(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 133.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Any idea when these will start shipping?

We should have information in a week to three weeks.

Getting close to good news.

LTG : )

#402 2 years ago

Godzilla; mmm, as good as it looks, nope. I’ll wait and get the build quality of CGC. The wait for the reveal is excruciating though

#403 2 years ago

I have always wanted a CGC because they got a classic but modern experience to them. I got into the hobby too late to grab AFM which seems awesome. I saw they were doing Cactus Canyon and looked up the original and thought....Instant Classic. Plus I love westerns. I also wanted something different to go in between my two pins AIQ and Mando. So excited.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Godzilla; mmm, as good as it looks, nope. I’ll wait and get the build quality of CGC. The wait for the reveal is excruciating though

Let’s be honest though, we already know what the playfield is, it’s the extra bits we need to see so we can decide between trim levels.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

it’s the extra bits we need to see so we can decide between trim levels.

There are not enough "extra bits" in their magic bag that can be added to this title to make me want it. No wide color display, lighted speakers, RGB GI lighting, no saloon doors, no added "train" functionality, not even added code, topper and mini game would move my needle off of "Yawn". I think IJTPA, even with the logistics of gaining licenses and building wide bodied cabinets (requiring a major retooling of their lines) is a way better investment in the long run. Could you imagine the LE price though?!?

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Let’s be honest though, we already know what the playfield is, it’s the extra bits we need to see so we can decide between trim levels.

To me what is most important is what they’ve done for code improvements, I wish I could’ve told us more in the seminar.

#407 2 years ago

this announcement is past its expiry date and by the time it comes out it better be good or it will be a total flop.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

this announcement is past its expiry date and by the time it comes out it better be good or it will be a total flop.

Be patient Fandango …. I trust those guys of CGC, it will be a nice Pinball guaranteed.

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There are not enough "extra bits" in their magic bag that can be added to this title to make me want it. No wide color display, lighted speakers, RGB GI lighting, no saloon doors, no added "train" functionality, not even added code, topper and mini game would move my needle off of "Yawn". I think IJTPA, even with the logistics of gaining licenses and building wide bodied cabinets (requiring a major retooling of their lines) is a way better investment in the long run. Could you imagine the LE price though?!?

If they remade IJTPA it would be a huge seller! I would guess the LE price would be around $15,000 and it would sell out immediately.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

If they remade IJTPA it would be a huge seller! I would guess the LE price would be around $15,000 and it would sell out immediately.

People talk about leaving money on the table and I think IJTPA is the biggest money being left there, but if they tooled up for wide bodies, they could do TZ and Indy and I think recoup the investment, then this would allow them to compete directly (size wise) with JJP and do original wide body titles in the future.

<John Belushi Voice on>
But Nooooooooooo!
<John Belushi Voice off>

They had to do CC because thats just way too easy money... standard cabinet, just redo some artwork here or there, re-dot the display, finish the modes and code (I say finish not recode because I am NOT expecting that much will change from the original), adapt their platform to drive it, and add a topper with some kind of mini game incorporated... my guess is something like Gottlieb's LCA quick draw, then sell it to the tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breath free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. You know, dumb pinheads like yourself and I.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

100% unfortunately this will never happen.
Disney has bigger fish to fry and they are not interest in the peanuts from the pinball world.

#412 2 years ago

Disney has bigger fish to fry and they are not interest in the peanuts from the pinball world.

Isnt JJP coming out with a Toy Story pin sooner or later? Disney will license anything for the right price.

#413 2 years ago

Never say never. Anything is possible in this hobby - “improbable at this time” would be a safer bet.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have always wanted a CGC because they got a classic but modern experience to them. I got into the hobby too late to grab AFM which seems awesome. I saw they were doing Cactus Canyon and looked up the original and thought....Instant Classic. Plus I love westerns. I also wanted something different to go in between my two pins AIQ and Mando. So excited.

Agreed I just sold all my final Sterns today, except Mando Prem & JP Prem. I got into the hobby late (recently) as well and I was all about Stern LCD games, but I'm mixing it up now. I love my JJP The Hobbit & I'm picking up a GnR LE. So CGC CC is next. I have a two Stern table limit now with the space I have available.

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Agreed I just sold all my final Sterns today, except Mando Prem & JP Prem. I got into the hobby late (recently) as well and I was all about Stern LCD games, but I'm mixing it up now. I love my JJP The Hobbit & I'm picking up a GnR LE. So CGC CC is next. I have a two Stern table limit now with the space I have available.

I wouldn’t have kept two

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

Isnt JJP coming out with a Toy Story pin sooner or later? Disney will license anything for the right price.

Besides generating money (maybe not extremely much with a few thousand games) it also generated some more visability for a theme/franchise. I can imagine that could be a (small?) factor of wanting to cooperate with a pinball license as well.

#417 2 years ago

Who care about JJP they have the worst customer service in the industry; buy from anyone but them

#418 2 years ago

Chicago Gaming is so much better quality and service

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I agree quality is great with CGC. My MBr was the only machine in my collection I never even had to remove the glass for beside cleaning. Never even had the playfield up. Having said this, isn't it a little easier to improve on an existing design vs building a new machine from scratch? Not sure you can compare quality.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They didn't say anything about the tiers or the pricing in the presentation but maybe it doesn't make sense to continue to do two sets of code for the different display sizes so no more CE??

I do not think there are 2 sets of code just more dots on a smaller screen. My Monster Bash classic looks beautiful with smaller screen. Better resolution.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

In my experience...

JJP had slow service, but had problematic games due to the huge amount of stuff they put in their games. When I bought Dialed In however, and had my issues, Jack personally called me and went way above and beyond to get me sorted out. Best experience I've had. But the company may have since changed.

Spooky has really friendly and quick service, but their product is cheap and uninspired. I know loads of fans will disagree, but aside from there playfields (which are definitely durable) the build quality of the games themselves are the worst I've ever seen. My TNA and R&M all sound hollow and clunky when they're played, and they put barely anything into the games. It's as though they just grab a few random parts of the shelves at Pinball Life and quickly whip a game together.

CGC was the best of both quality and service. They offered really good (not great) service, and I feel like the games are made exceptionally well, and have lots in them. Really good value IMO. My MMr was rock solid, and I still have my AFMr and have had almost no issues.

No need to mention Stern. We all know they just pump these titles put, but I will say, the Elwin games are an exception. I have owned them all so far, 2 are still here bolted to the floor, and I'll likely buy every game he put out because I know they'll be fun, challenging, and creative.

Just my thoughts...

#422 2 years ago

Never owned an AP? ... built like tanks , great playfields, hands down best customer support in the industry period..
Lots of new/old blood in AP now thinking they will make more high quality innovative games !
Interesting times in Pinball .

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Never owned an AP? ... built like tanks , great playfields, hands down best customer support in the industry period..
Lots of new/old blood in AP now thinking they will make more high quality innovative games !

That’s where I’m at right now. I own a Houdini…love it’s originally, quality build and great customer support. I’m anxious to see what AP comes up with next. I think it will be Legends of Valhalla, which I’m very excited about. I’m also very interested in a Cactus Canyon remake. I can only afford (and have room for) one. So there’s my quandary!!! I’m wondering what the prices will be for the CCs. I’m sure AP’s game will be reasonable compared to other new releases.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I've played Houdini and Oktoberfest, but couldn't get past the terrible animations.

I'm hoping they develop more as a company, and become more of a competitor.

What I did appreciate, is how many things they put into the games.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What I did appreciate, is how many things they put into the games.

That was my major gripe with Houdini - there were too many shots. I love the theme, but the width of some shots is way too narrow. I wanted to love it, but it frustrates me to play it.

#426 2 years ago

I appreciate that AP doesn't steal your money and actually builds games within a reasonable time frame.

I know that's a pretty low bar, but here we are.

Their games so far haven't really been my cup of tea but if they can keep producing pinball games like an actual pinball company there's room for improvement.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

That was my major gripe with Houdini - there were too many shots. I love the theme, but the width of some shots is way too narrow. I wanted to love it, but it frustrates me to play it.

Yeah, I was on the fence with this one. I put in about 20 games and knew for certain I was out.

The video modes were atrocious. Same on Oktoberfest.

If they get this part of their games improved, and they get some interesting licensing, I'd probably give them a shot.

They need a homerun like Rick & Morty. I own it, and it's only still here because of the theme. In my opinion, it feels like Scott Danesi designed this one while he was drunk.

#428 2 years ago

I think it is fair to say any game done poorly will be a flop .

No way CCr will be a flop. They will sell out the LE's very quickly. It will be interesting to me how much code they add to the game. I think that may be a tell on their future plans. There are several B/W titles that are stunning games that with improved code will be hits for CGC. Imagine TOM, CV, TOTAN,CP, Who Dunn it, with more state of the art code. High Speed Getaway with updated code and music would be a winner as well.

Imagine Fun House with DOTs and updated code. Way too many non licensed titles that they can be creative with and do what they want.

I also agree with the CGC hi level of quality and customer service. I have a MB from them that is stunning and a real nice face lift to the original. I like the flipper feel on it as well .

#429 2 years ago

Only issue I see with CGC is how long it takes to get a game to market.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Didn’t CGC say that after Cactus Canyon they’ll be going on to making two games per year or did I miss hear that?

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

They are investing in making that faster.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Didn’t CGC say that after Cactus Canyon they’ll be going on to making two games per year

Yes.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Didn’t CGC say that after Cactus Canyon they’ll be going on to making two games per year or did I miss hear that?

Talk is cheap.

#433 2 years ago

Don’t suppose any juicy rumors are out and about?

#434 2 years ago

I just heard that that Christopher Franchi is doing the art on one of their next titles.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just heard that that Christopher Franchi is doing the art on one of their next titles.

Cool. Wouldn’t it be cool if they tried Voltaire?

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I can pretty much guarantee PTC or EFL aren't coming up.

LTG : (

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I can pretty much guarantee PTC or EFL aren't coming up.
LTG : (

PTC? EFL? I’m sorry Lloyd, I’m behind on my acronyms.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

PTC? EFL? I’m sorry Lloyd, I’m behind on my acronyms.

Punchy the Clown - PTC

#439 2 years ago

But the current owner, Scientific Games does. At least as far as the licensing which they own and Rick has an agreement to license stuff. But Scientific Games is still going to approve anything.

I have a question about the Williams logo. Why is it CGC can use the Bally logo but not the Williams logo? I have a AFM LE and the display shows the bally logo on the screen but my MMR SE does not show any Williams logo on the display screen. Like it was removed from the code. Why is this? Does scientific games not like having the Williams name out there anymore?

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Other than he may have told them they were still waiting on approval from Scientific Games on stuff.

But the current owner, Scientific Games does. At least as far as the licensing which they own and Rick has an agreement to license stuff. But Scientific Games is still going to approve anything.

I have a question about the Williams logo. Why is it CGC can use the Bally logo but not the Williams logo? I have a AFM LE and the display shows the bally logo on the screen but my MMR SE does not show any Williams logo on the display screen. Like it was removed from the code. Why is this? Does scientific games not like having the Williams name out there anymore?

#441 2 years ago

According to Ryan's video should be less than 2 weeks (at the latest)!

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

According to Ryan's video should be less than 2 weeks (at the latest)!

I will believe it when I see it.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Why is it CGC can use the Bally logo but not the Williams logo?

I don't know for sure. But if Williams logo is still used in slot machines, that may be the reason.

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Yep...Godzilla was released....
With actual pictures and a physical game .
Imagine that

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know for sure. But if Williams logo is still used in slot machines, that may be the reason.

Pretty sure that was the reason stated before about not being able to use the Williams logo.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Yep...Godzilla was released....
With actual pictures and a physical game .
Imagine that

And sold out sight unseen. Imagine that.

Good luck on everyone’s banking on pinflation and turning a quick buck on impulse control dumbasses with more money than good judgement.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Pretty sure that was the reason stated before about not being able to use the Williams logo.

Not sure why that would matter? Both my Bally and Williams slots have logos.

2E9B2BEC-3F97-439C-9AD5-D97266503873 (resized).jpeg2E9B2BEC-3F97-439C-9AD5-D97266503873 (resized).jpeg
#448 2 years ago
Quoted from bghenson23:

Punchy the Clown - PTC

Fellas, and EFL? …

#449 2 years ago

Time to share @ LTG

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Time to share @ LTG

When it happens. I will gladly share.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.