pinballs. Do you all use playfield protector ? To those who don’t, how does the playfield evolve over time ? Compared to other pinball brands ? Thanks for your answers.

I would never put one on ANY machine unless it was an old classic with Playfield wear that I wanted to prevent from getting worse. Like others said, they change the feel of the play, and eventually they wear out and look awful. I feel they're a waste of time and money on modern machines.

#4228 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

PPS may not have given details to distributors yet.

For what it's worth, Joe at PinballStar is aware of the backglass and shaker upgrades. I recieved an email days ago asking that anyone wanting these items, please let him know so he can get an allotment.

Edit: Let him know if you want the upgrades IF you have a CCr ordered through HIM.

#4246 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What details are listed in the email?

Here's what I got on Nov.27th from PinballStar. Please note, this email applies ONLY if you have a standing order/deposit with them.

Screenshot_20211201-155105_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211201-155105_Email (resized).jpg
#4279 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Weren’t the regular SE’s supposed to start shipping by end of year?

They were originally announced to start shipping in November. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact

#4293 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Pics of the Assembly Line !!!

Happy December

Is this a request or something you saw??

1 week later
#4334 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wow!! Slackers!! This was posted 6 hours ago on CGC FB page.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that's about the 4th promotional spot they've thrown up on FB. I keep being a smart-ass and commenting "Nice! Now when do they start shipping?"

#4354 2 years ago

Why does this discussion make me want to bring up the TOPPERS again.... LOL.

1 week later
#4496 2 years ago

On the subject of LEs and Collectors, I run with a group of old school pinheads here in Knoxville, who own many machines in their own collections. And they personally laugh at the idea of someone who runs out and buys every LE offered calling themselves a collector. One of my friends said not too long ago: "you know what I can tell about someone whos collections consist entirely of brand new LE games? They have more money than sense". His words, not mine. But, it got me thinking, if all a person is interested in is the exclusivity appeal of the LEs, are they really a pinball enthusiast? Or just swinging their wallets around for everyone to see? I dunno. I've bought NIB, and obviously am doing it again (SE), but my true love of pinball are the late solid state and early DMD titles I grew up with in arcades. I enjoy finding a deal on a players machine and fixing it up. Anyway, I digress. I'm grateful for the growth in the industry, but also saddened by the direction this hobby has taken. To credit my old pinball friends, it's definitely apparent that there is a portion of new pinball "collectors" with very deep pockets that will continue to fuel this LE frenzy. Whew..... that's about it I guess.

#4499 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Well, the good thing about this hobby is that there is room for everyone. There’s certainly a place for your “old pinball” friends who prefer the solid state/old school games just as there’s room for those who only want the latest and the greatest (as far as bling and flash). But one thing I don’t like about the hobby is all the “looking down their noses” that some collectors do. Who cares if someone only wants LEs in their collection? You inferred that only people with money to waste buy LEs. I disagree. I am not wealthy and I am generally pretty careful with my spending, but I have a few LEs in my collection because I think they are worth it. I don’t buy games to flip. I buy them to enjoy. So if it makes me happy, there’s nothing wrong with it just like there’s nothing wrong with your old pinball friends only buying SS games.

I personally don't care who spends money on what. I bought a GnR LE new for the same reason you said. That was the version I wanted. Sorry, I didn't mean to infer that only people with money buy LEs. My main point was that there are definitely people with very deep pockets willing to pay well over MSRP sight unseen for new LE games. And that in large part is what's driving the price insanity.

#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I see your point, and I agree with it. It's one thing for the manufacturers to make the LEs and put their prices on them. It's quite another for "flippers" to sell them for way over MSRP and for people to buy them at those inflated prices. Of course, it's a consumer-driven economy so the price is what people are willing to pay, but your argument has validity because the average joes like myself often aren't able to afford these flipped games. If we miss out on the manufacturer's release we basically miss out on getting the game because it's too expensive on the secondary market. That's why I jumped on the Cactus Canyon LE even though I'd never played it. It's a theme I love and I figured the LE would be worth the additional expense. But if the CCLE was priced at $12,000 plus, as I'm seeing some flippers advertise, there's no way I would buy it.

Bingo, lol. That's what I was trying to convey.

#4512 2 years ago

I'm so glad they put the die cast metal train on both models. That's a very cool move on CGCs part. I will definitely be awaiting the mod community coming up with the train tracks for the SE. Everything else on the LE I can pass on, although that apron sure is purdy!!

#4513 2 years ago

In fact, I'd be willing to bet one could probably make the train track mod themselves pretty easy with actual model railroad track from someplace like Hobby Town.

#4546 2 years ago

So your distributor is requesting final payment for your CCLE ?

Yeah, that's definitely at odds with the information provided by CGC.

#4565 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The only thing off about the whole thing is the stated fact that this game was ready more than 1 year ago... guessing barring any major changes you would think it would have been a quicker roll out.
Said it many times before in this thread...

That, and the fact that it was stated that the SEs would begin shipping in Novenmer and December.

1 week later
#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So what’s the latest rumor for delivery on LEs?

Unfortunately there is no rumored eta. There are complete and total guesses based on past cgc delivery times, but they're just that. Guesses. My guess on LEs would be summer 2022 based on others guesses

#4682 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This may be putting the cart before the horse, but what mods would people like to see?

Train tracks for the SE is really all I care to add.

#4691 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The original translite is really nice imo, no need for an alternative one. I also agree with previous poster that Brian's style would clash with existing cabinet decals and such.

I'm in this camp also. He's a very talented artist, no doubt. But sometimes that style just doesn't flow with the machine. Fish Tales for example.

#4697 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Anyone know if the side interior panels will be available? Or if can still order a LE?
Realized what I didn't like about this one was the black sides until I saw the LE. Should be standard, imo.

I've already ordered and received these from Tilt Graphics. I think the artwork looks very fitting to the game. They have a couple other choices as well.

Screenshot_20220105-074412_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220105-074412_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

It's not a huge deal but I emailed Tilt Graphics about these about a month ago and they said:
"Remake has a larger bolt hole for the back box hinges."
So depending on how particular you are, it might be worth the wait for them to print on a new template.

I already have them in my posession. If the remake has larger bolt holes, I'll take an Exacto knife to them once installed.

#4747 2 years ago

Hey, I know, let's talk about TOPPERS!!!

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

The longer that clear coat can cure the better IMO. Cause once it's in my room I'm turning that sucker on.

WORD!

1 week later
#4898 2 years ago

Yeah, I do believe I'm done here. I'm going to remove this from favorites and just wait for posts to appear in the tentative owners thread.

So, JFH, you better keep me updated!!

2 weeks later
#5161 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are correct. He is fine and well and needs a little attention.
Thank you for subscribing to my channel.
LTG : )

What's the channel name?? Don't be ashamed to promote it a bit. I had no idea you had a channel.

#5243 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I haven’t been asked for a bg payment from my distro, after confirming I’m listed for one

Same, I even offered to pay. My distro allowed me to pay in full for my machine, but said he wanted to wait for payments on the backglass and shaker.

#5263 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I did think about that.
I have lit frames for backglass art in a few places downstairs but decided I wouldn’t display any that are on existing games. I have more that I would like to display but just not enough wall space. Cactus Canyon alternated with AFM where JackBot is but I wanted something to tie Sweet Hearts, my card table and PinBot together.
(Star Trek because my main arcade is themed as the Enterprise NX-01 and Bugs Bunny was my daughter’s Christmas present when she was five and asked Santa for “a real pinball game” so that one is kind of permanent now)
[quoted image]

Why does the Bugs bunny backglass seem to say "Elvira parties at hot shots arcade" in the score windows???

#5270 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not so much bridge as NX-01 themed. I didn’t think of the idea until halfway through construction and since we had visited the set of Star Trek: Enterprise and my wife wanted a shiny purple floor I though that would be a fun way to combine the set pieces and pinball. When you go though the door it “whooshes”, saying “Computer, holodeck on” sets lighting, plays bridge sounds in the background and powers up the games.
I met Karl Urban a few years back and he thought the room was cool. We talked about pinball for 15 minutes while a bunch of people in line wondered what the hell was going on. Although it doesn’t quite fit the room I had the right name for an awesome autograph.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shit man.....

#5276 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not so much bridge as NX-01 themed. I didn’t think of the idea until halfway through construction and since we had visited the set of Star Trek: Enterprise and my wife wanted a shiny purple floor I though that would be a fun way to combine the set pieces and pinball. When you go though the door it “whooshes”, saying “Computer, holodeck on” sets lighting, plays bridge sounds in the background and powers up the games.
I met Karl Urban a few years back and he thought the room was cool. We talked about pinball for 15 minutes while a bunch of people in line wondered what the hell was going on. Although it doesn’t quite fit the room I had the right name for an awesome McCoy “Damn It!” autograph.
The room was built before toppers became a big thing so I only thought about clearance for Safe Cracker and Whirlwind. Batman and Elvira barely made it and the Cactus Canyon topper may be an interesting challenge
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Screenshot_20220203-213729_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220203-213729_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5502 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Its only going to be the SEs. Not the pluses or the LEs. Before the end of the week.

If this holds up, that's excellent news! I ordered my SE the very day I got the release announcement email, and paid in full about 3 weeks ago. (No invoice was issued, just my choice to pay up). I'd love to get a confirmation from my distributor.

#5596 2 years ago

They ‘finished’ the originally intended code
So you right now have 2 options on stock game
1 - original release (not complete)
2 - completed version of original code
Offered upgrade the final Lyman Polish (RIP)

Correct, but I believe TripleC is asking if the completed code feels noticeably different or polished to someone who has played the title on old unfinished code. Personally I can't answer because I've never played one.

#5692 2 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

an interesting speculation.

Quoted from alveolus:

I’ll take that as a confirmation!
Fantastic news!

So, I'll assume that Daudioguy is David Thiel? Pardon the possible ignorant question.

#5757 2 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I'm still super pumped up to get my SE, but I'm going to have to see that color integrated GI in person to decide whether I keep it color, or go with the old school clear setting. A couple of those pics look pretty overwhelming, GI wise.

#5769 2 years ago

Let's get these unboxing pics on over to the official owners thread where they belong people.

#5810 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

There's a Clear setting, as in white GI?

Yeah. You can set the GI on warm white for example if you like.

I've never owned a cgc remake before, but, yes. That's my understanding, and I've read others posts about it many times here.

#5820 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Kevin said he played it for a couple hours and just looked at it for about a half hour.
It's at a public location, so he couldn't open it up.
He said that the flipper issue could be an artifact of the bats not being positioned in the location he was used to.
Robert
PS: He may post more impressions here sometime.

Please also tell him to post in the owners thread.

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear ya, but at this rate u might have it in your house for a year

I'm good with that...lol. I want that damn mirrored backglass

#5923 2 years ago

Is anyone getting invoices from PinballStar yet?

1 week later
#6018 2 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

if anybody wants to give up their LE spot i would love to take it as i have the se plus on order - i would just put that one in my NH vacation house - having 2 is not ideal - but heck i have 2 of the avengers - one premium in my NH house and the hulk in my RI house. thanks ed

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (Firm)
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread?tu=CoolCatPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.