(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 133.
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Thanks for sharing. New to pinball, didn't even think of a third party option. Can definitely work with that.
Now where to order a mid grade machine from....

I highly recommend JJ at GEX or going directly through PPS to try and jump the line with their larger allocation.

#4702 2 years ago

It's not a huge deal but I emailed Tilt Graphics about these about a month ago and they said:

"Remake has a larger bolt hole for the back box hinges."

So depending on how particular you are, it might be worth the wait for them to print on a new template.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've already ordered and received these from Tilt Graphics. I think the artwork looks very fitting to the game. They have a couple other choices as well.
[quoted image]

#4703 2 years ago

Just go straight to Sara @ Planetary Pinball. Largest distro for the CGC remakes.

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

It's not a huge deal but I emailed Tilt Graphics about these about a month ago and they said:
"Remake has a larger bolt hole for the back box hinges."
So depending on how particular you are, it might be worth the wait for them to print on a new template.

I already have them in my posession. If the remake has larger bolt holes, I'll take an Exacto knife to them once installed.

#4705 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just go straight to Sara @ Planetary Pinball. Largest distro for the CGC remakes.

So your saying they should have updated shipping info.

#4706 2 years ago

Have these still not shipped? I swear I see some places saying "pre order" and others as if ready to ship.

Last I heard was February.

#4707 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Last I heard was February.

#4708 2 years ago

See the presentation below from July, go to 16:45 where Ryan says games were on the line being built at that time.

#4709 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

See the presentation below from July, go to 16:45 where Ryan says games were on the line being built at that time.

Yes! This is what I was referencing in a earlier post! I could have sworn I heard him say they were building games already. So what is going on at CGC??? Is the whole line being held up by a missing playfield part???

#4710 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Is the whole line being held up by a missing playfield part???

This is the most likely explanation IMO.

#4711 2 years ago

In that video he covered two separate ideas - don't munge them together.

He boasted they had 850 playfields screened for the next game (CC). SEPARATELY he was pointing out games were being built now - aka CGC wasn't idle, they were still producing games right now. But those games weren't necessarily CC.

All which makes sense because the playfield production process is a slow, tedious process due to all the screening steps. It's also stuff they can easily store and stack in the warehouse once completed.

#4712 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

In that video he covered two separate ideas - don't munge them together.
He boasted they had 850 playfields screened for the next game (CC). SEPARATELY he was pointing out games were being built now - aka CGC wasn't idle, they were still producing games right now. But those games weren't necessarily CC.
All which makes sense because the playfield production process is a slow, tedious process due to all the screening steps. It's also stuff they can easily store and stack in the warehouse once completed.

That was mid July 2021, and he’s showing his production line building playfields up. Has CGC delivered any games since then?

#4713 2 years ago

That was mid July 2021, and he’s showing his production line building playfields up. Has CGC delivered any games since then?

No. Not yet. Soon I hope! Gona be worth it in the end!

#4714 2 years ago

It's probably a part delay.

However, another possibility is that a design issue became apparent during their batch of shows that they took the prototypes to. Which they could be addressing before they actually send any out.

#4715 2 years ago

I'm not concerned about delays w/ CGC. I've been through it twice now w/ MMr &MBr.

I take comfort in knowing that when my game arrives, it'll be top-notch. IMO, CGC is, by far, the best pinball machine company out there.

#4716 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm not concerned about delays w/ CGC. I've been through it twice now w/ MMr &MBr.
I take comfort in knowing that when my game arrives, it'll be top-notch. IMO, CGC is, by far, the best pinball machine company out there.

That’s my take also. If your in a hurry Stern is your best bet. CGC goes over Every detail to manage every possible expectation they can. Every CGC game I have bought has worked flawless with minimal if any issues out of the box. Plus they don’t want #LTG to pull the last of his hair out doing service calls all night. Lol. Best to Over analyze possible issues now vs hundreds of upset owners later. Really looking forward to this great game.

#4717 2 years ago

I’m not concerned with the delay. I’d just like to know what changed the schedule.

Spent my career asking questions. I learned a lot asking “Why?”

#4718 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not concerned with the delay. I’d just like to know what changed the schedule.
Spent my career asking questions. I learned a lot asking “Why?”

I think the majority of us are in a similar boat. We understand that it's a weird time to make pinball games. We have sympathy for the delay.

On the flip side we're all putting in a decent chunk of change on one of these games. I personally find that when I drop that kind of cash on anything it makes me feel more invested in it. Which in turn makes me want to know what is going on. Not to be upset about but to feel involved.

We're just all interested in the state of the game and really any new information we can get about the game.

The difficult part is I have all this pent up excitement for the game without new information to release it .

#4719 2 years ago

I don’t mind waiting but it would be nice to get an update from CGC, how great would it be to see someone besides Stern lighting Pinside on fire with game unboxings!

#4720 2 years ago

Meh. They’ll come when they come.

Anyone ansy about delays getting a pin can see everybody’s way behind. It’s just a pinball machine. Life goes on and I’ll get an email about it shipping someday.

I’ve got tons of other shit to live for before then.

#4721 2 years ago

Kudos to that. Why people are getting their panties twisted is beyond me. It’s only pinball and it’s always fun.

Quoted from underlord:

Anyone ansy about delays getting a pin can see everybody’s way behind. It’s just a pinball machine. Life goes on and I’ll get an email about it shipping someday.

#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I think you are missing the point. I think most everyone feels the same way. They just want an update. Not a lot to ask and just seems like a good business move from a PR standpoint.

#4723 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think you are missing the point. I think most everyone feels the same way. They just want an update. Not a lot to ask and just seems like a good business move from a PR standpoint.

No, WE all don’t want an update. WE do want them to get everything right and have the same quality they always do.

How about I give an update without knowing anything…….wait!

CGC is notorious for delays. You will get your game. I would not expect to see games until Q2 at the earliest. You might see a few trickle out but mid summer would be my guess. Here is the breakdown.

Most parts and orders for china went from a 3 week lead time to 3 months. Couple that with the new year which pretty much shuts the country down for a month. That’s 4 months. So release in announce in September and if we are lucky, the parts are just getting here now. Now with how everything is going so far, I would guess parts are not here yet and it will be February when we actually get stuff in and then it still needs to be assembled. Throw a fix or two and you can add another 2 month delay. So if there was a problem discovered at Expo or MGC, engineer and fix, order parts, and get everything….March for parts arrival. Call it April or May for delivery. Q2

#4724 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

No, WE all don’t want an update. WE do want them to get everything right and have the same quality they always do.

I think you are missing the point. I didn’t suggest that they rush production or sacrifice quality in any way. However, if CGC or any business says something is going to happen and it doesn’t, then I think it’s appropriate and good business practice to communicate with your customers, people that are spending a lot of money on your product. CGC said games would ship in 2021. They didn’t. That’s fine, but don’t go silent. Why didn’t they ship? You mention component and shipping delays but CGC knew all of that when they said games would ship in 2021. The component and shipping delays aren’t new developments. I have an LE ordered and am not worried about anything, but I would like to be treated by CGC with a little respect. That’s all. It’s a two minute post on Pinside. Not a lot of effort on their part.

#4725 2 years ago

Doug_Duba can you please chime in with an update? Anything at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

#4726 2 years ago

If Doug_Duba is smart he will stay the hell away from this thread for now.

Past experience has shown this:

- PINSIDE: "Please give us an update on the delay"

- CGC: "Waiting on a few parts that are delayed, production is still going but games cannot leave until complete"

- Pinside: "What's the part? Can you tell when it will arrive? Can it be made in the US? Where is it now? Who makes it? etc etc etc"

- CGC: "We don't know when it will arrive"

- Pinside: "Can you not ship the games as-is and then ship whatever part was missing after?"

etc. etc. etc.

It's pointless and never ending. All the armchair CEOs would keep chiming in on how they would run the company better blah blah blah..

If they had an estimate they would provide it. It might be counter-intuitive to some anxious members here but by being silent they actually avoid so many more pointless questions/suggestions and they can focus on building what they can while they wait. If you are uncomfortable with the wait you can just cancel. Otherwise you will get you machine when it's ready, like the rest of us!

Pounding the desk with your fist and claiming to deserve an update given the amount of money you are about to spend is ridiculous. It costs the same to all of us. Oh and there's a wait list of people ready to jump in the queue if someone wants to back out.

Just breath.

#4727 2 years ago

Just annoying when you are invoiced for the full amount, pay in full thinking; hey I don’t want to hold up shipment as it was communicated they would be shipping by the end of November and since I was invoiced full payment versus deposit, I assumed it would be shipping in the near future. Feels more like crowdfunding now. Nearly $10k sitting in someone else’s account, with no information as to when the product will ship. It’s just bad business.

#4728 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Just annoying when you are invoiced for the full amount, pay in full thinking; hey I don’t want to hold up shipment as it was communicated they would be shipping by the end of November and since I was invoiced full payment versus deposit, I assumed it would be shipping in the near future. Feels more like crowdfunding now. Nearly $10k sitting in someone else’s account, with no information as to when the product will ship. It’s just bad business.

Need to find a better distributor. Most like mine only take the deposit.

#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And there's a wait list of people ready to jump in the queue if someone wants to back out.

The recent emails from dealers and distributors indicate otherwise. I’m sure there are a number of folks that would upgrade to an LE. But there are plenty of SE+ slots left. Anyone who wants a topper can get one. And there is no limit on SEs.

Your “past experience” comments are exaggerated and silly.

There are plenty of ways to update and engage your customers. Post background stories, details on the development process, details about the game most don’t know. There is supposedly a development manual a few hundred pages long. Excerpts or summaries from that would be fascinating and should be possible without divulging trade secrets. Detailed pics of playfields ready to go, info on the cosmetic changes, etc.

Almost anything from CGC now serves two purposes - updating existing customers and marketing to potential ones. Marketing 101 says you keep everyone engaged. The Cactus Canyon and CGC remake fans are set - the vast majority of them who have wanted the game for a while ordered the game shortly after announce. Those people aren’t likely going anywhere. But there is absolutely nothing now to drive new sales.

#4730 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Not only is that bad business, it’s against CGC policy. CGC has told dealers that full payment should not collected more than two weeks before the confirmed ship date. Doug had specifically asked for information on dealers not following that policy.

#4731 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Need to find a better distributor. Most like mine only take the deposit.

It’s a reputable distributor, main reason I sent full payment.

#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

That's no reason to send full payment

#4733 2 years ago

Also on the list of folks waiting for a confirmation of any news on this game. Distributor did recently tell me that se’s “should” start shipping January/February of 2022 and the se + for spring 2022. Didn’t get any info on le. I know it’s just speculation, but just trying to pass some hope on that it’s sooner than later.

#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Also on the list of folks waiting for a confirmation of any news on this game. Distributor did recently tell me that se’s “should” start shipping January/February of 2022 and the se + for spring 2022. Didn’t get any info on le. I know it’s just speculation, but just trying to pass some hope on that it’s sooner than later.

Unless CGC is changing the production order LEs were supposed to start after SEs because they were waiting on parts for the topper. I thought the original plan was to have SE+ games ship after LEs.

January is seeming less likely for shipments since we should be about two weeks after people start getting invoices for their balance.

I’m hoping I get my LE before my birthday (September) but looking forward to seeing the first SEs delivered.

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

If you're worried about it have the distributor wire u back the money (minus the deposit). My guess is your gonna have a very long wait with CGC as they are notorious for big delays.

#4736 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Quoted from Tlamb:

Sooo..

Only the deposit was to be paid to confirm your purchase.

Even though full payment was not only not necessary and actually against CGC policy you CHOSE to do it. And somehow now that makes you entitled to complain about having made full payment and not knowing where your money is.

Gotcha.

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don’t mind waiting but it would be nice to get an update from CGC, how great would it be to see someone besides Stern lighting Pinside on fire with game unboxings!

Spooky has Halloween and Ultraman's unboxing everyday!

#4738 2 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Who the hell charged you full pop upfront? Deposits only at this time from CGC. You made that call amigo.

Pinball isn't their only revenue stream. If old timers like me aren't worried you youngsters shouldn't be either.

#4739 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Spooky has Halloween and Ultraman's unboxing everyday!

Fair point although those games have been out a while, so not much “fire” left in the titles from a hype standpoint. Stern pretty much sucks up all the new machine hype here, because as we know they have games on the line that people are fighting over to get and they are going from announcement to door steps in many cases very quickly. Imagine when the day comes that CGC can do this with the quality of game they are building, I think they could be some serious competition for Stern.

#4740 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Fair point although those games have been out a while, so not much “fire” left in the titles from a hype standpoint. Stern pretty much sucks up all the new machine hype on Pinside because as we know they have games on the line that people are fighting over to get and they are going from announcement to door steps in many cases very quickly. Imagine when the day comes that CGC can do this with the quality of game they are building, I think they could be some serious competition for Stern.

Stern's aren't pounding out deliveries either. They're backlogged as well. Personally I'd rather have CGC quality than Stern speed anyday. Stern's are fun but geez do they feel cheap.

#4741 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern's aren't pounding out deliveries either. They're backlogged as well. Personally I'd rather have CGC quality than Stern speed anyday. Stern's are fun but geez do they feel cheap.

Yes, nothing about a Stern machine feels like it is high end or quality.

#4742 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I agree 100% I will take CGC Quality all day long over Stern speed, but Stern does pound out deliveries of new titles! They produced roughly 2000 Godzilla’s in a very short period of time and that is no small task in a time of shortages and slowdowns in every industry... But again I am a quality over quantity guy!

#4743 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unless CGC is changing the production order LEs were supposed to start after SEs because they were waiting on parts for the topper. I thought the original plan was to have SE+ games ship after LEs.
January is seeming less likely for shipments since we should be about two weeks after people start getting invoices for their balance.
I’m hoping I get my LE before my birthday (September) but looking forward to seeing the first SEs delivered.

I hear you, again that’s just what I heard from flip n out pinball. I know they are just trying to push sales for the game and they probably don’t want to tell people that you will be waiting a long time. I’m just hoping I get a se before my birthday in June, in my dreams it comes a lot quicker… Cheers!

#4744 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think you are missing the point. I didn’t suggest that they rush production or sacrifice quality in any way. However, if CGC or any business says something is going to happen and it doesn’t, then I think it’s appropriate and good business practice to communicate with your customers, people that are spending a lot of money on your product. CGC said games would ship in 2021. They didn’t. That’s fine, but don’t go silent. Why didn’t they ship? You mention component and shipping delays but CGC knew all of that when they said games would ship in 2021. The component and shipping delays aren’t new developments. I have an LE ordered and am not worried about anything, but I would like to be treated by CGC with a little respect. That’s all. It’s a two minute post on Pinside. Not a lot of effort on their part.

No, I’m not missing the point. YOU FEEL like your ENTITLED to information because YOU FEEL like they owe you something more then the product when it’s ready.

YOUR NOT. NO ONE HERE IS unless your an investor in CGC.

Are you fully understanding my point? Take your entitlement and settle down. Leave the manufacturer and your distributor alone and wait for the announcement that games are shipping.

If you read everything I posted about delays instead of what you wanted to, you would have gotten to the point about finding a problem that needed to be fixed. Understand that is pure speculation but if that’s happened, then the delays in shipment from chime would definitely come into play and be COMPLETELY beyond CGCs control.

#4745 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

No, I’m not missing the point. YOU FEEL like your ENTITLED to information because YOU FEEL like they owe you something more then the product when it’s ready.
YOUR NOT. NO ONE HERE IS unless your an investor in CGC.
Are you fully understanding my point? Take your entitlement and settle down. Leave the manufacturer and your distributor alone and wait for the announcement that games are shipping.
If you read everything I posted about delays instead of what you wanted to, you would have gotten to the point about finding a problem that needed to be fixed. Understand that is pure speculation but if that’s happened, then the delays in shipment from chime would definitely come into play and be COMPLETELY beyond CGCs control.

We just want an update. I don't think that it is that crazy of a request.

If the grocery store was out of milk wouldn't you ask when they expect to get more?

#4746 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

- PINSIDE: "Please give us an update on the delay"

- CGC: "Waiting on a few parts that are delayed, production is still going but games cannot leave until complete"

- Pinside: "What's the part? Can you tell when it will arrive? Can it be made in the US? Where is it now? Who makes it? etc etc etc"

- CGC: "We don't know when it will arrive"

Worse scenario is the company making and sending the part tells you when you will get it, and then don't follow through. Leaving the manufacturer looking bad.

These past couple years have probably taught many manufacturers, and not just pinball. To be cautious making promises on other companies word.

LTG : )

#4747 2 years ago

Hey, I know, let's talk about TOPPERS!!!

#4748 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Worse scenario is the company making and sending the part tells you when you will get it, and then don't follow through. Leaving the manufacturer looking bad.
These past couple years have probably taught many manufacturers, and not just pinball. To be cautious making promises on other companies word.
LTG : )

But we want to know Now and update us on the update of the estimate planned update! I'll bet if we All call #LTG he will tell us!

#4749 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

We just want an update. I don't think that it is that crazy of a request.
If the grocery store was out of milk wouldn't you ask when they expect to get more?

Ok and if there is a problem “with the milk”? Then at best you have thousands of people wanting to know if there milk is ok? Was the milk thrown away? Did they just run out of milk? Why can’t they just get more milk? Etc. Meanwhile if we just all settle down a bit and understand what’s going on in the world right now, not just what is in our personal lives, everything will be better. They missed a date, don’t press them for another date because that’s what we are talking about. SOME PEOPLE want another date so they can crawl up on their soap box and loose their minds. Just let them make the game and be happy when it gets here. It’s worth the wait

#4750 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Doug_Duba can you please chime in with an update? Anything at all would be appreciated.
Thanks

Coming from a mgf company. I would not give an update in a forum. Part of the problem is that you're told two more weeks before they can get some needed parts (or whatever is the date was)from one vendor. You share that info or give an updated schedule based on that. Now they come back and say the two weeks is more like three to five weeks, now you have egg on your face. Now whatever you say to the group some will not believe you. Damn if you do damn if you don't. Best way to get an answer is go direct to Doug or Ryan. I not saying you'll get anything but I think you will have a better chance. Likely the answer would be something like, We're waiting on parts, vendors not making promised dates. Can't give good updated schedule at this time. Please know we're doing everything we can to give the best product to our customers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/95?hl=richard-nba-sf2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.