(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 133.
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Long story short. If someone manages to figure out how to get CCC to run on their new system, it would be pointless to try and stop them.

This is likely why they're adding additional hardware for Lyman's code. To prevent people from just pirating the new code.

CCC is an entirely different platform that ran CC in emulation. There was no CCC on CC hardware... it was the other way around. You don't have CCC without the proc platform. CCr is not that platform and nothing is going to run on it without running CGC's platform code.

They can prevent piracy the same way they did with the color upgrades... license keys either in software or hardware.

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

You never know my SE could ship within then next 2 weeks!? Maybe that is being optimistic!

Talking about optimism, I definitely may have checked the email a few more times than normal to see if I had anything from my distributor . . . on a Sunday . . . before the first batch is supposed to ship

#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

. . . before the first batch is supposed to ship

Which is when?

(Hopefully tomorrow?)

#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Which is when?
(Hopefully tomorrow?)

Who knows! Hence the optimism

#4005 2 years ago

Was it announced how many SE will be built before the 1250 LE machines are built followed by SE+ games

Will they break up the LE run or just build all 1250 at one time

When topper parts are in SE+ games roll out

Hoping to see pics soon and if saloon door add on could be a possible venture

Getting exciting !!

#4006 2 years ago

I think it was 500 SEs first (or maybe that’s what I figured by doing the math against estimated starting delivery for the LEs)

#4007 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hoping to see pics soon and if saloon door add on could be a possible venture

Doubtful. The original doors required the playfield to have two large cut outs for the mechs.

#4008 2 years ago

it is the middle of November, aren't the SE's suppose to ship soon?!

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I haven't heard anything like that.

I do hope soon.

LTG : )

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I thought in the announcement at Expo Ryan said the SE will start to ship middle to late November… I could have that wrong but I’m almost sure someone from CGC said that recently.

#4011 2 years ago

I thought in the announcement at Expo Ryan said the SE will start to ship middle to late November… I could have that wrong but I’m almost sure someone from CGC said that recently.

Some SE's, then LE's then SE+.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Some SE's, then LE's then SE+.

Right, just curious when the the shipping starts. We will find out soon I hope!

#4013 2 years ago

As long as they didn’t say “two weeks”.

#4014 2 years ago

Soooo two weeks! Nice!

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Soooo two weeks! Nice!

Maybe! If all goes well!

#4016 2 years ago

I think that was November 2022

#4017 2 years ago

Whatever CGC says + 4-8 weeks.....

#4018 2 years ago

My prediction is some SEs slowly coming out mid to end of December. Then by next March/April the LEs will arrive. I'm happy to wait, excited to get this pin!

#4019 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

My prediction is some SEs slowly coming out mid to end of December. Then by next March/April the LEs will arrive. I'm happy to wait, excited to get this pin!

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Sounds about right!
Will be worth the wait!

#4020 2 years ago

So, what's the next CGC Pin (#5) now CCr has been released??

#4021 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-cgc-remake-5/page/2

#4022 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Not a Bally Williams Game

#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:So, what's the next CGC Pin (#5) now CCr has been released??

Pulp Friction

#4024 2 years ago

#4025 2 years ago

I just put some 3D models in my shapeways shop:

Saloon doors and logo, this goes before the Bart head and hides the metal wireframe.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/7J7CTQCS3/cc-saloon-doors?optionId=237263206&li=shops

Small trainstation building to hide the metal box and gears.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/RWL3TEUEV/cc-trainstation?optionId=237262031&li=shops

You go from this:
20211117_154408nomods (resized).jpg20211117_154408nomods (resized).jpg

To this:
20211117_154626edit1 (resized).jpg20211117_154626edit1 (resized).jpg

Note that the models from Shapeways come in white plastic, you need to paint them yourself.
I don't intend to start painting and selling them myself, shipping from Europe is too expensive.
These are made for my Bally Cactus Canyon. They will probably fit the CGC remake too, the holes have some extra spacing.

20211117_154626overview (resized).jpg20211117_154626overview (resized).jpg
#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I just put some 3D models in my shapeways shop:
Saloon doors and logo, this goes before the Bart head and hides the metal wireframe.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/7J7CTQCS3/cc-saloon-doors?optionId=237263206&li=shops
Small trainstation building to hide the metal box and gears.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/RWL3TEUEV/cc-trainstation?optionId=237262031&li=shops
You go from this:
[quoted image]
To this:
[quoted image]
Note that the models from Shapeways come in white plastic, you need to paint them yourself.
I don't intend to start painting and selling them myself, shipping from Europe is too expensive.
These are made for my Bally Cactus Canyon. They will probably fit the CGC remake too, the holes have some extra spacing.[quoted image]

Those are really nice!

Can I print them myself?

#4027 2 years ago

If we can get something made we can test fit it in the game in Reno ...

#4028 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

If something like those were made in resin, Id buy in a heartbeat.

A lot of my 3d printed stuff broke after awhile. Im not sayng that they arent nice (and they are really cool!) but pinball is a rough sport.

Are new 3d printed items durable at all?

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:If something like those were made in resin, Id buy in a heartbeat.
A lot of my 3d printed stuff broke after awhile. Im not sayng that they arent nice (and they are really cool!) but pinball is a rough sport.

Depends on the material siraya blu is very strong. Petg is good to.

#4030 2 years ago

If something like those were made in resin, Id buy in a heartbeat.

Resins have gotten a lot better over time - used to be very, very brittle.

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I dont want cheap 3d printed mods any more that always break.

Any chance we can get Matt at BAC to come up with something cool?

#4032 2 years ago

The best solution is to do this in-house. Design your part, print in high resolution with something like Formlabs rigid 10k or high temp resin then start the injection molding... I bet for each sla/dlp/LCD mold printed you could get 10 parts out of it before it needed to be replaced ($2 for a mold versus hundreds to thousands for metal).

Casting would work (sand and silicone are cheap).

Could even do room temperature vulcanization RTV or more durable HTV rubber molds.

And who would ever leave out thermoforming?

So many options for CGC to start doing these things in house. Not much of an initial investment, learning curve is not steep if you have any artistic or technical inclination (hiring out 3D design work for this sort of thing is also really cheap).

#4033 2 years ago

If someone could post a quality stream of the game, I would appreciate it!

#4034 2 years ago

I agree with you.

Lior (Art of Pinball) mods have made me very spoiled.

#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If someone could post a quality stream of the game, I would appreciate it!

This is the best quality I’ve seen so far. Short (about 4 minutes).

#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is the best quality I’ve seen so far. Short (about 4 minutes).

Thanks. I had seen that one. I am hoping for a longer video/steam which shows all the new modes/dots.

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Thanks. I had seen that one. I am hoping for a longer video/steam which shows all the new modes/dots.

Pretty sure you'll have to wait for someone who streams to get theirs. With only 2-3 prototype machines out in the wild in commercial locations I can't imagine a streamer bringing all his gear and getting the OK to set up.

#4038 2 years ago

I can post the launch party of Cactus Canyon, but I was limited to shooting it with my phone. I had it on a tripod, but every time the machine vibrated it caused a wavy artifact in the video from the vibrations traveling through the wooden floor. I can post it on YouTube if you would like to see it. The recording conditions were not the best with the low lighting and loud music in the background but you can see gameplay and the DMD. Let me know if you want me to post the video.

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I can post the launch party of Cactus Canyon, but I was limited to shooting it with my phone. I had it on a tripod, but every time the machine vibrated it caused a wavy artifact in the video from the vibrations traveling through the wooden floor. I can post it on YouTube if you would like to see it. The recording conditions were not the best with the low lighting and loud music in the background but you can see gameplay and the DMD. Let me know if you want me to post the video.

sure sure! Any bit of video is fun to watch while waiting

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Yes please!

#4041 2 years ago

Whoa... Hold up here!

Haven't looked at this thread in a couple of weeks, and come back to find out that it's toppers for all, backglass for more $$$, and a loyalty program to get me in line for LEs that are really all that special anymore?

What's going on!?!?!

#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Whoa... Hold up here!
Haven't looked at this thread in a couple of weeks, and come back to find out that it's toppers for all, backglass for more $$$, and a loyalty program to get me in line for LEs that are really all that special anymore?
What's going on!?!?!

see what happens when you don't keep up !

#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Whoa... Hold up here!
What's going on!?!?!

New CGC business model....sell profitable accessories to every one .... no real LE's anymore

#4044 2 years ago

But I really just want the train tracks...

#4045 2 years ago

This is a yawn title.

Never liked playing it.

Happy other seem to like it though.

Pillball

#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

This is a yawn title.
Never liked playing it.
Pillball

Cool story bro.

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

This is a yawn title.
Never liked playing it.
Pillball

Good, one less competitor for the rest of us that really want it.

#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

see what happens when you don't keep up !

I need to 3D print an mount that I can stick to my head that will keep my phone in front of my face day and night so I don't miss any of these crucial updates!

Quoted from PtownPin:

New CGC business model....sell profitable accessories to every one .... no real LE's anymore

I don't blame them, but at the same token, I sort of bought into this one because the LE seemed "special". It's the same reason I bought the AFMr LE. And it's the game that has stuck around in my house the longest, and still love playing it!

Call me a sucker, but I justify the cost sometimes by thinking I'm getting something that might be a bit more rare and sought after. As a collector, that is part of the fun of the hobby.

If I was CGC, I would do the same. But as a consumer, this does not jive with me.

#4049 2 years ago

Uh oh, let's not get this going again....

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Uh oh, let's not get this going again....

I feel like if we just roll over and take it, it's just going to continue to encourage this behaviour from companies.

It's very clear in the initial marketing of this game the topper was exclusive to the limited edition. For the company to be able to go back on their word just because they saw a potential for profit, leaves me feeling very uneasy.

Just expressing my concerns.

If you are not bothered by this, or missed the opportunity to get a limited edition and can now get a proper, I completely understand how this would come as good news.

In the grand scheme of things, this really isn't worth harping over. If it bothers me enough, I will vote with my wallet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/81?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.