(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 133.
#3701 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Only if those people stop buying any models of a game because of it and there’s absolutely no indication that is happening now or will happen anytime soon.

Well I was going to buy CCRLE but since I can't get it I'm just not buying the game, so there's one sale lost.

#3702 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Well I was going to buy CCRLE but since I can't get it I'm just not buying the game, so there's one sale lost.

Hasta Luego pardner...

#3703 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I tend not to believe in conspiracy theories.

Cool I bet they would sell more classic's than any other version at 5999.00. But your theory is neat too!

#3704 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Cool I bet they would sell more classic's than any other version at 5999.00. But your theory is neat too!

I like yours too! Who the hell could turn down a NIB at $6k.

#3705 2 years ago

That's how much they were just 20 months ago

#3706 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

That's how much they were just 20 months ago

Seems like 20 years ago doesn’t it…

#3707 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Me too.

There is already a numbered limited edition Cactus Canyon (the original Williams games). They only made like 903 of them and they even had a numbered plate. CGC should have just made a run of fully featured CCr's and and lesser model without the LE stuff. There are so many people who would have loved a $9250 CCr with a topper, shaker, inner art, powder coating, etc. They could have sold like 5000 of them.

#3708 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Seems like 20 years ago doesn’t it…

Not really

#3709 2 years ago

Many people want to see gameplay footage and we want to show that to you at our Cactus Canyon Launch party in Reno. Keep in mind this is a prototype, so it may not have the same aesthetic features as the Production LE, but it has the latest code. We will be having a Facebook Live Event so people can watch it.

We will then upload it to YouTube. Keep in mind that we did not have enough time for preparation with streaming equipment. It is going to be raw video recorded with my phone. But we will try to keep it steady as we video the gameplay. It may be difficult to show the topper in action at the same time as what is happening on the playfield, but we will try our best. Here is the link to the Reno Pinball League Facebook Group. We will be going live tonight, November 9, at 7-8 PM. We hope you can join us.

https://fb.me/e/4xqW6rMy5

#3710 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

But you can still get a CCRLE. It’s called CCRSE+ now

#3711 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

But you can still get a CCRLE. It’s called CCRSE+ now

Not falling for it. The wooden arch was one of the coolest features in my opinion. It's an entire package not just a topper.

#3712 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Not falling for it. The wooden arch was one of the coolest features in my opinion. It's an entire package not just a topper.

90FE1C34-FFB0-4045-B0EF-DADB6E4B9289.gif90FE1C34-FFB0-4045-B0EF-DADB6E4B9289.gif
#3713 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I applaud you for keeping to your convictions.

And if we see a thousand or two more like you and/or lackluster sales for the next manufacturer’s LE maybe the industry will consider changes to the model but a handful on one game is just rounding error.

#3714 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I applaud you for keeping to your convictions.
And if we see a thousand or two more like you and/or lackluster sales for the next manufacturer’s LE maybe the industry will consider changes to the model but a handful on one game is just rounding error.

Far more people will drop out due to life issues than anything else.

LE's will be available, little by little.

Patient buyers will get what they want, most probably.

#3715 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Everyone needs to understand that all buying parties are right in many ways to how they feel (le buyers, se buyers and seplus buyers) this whole situation falls on cgc's shoulders.

Maybe, but our opinions on Pinside didn't help them out very much with assessing LE demand prior to announcement. Stepping back from this dumpster fire and thinking back to what I've read here over the past year, I can see how they ended up low on the LE numbers. I've read for weeks and weeks in this thread and over a year in others, through hundreds of posts about how mediocre most people felt CC game play was. Many said it was only popular only because of scarcity. Many people were hoping for BBB or one of the JPoP games as remakes instead (me included, I want ToTANr). Then there were the people posting in various threads that unless the new CCR contained the "Continued" code, they were out. So, IMHO our reactions on Pinside greatly depressed the outlook for CCR interest consistently and over long period of time. At a minimum I would say that our interests were less clear than when we were previously awaiting MMR and AFMR. Then, Godzilla was amazing and released prior to CCR announcement, which sucked up numerous people's available pinball funds. Again, there were numerous posts in various Pinside threads about how CGC took too long to announce CCR, so some buyers said that they were sending their saved CGC pinball money to Stern instead.

I know companies have other analysis tools besides Pinside, but after reading about our interest for a CC remake over the past couple of years, I'm actually a little surprised we got CCR. I figured it was 50/50 that BBB, Whitewater, or one of the JPoP titles we've begged for ad nauseam would have been next. I know I certainly didn't expect such a firestorm of interest for CCR and I'm "lucky" that I casually stumbled onto the LE list. Again, the haves and have nots in this CCR LE Bloodsport were all a matter of timing and a little luck. No one that I know of had to win a tournament or sacrifice for their LE spot, including me, so I can't make myself outraged at toppers for SE buyers no matter how hard I've tried.

#3716 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

There is already a numbered limited edition Cactus Canyon (the original Williams games). They only made like 903 of them and they even had a numbered plate.

The numbered plate didn't ship with the game. They were sent to distributors later. Many distributors or ops threw them on a shelf to be forgotten. So hard to track down the right one for your game.

LTG : )

#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

There is already a numbered limited edition Cactus Canyon (the original Williams games). They only made like 903 of them and they even had a numbered plate.

They were numbered and they only made 903, but they were never "Limited". That is just how many they made... So this is the first CC LE.

#3718 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

They were numbered and they only made 903, but they were never "Limited". That is just how many they made... So this is the first CC LE.

C5D2B4F0-AF91-4B9E-8469-9E71529D0718 (resized).jpegC5D2B4F0-AF91-4B9E-8469-9E71529D0718 (resized).jpeg
#3719 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Every pinball machine is limited... Wasn't the standard edition of JJPPOTC the version with the lowest number of units produced? Fewer than the "Limited Edition" and "Collectors Edition." And yet... If you had to choose a JJPPOTC model to buy, no one would not choose the Standard Edition, even though it's the most limited version, because scarcity alone means nothing.

#3720 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Every pinball machine is limited... Wasn't the standard edition of JJPPOTC the version with the lowest number of units produced? Fewer than the "Limited Edition" and "Collectors Edition." And yet... If you had to choose a JJPPOTC model to buy, no one would not choose the Standard Edition, even though it's the most limited version, because scarcity alone means nothing.

Same with JJP GNR. CE & LE sold the most. SE probably sold less than 300

#3721 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Same with JJP GNR. CE & LE sold the most. SE probably sold less than 300

That's probably why CGC cut out the Classic Edition with CCr. The bare bones models do not sell well. People want features and they seem to recognize that... And yet not at the same time.

#3722 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Cool I bet they would sell more classic's than any other version at 5999.00.

Think of how many they would sell at $3999!!!!

#3723 2 years ago

Gosh a crap load would sell at $1.99

#3724 2 years ago

Is it possible that CGC considered a Classic Edition? Before they updated their web page to include the SE+ model, under the three Interactive RGB General Illumination pictures was in parentheses ( SE and LE models only ). It’s since then been edited out, but why would have they have put it there to begin with if they weren’t considering a base model? And what would a CE look like? It’s a remake, not a new title where they can remove some mech’s or ramps and call it a classic. All models have the same bones. So what’s left? Game enhancements/bling.

#3725 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Maybe, but our opinions on Pinside didn't help them out very much with assessing LE demand prior to announcement.

That's because most people that are now interested in CCr, only became interested after hearing about the new Lyman code and seeing the topper. Those two elements spiked interest and demand in the LE. Had they shown/told everyone about it before they accessed interest on Pinside then they probably would have had a better idea of the LE demand.

#3726 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Many people want to see gameplay footage and we want to show that to you at our Cactus Canyon Launch party in Reno. Keep in mind this is a prototype, so it may not have the same aesthetic features as the Production LE, but it has the latest code. We will be having a Facebook Live Event so people can watch it.
We will then upload it to YouTube. Keep in mind that we did not have enough time for preparation with streaming equipment. It is going to be raw video recorded with my phone. But we will try to keep it steady as we video the gameplay. It may be difficult to show the topper in action at the same time as what is happening on the playfield, but we will try our best. Here is the link to the Reno Pinball League Facebook Group. We will be going live tonight, November 9, at 7-8 PM. We hope you can join us.

Great stream! Thanks for doing this. Hopefully more to come!

#3727 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Let me dumb this down for you. Most pinball manufacturers are not multi billion dollar corporations.
Getting an influx of cash at the start of the production helps them stay afloat. Right now there is no easier way to get a bunch of quick deposits than to have a limited version that buyers have to get now or miss out.
LE deposits = 1250 x $1k = $1.25m of quick cash to buy the initial batch of parts for the assembly line.
It’s kind of like crowd funding.

I can't prove your wrong but I am fairly certain that is not how CGC works nor do they follow a crowd funding model. Many distributors in fact do not charge a deposit and if they do I do not think they run that off to CGC to buy parts. CGC is funded by the success thier company/team created from previous endeavors. From what I have seen deposits are the new norm for most all sellers (and OEMs) only recently to ensure they have Actual commitments to proceed to build plan and ordering components and avoid irrational buyers with no skin in the commitment game.

#3728 2 years ago

Thank you for doing this. You had an impossible task with bar lighting, acoustics and trying to get the playfield, display and topper in frame with one cell phone. Still a nice sneak peek. The new graphics must be incredible in person.

#3729 2 years ago
Quoted from binary01:

Is it possible that CGC considered a Classic Edition? Before they updated their web page to include the SE+ model, under the three Interactive RGB General Illumination pictures was in parentheses ( SE and LE models only ). It’s since then been edited out, but why would have they have put it there to begin with if they weren’t considering a base model? And what would a CE look like? It’s a remake, not a new title where they can remove some mech’s or ramps and call it a classic. All models have the same bones. So what’s left? Game enhancements/bling.

I think that’s probably more because the web page for an earlier game was used as a template. And a CE probably wouldn’t have had RGB lighting and the HD display. Most everything else would have been the same as the SE and probably no topper option. Total guess on my part but I don’t think a CE would be as popular for CCr as it was for the previous three.

#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its like having a concert/show canceled… your ‘exclusive’ opportunity didn’t come to be. Move on… not pound your fists about the future you were denied and what someone is going to give you for your loss…. Get bent

AGAIN with the "You can walk". Yeah, that wasn't my point, and I've made it very clear I get that, and I don't want "to walk". I am not 'banging my fists', either. I was explaining to someone who AGAIN repeated "you are getting the exact same thing", that we are NOT, because the rarity is diluted. SIMPLE. A FACT, yet in response all you can do is get personal with the 'get bent', I see. Apparently the mods are cool with that, but I got a "don't make it personal" warning for calling someone a hypocrite earlier? I will hold my tongue, because it is apparently too sharp for the mods. haha...

#3731 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I was explaining to someone who AGAIN repeated "you are getting the exact same thing", that we are NOT, because the rarity is diluted

The rarity of the game hasn’t changed. It still will be unique and limited run. There are still things exclusive for the LE - just not the topper.

Mods won’t make non LEs an LE.

So call if exactly what it is… angst over the topper

#3732 2 years ago

This is for Lloyd, I actually do have a question, but haven’t been able to find it in my research. My 10 year old daughter loves to play pinball. We have a Wonka abd she adores it and can kick my butt every time at it. Recently, I sold my TAF because she didn’t like it and wanted to get a game she would enjoy. We went to Silverball in Asbury and played a ton of games. After we were done I asked what her favorite was and she said “ the one with the drunk flippers”, that was Cactus Canyon Continued. So, I ordered a CC and was lucky enough to get an LE. But now I’m a bit confused because someone said the drunk mode isn’t part of the code. Does anyone know how the game ships? I saw the publicity materiel mention completed code and original code. Does the completed code not include all the awesome additions of CCC? I hope it does. Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

#3733 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

This is for Lloyd, I actually do have a question, but haven’t been able to find it in my research. My 10 year old daughter loves to play pinball. We have a Wonka abd she adores it and can kick my butt every time at it. Recently, I sold my TAF because she didn’t like it and wanted to get a game she would enjoy. We went to Silverball in Asbury and played a ton of games. After we were done I asked what her favorite was and she said “ the one with the drunk flippers”, that was Cactus Canyon Continued. So, I ordered a CC and was lucky enough to get an LE. But now I’m a bit confused because someone said the drunk mode isn’t part of the code. Does anyone know how the game ships? I saw the publicity materiel mention completed code and original code. Does the completed code not include all the awesome additions of CCC? I hope it does. Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

From my understanding CCC is a PROC mod someone did to add more life into the unfinished CC rules. It introduced a lot of cool features that weren't base to the game. Things like Aliens VS Cowboys, Drunk Multiball, Throwback skill shot, etc.

Those features are not apart of the original CC and aren't coming to CCR.

#3734 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

It does not. The game comes with the original code that was released with the game in 1998 as well and a ‘finished code’ which finishes the original code as it was rushed out of the factory. None of the CCC code will be included when the game ships. However, you may see some CCC code in the next code to be released by Lyman and Josh in the near future at additional cost.

#3735 2 years ago

Watched the FB stream

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for the community

#3736 2 years ago

Ok... I have a chihuahua in this dog fight.... I am a satisfied MBrLE owner but I am skipping CCr however I want to chime in here... if CGC sold the MB topper now I couldn't care less. If they sold a MBrLLE with more features later it wouldn't bother me. I bought my CGC LE because it was worth every penny of 8300 delivered. At today's prices people have the gall to bitch about "changing the deal" when I felt their price was shocking low to begin with. People get a great deal and feel they are losing out somehow? And how is the argument that modders can replicate everything else but not that topper? So go kick an SE+ buyer in the nuts and ask him if it hurt or ask a LE buyer if they want a Pineapple placed in a delicate spot to go with their great deal? I have no sympathy for either. You want a Cactus Canyon with topper or don't you? Put up and shut up is what I say. CGC gave you both an LE and sold the topper separate (but with an SE attached) for 1250 bucks over the SE base price. I felt I had ample warning and enough brains to get on a list with PPS if I wanted the LE. This ain't FOMO as much as it is FOLOE fear of the loss of exclusivity. Go CGC... my MB is rock solid.

#3737 2 years ago

Many people want to see gameplay footage We will be going live tonight

Thanks for the effort, great vid. I really like how Tatty Addams sets up his camera for pinball footage also

#3738 2 years ago

One option I have is to ‘walk away’.

Another is to come to this thread, state “The deal is technically different” and watch people completely lose their mud. That’s turning out to be a LOT of fun, on its own.

#3739 2 years ago

This thread is a shitshow, people still arguing about toppergate, pin value and pineapples. I'll come back when the game is released and actual gameplay is being discussed here.

I'll let the saloon doors hit me on the way out too.

#3740 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The numbered plate didn't ship with the game. They were sent to distributors later. Many distributors or ops threw them on a shelf to be forgotten. So hard to track down the right one for your game.
LTG : )

I’m curious about this as I bought an original NIB back in 99 from C.A. Robinson who was a big distributor in Los Angeles at that time(For $3599!! Imagine!). I was told there was 925 completed and keep reading people say 903 or 905 etc? My plate was also packed in the box and not given to me separately by the distro? Not disputing what you’re saying but just offering what I experienced myself

#3741 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

As has been stated earlier by Eric, CGC has access to the CCC code. What they do or do not include in the game is up to them. Bionic Bart was implemented in the CCC version but (from my understanding) never made the final cut for the original Cactus Canyon. If you want to look at it like that, yes some of the CCC code has made it in and hopefully more makes it it as the code continues to be polished.

#3742 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The rarity of the game hasn’t changed. It still will be unique and limited run. There are still things exclusive for the LE - just not the topper.
Mods won’t make non LEs an LE.
So call if exactly what it is… angst over the topper

There is no doubt that the rarity and market for LEs has changed, that’s the main reason why the SE buyers whined so much about not having access to the topper.

#3743 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

I’m curious about this as I bought an original NIB back in 99 from C.A. Robinson who was a big distributor in Los Angeles at that time(For $3599!! Imagine!). I was told there was 925 completed and keep reading people say 903 or 905 etc? My plate was also packed in the box and not given to me separately by the distro? Not disputing what you’re saying but just offering what I experienced myself

925 were planned and that’s why that number was on the plaques when those parts were ordered. 903 were actually produced because the line switched over early to RFM (presumably because distributors had enough unsold inventory). If you got one late it’s possible Robinson got their plaques and put them in the box. I would have to find my notes from 1999 to confirm but believe the original plan was that they were to be attached at the factory.

I still kick myself for not buying CC on close out for $1700 (maybe $1900, can’t remember). My dealer at the time said they didn’t have any plaques, but for that close out price I didn’t really care. And the reason I didn’t buy CC then was because I thought “who is going to want this game when I’m done with it? Everyone will want Pinball 2000 instead”. Silly me.

#3744 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Me too.
There is already a numbered limited edition Cactus Canyon (the original Williams games). They only made like 903 of them and they even had a numbered plate. CGC should have just made a run of fully featured CCr's and and lesser model without the LE stuff. There are so many people who would have loved a $9250 CCr with a topper, shaker, inner art, powder coating, etc. They could have sold like 5000 of them.

Actually all the original Bally Cactus Canyon games were called 'Special Collectors Edition'. Bally initially intended to make 925 of them but the run was cut short due to the new Pinball 2000 games.

ccbally (resized).jpgccbally (resized).jpg
#3745 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Actually all the original Bally Cactus Canyon games were called 'Special Collectors Edition'. Bally initially intended to make 925 of them but the run was cut short due to the new Pinball 2000 games. [quoted image]

Does anyone know if there was anything significant or "why" they chose 925 games?

#3746 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Great stream! Thanks for doing this. Hopefully more to come!

Thanks for your kind words. I was disappointed in that we couldn’t capture all the elements of the game at the same time. Once our other location at Press Start opens up we will have better streaming equipment to showcase the game. It was a last minute thing so people could see gameplay footage right away. Thanks for watching.

#3747 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Does anyone know if there was anything significant or "why" they chose 925 games?

My guess is that the # was inspired from a Dolly Parton song..

#3748 2 years ago

Thanks for your kind words. I was disappointed in that we couldn’t capture all the elements of the game at the same time. Once our other location at Press Start opens up we will have better streaming equipment to showcase the game. It was a last minute thing so people could see gameplay footage right away. Thanks for watching.

Any chance you uploaded this to YouTube?

#3749 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thank you for doing this. You had an impossible task with bar lighting, acoustics and trying to get the playfield, display and topper in frame with one cell phone. Still a nice sneak peek. The new graphics must be incredible in person.

You are correct. The conditions were not ideal, but at least you had a chance to see game footage the best we could capture. I had no idea that the video would have a wavy effect from the vibration of the subwoofer and shaker motor. I do apologize about that. In the near future we will have better streaming equipment on Renopinball.com and showcase the game in all its glory. Thanks for your understanding and kind words.

#3750 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Any chance you uploaded this to YouTube?

I will do that today with the disclaimer that the video is rough and sound may not be the best. But I will upload it for all to see. I will post the video once it gets uploaded successfully.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

6,999 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.