(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 133.
#4801 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Go lay down by your dish. Men are talking

I’ve finally met the smartest guy in the room. I’m slow because I know he’s known all the time.

#4802 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’ve finally met the smartest guy in the room. I’m slow because I know he’s known all the time.

So, let me get this straight, someone calls you out on a false premise and your all offended. Then jumps another conversation like a little kid needing attention and yet again gets offended.

Ok let me make an offer. I can be over to Lloyds when he opens tomorrow and we can have an adult conversation over some pinball and play some CGC games discussing the new CCr.

So how keyboard commando are you now?

On a side note, going to Texas pinball if the guy from Texas wants to do the same

Super excited to see if the game of the code is gonna hit first.

#4803 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

So, let me get this straight, someone calls you out on a false premise and your all offended. Then jumps another conversation like a little kid needing attention and yet again gets offended.
Ok let me make an offer. I can be over to Lloyds when he opens tomorrow and we can have an adult conversation over some pinball and play some CGC games discussing the new CCr.
On a side note, going to Texas pinball if the guy from Texas wants to do the same

What?

#4804 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Why don't you children take it to PM so the rest of us men can continue the thread?

#4805 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I open at noon tomorrow.

Marquess of Queensberry Rules.

LTG : )

#4806 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Why don't you children take it to PM so the rest of us men can continue the thread?

He wouldn’t have his audience then.

#4807 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ok….PM sent

Now seriously, is there a chance the new code will be out when the game actually ships? Discuss

#4808 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Ok….PM sent
Now seriously, is there a chance the new code will be out when the game actually ships? Discuss

Chance, sure why not. Likely, no. For many the custom code was the bait to pull the trigger. To show it at game release would be foolish till they have your money.

#4809 2 years ago

Let's keep the thread on CC please. Take any personal commentary to PM.

I can't wait until we get news of the game shipping. Looking forward to the SE.

#4810 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Last I’m saying on this. You called out multiple people on this thread for wanting an update. Called them entitled. Then made fun of the examples we used. Then I respond and everyone is being childish and now you’re trying to act like all you ever wanted to do is talk about the code… so we can be excited about the game and anticipate what the new code will be like, but under no circumstance are we to say that we would like to have an update from CGC? I think I have your rules straight now.

In all seriousness, I was watching some footage of the original being played and I can’t wait for this pin to be delivered. The ceiling is high for this one. I think Lyman and Josh’s code is gonna elevate this game to new heights.

#4811 2 years ago

It’s likely that the Lyman code package will take at least a year to finish so I doubt we’ll see anything before fall.

Certainly hope games have started shipping by then.

#4812 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

In all seriousness, I was watching some footage of the original being played and I can’t wait for this pin to be delivered. The ceiling is high for this one. I think Lyman and Josh’s code is gonna elevate this game to new heights.

But is there a possibility of the code not meeting the expectation of the public?

Remember. MBr apparently sat for a while so this being a less popular title from that era. If the code just doesn’t meet expectations, will this be CGCs first miss/semi-miss or is the game able to stand on the code it has now

Also, was that a yes or no to the Texas pinball meet up?

#4813 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

LOFL, super serious guy wants to fight.

#4814 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

But is there a possibility of the code not meeting the expectation of the public?
Remember. MBr apparently sat for a while so this being a less popular title from that era. If the code just doesn’t meet expectations, will this be CGCs first miss/semi-miss or is the game able to stand on the code it has now
Also, was that a yes or no to the Texas pinball meet up?

Absolutely it’s a risk. However based on his track record I just don’t see that happening. Could be wrong though and I would be very sad.

Make it the Houston Expo and I’ll be there. The Texas Pinball show is about a 4 hour drive for me. So no guarantee I can make it up there this year.

#4815 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:I thought they said the new run of MMR wouldn't be on the new system?

I also remember them saying this at Expo.

#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

is there a possibility of the code not meeting the expectation of the public?

Of course.

Quoted from Tallon:

MBr apparently sat for a while so this being a less popular title from that era. If the code just doesn’t meet expectations, will this be CGCs first miss/semi-miss or is the game able to stand on the code it has now

Monster Bash was a well known well played title with relatively shallow code. People knew exactly what they were getting. It didn’t surprise me at all that games were available for a while.

Cactus Canyon isn’t as well known or as well played and known for shallow/incomplete code.

The vast majority of those with early orders in know what to expect and probably will be fine with the CGC extended code. The Lyman code is just a bonus. That’s clearly not a miss for owners of at least 2k games.

How successful CCr will be ultimately depends on the wave of orders that follow. But most of those won’t happen until the game has been out for a while and there are reviews of the code/gameplay. And then there will be a group that won’t decide until after the final Lyman code is out, similar to what we saw when Batman and Elvira were largely complete.

I don’t think CCr will be considered a miss or even a semi-miss and suspect we’ll see a significant uptick in sales after we see the Lyman code.

#4817 2 years ago

does it concern anyone that CGC may move onto the next game before we see said code and CCr ends up being like Pirates and what's in the world is what's in the world?

#4818 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

does it concern anyone that CGC may move onto the next game before we see said code and CCr ends up being like Pirates and what's in the world is what's in the world?

No. No concern whatsoever. Why do you think there is any chance they would do that? Just curious.

#4819 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

No, I think if anything all future games would be delayed/pushed back because of the Cactus Canyon delays. I could see also the Medieval Madness being delayed as well.

#4820 2 years ago

Well, with the delays on AFMr and MBr, it seemed like sales stagnated pretty quick and the rumor is MBr sat at distributors for a while. I don't remember distributors having inventory in my region, but that might just be me getting to the party late. If this game goes the same way then there could be the Stranger Things / Batman 66 effect where sales die off quickly after initial sales and the game becomes stelar after new code. I lucked into a MMr and MBr during 2020 but had a hell of a time finding a AFMr. I enjoyed the game at MGC this year with the code they have now and would hate the see a game like CCr end up being out of production before it had a chance to show its potential.

#4821 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Not in the slightest.

If I remember correctly CGC is currently working on five games. And Lyman is primarily responsible for the additional CCr code.

I’m pretty sure they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

#4822 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

We know you want an update from CGC, just ask Doug, your entitled to it

#4823 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Lyman isn't known for his speed, back at Stern, it often took a couple of years from game release for his code to be completed. So one would assume it was taking him around 2-3 years to complete a game. At the earliest, he started on CCr in March of 2021. He is known for quality though. My expectation are a long wait with a quality product at the end of the wait.

The long wait isn't much of a concern as we will have the other two code sets to enjoy while we wait.

CGC outsourced the new code. So them working on another project really wouldn't effect the speed of Lyman getting his code out. It would be silly for them to just stop everything else they have in the works to wait for Lyman to finish his code. Last we heard CGC has 4 other pinball machines in the works already each at various states of development. One of these could very well be released before the Lyman code.

#4824 2 years ago

It's not much news, but skinny guy from Buffalo pinball briefly spoke with Sharpe about his hesitation about the new CCr ruleset and his concerns about it being too easy. And Sharpe convinced him to buy it saying something along the lines of, it's going to be something that Lyman and I will be glad to have in our collection when we're done with it.

This happens an hour and 6 minute in.

#4825 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It's not much news, but skinny guy from Buffalo pinball briefly spoke with Sharpe about his hesitation about the new CCr ruleset and his concerns about it being too easy. And Sharpe convinced him to buy it saying something along the lines of, it's going to be something that Lyman and I will be glad to have in our collection when we're done with it.

0F868361-D5F1-44FD-BE09-12BB38FFC2A9 (resized).jpeg0F868361-D5F1-44FD-BE09-12BB38FFC2A9 (resized).jpeg
#4826 2 years ago

I.dont want to be Debbie downer but , two things he's selling a product, & the word "convinced ".
Anyone else....?

#4827 2 years ago

I want the best , trust me .
I guess we will know when we know and any speculation won't change it .

#4828 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Nice! Great to hear. What I was expecting!
Thanks for sharing!
Richard

#4829 2 years ago

Is there any confirmation of the new board set being Bluetooth and Wifi enabled ?

#4830 2 years ago

For those who have played both MB and CC (with the stock or continued/enhanced rules), is the code considered to be comparable in depth?
I own a MB, which is one of our family’s favorite titles and was curious how they stack up, rule wise?
I love the quality of the CGC product- my MM Royal is a stunning pin and exceptionally well built.
CC is one of the few 90s titles that I’ve hadn’t had a chance to put any real time on due to scarcity in my neck of the woods.
I’m sure Lyman will do a great job regardless and certainly looking forward to seeing what he does with the update.

#4831 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I.dont want to be Debbie downer but , two things he's selling a product, & the word "convinced ".
Anyone else....?

From my understanding Josh Sharpe is only a contractor for CGC like Lyman. I would assume that he doesn't really have much stake in trying to convince people of buying the game if he doesn't want to. In fact he has spoken out against how mediocre the original game is, mainly due to the code, before. Both Lyman and him are top tier professional players. So if he is being sincere in saying that they'll both want it in their collection, that is a good sign.

It sounds like Sharpe and skinny guy (nick) have some sort of relationship beforehand, for him to reach out to him after hearing that he was asking about the new code. That would make me believe that he wouldn't try to take advantage of him and convince him of a product that he honestly doesn't believe in. If Josh didn't believe in what him and Lyman are making he would have just not said anything.

That being said, he likely does have some interest in the new code doing well, so it wouldn't be wrong to be skeptical. We don't really know how they're getting paid from CGC and whether reception and quantity sold have any impact on their payment.

#4832 2 years ago

Good points, we will see after initial release and hopefully get a better idea of the Lyman code and where it could go .

#4833 2 years ago

CCr with finished Original code with input from original coders and the geek; man; without the josh and Lyman code this thing is gunna be crazy. I will definitely get the Lyman code when it’s available but in the mean time I reckon the finished code will blow us away !

#4834 2 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

For those who have played both MB and CC (with the stock or continued/enhanced rules), is the code considered to be comparable in depth?

I have not played CC with the enhanced code but comparing the WMS code bases I would say that MB is fairly shallow/easy but feels complete whereas CC original is fairly shallow/easy but clearly incomplete.

If you are not disappointed with the MB code depth it’s unlikely you’ll be disappointed by the default CCr code (enhanced). From what I have seen/heard the CGC version of the CC code doesn’t change the depth much, if at all. However, I would certainly expect the future Lyman code to significantly increase the depth and perceived completeness of CCr.

#4835 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

CCr with finished Original code with input from original coders and the geek; man; without the josh and Lyman code this thing is gunna be crazy. I will definitely get the Lyman code when it’s available but in the mean time I reckon the finished code will blow us away !

That’s the spirit! I feel the same way!
Richard

#4836 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have not played CC with the enhanced code but comparing the WMS code bases I would say that MB is fairly shallow/easy but feels complete whereas CC is fairly shallow/easy but clearly incomplete.
If you are not disappointed with the MB code depth it’s unlikely you’ll be disappointed by the default CCr code (enhanced). From what I have seen/heard the CGC version of the CC code doesn’t change the depth much, if at all. However, I would certainly expect the future Lyman code to significantly increase the depth and perceived completeness of CCr.

The enhanced mode certainly adds to the depth. You have bionic Bart mode; the little mini modes after finishing shot trees; super pops. Not a ton but definitely adds to the original.

#4837 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

The enhanced mode certainly adds to the depth. You have bionic Bart mode; the little mini modes after finishing shot trees; super pops. Not a ton but definitely adds to the original.

Adds more… but not in depth. The complexity or variation doesn’t really change.

Bash has less to it… CC is more… but not any more complicated. Just more on the table so to speak.

#4838 2 years ago

Just thought I would post an update on my Cactus Canyon Remake order.

tumbleweed-highway.giftumbleweed-highway.gif
#4839 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Adds more… but not in depth. The complexity or variation doesn’t really change.
Bash has less to it… CC is more… but not any more complicated. Just more on the table so to speak.

I foolishly hoped that you were out of this thread for good.

#4840 2 years ago

Here is a (very amateur) panorama of the proof for the new cactus canyon mirrored backglass. Difficult to shoot mirror!!!

This backglass is TRUE Silvered Mirror so will be as bright of a mirror as you can get!

We will try for more professional views of this and will put it on the CCR which is at Press Start Reno in the next few days.

Team PPS

#4841 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Here is a (very amateur) panorama of the proof for the new cactus canyon mirrored backglass. Difficult to shoot mirror!!!
This backglass is TRUE Silvered Mirror so will be as bright of a mirror as you can get!
We will try for more professional views of this and will put it on the CCR which is at Press Start Reno in the next few days.
Team PPS

Even more mirror than i thought there would be, love it!

#4842 2 years ago

I was wondering what the mirror was on the ground, puddles ? That mirrored back glass is the best I’ve ever seen..WOW, better than TOM & WH20 & another great one imo EATPM which are some cool mirrored backglasses

#4843 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I was wondering what the mirror was on the ground, puddles ? That mirrored back glass is the best I’ve ever seen..WOW, better than TOM & WH20 & another great one imo EATPM which are some cool mirrored backglasses

Glad I sent my order to Wayne. Hoping they can be delivered together. Looks awesome.

#4844 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Team PPS

WOW

#4845 2 years ago

Looking good!

#4846 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Glad I sent my order to Wayne. Hoping they can be delivered together. Looks awesome.

Me 2, ordered and paid.

#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Team PPS

Looks amazing, can't wait to get one.

#4848 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Team PPS

Looks Great! Fantastic job Planetary. Hey CGC your turn.

#4849 2 years ago

Saw this on FB glad to see progress

Will these ship separate?

Game from CGC
Glass from Planetary

Will they come with trim / lift channel for quick install ?

#4850 2 years ago

They ship separately. You’re likely to have your backglass long before your game.

I can’t imagine they will include trim. Never seen it included with any backglass before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/97?hl=richard-nba-sf2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.