(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 133.
#4651 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Or hasn’t bought a CGC game before lol. I received my MMrRE 5-6 months later than they had announced. And no updates either lol.

I read through the MBR threads. They were pretty upfront about the playfield issues for that and subsequent delays early on.

We never hear anything from Stern so maybe it’s not fair we are expecting more from CGC but still.

#4652 2 years ago

They say No news is Good news ? Would really enjoy a sitrep though

#4653 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lol.
I can absolutely guarantee that games will be sent out before the end of the year!

What are you guaranteeing this claim with? Will you pay for my game if it is not shipped by years end?

Thanks
John

#4654 2 years ago

My guess is 02022022 for the first dispatch.
I would be ok with that because CGC will make the final product spectacular.

Sheats and Sharpe teaser code included would be very cool.
A great hook and clever way to show what the the guys are up to

#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

In fairness, it’s probably not reasonable to expect them to update us during the holidays.

I get what your saying, but last week wasn’t really a full holiday week and it only takes a few minutes for Mr. Duba to post on this thread anyway. When there were issues with the launch and sales were on the line, he seemed very willing to post. Just a simple observation. I’m not worked up about it and I have an LE ordered.

#4656 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I get what your saying, but last week wasn’t really a full holiday week and it only takes a few minutes for Mr. Duba to post on this thread anyway. When there were issues with the launch and sales were on the line, he seemed very willing to post. Just a simple observation. I’m not worked up about it and I have an LE ordered.

guessing that they don't owe us a thing ! they will ship when ready , however wouldn't mind a quick update as well !

not worked up about it as well , some communication would be nice touch for 10K plus !

#4657 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

some communication would be nice touch for 10K plus !

Maybe that’s why the LE was priced at $9250

We missed the LE+ with the “weekly telegrams from Cactus Canyon” option …

#4658 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe that’s why the LE was priced at $9250
We missed the LE+ with the “weekly telegrams from Cactus Canyon” option …

He's from Canada. 10K might be Canadian dollars?

#4659 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

He's from Canada. 10K might be Canadian dollars?

almost 12.5 K ... CDN pesos

#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

almost 12.5 K ... CDN pesos

At least you’re not in Australia. Those down under must really love pinball.

#4661 2 years ago

(LE AUD 17k

#4663 2 years ago

I’m ready!

#4664 2 years ago

FK it, I’m moving to Canadia, Sparwood / Whistler seems good ? And Pinny’s will be cheaper

#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

FK it, I’m moving to Canadia, Sparwood / Whistler seems good ? And Pinny’s will be cheaper

We are not much cheaper here in Canada, with that artificially inflated green back!

#4666 2 years ago

I've owned all three of their games so far, so they're batting 1,000 so far in my opinion. Yes, CCr will be late, but if history is any indicator, it'll come soon enough and will feel and play like an old Williams. Unfortunately, patience is a dying virtue in America.

#4667 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I've owned all three of their games so far, so they're batting 1,000 so far in my opinion. Yes, CCr will be late, but if history is any indicator, it'll come soon enough and will feel and play like an old Williams. Unfortunately, patience is a dying virtue in America.

Meh. Whiners will move onto the next ohh shiny from Stern, rate it all 10’s and defend it to their deaths…or next shiny after that.

B070ED1A-1C7F-4E82-A13B-BBB462F62619.gifB070ED1A-1C7F-4E82-A13B-BBB462F62619.gif
#4668 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Unfortunately, patience is a dying virtue in America.

Made me think of this.. haha.

BB2A18A5-FFF3-4F60-885A-FC6FC54B8403 (resized).pngBB2A18A5-FFF3-4F60-885A-FC6FC54B8403 (resized).png
#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

. Unfortunately, patience is a dying virtue in America.

It is not so much patience it is the fact that I was told mid-nov at expo. Kinda just a frustration. I get delays, I have had a car in order for 4 months but my salesman at least calls bi-weekly. But a little communication goes a long way.

#4671 2 years ago

So what’s the latest rumor for delivery on LEs?

#4672 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

It is not so much patience it is the fact that I was told mid-nov at expo. Kinda just a frustration. I get delays, I have had a car in order for 4 months but my salesman at least calls bi-weekly. But a little communication goes a long way.

I agree with you 100% on that statement. I mean the game was supposed to be released in early 2020 at Texas (late), their Expo presentation (about an hour late), game release we were told mid-November (late).....just give us at least a little communication Mr. Duba (please). We know you can do it because you posted numerous times after the Expo (I don't know if fiasco would be the right word).

#4673 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

All I know is.......

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Unfortunately there is no rumored eta. There are complete and total guesses based on past cgc delivery times, but they're just that. Guesses. My guess on LEs would be summer 2022 based on others guesses

#4675 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I think most are patient and understanding of delays.
But both patience and understanding are tested the longer there is no substantive information to justify either.

We haven’t had any info in 54 days.

#4676 2 years ago

Did you guys get your CC pins yet?

#4677 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Did you guys get your CC pins yet?

Someone doesn't know how to read the room (joke).

Nobody has received their pins yet. Some of the SE models were supposed to have shipped by now. We're assuming the delay is due to parts shortages but haven't heard directly from CGC yet.

We all are just waiting here very patiently for the next bit of information we can get.

#4678 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

And with electric surfboards, off-road skateboards... who needs salt water or mountains?

#4679 2 years ago

Plus back glass

#4680 2 years ago

Came across this old video. Cool mods

#4681 2 years ago

This may be putting the cart before the horse, but what mods would people like to see?

#4682 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This may be putting the cart before the horse, but what mods would people like to see?

Train tracks for the SE is really all I care to add.

#4683 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm excited to see if Brian Allen does an alternate translate for Cactus Canyon. They're amazing but I've never owned a machine he has done the new art for.

He has done alternate artwork for the last three CGC games, but that could just be a coincidence.

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/medieval-madness-alternative-acrylic-backglass/

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/attack-from-mars-alternative-thin-translite/

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/monster-bash-alternative-translite/

#4684 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I'm excited to see if Brian Allen does an alternate translate for Cactus Canyon. They're amazing but I've never owned a machine he has done the new art for.
He has done alternate artwork for the last three CGC games, but that could just be a coincidence.
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/medieval-madness-alternative-acrylic-backglass/
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/attack-from-mars-alternative-thin-translite/

I have a few of his banners and other art work they are excellent.

#4685 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Australia often sees games first.
LEs included

No we don’t!

#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:I'm excited to see if Brian Allen does an alternate translate for Cactus Canyon. They're amazing but I've never owned a machine he has done the new art for.

It’s not an IF, pps have advertised that there will be work by Brian Alan for CCr, I’m sure A translite is one of them

#4687 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

Plus back glass

Ouch, yeah just paid for mine. Just had to have it mate. I put one in my AFMRLE too.

#4688 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I'm excited to see if Brian Allen does an alternate translate for Cactus Canyon.

I would like to see it, but his style would seem to really clash with that of John Youssi. I’m getting the mirrored backglass for completeness but I may just put my autographed translite in the game.

I figure train tracks will be quite popular and I would love to see something to cover the train motor and perhaps a nice train station.

13FF8D87-83A5-47EE-B6BB-4C9049BADBDB (resized).jpeg13FF8D87-83A5-47EE-B6BB-4C9049BADBDB (resized).jpeg
#4689 2 years ago

The original translite is really nice imo, no need for an alternative one. I also agree with previous poster that Brian's style would clash with existing cabinet decals and such.

#4690 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I figure train tracks will be quite popular and I would love to see something to cover the train motor and perhaps a nice train station.

Already made those - you need to paint them yourself..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club/page/3#post-6610485

Train tracks are something I'm considering too.
Don't know how many people will be interested? Pm me to let me know..

#4691 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The original translite is really nice imo, no need for an alternative one. I also agree with previous poster that Brian's style would clash with existing cabinet decals and such.

I'm in this camp also. He's a very talented artist, no doubt. But sometimes that style just doesn't flow with the machine. Fish Tales for example.

#4692 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm in this camp also. He's a very talented artist, no doubt. But sometimes that style just doesn't flow with the machine. Fish Tales for example.

I agree. I think the artwork is very cool but I would not want it on my machine. I bought the alternative AFM art but I did not install it on my machine, instead it is artwork for my wall.

#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I agree. I think the artwork is very cool but I would not want it on my machine. I bought the alternative AFM art but I did not install it on my machine, instead it is artwork for my wall.

His art is great! But I do love the originals as well! I prefer the looks of the originals in my machines.

#4694 2 years ago

Anyone know if the side interior panels will be available? Or if can still order a LE?

Realized what I didn't like about this one was the black sides until I saw the LE. Should be standard, imo.

#4695 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Anyone know if the side interior panels will be available? Or if can still order a LE?
Realized what I didn't like about this one was the black sides until I saw the LE. Should be standard, imo.

There's only a few things that really make the LE limited and unique at this point, the art blades being one of them. I don't think they should or will make them available.

#4696 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Put mirror blades on it, I reckon black mirror will be better than the art, I’m on an LE but as soon as I see the art starting to peel I’ll change for black mirror…one day

#4697 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

I've already ordered and received these from Tilt Graphics. I think the artwork looks very fitting to the game. They have a couple other choices as well.

Screenshot_20220105-074412_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220105-074412_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4698 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've already ordered and received these from Tilt Graphics. I think the artwork looks very fitting to the game. They have a couple other choices as well.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. New to pinball, didn't even think of a third party option. Can definitely work with that.

Now where to order a mid grade machine from....

#4699 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

putting the side blades before the horse ?

#4700 2 years ago
Quoted from Luk3:

Thanks for sharing. New to pinball, didn't even think of a third party option. Can definitely work with that.

Here is a good starting point: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/61

I just did the company local to my state, as most my usual pinball distributors don't actually sell CGC games. From my understanding after speaking to a Stern/American distributor friend. CGC holds their distributors list tight and it's somewhat difficult to become one of their distributors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
7,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/94?hl=richard-nba-sf2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.