(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

3 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,205 posts
  • 499 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by sizzler747
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 39 votes
    7%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 67 votes
    13%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 256 votes
    48%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 172 votes
    32%

(534 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BDD609B8-A607-4CCD-A149-DEFA35DF8E07.gif
6184D778-7B9E-4CC7-9FB7-EB1A7D7DC6EA.gif
download_20211121_111055__01__01.jpg
A2F1147A-FFE5-4415-B7C1-56BC098C858D (resized).jpeg
19152446-406D-40BD-898E-DC6F51EB18A3 (resized).jpeg
322C535E-C66F-45C0-8D9B-A8CF323C61AB (resized).jpeg
BF6DC6E1-67E7-4703-8D9B-B547D320F640 (resized).jpeg
20211117_154626overview (resized).jpg
20211117_154626edit1 (resized).jpg
20211117_154408nomods (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211115-054010_Chrome (resized).jpg
No Good Gofers alternate (resized).jpg
No Good Gofers alternate translite (resized).jpg
5BFA84D0-120D-4425-8269-929E579DCAAD (resized).jpeg
06BC2B78-B81D-4D3A-BDB6-4739085F3C88 (resized).jpeg
5A264046-B5F9-444E-AE94-0515FA877570 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 85.
#4101 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Either way, I want it.
Those mirrored backglasses are incredible looking.
Way better than a translite.
Im just pleased that Rick offered them, regardless of the can o' worms opened up.

I want one too. But I would guess we’re in the minority. Most buyers aren’t going to want one or even know that it exists. And fewer may get one if they have to jump through hoops to buy one.

#4102 6 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m still trying to figure out why all of this is so complicated and opaque.

Often in life things are as opaque as a grey sky...

For instance, ask a woman, girlfriend, wife if they are ok.

They will say they are fine.

Clear as day....

#4103 5 days ago

Has anyone seen this backglass? Just wondering if the difference is dramatic or subtle.

#4104 5 days ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Has anyone seen this backglass? Just wondering if the difference is dramatic or subtle.

There has not been a single CPR mirrored backglass that I wasnt impressed with.

Deep rich colors, amazing mirrored detail etc.

I have 5 of them, they are all amazing.

Buying it sight unseen is a no-brainer.

#4105 5 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m still trying to figure out why all of this is so complicated and opaque.

It isn't complicated or opaque. Imagine you are a CGC distributor. Do you want to give your customer list to PPS? Certainly not. And since we want to sell backglasses only to CCR owners, we will do this via the distributors. And yes, we will limit the number to the number of games. So distributors will only be able to buy from PPS a number of backglasses equal to the number of games they are ordering from CGC (which we *can* verify without knowing customer names).

Simple, right? Every customer can buy a backglass from the distributor from whom they bought a game. Think of it as an (optional) perk for buying a CGC game.

#4106 5 days ago
Quoted from pinagogo:

It isn't complicated or opaque. Imagine you are a CGC distributor. Do you want to give your customer list to PPS? Certainly not. And since we want to sell backglasses only to CCR owners, we will do this via the distributors. And yes, we will limit the number to the number of games. So distributors will only be able to buy from PPS a number of backglasses equal to the number of games they are ordering from CGC (which we *can* verify without knowing customer names).
Simple, right? Every customer can buy a backglass from the distributor from whom they bought a game. Think of it as an (optional) perk for buying a CGC game.

What if our distributor chooses not to buy any backglasses but we still want one?

#4107 5 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

What if our distributor chooses not to buy any backglasses but we still want one?

I'm definitely going to want one, and my distributor has been near impossible to reach lately. Not complaining, I'm sure they're crazy swamped with anxious customers. However, lately with pinball, all distributors are almost always busy. So, yeah, I too would eventually like to know if I can get a backglass elsewhere if needed.

#4108 5 days ago

I played a couple of CCr's at Freeplay Florida over the weekend.
I have owned all previous remakes and CCr plays the truest to the original B/W IMO.
Flippers feel great, which was a concern for me before playing.

#4109 5 days ago
Quoted from pinagogo:

It isn't complicated or opaque

I appreciate the response but respectfully disagree. The entire process has been opaque. In terms of the backglass, it’s not opaque to you because you are an insider. However, it’s opaque to me. No one has communicated anything to me about the backglass. I have an LE order with Flip N Out and I don’t believe Zach has any information on the backglass. I’m not concerned about it but to say this hasn’t been opaque is, in my opinion, quite a stretch.

#4110 5 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I have owned all previous remakes and CCr plays the truest to the original B/W IMO.

Is it completely new hardware in CCr?

#4111 5 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is it completely hardware in CCr?

Don’t know.
I wasn’t under the hood at any point

#4112 5 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Nice!
I would think the flippers would feel the same as I assumed the same parts were used?
Maybe not?

#4113 5 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nice!
I would think the flippers would feel the same as I assumed the same parts were used?
Maybe not?

Jesus Joseph and Mary not CGC "flippergate" again... CrazyLevi

#4114 5 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Don’t know.
I wasn’t under the hood at any point

Was more a general question to anyone - I thought I heard early on someone mentioned a completely new board set, but haven’t heard it confirmed anywhere.

#4115 5 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was more a general question to anyone - I thought I heard early on someone mentioned a completely new board set, but haven’t heard it confirmed anywhere.

My understanding is same head boards (cpu board, driver board, topper board) as AFMr, MBr and MMR Royal, similiar pcb boards under the playfield. Improved software (no more CGC menu. It is now all integrated together with the game code).

maybe LTG could confirm?

#4116 5 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

My understanding is same head boards (cpu board, driver board, topper board) as AFMr, MBr and MMR Royal, similiar pcb boards under the playfield. Improved software (no more CGC menu. It is now all integrated together with the game code).

maybe LTG could confirm?

That is my understanding.

LTG : )

#4117 5 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is my understanding.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd, appreciate it.

#4118 4 days ago

So, given that Elvira HOH is now pushed until at least Dec 2022, what are the odds I can get in on a CCr Special Edition Plus?

#4119 4 days ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

what are the odds I can get in on a CCr Special Edition Plus?

Why don’t you call a distributor and ask?

#4120 4 days ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

So, given that Elvira HOH is now pushed until at least Dec 2022, what are the odds I can get in on a CCr Special Edition Plus?

what! Are they sold out?

#4121 4 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Are they sold out?

No.

#4122 4 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Are they sold out?

6184D778-7B9E-4CC7-9FB7-EB1A7D7DC6EA.gif
#4123 4 days ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

You will have no problem getting one

#4124 4 days ago

I was thinking that exact same thing. lol

#4125 3 days ago

New Board Set for CCR

#4126 3 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I just played it at Little Shop of Games. I loved it. I ordered one. Classic Bally Williams feel. Great flow with easy combos. Easy theme to understand. The last of a great generation. Quick draw is my favorite. Code could use some depth beyond stamped multiball. Hopefully Lyman delivers.

It was sitting next too Godzilla premium and Mando. CCr felt and sounded better to me. More satisfing. Better quality.

#4127 3 days ago

Have then begun shipping yet?

#4128 3 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Have then begun shipping yet?

Not sure.

#4129 3 days ago
Quoted from Av8:

I just played it at Little Shop of Games. I loved it. I ordered one. Classic Bally Williams feel. Great flow with easy combos. Easy theme to understand. The last of a great generation. Quick draw is my favorite. Code could use some depth beyond stamped multiball. Hopefully Lyman delivers.
It was sitting next too Godzilla premium and Mando. CCr felt and sounded better to me. More satisfing. Better quality.

Nice!

#4130 3 days ago
Quoted from Av8:

Hopefully Lyman delivers.

But at what cost?

#4131 3 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

But at what cost?

Three pineapples

#4132 3 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

But at what cost?

My husband and I were just playing with the numbers. My guess is $600 to $900.

#4133 3 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My husband and I were just playing with the numbers. My guess is $600 to $900.

How did you arrive at that range?

#4134 3 days ago

“Playing with numbers” that’s what we all do with our wives after we ask them if we can buy another machine.

blockquote cite="#6623625">How did you arrive at that range?

#4135 3 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My guess is $600 to $900

I am guessing $250-$300

#4136 3 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I am guessing $250-$300

I think this is a good range. From what I’ve heard and, take it for what it’s worth, it doesn’t sound like the Lyman code is going to be a complete rework. In other words, I don’t think it is as big a project or overhaul as some of us thought it would be.

#4137 3 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

it doesn’t sound like the Lyman code is going to be a complete rework.

It really doesn't need to be. Just adding to what the base code is totally works for me.

#4138 3 days ago

If they were smart they would price it so that most people pay the upgrade cost ($200-$300)...

I am guessing $250-$300

Totally agree...if they start getting in the $600-$900 range they won't sell very many

#4139 3 days ago

Weren't there people saying that it was not only lymans code upgrade but possibly also additional physical stuff like new mech (redesigned saloon doors?) or similar? If that's the case I could se it being a rather expensive upgrade.

#4140 3 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Weren't there people saying that it was not only lymans code upgrade but possibly also additional physical stuff like new mech (redesigned saloon doors?) or similar? If that's the case I could se it being a rather expensive upgrade.

CGC has posted in this thread about Lyman and Josh working on it but that they hadn't determined the scope yet. That there *COULD* be physical aspects in addition to software. Folks here just started assuming it was the saloon doors. As has been also mentioned, the prototype saloon doors required the playfield to be routed differently so it's not likely to happen. It could be as basic as a new translite to accompany the new code.

Nobody really knows except maybe some folks at CGC. Anything else is pure speculation.

#4141 3 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

They must do it before launching the game... Not After!
At least urpgraded code must be free for LE owners !

#4142 3 days ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

They must do it before launching the game... Not After!
At least urpgraded code must be free for LE owners !

Why? Sounds like the game should be out in collectors homes for a bit and then…bam! New code announced. Be like a whole new game. Again.

Nothing is free. Gotta pay for Lyman and Josh coding time. Not needed to own a full version anyway.

#4143 3 days ago

It really doesn't need to be. Just adding to what the base code is totally works for me.

Wasn’t complaining, was just saying…

#4144 3 days ago

Wow, as always plenty of speculation here.
That's great, keeps the passion alive and fire burning, in a good way.

I have not had the opportunity to listen to Josh on Loser kid as yet.
Here's my 2 bobs worth.

New board set and OS, im excited.
Complete code, im more excited
Wonderful CGC enhancements, such as art, sculpts, xl display and lighting, super excited.
Well built and reliable product with best possible QC , yes please.

I think the only additional hardware will be the topper and im ok with that.

Most important is the game is delivered to everyone with complete code.

The added extra modes if creative, and I have no doubt that they will be, will take CCr to the next level ensuring that this game will be a keeper for many.

With regards to the option of purchasing a new code for this game, I am unable to wrap my head around how it could be better than a complete original with extra modes included ?

Unless it is the extra modes that have to be paid for, that would kind of suck.

Its a great concept to have dual or even multiple codes for the same title and truly wish Josh and Lyman well in making something special.

#4145 3 days ago

I thought the description of the game said it included new code. What is new in the base code that's included with the game?

#4146 3 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I thought the description of the game said it included new code. What is new in the base code that's included with the game?

CGC hasn’t laid this out clearly, but here is my current understanding:

There will be 3 different rule sets:

Original code: Included with all models - original rules from original release

Enhanced code: Included with all models - “finished” code as was originally intended (Bionic Bart, additional modes for completing 3x of each shot, etc.)

Lyman code: Additional cost - not much is known at this time. It will include new software, and could include new hardware, unknown when it will be available.

#4147 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Enhanced code: Included with all models - “finished” code as was originally intended (Bionic Bart, additional modes for completing 3x of each shot, etc.)
Lyman code: Additional cost - not much is known at this time. It will include new software, and could include new hardware, unknown when it will be available.

What if everyone boycotts the new code that you have to pay for? Then they just wasted all of their time and money on it which should be included in the msrp anyways. I guess that would be better than starting a new trend for JJP and stern. Personally, this is my last new in box, so I don't care what happens. Feel bad for the suckers getting ready for this new" pay more for code" trend that's about to happen.

#4148 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Just the finished code and the lyman version at a latter date

#4149 3 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just the finished code and the lyman version at a latter date

Feature matrix on their site says original code is there as well.

#4150 3 days ago

I listened to Josh as a guest on LoserKid.
He said that there were MANY call outs on the original rom that were not used in the game (do to time restrictions at the end of production) that they plan to include in their new code.

He also mentioned that they are adding new rules that they believe the original design team would have done if they had time.

It sounded great to me.

There are 4,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside