(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 133.
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

They have not in the past done reruns of LE models.

They released MMrRE limited to 200 in the past

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

To be honest, when you read what Doug writes, most decisions seem to be based on timing and what and where their resources need to focus on in that given time frame, rather than numbers, or type of models they have been just picking out to create business or fomo. They have new titles coming now so my guess would be this is pretty much it for Cactus as resources need to be transferred over to their next!

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Special thanks to those of you that have had our back through all of this. Your support helped me get through this.
On Pinside there have been several orders of magnitude more discussion over what we got wrong than what we got right. In contrast, the tone at Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend couldn’t have been more positive.
There has been far more concern over who can have the topper than appreciation of what I feel is our most innovative topper yet. Throughout it’s development, I felt it was borderline ridiculous to put so much effort into a topper.
At launch we stated we were considering selling the topper. It was discussed here early on.
For those of you discounting the value of the additional LE features (LE lower arch, LE medallion, mine cart, train tracks, art blades, shaker motor and longer warranty), we will learn how the free market values those features in the near future.
I’m proud of the work our team did on this project. Lyman is the final piece of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be.
Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball.
We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck. I know there are many disappointed customers that fall into this first camp but suspect those weren’t the loudest voices.
We have been remaking great Williams/Bally pinball machines to provide people access to games which had become unaffordable to many.
Manufacturers are testing the waters with games retailing for over $25k and the marketplace has responded by saying more please. In time, this trend will exclude the majority of buyers from the coolest features on future games.
We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed. The value of our LEs is derived from their additional features more than rarity.
The goal from the beginning has been to provide people access to the best pinball machines. This decision was in line with that goal.
Sales greatly exceeded expectations. Did we price the games too low? I believe we priced the games fairly in a market where many pinball machines have become overpriced.
Did we make mistakes? Absolutely, I can own them and learn from them. We will do better next time. I apologize for the drama this has created.
It’s time for me to return my focus to building games.

Thank you for everything Doug, as a collector from the 90's its your remakes that brought me back to a hobby I left because of the outrageous prices and difficulty in finding decent games. I now have an AFM SE and MB SE along with every intention of buying a CCR AND the 2023 MMR. Its the build quality and prices that will keep me coming back indefinitely so please continue doing what you're doing, its what we all needed in this hobby and is certainly acknowledged, appreciated and applauded, cheers!

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I get why some people are mad about all of the things that have gone down, but I think its refreshing to see a company offer super high quality products at a more affordable price.

This is the biggest issue I have had. CGC was not like other pinball manufactures. Churchill Cabinets and Chicago Gaming Company has been a fantastic company with excellent customer service for decades. It brings me zero pleasure to be upset with this company. I held them to a higher standard then the rest. When I see them take a play from other manufactures playbook its upsetting. We all know this pinball bubble is not sustainable and at some point it will burst. I thought they priced the LE with that in mind. When or if the bubble pops 9,250 plus tax and freight will be at the tip of the market if you want to sell 1,250-1,500 Limited editions. Right now it was priced very fair but the tides are turning with disposable and discretionary income.

Im a huge CGC fan and I have All of the remakes. I want them to do well and take market share away from other manufactures. Like some people say JJP has pushed other manufactures to put more in their games I was hoping CGC would push other manufactures to not go crazy with their pricing.

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

Definitely disappointed to see the topper for sale for the same price as the LE. I knew it was going to cost a bit, but to have it be the exact same price as the LE just sits wrong.

Agreed. The topper should be like $599 or so. The LE should NOT be the same price as a SE+. Any LE customer who is not happy on what they are already getting for $9250 should just ask for a refund on their deposit so their spot can be given to someone else.

#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

We all know this pinball bubble is not sustainable and at some point it will burst.

We do?

I'm not sure 20+ years of a steady increase in prices counts as a bubble.

CrazyLevi has an great summary of "price bubble" threads:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-price-bubble-think-it-cant-happen-think-again/page/6#post-6589491

#3557 2 years ago

Well then I look forward to retiring off the sales of my LE's. Although there is a difference to what is a natural increase in value and some games selling for stupid money. I do not think most late model stern LE's are worth 12,500 - 20,000. These fake prices that people are getting are pushing manufactures to price games at 25,000. This is the bubble I'm speaking about.

#3558 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Any LE customer who is not happy on what they are already getting for $9250 should just ask for a refund on their deposit so their spot can be given to someone else.

Yes and please PM mrclean he still wants to find a CCR LE at MSRP.

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Good point. Kind of an LLE, I guess.

#3560 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

"I only want it if you can't have it" is the basis of the LE business model. It's the worst thing about modern pinball... Holding back features for a select few just for bragging rights.

Amen.

"But my rEsAle VaLuE!!!1" "I nEeD to pRotEcT mY iNVesTmEnT!!"

Whatever...

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Amen.
"But my rEsAle VaLuE!!!1" "I nEeD to pRotEcT mY iNVesTmEnT!!"
Whatever...

My favorite is the Elvira signature edition that cost an extra $5000 for a piece of the sofa and a signature. Meanwhile, you could buy Elvira's also limited edition coffee table book with a signature and piece of the sofa about 6 times larger than the one on the game for a few hundred dollars. It takes a lot of FOMO for that to add up.

#3562 2 years ago

As ridiculous as the Elvira SLE/40th prices are, to me this is the right way to do it, as anyone can buy an EHOH premium at regular price and enjoy the entire game. I wouldn't care if the super-d00per LE buyers get a piece of her panties, just give me the full playfield feature set and code.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

As ridiculous as the Elvira SLE/40th prices are, to me this is the right way to do it, as anyone can buy an EHOH premium at regular price and enjoy the entire game. I wouldn't care if the super-d00per LE buyers get a piece of her panties, just give me the full playfield feature set and code.

Gary Stern is calling Elvira right now seeing if they can get some panties for the next LE model in a few months. That's the other side of this too... All of these companies either up their LE numbers, or come out with newer, better LE models of the same game later on. There's nothing sacred about the LE models, which is why I find all the pearl clutching even more ridiculous.

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Part of the compromise is my guess. LE owners heads would've exploded even more if you could get the SE+topper cheaper than the LE.

I guess it varies from potential customers how you look at it.

For me, the current solution is no solution. If i bought the SE+, i would just feel i got a worse deal then most other, and atleast in my case, it means there´s no deal at all.

I hate the LE business strategy, but if you insist i think the stern way is better. The premium holds all needed, but if you want bragging rights, you can get it at a substantial increase and get some bragging fluff with your game.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Agreed. The topper should be like $599 or so. The LE should NOT be the same price as a SE+. Any LE customer who is not happy on what they are already getting for $9250 should just ask for a refund on their deposit so their spot can be given to someone else.

LOL

#3567 2 years ago

Those who are LOL'n are those people who are already locked in on getting a LE.

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Lol?

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Topper for the SE not good enough either? They set the price, that’s it. Just like the decision to add the topper. Don’t be “greedy”.

Choose option A or B

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

mark me as LOL

#3573 2 years ago

Lol

#3574 2 years ago

I can’t wait until the first SE ships so we can actually talk about the game itself.

#3575 2 years ago

Be good if someone posted a full game from 76

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Be good if someone posted a full game from 76

I have these - posted a couple days back prolly got lost in the chatter ..

I wish more pics were posted as well

Hope we see some factory line shots of games rolling back the line soon

A914786A-E9EA-4297-B05C-5E354AE538CC (resized).jpegA914786A-E9EA-4297-B05C-5E354AE538CC (resized).jpegF3ACCDAB-DD1B-4A8E-880F-651D04B4B08A (resized).jpegF3ACCDAB-DD1B-4A8E-880F-651D04B4B08A (resized).jpegF956C01E-7E02-4D31-9625-8E0CC2E6F3D0 (resized).jpegF956C01E-7E02-4D31-9625-8E0CC2E6F3D0 (resized).jpeg
#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Topper for the SE not good enough either? They set the price, that’s it. Just like the decision to add the topper. Don’t be “greedy”.
Choose option A or B

Ok, I pick option B so are you going to let me have your LE spot?

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Ok, I pick option B so are you going to let me have your LE spot?

No. But you do get to purchase this fine prize!

D1A5B9A0-C63B-44FB-8F44-1AD9DCE2901A.gifD1A5B9A0-C63B-44FB-8F44-1AD9DCE2901A.gif
#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

could you take a closeup photo of the powder coat trim?

It’s pretty much a matte gun metal color. Not sure this helps more than other photos or not.

17CD87BB-3181-4633-9DCB-78EB1945CCAB.jpeg17CD87BB-3181-4633-9DCB-78EB1945CCAB.jpeg
#3581 2 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

It’s pretty much a matte gun metal color. Not sure this helps more than other photos or not.[quoted image]

Holy crap that looks nice - seems like one of those subtle PC that you need to see in person to fully appreciate... that apron, wow!

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Choose option A or B

columns (resized).jpgcolumns (resized).jpg
Columngate begins...

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Im sure one will come your way.

#3584 2 years ago

Wow,

The dots look great, the gun metal trim is an outstanding selection and got to admit the wood apron is the boss.

So pumped.!!!

#3585 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

ForcefulBleakGalah-size_restricted.gifForcefulBleakGalah-size_restricted.gif
#3586 2 years ago

Well, my local distributor who I have championed on Pinside many times has flat ghosted my numerous emails since allocations were told to distros I was “on his list” as of Aug 25th for an LE. Followed up several times and has now not extended me the courtesy of a response. So thanks Mike! I guess I’m done with Automated.

So I put down a deposit on an SE+ with PPS. What I most unhappy about is that I didn’t sign up for PPS originally b/c I wanted to give the business to Automated. And worse is that according to PPS’ website, I won’t be able to have “Tier 1” priority for an LE of next game as that is another perk ( and one all you LE people should value) of LE owners only. So most likely I will not only not get a CCRLE but won’t get any of the next LE games down the line. Even though I did buy a MMRLE but not from PPS. I can only hope CGC makes 4000 LEs of the next game.

I am still excited about my SE+, although I will be among the last to get that too. ::sigh::

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Wow,
The dots look great, the gun metal trim is an outstanding selection and got to admit the wood apron is the boss.
So pumped.!!!

I would be pumped too if I was on the LE bandwagon. SE+ owners play the same price but no cool gunmetal powder coating, no cool wood apron, extra playfield stuff, art blades, double warranty or shaker motor.

#3588 2 years ago

Is it just me or are the pictures of the three CCRs on the CGC features matrix page messed up?

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Is it just me or are the pictures of the three CCRs on the CGC features matrix page messed up?

Fine here. Windows 10, Firefox browser.

LTG : )

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Fine here. Windows 10, Firefox browser.
LTG : )

Mine shows wrong image under the LE

Prolly just the wrong image when adding the new column

Doesn’t matter since LE is old out

3E9D14E1-BAED-42B0-8664-D28F14BDF3B9 (resized).png3E9D14E1-BAED-42B0-8664-D28F14BDF3B9 (resized).png

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Yep, messed up on my end too. I can't figure out why the SE+ is the same price as a full featured LE.

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I can't figure out why the SE+ is the same price as a full featured LE.

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gifCutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif
#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Yep, messed up on my end too. I can't figure out why the SE+ is the same price as a full featured LE.

Wow...

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

People wanted to have the topper and complained very loudly. Even the LE folk complained because they saw the huge value added in this topper.

Given how awesome/innovative/interactive/integrated the topper is (even if a glorified video mode), it is certainly deserving to be priced at a point that reflects the market, even pre-covid boom. $1250 is somewhere between low and just right.

Also, people keep asking CGC to do a solid for the LE buyers, they already did. The value in the limited edition is also the significant delta in features and savings compared to the SE+. Would the value of the pin appreciate significantly if only LE models could have the topper, maybe for the first year. Oh well, not an issue if you plan on keeping it (though nice). It is a damn fine looking game, has completed code with a code update for all by a legend with a proven track record.

SE+ folks get the topper. LE folks get a smokin' deal. Everyone gets to buy the backglass and other goodies offered to both groups.

#3595 2 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Wait a couple more weeks they might have another column.

#3596 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Wait a couple more weeks they might have another column.

Yep, that is what I am waiting for. Sign me up.

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

No. But you do get to purchase this fine prize! [quoted image]

Quoted from underlord:

No. But you do get to purchase this fine prize! [quoted image]

Haha, I got mine for free

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Well, my local distributor who I have championed on Pinside many times has flat ghosted my numerous emails since allocations were told to distros I was “on his list” as of Aug 25th for an LE. Followed up several times and has now not extended me the courtesy of a response. So thanks Mike! I guess I’m done with Automated.
So I put down a deposit on an SE+ with PPS. What I most unhappy about is that I didn’t sign up for PPS originally b/c I wanted to give the business to Automated. And worse is that according to PPS’ website, I won’t be able to have “Tier 1” priority for an LE of next game as that is another perk ( and one all you LE people should value) of LE owners only. So most likely I will not only not get a CCRLE but won’t get any of the next LE games down the line. Even though I did buy a MMRLE but not from PPS. I can only hope CGC makes 4000 LEs of the next game.
I am still excited about my SE+, although I will be among the last to get that too. ::sigh::

That sucks. I bought a game from automated and had issues. I generally don't say out loud on here negative things about distros, but I've heard several stories about automated in addition to my own experience. Word to the wise...

#3599 2 years ago

I heard on TPN (The Pinball Network) that CGC may release another gameplay video this week (I assume professionally shot like there first CCr promo video).
Zach Meny shot the first video and he is the one who mentioned there may be another one coming.
Would be cool to see!

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Would the value of the pin appreciate significantly if only LE models could have the topper, maybe for the first year.

proxy-image.gifproxy-image.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.