(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 133.
#3451 2 years ago

Maybe a silly question. I wonder if they have any regular SEs ready to ship?
From what I remember they are shipping this month.

#3452 2 years ago

Special thanks to those of you that have had our back through all of this. Your support helped me get through this.

On Pinside there have been several orders of magnitude more discussion over what we got wrong than what we got right. In contrast, the tone at Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend couldn’t have been more positive.

There has been far more concern over who can have the topper than appreciation of what I feel is our most innovative topper yet. Throughout it’s development, I felt it was borderline ridiculous to put so much effort into a topper.

At launch we stated we were considering selling the topper. It was discussed here early on.

For those of you discounting the value of the additional LE features (LE lower arch, LE medallion, mine cart, train tracks, art blades, shaker motor and longer warranty), we will learn how the free market values those features in the near future.

I’m proud of the work our team did on this project. Lyman is the final piece of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be.

Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball.

We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck. I know there are many disappointed customers that fall into this first camp but suspect those weren’t the loudest voices.

We have been remaking great Williams/Bally pinball machines to provide people access to games which had become unaffordable to many.

Manufacturers are testing the waters with games retailing for over $25k and the marketplace has responded by saying more please. In time, this trend will exclude the majority of buyers from the coolest features on future games.

We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed. The value of our LEs is derived from their additional features more than rarity.

The goal from the beginning has been to provide people access to the best pinball machines. This decision was in line with that goal.

Sales greatly exceeded expectations. Did we price the games too low? I believe we priced the games fairly in a market where many pinball machines have become overpriced.

Did we make mistakes? Absolutely, I can own them and learn from them. We will do better next time. I apologize for the drama this has created.

It’s time for me to return my focus to building games.

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I’m guessing we will eventually still see a "CCR CE" Collector edition just as they did with MMR Royal. …
Guessing they would make 925 CCR CE's to match that of the original run... would be a nice way to pay homage to the Bally table.

The original run was 903. 925 were planned (the plates were ordered in advanced) but the production line shut down early.

#3454 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball.
We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck.
We build a large number of LEs because we want everyone to have access to the features we have developed. The value of our LEs is derived from their additional features more than rarity.

Doug_Duba

The loudest voices of dissent are not the majority. The quality build of my MMrRE and the very reasonable price point of CGC machines is what made me not hesitate to jump on board, not the possibility of owning a rare and valuable piece of plastic on top of the game.

Keep building awesome games and don't make us wait over a year for Lyman's upgrade!!

#3455 2 years ago

Thanks for this sentiment and thanks for continuing to bring us great games. KUDOS!

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Special thanks to those of you that have had our back through all of this. Your support helped me get through this.
On Pinside there have been several orders of magnitude more discussion over what we got wrong than what we got right. In contrast, the tone at Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend couldn’t have been more positive.
There has been far more concern over who can have the topper than appreciation of what I feel is our most innovative topper yet. Throughout it’s development, I felt it was borderline ridiculous to put so much effort into a topper.
At launch we stated we were considering selling the topper. It was discussed here early on.
For those of you discounting the value of the additional LE features (LE lower arch, LE medallion, mine cart, train tracks, art blades, shaker motor and longer warranty), we will learn how the free market values those features in the near future.
I’m proud of the work our team did on this project. Lyman is the final piece of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be.
We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck. I know there are many disappointed customers that fall into this first camp but suspect those weren’t the loudest voices.
We have been remaking great Williams/Bally pinball machines to provide people access to games which had become unaffordable to many.
Manufacturers are testing the waters with games retailing for over $25k and the marketplace has responded by saying more please. In time, this trend will exclude the majority of buyers from the coolest features on future games.
The goal from the beginning has been to provide people access to the best pinball machines. This decision was in line with that goal.
Sales greatly exceeded expectations. Did we price the games too low? I believe we priced the games fairly in a market where many pinball machines have become overpriced.
Did we make mistakes? Absolutely, I can own them and learn from them. We will do better next time. I apologize for the drama this has created.

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Our pinball division’s mission is to deliver the highest quality games in the industry while providing the best value to people that love pinball. We are focused on customers that love pinball not scalpers or those concerned with making a quick buck.

These comments show why I had absolutely no hesitation in buying my first game from Chicago Gaming. If this doesn’t show their respect for true pinball fans, I don’t know what would.

#3457 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Well done! Thanks for everything!

#3458 2 years ago

I too suspect its the FOMO LOCO FLIPPERS being vocal about their precious. People should stop supporting scalpers and the problem would go away.

#3459 2 years ago

There are clearly two sides here and if looked at objectively , both sides have a point when looking at the literature and Ryan talks.

Since Avatar LE by Stern was announced ,buyers have complained that the rules have changed after the fact and That they have been screwed. One can see multiple times where a manufacturer puts out a newer model with features not on the originals.

The Stern VE’s are one example, the multiple lives of WOZ is another. The recent Elvira release is another case in point. No one should be surprised that CGC reacted to the market demand. It has happened many times before.
The recent LE boom is a change in market conditions that was not present just like two years ago. LE prices on re sale were depreciating a bit. I was glad to break even on several of them. The manufacturers are seeing this change also and try to react like any business would to changing demand.

So at this point one needs to ask themselves as an LE buyer, if given the choice buy the LE or the SE plus for the same price, which would you purchase? Pretty sure it would be the LE in most cases I would bet. I feel that way anyhow .

#3460 2 years ago

Doug_Duba Still in on mine and happy to be getting it! I am excited for the code updates and if they are fairly priced like the game I will continue to be happy !

That said feel free to throw in the free backglass to appease the whiners! I wont mind hahaha

#3461 2 years ago
mr-potato-head-kiss-ass.gifmr-potato-head-kiss-ass.gif
#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

What an awesome post. You don't have to apologize for anything. The drama created here was frankly completely rediculos and I'm ashamed by some of my fellow enthusiasts.

As you pointed out, you guys build the best machines in the industry and my family has gotten tons of enjoyment from the three we have bought to date. We are VERY excited to get our CCr LE!

Looking forward to what your team comes up with next.

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Yes, because spending nearly $60,000 on pinball this last year has kept people afloat. We plan to continue that trend into the future. Downvote me all you want. Tell me I am a braggard. Put me in the same category as ice. You can be pretty damn sure I expect to be treated preferentially when compared to the "odd one here and there" type of folk. At least auto, clothes, travel, and credit card companies stratify based on merit. Should regular AMEX customer service treat the Centurion card holders the same? Don't like it? Work harder, make more money, and spend it on pinball.

wow you are such a rich person, wonderful!

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

That said feel free to throw in the free backglass to appease the whiners! I wont mind hahaha

I thought we agreed on a set of steak knives?

#3465 2 years ago

i am so glad i made it. watching rich people argue over a 10,000 toy is so much more satisfying than watching people fight over their next meal

#3466 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Are the LEs going to be produced first or at least some of them before SEs? I believe that was always the case in the past? One of the big reasons I buy LEs is I'm impatient and want the game sooner.

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Are the LEs going to be produced first or at least some of them before SEs? I believe that was always the case in the past? One of the big reasons I buy LEs is I'm impatient and want the game sooner.

You’re confusing with Stern.

CGC usually builds classics first (none in this case), then the SEs, then the LEs.

However now with the SE+ who knows.

#3468 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

SEs will be built until topper parts arrive and then we will build primary LEs, followed by SE+s.

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

SEs will be built until topper parts arrive and then we will build primary LEs, followed by SE+s.

Thanks for the info. Been looking for clarification on timing. I would have been tempted to switch to an SE plus if built first. Decision easy now, especially with topper not available as separate purchase. Can’t wait to add this one to my collection.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Great! Do some SEs ship this month?

#3471 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Great info. Here’s hoping I’ll make it in the first block of SEs!

#3472 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:Are the LEs going to be produced first or at least some of them before SEs? I believe that was always the case in the past? One of the big reasons I buy LEs is I'm impatient and want the game sooner.

SEs will be built first.

My distributor expect LEs to start on the line at the end of January and run through February.

The good news, is they should have worked out any kinks by the time they produce the LEs.

#3473 2 years ago

primary LEs?

So first special editions then Primary LE's then Secondary LE's then Super secondary LE's. Got it!

#3474 2 years ago

I created a post with a poll for LE buyers of what they'd like to see from CGC
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-le-buyers-toppergate-with-poll

#3475 2 years ago

Pinball buyers are so spoiled with values on games they use it to judge wether a game is worth buying.Its a great toy when you can buy it and have it for a few years and loose very little or for the last few years make money when you sell it.The ones complaining the loudest is the flippers, and the ones who expect to make money when they sell.CGC has sold the toppers for Mid evil Madness after the fact and has made later limited versions so why would it suprise anyone that they decided to make the topper avaible to everyone.In hindsight the topper should have been avaibale as a extra ( Stern sells theirs as a extra so you can decide if its worth 1000 plus and its not forced on the retail cost) from the start for all games and the LE should have had it already on the game.I think Doug learned that the hard way and it was deciveing not makeing the call before people spent their money, but they did it quickly after release and offerd a full refund if you wanted. Im thinking the manafactures love the buying frenzy so they sell the limited out, but 1200 games is a high number for limited.The best part of this is most of the buyers never played the game and the theme has no meaning to anyone unless you live at the "ok corral". I was able to play it and its a solid fun shooter,but the shots are easier then most games.Thats not a bad thing but some people like easyer shots and others like it to be impossible.The bigest plus is the code from Lyman and Joshand Erics (if they choose to use some of it) that will bring this game over the top.
You can call it a kiss ass remark or a reality check but I want to thank Doug and crew for makeing great quailty games and bringing these games to the masses so people can enjoy them.For all the people complaning and whining, we or I dont care that you cant flip a game before its even made and make more money then the venders.As a older player and collector I lived the dark days of pinball and most of you dont realise how lucky we all are that so many great games aer being made again.hopefully Doug isn't loseing any sleep over this and is laughing all the way to the bank.

#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I created a post with a poll for LE buyers of what they'd like to see from CGC
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-le-buyers-toppergate-with-poll

This goes for all manufactures...
Do what they say! Say what they DO!

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Ok. Then build more LEs. You said it yourself. You can't just say this and then have tons of people unable to get the game on the first day orders open up, especially when you're charging the LE price for another version without a lot of the "additional features." I'm sorry but this statement rings absolutely false.

#3478 2 years ago

Nobody is spoiled. I have a hard time believing that we should not ask for as much as possible when giving 8-25k on a pinball machine. Is this a necessity? No that would only pertain to food and water. Is this a high priced product for sale? Yes... We can ask.. We can be upset.. We can be let down.. And thanks to this wonderful site called Pinside we can Bitch!

#3479 2 years ago

After the disappointments from Heighway and Dutch, I have been very happy with Chicago Gaming Co. The best manufacturers today are CGC, JJP and Stern. Everyone else is a distant 2nd. As much as I like Spooky, their games are just not that much fun. Except for America’s Most Haunted. That’s a good game.

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Are CE’s a possibility for CCR ?

#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Sounds good. Now turn your attention to making an Arcade Legends 4 Please!!

#3482 2 years ago

How many SE have been ordered a ballpark would be fine I don’t want mine until end of December as I’m moving.

#3483 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Are CE’s a possibility for CCR ?

Never say never but it’s unlikely. Sales of the current models are strong are we are nearing completion of the next game. After we are done processing parts orders for the balance of the CCr orders we will focus on purchasing the parts for the next title.

#3484 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Lyman is the final piece of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be.

"Lyman and Josh are the final pieces of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be."

Fixed that for you Mr. Doug_Duba

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Never say never but it’s unlikely. Sales of the current models are strong are we are nearing completion of the next game. After we are done processing parts orders for the balance of the CCr orders we will focus on purchasing the parts for the next title.

Time to start saving.

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

"Lyman and Josh are the final pieces of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be."

The struggle is real!

#3487 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Lyman and Josh are the final pieces of the puzzle that will make this game all it can be."

Can't cut Josh out!

I'm really looking forward to what you guys come up with!

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Thank you! Josh’s contribution is a critical part of the upgrade. I don’t think many people are aware of the many games Josh has consulted on. It was early when I wrote that and hadn’t had enough coffee yet.

Sorry Josh!

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

we are nearing completion of the next game. After we are done processing parts orders for the balance of the CCr orders we will focus on purchasing the parts for the next title.

If you let us know what the next title is, we promise not to tell anyone …

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Will the next title be a remake or is this the original title you have been hinting at?

#3491 2 years ago

I like the caring and passion of Doug Duba! And the fact that you owned the mistakes made. That's all you can do and it ain't easy.

And i love the commitment to try and keep the "flippers" to a minimum. And the fact that Doug was smart enough to hire Lyman, or Josh or both.

In hindsight, if i really wanted an "LE", i'd just wait it out, have a little patience and let the market speak for itself. 1,250 is still a ton of games. If people really don't care? Then the SE+ is sitting right there for you.

"In Lyman we trust"!

Oh, and 1,000%, do a "Collector's Edition" in the future. Take advantage of dummies like myself!

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like the caring and passion of Doug Duba! And the fact that you owned the mistakes made. That's all you can do and it ain't easy.

I totally agree. It's great to have the head of the company care enough to listen to our craziness and put up with all the negative that pops up here. Doug_Duba obviously cares deeply about the product and providing us with value. CCr LE will be my 4th CGC NIB purchase and I'm sure that number 5 will find its way here too.

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you let us know what the next title is, we promise not to tell anyone …

Rumors are Pulp fiction…I want more remakes. White Water.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Rumors are Pulp fiction

I think one more remake is coming before their first original title.

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Thank you Doug for building and improving Cactus Canyon for the people who love to play pinball.
~Steveo

#3496 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And the fact that Doug was smart enough to hire Lyman, or Josh or both.

It’s not a matter of smarts, it’s just profound luck. I’m extremely fortunate have the opportunity to work with these guys and other exceptional people including, in the engineering team, Sam Zehr (there would be no remakes without Sam), Sean Wilson, and Dave Oermann. There are plenty of other great people that also helped make this all possible.

#3497 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

It’s not a matter of smarts, it’s just profound luck. I’m extremely fortunate have the opportunity to work with these guys and other exceptional people including, in the engineering team, Sam Zehr (there would be no remakes without Sam), Sean Wilson, and Dave Oermann. There are plenty of other great people that also helped make this all possible.

And this is why I'm rapidly becoming a fan of CGC. I've played your other three remakes in barcades and enjoyed them, but CCR LE is my first CGC purchase. Your attention to quality is top-notch, but your VALUES are what set your company apart. Based on your comments (and the fact that you're taking the time to make comments), I believe you do legitimately care about this hobby and its hobbiests rather than just making money off us like some manufacturers whose names I won't mention. Therefore, I can see myself coming back to buy some of your future titles.

#3498 2 years ago

Doug_Duba

A question came up in another thread about Lyman/Josh's code being an add-on extra that's not included.

Is that the case, or is it actually included with the game? I didn't see this indicated in the details on the website.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3499 2 years ago

There are actually 3 codes in the game I think. Original, enhanced and Lyman. Ships with enhanced, but I don’t think they have explained what enhanced is in terms of changes.

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Doug_Duba
A question came up in another thread about Lyman/Josh's code being an add-on extra that's not included.
Is that the case, or is it actually included with the game? I didn't see this indicated in the details on the website.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon[quoted image]

That matrix shows that the original incomplete code is included, as well as the completed as originally intended code (it’s the enhanced code). As JSC said it’s not listed anywhere what that entails exactly other than Bionic Bart mode and OK Corral modes are in. What those are isn’t clear yet.

What Josh & Lyman are working on is an add-on(software and hardware) that will essentially be CC 2.0. There is no info on what it is, any timeline or cost yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
Trade
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/70?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.