(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 133.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

If you are not bothered by this

If you go back in this thread a couple of weeks, you'll see that there were many "bothered by this" and they beat the living hell out of it, until there's hardly any rotting remains left of that dead horse. So, there are numerous pages of outrage already in this thread, if you want to go back and dive in. At this point though, many of us are just exhausted of it.

#4052 2 years ago

And yet he can still express his opinion just like everyone else . The trend of censoring things you don’t like or disagree with long played out . Don’t read or spend time on the comments / users you don’t like - meanwhile - discussions will lead wherever people take them . God bless America !

#4053 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

And yet he can still express his opinion just like everyone else . The trend of censoring things you don’t like or disagree with long played out . Don’t read or spend time on the comments / users you don’t like - meanwhile - discussions will lead wherever people take them . God bless America !

There’s literally thousands of uncensored posts in this thread. The point is everyone wants to move on.

#4054 2 years ago

No censorship. Just tired of it. Plenty of it. I honestly think he missed it all and then thought he was expressing a new idea. So I think people were just pointing it out.

#4055 2 years ago

Shoot. 17 posts. Thought we had some news.

#4056 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Shoot. 17 posts. Thought we had some news.

The news is about funhouse 2.0 today!

#4057 2 years ago

A little decor to sit beside the game!

BF6DC6E1-67E7-4703-8D9B-B547D320F640 (resized).jpegBF6DC6E1-67E7-4703-8D9B-B547D320F640 (resized).jpeg
#4058 2 years ago

God bless America !

He is Canadian ... doesn't count !

#4059 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The news is about funhouse 2.0 today!

Nice!! didn't hear about this. Thanks! Any price? found this.
https://www.free-play.se/en/pinball-machines/funhouse-rudys-nightmare-kit.html

#4060 2 years ago

Check out Fuhnhouse 2.0 thread here on Pinside. $1999.00

LTG : )

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check out Fuhnhouse 2.0 thread here on Pinside

I cant seem to find this....

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Whoa... Hold up here!
Haven't looked at this thread in a couple of weeks, and come back to find out that it's toppers for all, backglass for more $$$, and a loyalty program to get me in line for LEs that are really all that special anymore?
What's going on!?!?!

Don’t forget; with the LE you get a free Pineapple

#4065 2 years ago

All Payed Preisträger shipped today

19152446-406D-40BD-898E-DC6F51EB18A3 (resized).jpeg19152446-406D-40BD-898E-DC6F51EB18A3 (resized).jpeg322C535E-C66F-45C0-8D9B-A8CF323C61AB (resized).jpeg322C535E-C66F-45C0-8D9B-A8CF323C61AB (resized).jpeg
#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

This is a yawn title.
Never liked playing it….

You’re in a thread about a machine you don’t care for that has 82 pages of comments and sometimes 100s of new posts a day because …?
You have a lot more spare time than me!

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

All Payed Preisträger shipped today
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!

#4068 2 years ago

This should be enjoyable to listen to. Perhaps even informative to some degree.I’ll have to find some time for my earphones later

A2F1147A-FFE5-4415-B7C1-56BC098C858D (resized).jpegA2F1147A-FFE5-4415-B7C1-56BC098C858D (resized).jpeg
#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

This should be enjoyable to listen to

I'm about halfway through and its great.

#4070 2 years ago

Josh and Lyman just get it.
Really cool they solicited feedback from original team as well as CCC creator.
Great to hear additional original callouts and bits are available to incorporate into the update.
This podcast only added to the excitement - nice job!

#4071 2 years ago

Have any shipped yet?

#4072 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Have any shipped yet?

Probably not until December....

#4073 2 years ago

I found the perfect accessory for those with sensitive sigmoids...

It may be bigger but it is certainly softer.

In all seriousness, so happy we have lots to look forward to in pinball for 2022! Can't wait to find CCr in the wild while we wait for the LE.

download_20211121_111055__01__01.jpgdownload_20211121_111055__01__01.jpg
#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I found the perfect accessory for those with sensitive sigmoids...
It may be bigger but it is certainly softer.
In all seriousness, so happy we have lots to look forward to in pinball for 2022! Can't wait to find CCr in the wild while we wait for the LE.
[quoted image]

Saw a commercial on TV and this thread pooped right into my head.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/On03/colace-poop-should-never-feel-painful-pineapple

#4075 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon Remake at Free Play Florida - My first wizard mode ever.
They had 4 Cactus Canyon's at Free Play Florida this weekend. The game looks so good in person and it's really fun to play.
As an average player at best, this game was really easy to get into the flow and I thought that the shots were all make-able.
This morning - I reached the wizard mode - High noon and scored 71M in that mode alone with a total score of 239M. I will probably
still stink at home when I play my X-men, Led Zeppelin, and JP2 - but I will always have this one memorable game. . I definitely took a screen
shot of Pinside listing that shows I have #1 score (it won't last long, but the screenshot will .

#4076 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Cactus Canyon Remake at Free Play Florida - My first wizard mode ever.
They had 4 Cactus Canyon's at Free Play Florida this weekend. The game looks so good in person and it's really fun to play.
As an average player at best, this game was really easy to get into the flow and I thought that the shots were all make-able.
This morning - I reached the wizard mode - High noon and scored 71M in that mode alone with a total score of 239M. I will probably
still stink at home when I play my X-men, Led Zeppelin, and JP2 - but I will always have this one memorable game. . I definitely took a screen
shot of Pinside listing that shows I have #1 score (it won't last long, but the screenshot will .

How many games did you get to play?

#4077 2 years ago

Was there every any more info shared on how to get the BackGlass?

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Was there every any more info shared on how to get the BackGlass?

Email [email protected] and tell her you want it on your game.

#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

How many games did you get to play?

They set it up Friday night. I probably played 10 times on Friday and Saturday and then on Sunday morning when it first opened I played like 10 straight games.

The attendees were great all weekend. Everyone was very well behaved and most of the time the longest wait was one person for the in demand pins like Godzilla and cactus canyon.

#4080 2 years ago

Email [email protected] and tell her you want it on your game.

What if we didn't get it from PPS ?

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

They will be able to verify with CGC that you have a game

#4082 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

PPS will sell backglasses to PPS customers only. If you bought your game from another distributor, they have the option to stock the backglasses, but this is up to them, so you will need to contact them.

#4083 2 years ago
Quoted from pinagogo:

PPS will sell backglasses to PPS customers only. If you bought your game from another distributor, they have the option to stock the backglasses, but this is up to them, so you will need to contact them.

This is not altogether true.

PPS has made arrangements with CGC that anyone who wants a backglass can get one included with their game for an additional cost.

I would definitely call PPS or at least email Sara, to get specifics in your area.

If you want one for another purpose other than including it with your game, again contact PPS.

#4084 2 years ago

PPS has made arrangements with CGC that anyone who wants a backglass can get one included with their game for an additional cost.
I would definitely call PPS or at least email Sara, to get specifics in your area.
If you want one for another purpose other than including it with your game, again contact PPS.

Sorry, but this is not the case. PPS will sell backglasses to CCR distributors for sale to their customers; not to CGC. Everyone who buys a CCR will be able to get backglasses from their distributor, assuming their distributor chooses to stock the backglasses. However, PPS will sell individual backglasses to our customers only. If you are not a PPS customer, please don't call Sara - she is already inundated with requests and is doing the best she can.

How do I know? Because I'm Rick's partner in PPS.

#4085 2 years ago

Got an email back from Sara I sent while asking about how to order when not a direct buy

She said to check back 2 months or so for more details

There will be Mirror Glassed available for all per Rick

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from pinagogo:

Sorry, but this is not the case. PPS will sell backglasses to CCR distributors for sale to their customers; not to CGC. Everyone who buys a CCR will be able to get backglasses from their distributor, assuming their distributor chooses to stock the backglasses. However, PPS will sell individual backglasses to our customers only. If you are not a PPS customer, please don't call Sara - she is already inundated with requests and is doing the best she can.
How do I know? Because I'm Rick's partner in PPS.

Thanks for the clarification! The whole issue still has some ambiguity.

I guess we will all know more as the backglass inventory ramps up.

Still it would be good if CGC were to install the mirrored backglass so we dont end up with 2 backglasses or a translite that we dont want.

Personally, I only want the mirror. I have no need for a spare translite to store or just throw away.

My ARFrLE came with a mirrored backglass, I really like it and dont have to store a non-mirrored one.

From that experience, I imagine its not impossible to have CGC install the glass on the line, just more work to inventory and set up.

Im absolutely willing to pay CGC more to have them install it, or include these fees in the price of the upgrade.

#4087 2 years ago

Having CGC install special order backglasses would be a production line nightmare. Far easier to do it after the fact.

And I don’t see that CCr has a backglass - it should have a translite.

Nice to have the clarification from pinagogo but that begs the question - why doesn’t PPS sell the backglasses directly to anyone that wants them? Seems like they have a lot of extra work to do to limit one per verified CCr owner. How many people really want to buy more than one anyway? And I’m guessing the number of non CC/CCr owners that want to buy one is going to be pretty small.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nice to have the clarification from pinagogo but that begs the question - why doesn’t PPS sell the backglasses directly to anyone that wants them? Seems like they have a lot of extra work to do to limit one per verified CCr owner. How many people really want to buy more than one anyway? And I’m guessing the number of non CC/CCr owners that want to buy one is going to be pretty small.

They want to avoid the douchebags oops I mean the scalpers by selling directly to the verified owners.

The number of non-owners buying the backglass would be pretty high just like with stern toppers and other accessories or even the LEs themselves. All about flipping for a quick buck.

I for one applaud PPS' attempt at controlling/limiting that bs.

#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Having CGC install special order backglasses would be a production line nightmare

It might be.

But I imagine its a matter of how many are wanted.

If every single LE buyer wants one, then I guess just put them in on the line as you would for anything else.

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They want to avoid the douchebags oops I mean the scalpers by selling directly to the verified owners.

I understand that. Limit one per customer then. I just don’t see there will that much demand for the backglasses to make it lucrative enough for scalpers. It seems it will just make it harder to have CCr owners to rely on their distributors to order enough from PPS.

There has to be more to the story. Why treat this part so differently than thousands of others?

#4091 2 years ago

I have no problem replacing the translite for a glass when I get my game.

But, I have a small concern of whether the edge trim will fit the glass and insert tub.

CPR glass is a bit thicker than the 1/8" clear translite glass and you have to get different trim to fit it (system 11 trim).

So, its one thing to just include it, or send it along separately, yet another to actually install it.

For me its not terrible as I have all of the trim sizes in my shop. But others may not have this luxury.

#4092 2 years ago

Does CGC Say something about a mirrored backglass option? If yes, it MUST be included in LE's...

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Does CGC Say something about a mirrored backglass option? If yes, it MUST be included in LE's...

Oddly it was not included on the list of features.

It was offered as an afterthought by PPS, I think, as a really nice addition to the game.

Problematic as it may be, Im confident that the details will be sorted out.

Rick and Doug are pretty smart businessmen.

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Does CGC Say something about a mirrored backglass option?

No. The mirrored backglass is an offering from PPS.

Oddly it was not included on the list of features.

That’s because it’s not a feature of the game from CGC.

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. The mirrored backglass is an offering from PPS.

That’s because it’s not a feature of the game from CGC.

Either way, I want it.

Those mirrored backglasses are incredible looking.

Way better than a translite.

Im just pleased that Rick offered them, regardless of the can o' worms opened up.

#4096 2 years ago

Either way, I want it.
Those mirrored backglasses are incredible looking.
Way better than a translite.
Im just pleased that Rick offered them, regardless of the can o' worms opened up.

And I want an official flyer for my game room wall! lol. (or at least a PDF I can print...)

Yes, I want it all...(not that I ever get it, who has the room?)

#4097 2 years ago

And I want an official flyer for my game room wall! lol. (or at least a PDF I can print...)
Yes, I want it all...(not that I ever get it, who has the room?)

If the backglass ships separately, you can take that old translight, frame it, even backlight it, and boom, wall art issue solved. Win win win!!

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If the backglass ships separately, you can take that old translight, frame it, even backlight it, and boom, wall art issue solved. Win win win!!

Wall space is at a premium these days, but I could see Pinballgoddess cutting it up for coasters or a cat box insert...

#4099 2 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out why all of this is so complicated and opaque.

#4100 2 years ago

Yes but Here in France it will be hard and expensive to get one of these mirrored....

For information i preorder an LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.