(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 133.
#351 2 years ago

So the License is now approved because PPS are taking names ? surely CGC can now release a lot of info & pics ?

#352 2 years ago

Seems kinda weird PPS is the one who is holding up the reveal of Cactus Canyon. Their is nothing to look at. Their is no pricing. PPS is clearly saying to get an LE you should preorder from him and that other dealer have no idea how many LE they will be awarded. They also haven't set the number of le they are making. Let me say I don't think any of the is Chicago Gaming's doing. The email i got back from planetary said to be ready to send the a 1000.00 to hold your Le and would be taken shortly.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Seems kinda weird PPS is the one who is holding up the reveal of Cactus Canyon. Their is nothing to look at. Their is no pricing. PPS is clearly saying to get an LE you should preorder from him and that other dealer have no idea how many LE they will be awarded. They also haven't set the number of le they are making. Let me say I don't think any of the is Chicago Gaming's doing. The email i got back from planetary said to be ready to send the a 1000.00 to hold your Le and would be taken shortly.

If you listen to the video presentation it was said that Williams also has to approve portions of the license, not jut PPS.

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Frankly, PPS is the last company I would order from.

#355 2 years ago

Hopefully pics & game play posted real soon .

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

So the License is now approved because PPS are taking names ? surely CGC can now release a lot of info & pics ?

No. PPS like other CGC distributors now know it's coming so making a list of who is interested in the game.

Quoted from bankmansam:

Seems kinda weird PPS is the one who is holding up the reveal of Cactus Canyon.

Nobody said they were. Could be Scientific Games. Could be the time it takes for approval goes back and forth and changes made and process starts again.

LTG : )

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Frankly, PPS is the last company I would order from.

I'm not quite sure why you'd make that statement.

I've bought 2 remakes directly from them with no problems at all.

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Hopefully pics & game play posted real soon .

I understand CGC don't have to go to a lot of trouble to sell games. I do hope with CCr reveal that it will be executed with class, attention to detail and great production value.
Extremely excited for this title and my first CGC pin.

#359 2 years ago

I was extremely happy with all my remake purchases from PPS!
I’m a buyer for this one too!

#360 2 years ago

I have bought parts from PPS and got great prices with fast delivery.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I understand CGC don't have to go to a lot of trouble to sell games. I do hope with CCr reveal that it will be executed with class, attention to detail and great production value.
Extremely excited for this title and my first CGC pin.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e6a3bd1c2989d1c5e9d2a9978b7715dab341061b-1630494818-1800"};
//]]>

You won’t be disappointed.

#362 2 years ago

I think PPS ( Rick ) is being clear. He say we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, Clearly Rick kept CGC from showing the game at Southern Fried Game. The old company Williams wants nothing to do with pinball.

#363 2 years ago

I watched the whole presentation from CGC they said the game wasn't at the show because williams had to approve the game. Rick just posted we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games,

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Clearly Rick kept CGC from showing the game at Southern Fried Game.

No. Other than he may have told them they were still waiting on approval from Scientific Games on stuff.

Quoted from bankmansam:

The old company Williams wants nothing to do with pinball.

But the current owner, Scientific Games does. At least as far as the licensing which they own and Rick has an agreement to license stuff. But Scientific Games is still going to approve anything.

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have bought parts from PPS and got great prices with fast delivery.

Same here. No problems on past purchases.

#366 2 years ago

Very interesting thanks for the info Loyd

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But Scientific Games is still going to approve anything.

so WMS Gambling is now called "Scientific Game" ?

#368 2 years ago

Listened to latest super awesome today.
Great to hear CCr will have a Franchi art touch.
Cool.

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Cool.

Is he doing the topper like on MMRRE?

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

so WMS Gambling is now called "Scientific Game" ?

For many years.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Cool.

Do you think more than just the topper like MMr?

#373 2 years ago

A couple of things:

Quoted from bankmansam:

I think PPS ( Rick ) is being clear. He say we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, Clearly Rick kept CGC from showing the game at Southern Fried Game. The old company Williams wants nothing to do with pinball.

- PPS is the licensee for these games, they are made under our license in collaboration with CGC, we work with CGC thru the life of the game and we are the initial approver for the game.
- PPS/Rick did NOT keep CGC from showing the games ... at all.
- The 'old' company (Scientific Games > WMS) is very involved in digital pinball, home virtual pinball, we are the only licensee for physical pinball and they very much are aware of what we are doing and have confidence such that they don't need to be very much involved. They are also the final approver of the games (Haggis games, CGC games, etc), so "wants nothing to do with pinball" is misleading. In fact they were very constructive and supportive for doing BKSOR with Stern, which was fairly recent.

Planetary Pinball

#374 2 years ago

So sounds like it will have art blades. I’m sure they will look awesome. However i must admit i love the mirror blades on the first 3. Was hoping they would stick with that theme.

#375 2 years ago

Thanks for posting mtdouble
From what I could tell in podcast maybe a few enhancements on some playfield plastics ?
I guess blades will happen as well and of course the Super awesome integrated topper I like Franchetti style and confident Chris well put a nice twist on the art.
Kudos to CGC for going the extra mile

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

A couple of things:

- PPS is the licensee for these games, they are made under our license in collaboration with CGC, we work with CGC thru the life of the game and we are the initial approver for the game.
- PPS/Rick did NOT keep CGC from showing the games ... at all.
- The 'old' company (Scientific Games > WMS) is very involved in digital pinball, home virtual pinball, we are the only licensee for physical pinball and they very much are aware of what we are doing and have confidence such that they don't need to be very much involved. They are also the final approver of the games (Haggis games, CGC games, etc), so "wants nothing to do with pinball" is misleading. In fact they were very constructive and supportive for doing BKSOR with Stern, which was fairly recent.
Planetary Pinball

Someone should sticky this so we don't have to debunk the "Scientific Games / WMS has nothing to do with it anymore" posts ever few months.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Negative - Even when you go back to the PR from when PPS bought up the last deal from Wayne the PR clearly states they are a licensee and that WMS Gaming still retains the rights and control of the IP.

PPS doesn't own the stuff - they are just a licensee of WMS/Scientific Gaming.

ETA: see PPS and others have already chimed in.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Someone should sticky this so we don't have to debunk the "Scientific Games / WMS has nothing to do with it anymore" posts ever few months.

I’m not sure how to do that?

#379 2 years ago

Stern is supposedly showing Godzilla next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Any chance that moves up some additional teases or info on CCr?

#380 2 years ago

No

#381 2 years ago

Yeah, you're probably right.

I'm not a fan of Kaneda, but he's 100% right when it comes to marketing and promotion in the NIB pinball world. In some instances, these two titles are directly competing with their releases being so close together. Seems logical to generate (or maintain) some hype.

I'm on the fence between the two. I can't be the only one.

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yeah, you're probably right.
I'm not a fan of Kaneda, but he's 100% right when it comes to marketing and promotion in the NIB pinball world. In some instances, these two titles are directly competing with their releases being so close together. Seems logical to generate (or maintain) some hype.
I'm on the fence between the two. I can't be the only one.

No comparison, tinny stern or solid CGC, I know what way I’m going

#383 2 years ago

Kid does a decent mini review of the original game.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

No comparison, tinny stern or solid CGC, I know what way I’m going

Not trying to start a flame war. I've had good luck with Stern titles. I trust CGC would produce quality, too. I want one.

The reality is that CGC competes with Stern. There's only so much market out there regarding space and cash. Smart business would take that seriously. I'm not sure why CGC would just write that off?

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Not trying to start a flame war. I've had good luck with Stern titles. I trust CGC would produce quality, too. I want one.
The reality is that CGC competes with Stern. There's only so much market out there regarding space and cash. Smart business would take that seriously. I'm not sure why CGC would just write that off?

After the trash pile that was Ghostbusters, I will never ever ever, never ever never ever own a Stern pin.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

After the trash pile that was Ghostbusters, I will never ever ever, never ever never ever own a Stern pin.

You’re missing out. I love Cgc stuff. Jurassic Park is amazing tho

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

You’re missing out. I love Cgc stuff. Jurassic Park is amazing tho

I never said I wouldn't ever PLAY a Stern pin, I just would never *own* one personally! I happily took the job of maintaining the pins we had in our rec room a few jobs ago. We had an MMr, an original Monster Bash and Ghostbusters. MMr and MB were rock solid; the only thing I had to do with MMr was replace a broken gate (the game was played...a LOT). Ghostbusters was one dumpster fire after another; laggy flippers (was never resolved), the ball launch was torn up, Slimer stopped working and the airballs were a sight to behold.

#388 2 years ago

I never played cc. Do you think cc is more fun than attack from Mars? I’ll be getting rid of woz and thinking about getting one or the other

#389 2 years ago

It’s been 20 days i wonder when we will see something! I’m excited to see what they came up with!

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I never played cc. Do you think cc is more fun than attack from Mars? I’ll be getting rid of woz and thinking about getting one or the other

No.

The original CC is definitely not more fun than AFM. CC is fun, but not in the same league as AFM. CC’s primary claim to fame is rarity, not game play.

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No.
The original CC is definitely not more fun than AFM. CC is fun, but not in the same league as AFM. CC’s primary claim to fame is rarity, not game play.

Most probably disagree, but I think AFM is more challenging, intense and better than MM

If you have a Woz I wouldn’t be selling it for any title

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Attack from Mars has great rules and is all around fun. I would pick it over CC and MM.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I like them in this order
MM
AFM
MB
CC

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

It’s been 20 days i wonder when we will see something! I’m excited to see what they came up with!

According to Ryan's seminar, 4 to 6 weeks. So 8 or 22 more days.

I'm in the hope for soon camp.

#395 2 years ago

Fired up!!

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

I have a Ghostbusters and it’s perfect. Never had a problem, playfield is perfect.

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Smart move. WOZ is pretty, but kinda boring and problematic unless you’ve gone 2.0. I bailed on mine and don’t regret it at all.

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Same here. No problems on past purchases.

Me too. My last purchase was from PPS. Sara was awesome to deal with.

#399 2 years ago

I have attack from mars le and had Woz and sold it. Just didn’t care for it.

#400 2 years ago

I am getting this… it’s so different from my Sterns. Any idea when these will start shipping?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/8?hl=dewman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.