(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 133.
#3501 2 years ago

Well you see included has many different meanings.

bill-clinton-meaning-of-the-word-is.gifbill-clinton-meaning-of-the-word-is.gif
#3503 2 years ago

If the release was done more professional NONE of this would be happening. All anyone wants here is clarification.....

#3504 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And now on to "CodeGate"!!!

You knew this was coming!

#3505 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Doug_Duba
A question came up in another thread about Lyman/Josh's code being an add-on extra that's not included.
Is that the case, or is it actually included with the game? I didn't see this indicated in the details on the website.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon[quoted image]

The add-on hasn't been marketed yet - that's why. They said in the seminar its scope is not even agreed upon yet.

No one should have any expectation of 'its included'.

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

If you don't include resale in your equation, Scribbles, your kids is going to be pissed later on in life.

Nah, they'll be arguing about who gets what machine. Not because of value, but because of the fun/favorites factor.

#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

It’s not a matter of smarts, it’s just profound luck. I’m extremely fortunate have the opportunity to work with these guys and other exceptional people including, in the engineering team, Sam Zehr (there would be no remakes without Sam), Sean Wilson, and Dave Oermann. There are plenty of other great people that also helped make this all possible.

No doubt, it takes a great team of people with excellent chemistry to make great games. A lot of unnamed stars behind the scenes.

#3508 2 years ago

Listen I met Doug and got to spend some one on one time before the release of Royal edition, and without a doubt this man runs a business like it should be run. This LE game could have easily been 12500 but Doug is doing his best to provide value and keep pinball alive for the masses. I run hotels the same way....for the long haul! We all make a few mistakes along the way but in no way, after meeting Doug, is this intentional like some other companies that shall remain nameless. Doug you handled this well, you are producing, what I think, are the best built games out there and providing value beyond compare. Thank you for entering this market and thank you for venturing out into titles that are beyond the classics!

#3509 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Never say never but it’s unlikely.

Wait Goonies never say die… Is this a hint that you guys acquired the Goonies license from Deeproot, yes !! Looking forward to the One Eyed Willy Edition!!

#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The add-on hasn't been marketed yet - that's why. They said in the seminar its scope is not even agreed upon yet.

No one should have any expectation of 'its included'.

There will be some people who heard of the Lyman/Josh addon and assume it and the "Enhanced" code in the feature matrix on the website are one and the same. Then when the Lyman/Josh addon is announced for an extra cost, some may be upset. Easy solve, make it clear on the official website. An asterisk with a note saying "Enhanced code includes blah blah, other code enhancements may be provided at a later date for additional cost" clears up the ambiguity.

#3511 2 years ago

What is the extra coast for the code, and when will it be available?

#3512 2 years ago

Could the "enhanced" code be the "continued" code?

#3513 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Doug_Duba
A question came up in another thread about Lyman/Josh's code being an add-on extra that's not included.
Is that the case, or is it actually included with the game? I didn't see this indicated in the details on the website.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon[quoted image]

Why would you expect to see an unannounced optional product referenced on the web site?

Doug has previously stated they haven’t even decided what the package will include yet.

#3514 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

What is the extra coast for the code, and when will it be available?

1 million dollars!!

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

There will be some people who heard of the Lyman/Josh addon and assume it and the "Enhanced" code in the feature matrix on the website are one and the same. Then when the Lyman/Josh addon is announced for an extra cost, some may be upset. Easy solve, make it clear on the official website. An asterisk with a note saying "Enhanced code includes blah blah, other code enhancements may be provided at a later date for additional cost" clears up the ambiguity.

This is a good suggestion. While a people like myself who have been waiting for CCR for a long time follow all the details, most people probably don’t. I could see people getting confused.

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

This is a good suggestion. While a people like myself who have been waiting for CCR for a long time follow all the details, most people probably don’t. I could see people getting confused.

It’s been in the header of the owners/orders thread for over a week.

#3517 2 years ago

Why do we not have a real game stream showing what codes are currently in the game. Is there plans for an official stream soon?

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why would you expect to see an unannounced optional product referenced on the web site?

I had no idea it was an "unannounced optional product".

It was not made clear (to us casual observers) that there was going to be a third and entirely separate base of code.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s been in the header of the owners/orders thread for over a week.

I honestly don’t know how many people use Pinside….But CGC shouldn’t rely on a forum as a line of communication (not saying that they do). I have seem a few people ask questions about the code…with earlier communication issues on the topper, better safe then sorry. I am unaware of anyone ever charging for a code update, so it’s an unusual situation worthy of some clarification IMO.

#3520 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I had no idea it was an "unannounced optional product".
It was not made clear (to us casual observers) that there was going to be a third and entirely separate base of code.

Well, if you are new to the thread and revisit the posts you will see a lot is and wasn’t clear, so I guess we all just need to roll with it.

#3521 2 years ago

Definitely disappointed to see the topper for sale for the same price as the LE. I knew it was going to cost a bit, but to have it be the exact same price as the LE just sits wrong.

#3522 2 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

Definitely disappointed to see the topper for sale for the same price as the LE. I knew it was going to cost a bit, but to have it be the exact same price as the LE just sits wrong.

Part of the compromise is my guess. LE owners heads would've exploded even more if you could get the SE+topper cheaper than the LE.

#3523 2 years ago

So, new to buying from Chicago Gaming. I feel dumb asking this, but are Limited Editions never re-run? I ask because CCR shows remake is Sold Out ( and we know it is by the thread) but their other machines still list LEs but without a line clarifying they are sold out. I have no desire to pay extra just for a topper and don't care about serial numbers, but would have done the full LE bundle. I'll wait if in a year I can get an equivalent to the LE.

#3524 2 years ago

I do not know much about the differences in the Cactus Canyon original and the Continued code. I played the continued code and played alot of cool modes. It would be great to get some clarification on what code comes with the game that we already placed a deposit on. They say original code so there are alot of people that know what that is but what is finished original code. That is supposed to come with the game for no extra cost. When will there be a stream to show what code comes with the game?

#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

So, new to buying from Chicago Gaming. I feel dumb asking this, but are Limited Editions never re-run? I ask because CCR shows remake is Sold Out ( and we know it is by the thread) but their other machines still list LEs but without a line clarifying they are sold out. I have no desire to pay extra just for a topper and don't care about serial numbers, but would have done the full LE bundle. I'll wait if in a year I can get an equivalent to the LE.

They have not in the past done reruns of LE models.

#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

So, new to buying from Chicago Gaming. I feel dumb asking this, but are Limited Editions never re-run? I ask because CCR shows remake is Sold Out ( and we know it is by the thread) but their other machines still list LEs but without a line clarifying they are sold out.

Sold Out typically means from the manufacturer to distributors. It’s unreasonable to expect manufacturers would always go back and update marketing material from years ago.

#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

They have not in the past done reruns of LE models.

P2_czr.gifP2_czr.gif
#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

but what is finished original code. That is supposed to come with the game for no extra cost.

The Enhanced Code (what you call finished original code) will come on all CCr games. That code fixes bugs, adds missing features originally intended and implements the vision the original design team had for the game.

#3529 2 years ago

I had to ask. I always feel like businesses like money, like with Jersey Jack and their plethora of vesions of Oz. So it seems like Chicago Gaming could get more money from people in this thread with little effort. Guess I'll save my money and get the not so special edition.

#3530 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I want more remakes. White Water.

PTC or EFL !

Accept no other.

LTG : )

#3531 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The Enhanced Code (what you call finished original code) will come on all CCr games. That code fixes bugs, adds missing features originally intended and implements the vision the original design team had for the game.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Yeah what does that mean?

#3532 2 years ago

I played the CCr LE at Playfield 76 in Reno yesterday - fantastic! Beautiful game all around, fantastic light show, lots of fun. I like that it's not super hard but there is a lot going on that keeps you engaged. Makes the game a lot more fun for casual players - got a thumb's up from my wife. I got the topper mode one time but I had no idea what I was doing... For those wondering, as far as I could tell, the call outs didn't seem to have been changed compared to the original, even though the Bart model/target looks a bit different (not complaining). Just throwing it out there, maybe too much to ask from an already great package, but I would love to see the full CCC code (or as much as can be used given possible licensing issues with audio assets used in the original CCC code) along with the Lyman/Josh code. I understand there probably would be some work involved in porting over the CCC code, but hopefully it would be a lot less difficult than developing code from scratch. Having three code options on one playfield would be phenomenal. Super excited to get the game some time next year. Great job Doug_Duba and team!!

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

If the release was done more professional NONE of this would be happening. All anyone wants here is clarification.....

Got a few downvotes on this one and scratching my head why? If this release was done more professional they would have disclosed all models and what comes with each version and what can be purchased as an add on. They would have showed what current code is and what changes they have done to make the original code complete. There would be Zero discrepancies on Toppers or code. Feature matrix would clearly show the differences between ALL models. Adding a new model after selling out of all your limited edition models is not the best thing to do to your customer base.

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

I played the CCr LE at Playfield 76 in Reno yesterday - fantastic! Beautiful game all around, fantastic light show, lots of fun. I like that it's not super hard but there is a lot going on that keeps you engaged. Makes the game a lot more fun for casual players - got a thumb's up from my wife. I got the topper mode one time but I had no idea what I was doing... For those wondering, as far as I could tell, the call outs didn't seem to have been changed compared to the original, even though the Bart model/target looks a bit different (not complaining). Just throwing it out there, maybe too much to ask from an already great package, but I would love to see the full CCC code (or as much as can be used given possible licensing issues with audio assets used in the original CCC code) along with the Lyman/Josh code. I understand there probably would be some work involved in porting over the CCC code, but hopefully it would be a lot less difficult than developing code from scratch. Having three code options on one playfield would be phenomenal. Super excited to get the game some time next year. Great job Doug_Duba and team!!

CCC Code "possible licensing issues" ... lol, now that's a good one!

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Never say never but it’s unlikely. Sales of the current models are strong are we are nearing completion of the next game. After we are done processing parts orders for the balance of the CCr orders we will focus on purchasing the parts for the next title.

this is a great time to be alive and born 40 years ago too, lol , so I can appreciate being alive now even more! So excited for what's to come and see classics come back to life one more time. Thank you CGC!

#3536 2 years ago

“This LE game could have easily been 12500 but Doug is doing his best to provide value and keep pinball alive for the masses.”

The “masses” don’t seem to need the help right now Billy, buying up everything in sight for now!

But I’d play the long game too

It will be interesting to see what a “non remake” is priced at with different margins

#3537 2 years ago

whatever that is .....

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Got a few downvotes on this one and scratching my head why? If this release was done more professional they would have disclosed all models and what comes with each version and what can be purchased as an add on. They would have showed what current code is and what changes they have done to make the original code complete. There would be Zero discrepancies on Toppers or code. Feature matrix would clearly show the differences between ALL models. Adding a new model after selling out of all your limited edition models is not the best thing to do to your customer base.

I've gotten a lot of downvotes in this thread. I had one post that had a ton of downvotes, then a few pages later someone said the exact same thing and got a bunch of upvotes. It's one of the reasons I have to take a break from this site every once in a while. It's mass hysteria and it's not even consistent. I understand everyone's frustration here. I'm frustrated... But it's crazy how different everyone's reasons are for being upset. Some people are unhappy because they can't get an LE. A lot of LE buyers are unhappy because CGC offered to make the topper available.

I've read so many comments from the lucky people who got an LE order in for a great price whining about how unfair it all is that I'm really starting to question my place in this hobby. I feel like this has brought out the worst in some people.

#3539 2 years ago

"I only want it if you can't have it"? I don't think I've ever felt that way about pinball. It's a limited enough experience at is now. Some of us will never get to play the LE and see the amazing plastic on the railroad.

Quoted from seenev:

I've read so many comments from the lucky people who got an LE order in for a great price whining about how unfair it all is that I'm really starting to question my place in this hobby

#3540 2 years ago

Ya'll are going to be really upset when you see the LE+ drop in 6 months and it comes with a piece of Doug_Duba 's couch. New sales only. Limited to 199, Cactus Green trim. $14,500

You can only get one if you spend $60,000 on pinball in a year and have saved at least 2 lives.

#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Cary Hardy just did video on this mess. Spot on.

c

Quoted from beltking:

Cary Hardy just did video on this mess. Spot on.

you actually watch that crap?

Quoted from seenev:

I've gotten a lot of downvotes in this thread. I had one post that had a ton of downvotes, then a few pages later someone said the exact same thing and got a bunch of upvotes. It's one of the reasons I have to take a break from this site every once in a while. It's mass hysteria and it's not even consistent. I understand everyone's frustration here. I'm frustrated... But it's crazy how different everyone's reasons are for being upset. Some people are unhappy because they can't get an LE. A lot of LE buyers are unhappy because CGC offered to make the topper available.
I've read so many comments from the lucky people who got an LE order in for a great price whining about how unfair it all is that I'm really starting to question my place in this hobby. I feel like this has brought out the worst in some people.

Take a breath, drink a beer, smoke a bowl, snort a line, then come back tomorrow, still the same old a$$holes will be here.

#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

I would GLADLY pay whatever the price difference was in AFM LE to get that topper.

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I would GLADLY pay whatever the price difference was in AFM LE to get that topper.

Don't give them any ideas. They will tell us that was always the plan.

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from jmhewitt:

"I only want it if you can't have it"? I don't think I've ever felt that way about pinball. It's a limited enough experience at is now. Some of us will never get to play the LE and see the amazing plastic on the railroad.

"I only want it if you can't have it" is the basis of the LE business model. It's the worst thing about modern pinball... Holding back features for a select few just for bragging rights.

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

"I only want it if you can't have it" is the basis of the LE business model. It's the worst thing about modern pinball... Holding back features for a select few just for bragging rights.

This is true, however companies are relying on fomo to sell sell sell. If they are purposefully using fomo to get sales, then open up the sales numbers or bring out better machines down the road etc., then shame on them and we as purchasers should not support it (right). In this instance, (CGC), this simply was not the case.

#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I took a year off of Pinside and it wasn't that bad.
And for those that saw my previous post in this thread, I decided to pass on the LE offer and cancel my SE order. I decided it's better for me to wait until Lyman's code is in place and I play it before I commit to buy. If it's great I'll pay the market price at that time, but not before.

#3547 2 years ago

The fact that they made the topper available on the SE was the reason I ended up ordering this pin. I missed the LE's however I think the topper really ties this pin together (unlike most toppers)

It's impossible to appease everyone.

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I took a year off of Pinside and it wasn't that bad.
And for those that saw my previous post in this thread, I decided to pass on the LE offer and cancel my SE order. I decided it's better for me to wait until Lyman's code is in place and I play it before I commit to buy. If it's great I'll pay the market price at that time, but not before.

How dare you cloud the issue with logic and common sense!!!

The only folks that should be allowed this thread are the whiners(& flippers) that can only bitch and complain all the GD time.

Oh wait... It's already like that.. lol

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Listen I met Doug and got to spend some one on one time before the release of Royal edition, and without a doubt this man runs a business like it should be run. This LE game could have easily been 12500 but Doug is doing his best to provide value and keep pinball alive for the masses. I run hotels the same way....for the long haul! We all make a few mistakes along the way but in no way, after meeting Doug, is this intentional like some other companies that shall remain nameless. Doug you handled this well, you are producing, what I think, are the best built games out there and providing value beyond compare. Thank you for entering this market and thank you for venturing out into titles that are beyond the classics!

I get why some people are mad about all of the things that have gone down, but I think its refreshing to see a company offer super high quality products at a more affordable price.

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Special thanks to those of you that have had our back through all of this. Your support helped me get through this.
On Pinside there have been several orders of magnitude more discussion over what we got wrong than what we got right. In contrast, the tone at Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend couldn’t have been more positive.
There has been far more concern over who can have the topper than appreciation of what I feel is our most innovative topper yet. Throughout it’s development, I felt it was borderline ridiculous to put so much effort into a topper.
At launch we stated we were considering selling the topper. It was discussed here early on.
For those of you discounting the value of the additional LE features (LE lower arch, LE medallion, mine cart, train tracks, art blades, shaker motor and longer warranty), we will learn how the free market values those features in the near future.
I’m proud of the work our team did on this project. Lyman is the final piece of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be.
Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball.
We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck. I know there are many disappointed customers that fall into this first camp but suspect those weren’t the loudest voices.
We have been remaking great Williams/Bally pinball machines to provide people access to games which had become unaffordable to many.
Manufacturers are testing the waters with games retailing for over $25k and the marketplace has responded by saying more please. In time, this trend will exclude the majority of buyers from the coolest features on future games.
We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed. The value of our LEs is derived from their additional features more than rarity.
The goal from the beginning has been to provide people access to the best pinball machines. This decision was in line with that goal.
Sales greatly exceeded expectations. Did we price the games too low? I believe we priced the games fairly in a market where many pinball machines have become overpriced.
Did we make mistakes? Absolutely, I can own them and learn from them. We will do better next time. I apologize for the drama this has created.
It’s time for me to return my focus to building games.

It's refreshing to see a company response. I'm sure we'll all learn something from this, and that will make the pinball world a better place.

I do see a strong majority of LE buyers as non-flippers, so I don't think it's fair to boil down the sell-out to money-hungry purchasers. In the end, the game will be awesome, you'll make a boatload more cash, and those who felt left out are consoled. It's just too bad that the communication was unclear and looks like a bait and switch. I'm sure this wasn't the intent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,999 (OBO)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/71?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.