(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

27 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 414 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 minutes ago by clearstar
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 28 votes
    10%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 23 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 113 votes
    41%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 113 votes
    41%

(277 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8DEA8123-1678-449D-AA7A-BA102AE579B5 (resized).jpeg
57E649DF-2B67-469E-9D1C-A1EA57FAE28B (resized).jpeg
31B6A7A8-7252-42DB-BC44-0CAA516AD993 (resized).jpeg
DSC00559 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20210720-193421_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210821-222920_Chrome (resized).jpg
C9BD7559-0689-4E36-82BF-12158C4872D7 (resized).jpeg
giphy.gif
team (resized).jpg
B800C051-C272-4BA7-800A-295662311581 (resized).jpeg
2A44D50C-A1DC-4C29-B4D4-67E2CFC2BD17 (resized).jpeg
DC0B59C1-86DE-4C24-9C07-8711EDD56E62 (resized).jpeg
86B4D1EE-D642-45CC-B88A-0881EB477E4F (resized).jpeg
1EBB2629-2785-454A-9EB3-6B6B82545B68 (resized).jpeg
8C6FB88F-7DFE-491D-B759-33EFD728C406 (resized).jpeg
E8C10545-A6CF-449A-B9F5-40AB764DDE92 (resized).jpeg

There are 414 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 4 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Any idea when these will start shipping?

We should have information in a week to three weeks.

Getting close to good news.

LTG : )

#402 2 days ago

Godzilla; mmm, as good as it looks, nope. I’ll wait and get the build quality of CGC. The wait for the reveal is excruciating though

#403 2 days ago

I have always wanted a CGC because they got a classic but modern experience to them. I got into the hobby too late to grab AFM which seems awesome. I saw they were doing Cactus Canyon and looked up the original and thought....Instant Classic. Plus I love westerns. I also wanted something different to go in between my two pins AIQ and Mando. So excited.

#404 2 days ago
Quoted from Inittowinit:

Godzilla; mmm, as good as it looks, nope. I’ll wait and get the build quality of CGC. The wait for the reveal is excruciating though

Let’s be honest though, we already know what the playfield is, it’s the extra bits we need to see so we can decide between trim levels.

#405 1 day ago
Quoted from MooButt:

it’s the extra bits we need to see so we can decide between trim levels.

There are not enough "extra bits" in their magic bag that can be added to this title to make me want it. No wide color display, lighted speakers, RGB GI lighting, no saloon doors, no added "train" functionality, not even added code, topper and mini game would move my needle off of "Yawn". I think IJTPA, even with the logistics of gaining licenses and building wide bodied cabinets (requiring a major retooling of their lines) is a way better investment in the long run. Could you imagine the LE price though?!?

#406 1 day ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Let’s be honest though, we already know what the playfield is, it’s the extra bits we need to see so we can decide between trim levels.

To me what is most important is what they’ve done for code improvements, I wish I could’ve told us more in the seminar.

#407 1 day ago

this announcement is past its expiry date and by the time it comes out it better be good or it will be a total flop.

#408 22 hours ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

this announcement is past its expiry date and by the time it comes out it better be good or it will be a total flop.

Be patient Fandango …. I trust those guys of CGC, it will be a nice Pinball guaranteed.

#409 22 hours ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There are not enough "extra bits" in their magic bag that can be added to this title to make me want it. No wide color display, lighted speakers, RGB GI lighting, no saloon doors, no added "train" functionality, not even added code, topper and mini game would move my needle off of "Yawn". I think IJTPA, even with the logistics of gaining licenses and building wide bodied cabinets (requiring a major retooling of their lines) is a way better investment in the long run. Could you imagine the LE price though?!?

If they remade IJTPA it would be a huge seller! I would guess the LE price would be around $15,000 and it would sell out immediately.

#410 21 hours ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

If they remade IJTPA it would be a huge seller! I would guess the LE price would be around $15,000 and it would sell out immediately.

People talk about leaving money on the table and I think IJTPA is the biggest money being left there, but if they tooled up for wide bodies, they could do TZ and Indy and I think recoup the investment, then this would allow them to compete directly (size wise) with JJP and do original wide body titles in the future.

<John Belushi Voice on>
But Nooooooooooo!
<John Belushi Voice off>

They had to do CC because thats just way too easy money... standard cabinet, just redo some artwork here or there, re-dot the display, finish the modes and code (I say finish not recode because I am NOT expecting that much will change from the original), adapt their platform to drive it, and add a topper with some kind of mini game incorporated... my guess is something like Gottlieb's LCA quick draw, then sell it to the tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breath free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. You know, dumb pinheads like yourself and I.

#411 18 hours ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

100% unfortunately this will never happen.
Disney has bigger fish to fry and they are not interest in the peanuts from the pinball world.

#412 18 hours ago

Disney has bigger fish to fry and they are not interest in the peanuts from the pinball world.

Isnt JJP coming out with a Toy Story pin sooner or later? Disney will license anything for the right price.

#413 17 hours ago

Never say never. Anything is possible in this hobby - “improbable at this time” would be a safer bet.

#414 27 minutes ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have always wanted a CGC because they got a classic but modern experience to them. I got into the hobby too late to grab AFM which seems awesome. I saw they were doing Cactus Canyon and looked up the original and thought....Instant Classic. Plus I love westerns. I also wanted something different to go in between my two pins AIQ and Mando. So excited.

Agreed I just sold all my final Sterns today, except Mando Prem & JP Prem. I got into the hobby late (recently) as well and I was all about Stern LCD games, but I'm mixing it up now. I love my JJP The Hobbit & I'm picking up a GnR LE. So CGC CC is next. I have a two Stern table limit now with the space I have available.

There are 414 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside