(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 133.
#3851 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yo cowboys and cowgirls…..managed to get in on our distro’s CCR LE allocation at the last minute. Deposit paid!!!!
Better oil up the pineapples and sign up to the class action lawsuit…..got to stop these toppers being handed out like confetti to every schmuck SE buyer. I HAD TO WORK HARD FOR THIS LE SLOT!!!

How bad do you feel now Cookie for whining like a little biatch! Lol

Bring on the pineapples baby!

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I HAD TO WORK HARD FOR THIS LE SLOT!!!

Pics of the pineapple or it didn’t happen.

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Got my LE with just a banana. Large one. You pineapple guys are committed to this title, that’s for sure.

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Got my LE with just a banana. Large one. You pineapple guys are committed to this title, that’s for sure.

A smooth banana gets you no credit Rick.

You take a pineapple, spikes in the wrong way, and you deserve whatever rewards you get.

Either way you are grabbing ankles but the “pineapple”? Well it’s just on a whole different level.

Cooked already showed himself picking up pineapple at the market. He probably had to slam one of those to get on the final cut list !

#3855 2 years ago

If someone at Chicago Gaming has a wicked sense of humor, CCr will come with a manufacturer’s coupon for a discount on Dole pineapple.

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

coupon for a discount on Dole pineapple.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If someone at Chicago Gaming has a wicked sense of humor, CCr will come with a manufacturer’s coupon for a discount on Dole pineapple.

Lyman better come with an Easter egg pineapple mode! Life’s too short

#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A smooth banana gets you no credit Rick.
You take a pineapple, spikes in the wrong way, and you deserve whatever rewards you get.
Either way you are grabbing ankles but the “pineapple”? Well it’s just on a whole different level.
Cooked already showed himself picking up pineapple at the market. He probably had to slam one of those to get on the final cut list !

Bought a few of those in preperation Ice - they were extra spikey ones - got me over the line.

I'm sending some over for you - im sure you owe a few pineapple's to your distro.

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Bought a few of those in preperation Ice - they were extra spikey ones - got me over the line.
I'm sending some over for you - im sure you owe a few pineapple's to your distro.

I’ve already got a few lodged up my arse from Deep Pineapple. That should have been the company name. At least we get a game here for our efforts.

Bobby Mueller is about to get the real pineapple delivery!

#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve already got a few lodged up my arse from Deep Pineapple

Lol - true mate, I think you’ve well and truly paid your pineapple debt.

#3861 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Actual footage of me preparing for my LE spot…..

F301EF88-BC7D-4C06-BA15-D8B4E50CCB52.gifF301EF88-BC7D-4C06-BA15-D8B4E50CCB52.gif

#3862 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Actual footage of me preparing for my LE spot…..
[quoted image]

Lol. Love it

#3863 2 years ago

Wonder what code Lyman has in store for us? Will it be a complete ground up re-do or just an enhancement on the original? Hoping for a complete re-do.

Will it be like a recent Stern Lyman depth or like Mb/AFM/mm BW Lyman depth?

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder what code Lyman has in store for us? Will it be a complete ground up re-do or just an enhancement on the original? Hoping for a complete re-do.

With eric saying they made a deal to use CCC, I bet he may use some or all of that. Or as inspiration.

#3865 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

With eric saying they made a deal to use CCC, I bet he may use some or all of that. Or as inspiration.

I'm just hoping they include drunk multiball in the new code!

#3866 2 years ago

This may be an unpopular sentiment, but I really hope the Lyman code isn't deep to the point of confusion. Part of the charm of the Bally Williams era games to me is the humor, artwork, and the fact that the games are simple enough that an average player can figure out the rules and modes given some time. The games were challenging enough to keep me coming back, but winning was achievable once in a while. Yes, I have a few very deep pins, and when friends ask " well, how do I do this or that?" I usually know the answer, but sometimes I just admit ignorance because the game is too damn deep. JP for example. Have I ever completed escape nublar? Hell no, never even gotten to it. Certainly never going to see the When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth mode. Why? It's too convoluted and difficult for an average player to do. Great game, but futile. So, for me, it would be great if the Lyman code had some enhancements, or polish on the original code, and definitely throw in some features from CCC. I'd definitely pay for that. Make it too complicated, and I'll skip it.

TOPPER!!

#3867 2 years ago

Well you can certainly keep the game as is and its about as deep as Monster Bash and easy to understand and you can complete it on a good game.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This may be an unpopular sentiment, but I really hope the Lyman code isn't deep to the point of confusion. Part of the charm of the Bally Williams era games to me is the humor, artwork, and the fact that the games are simple enough that an average player can figure out the rules and modes given some time. The games were challenging enough to keep me coming back, but winning was achievable once in a while. Yes, I have a few very deep pins, and when friends ask " well, how do I do this or that?" I usually know the answer, but sometimes I just admit ignorance because the game is too damn deep. JP for example. Have I ever completed escape nublar? Hell no, never even gotten to it. Certainly never going to see the When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth mode. Why? It's too convoluted and difficult for an average player to do. Great game, but futile. So, for me, it would be great if the Lyman code had some enhancements, or polish on the original code, and definitely throw in some features from CCC. I'd definitely pay for that. Make it too complicated, and I'll skip it.
TOPPER!!

#3868 2 years ago

So I am confused...The code is going to be a separate option to purchase? Why would this be the case instead of just including it? Also, has it been completed?

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I am confused...The code is going to be a separate option to purchase? Why would this be the case instead of just including it? Also, has it been completed?

The original AND completed come with the game. Lyman and Josh are working on NEW code (think 2.0).

Not completed. No indication on cost. No estimated date for availability.

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well you can certainly keep the game as is and its about as deep as Monster Bash and easy to understand and you can complete it on a good game.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I would, however, love some things from CCC thrown into the mix to spice it up. And from what I've heard, that sounds like a possibility.

#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I just hope they keep the spirit/humor of the original. A serious tone western vibe (think Clint Eastwood) would feel totally out of place.

I need to watch some CCC video. Perhaps that will offer some clues as to how the new code may look.

#3872 2 years ago

Is it just me or do others prefer the Stainless Trim vs the Gun Metal on the LE. I think it just fits the game better. Maybe it can be swapped out.

#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is it just me or do others prefer the Stainless Trim vs the Gun Metal on the LE. I think it just fits the game better. Maybe it can be swapped out.

I think you should keep an open mind until you see it in person. I’m willing to bet it looks pretty good in person.

#3874 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Maybe you'd like to rewrite/upgrade the game code for free but I think Lyman and CGC want [and deserve to be] paid for this - getting it included [I wouldn't complain] seems beyond the scope of a remake and certainly value added dependent on the cost.

I'm sure any of our home brew folks can attest to the difficulty in creating game code (especially the tedium of finding and squashing bugs).

To the DLC comparisons... it is a fair point. I was completely opposed to this but if I pay up for season passes (new maps, modes and NOT cosmetics) I might as well be okay with it for pinball. With this title, it would be more of an issue if they released the incomplete og code then charged separately to complete the code and again to upgrade to Lyman.

Maybe they will charge an extra $500 for a DLC video mode like the catapult in MM but the only thing you can launch are pineapples.

#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Well, I prefer Stainless over any of the various power-coated stuff. It's why I'm not really interested in the LE versions.

#3876 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I agree that on the website it does look better. My guess is that the LE will look great in person. I am in on the LE and figure if I don't like it then I will go to pinball plating and get the hardware in chrome.

#3877 2 years ago

Lol, this game! PPS has been great in communication with me. I was late to the party (got on the LE wait-list October 5th) but felt pretty decent about sliding into a spot given my timing and cancellations and/ or non payment. Once the plus version came out, Sara asked if I wanted to order one. I politely declined, staying my interest to hold out for an LE to open up. Fast forward, I checked in yesterday and received the response today that they "... really encourage (me) you to order the SE plus if you want the chance at the LE as I have to give priority to all SE + customers first if an LE does open..." Gross. So if y'all were on the wait-list with PPS, we've apparently been pushed off of said list by anyone who orders the SE plus. Not personally a fan of that business model, so I'm likely out. Not really looking to get in bed with PPS now long term or anything either. Gross. Still looks like a fantastic remake and I'll keep an eye out for a gently used LE in the open market after release. Looking forward to playing one once they're out in the wild!

#3878 2 years ago

TOPPER!!

I disagree. The enhanced code shipping with the game completes the original intent of the code so it fits your criteria.

The Lyman code will be optional so I assume it will be selectable just like the original code is. This would give you three distinct code options to choose from.

I want to see how Lyman would envision a new Cactus Canyon without the limitations that existed 23 years ago. I want it deep and challenging even if that means I’ll never likely finish it. I would love to see cowboys vs aliens and drunk multi ball from CCC and the quick tributes to the other WPC games but mostly I want to see what Lyman has in mind for the Cactus Canyon platform.

#3879 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I think the Gun Metal looks awesome and prefer it significantly over the stainless trim. If I got a CCR with the stainless I would have it powder coated anyway since I only want the original Williams games to have stainless.

#3880 2 years ago

Has there been any info on the electronics in this one?

We know there is a new operating system, so I’m assuming that means new CPU hardware. I’m guessing that they moved away from the Beaglebone, but I haven’t seen anything definitive.

#3881 2 years ago

No stainless or powder coat.....CHROME

#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Has there been any info on the electronics in this one?

I believe it's the same as AFMR and MBR. What has changed is the software. You now can access the CGC menu in the regular Diagnostic menu. Hit the enter button and go to town. No more holding escape button for five seconds or more to get into a separate menu.

LTG : )

#3883 2 years ago

Would a new Lyman code mean more call outs/music/sounds? New call outs would sound same as the original voices? Noticeably different? How does this stuff work?

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Would a new Lyman code mean more call outs/music/sounds? New call outs would sound same as the original voices? Noticeably different? How does this stuff work?

May I suggest learning to use the search within a thread feature of Pinside. There are 2 very active threads about CCr right now.

Using this you would find out that it's likely to be a complete re-write BUT they haven't decided anything yet. They are still working on the plan. It may be software only or could be software AND hardware. Once again they haven't decided yet. Obviously they don't have a price or ETA either. One thing we DO know is they got the "rights" to the Cactus Canyon Continued code so they may use some ideas from it or they may not.

Given CGC's ability to keep things pretty secret we likely won't find out anything until it's ready for release.

#3886 2 years ago

Has anyone ever done a tarnished/weathered look for armor? Like a Disney crustiness like you would find in Frontierland metal? That would be pretty nifty on this one for my tastes.

#3887 2 years ago

Also, do we think that the topper gameplay mode will be a video mode if the game has no topper? Has this been discussed and I missed it? Lots going on in this thread lol.

#3888 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

May I suggest learning to use the search within a thread feature of Pinside. There are 2 very active threads about CCr right now.
Using this you would find out that it's likely to be a complete re-write BUT they haven't decided anything yet. They are still working on the plan. It may be software only or could be software AND hardware. Once again they haven't decided yet. Obviously they don't have a price or ETA either. One thing we DO know is they got the "rights" to the Cactus Canyon Continued code so they may use some ideas from it or they may not.
Given CGC's ability to keep things pretty secret we likely won't find out anything until it's ready for release.

Don’t need the search as I read every comment here. My question was regarding a different voice actor. Just wondering what it would sound like if there were new call outs to be added

#3889 2 years ago

Don’t need the search as I read every comment here. My question was regarding a different voice actor. Just wondering what it would sound like if there were new call outs to be added

Makes sense.. That's probably the discussion they are having about project scope.

#3890 2 years ago

My question was regarding a different voice actor. Just wondering what it would sound like if there were new call outs to be added

Depends on the voice actor(s), how good they are and whether s/he has to try and match an existing character.

Since it’s unlikely they know the dialog requirements for the new code at this point, let alone the talent, it’s kind of a ridiculous question at this point, isn’t it?

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Has anyone ever done a tarnished/weathered look for armor? Like a Disney crustiness like you would find in Frontierland metal? That would be pretty nifty on this one for my tastes.

https://patinapowdercoat.com/

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Also, do we think that the topper gameplay mode will be a video mode if the game has no topper? Has this been discussed and I missed it? Lots going on in this thread lol.

I believe so yes.

5A264046-B5F9-444E-AE94-0515FA877570 (resized).jpeg5A264046-B5F9-444E-AE94-0515FA877570 (resized).jpeg
#3893 2 years ago

Nice! I'd love to see that applied to a machine if anyone has ever done it.

Lol. That looks pretty telling, thanks! Kind of makes the need for the $1250 topper a little less if you can play the video mode. Good to know!

#3894 2 years ago

50 pages about a topper is ridiculous, I just asked a simple question. Excuse my ignorance

#3895 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Depends on the voice actor(s), how good they are and whether s/he has to try and match an existing character.
Since it’s unlikely they know the dialog requirements for the new code at this point, let alone the talent, it’s kind of a ridiculous question at this point, isn’t it?

50 pages about a topper is ridiculous, I just asked a simple question. Excuse my ignorance

#3896 2 years ago

I just asked a simple question.

Fair enough. How do you think it will sound?

#3897 2 years ago

Well if you have read every comment as you claim then you'd realize your question is probably 6-12 months premature since even CGC doesn't know how far they will take this yet.

It's not a simple question. It's a question that nobody can answer at this point, not even Doug_Duba !!!

#3898 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I believe so yes.
[quoted image]

Wow, this is something I somehow overlooked. Awesome!! This information makes toppergate look especially ridiculous.

#3899 2 years ago

Wow, this is something I somehow overlooked. Awesome!! This information makes toppergate look especially ridiculous.

Not sure I’ve seen the related animations during SE gameplay. I have seen them on the LE. They could be used on both or they could be not used if the topper is present or disabled.

In any case toppergate is indeed ridiculous.

#3900 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fair enough. How do you think it will sound?

See, this was good to ask because your answers are what made me realize that I haven’t for one second given a thought to the fact that this will prob be a whole new soundtrack altogether. It hadn’t crossed my mind that unlike the code that comes built in including enhanced code, has nothing to do with the code expected in the future. I’m glad I asked

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (Firm)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.