(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 133.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Anyways, back on topic -- I am excited for CCr, this game looks like a lot of fun.

Good call this is a CCr thread after all. I will say having owned CCC it would be tough not having cowboys and alien mode.

#302 2 years ago

Living in Arizona I feel like I should own one of these.
Kind of blew my NIB load with Spooky for the year.
Guess I’ll wait and see how my year end winds up.

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

The RE does have a special feature not obtainable for other editions, its called a serial number. 378 serialized RE's left the factory. Zero more are being created. Thats how limited editions work.

Agree, back to CCr!

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:The original CC had numbered plaques, although not delivered with the machines and many lost.
Wonder if the CCrLE will come with a numbered plaque?
This would make it a true LE.
Numbers kicking off from 904, where the original finished

Wrong they never had plaques made. Someone else made them. Williams stopped production for pinball 2000s.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Wrong they never had plaques made. Someone else made them. Williams stopped production for pinball 2000s.

That's not correct. Williams originally intended for each game to have a numbered plaque. Unfortunately, they received them well after the games had shipped, and with Williams moving onto pinball 2000, some were sent randomly to distributors, most didn't reach an owner at all and even fewer lined up with the game it was associated with.

Many years ago, after this occured, there were a few people on RGP that had a stash and were seeking owners with proof of ownership. Others looking to trade etc.

Much later and far more recently some reproductions were made for PPS without the number stamped in them. These were and still maybe available to buy direct from PPS.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/available-cactus-canyon-plaques

#307 2 years ago

I wonder if the remakes will have plaques

#308 2 years ago

If they are blinging out these CCr, go all the way.
One vote for belt buckles plaques.
8DEA8123-1678-449D-AA7A-BA102AE579B5 (resized).jpeg8DEA8123-1678-449D-AA7A-BA102AE579B5 (resized).jpeg

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If they are blinging out these CCr, go all the way.
One vote for belt buckles plaques.
[quoted image]

New lock down bar or start button

#310 2 years ago

I Knew there would be less hype for this game vs the other remakes, but I am a bit surprised how much less especially considering the lack of NIB games available right now.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I Knew there would be less hype for this game vs the other remakes, but I am a bit surprised how much less especially considering the lack of NIB games available right now.

I mean, a mediocre game remade is still a mediocre game.

#312 2 years ago

I enjoyed the few games I was able to play when Tilt in Minneapolis had it out on their floor. The toys, shots and gimmicks were all classic B/W style. Good theme integration overall. I never explored the code enough to see what was incomplete about it, but I would put quarters in one if I saw it on the floor. For a game being as rare as it is, I'm also surprised that it's not "hot."

#313 2 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. Surprising.

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I was wondering the same thing. Surprising.

Well it's not for sale yet. How can it be hot or not? Do we even have a price point yet? Starting to think I missed something.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Well it's not for sale yet. How can it be hot or not? Do we even have a price point yet? Starting to think I missed something.

Yeah I'm not sure how people are judging if its hot or not. Just by the amount of comments on this thread? There is really nothing to talk about yet. All they have done so far is finally officially announce what we already knew for a long time, that Cactus Canyon is the next pinball machine that they will be releasing. No pictures or videos of the machine, no prices, and no official release date.

#316 2 years ago

it is a remake, people expect to resemble the original with better code. There is nothing to hype about here, other than be thankful for CGC for remaking these and letting them out for them to be enjoyed for generations to come...

I am honestly more excited about this than any other new pin thread out here on pinside, where you only get hyped up on somebody else's dreams to then only be very disappointed when revealed.

Keep the remakes coming CGC. Cactus Canyon will sell out pretty fast.

#317 2 years ago

My 2 cents is that there is nothing to actually hype right now. All we know they are making CCr. Until there is a box with blinking lights, I don’t think anyone is gonna get too excited. Now let them drop a few games at expo and MGC and start taking orders. I’m sure there will be some buzz then

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, a mediocre game remade is still a mediocre game.

I agree with this statement. That said Chicago Gaming does make a quality machine compared to the other manufacturers. I hope this one turns out to be hit with the new code.

#319 2 years ago

Damn code sucked but I found this game super fun to shoot! So glad there are games for everyone!

#320 2 years ago

There was more buzz on MBr before the reveal... CCr is a desired title due to rarity not gameplay, MB had gameplay, AFM had gameplay, and MM is, well MM. I know a lot of player friends that rate the first three remakes as classics, but not a lot think the same about CC.

#321 2 years ago

Any thoughts On how the interactive topper could be incorporated into gameplay?

#322 2 years ago

Any thoughts On how the interactive topper could be incorporated into gameplay?

Maybe use the flipper buttons somehow to shoot Bart with a gun mounted up there and the topper moves? And for games with no topper you do this on the DMD?

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There was more buzz on MBr before the reveal... CCr is a desired title due to rarity not gameplay, MB had gameplay, AFM had gameplay, and MM is, well MM. I know a lot of player friends that rate the first three remakes as classics, but not a lot think the same about CC.

Hmm, I wonder if BBBr would be more popular than CCr? Both seem good to me!

#324 2 years ago

I'm VERY interested in buying a CCX, much more appealing title than ultraman/halloween for me for example. My problem is I just bought a MM and thus cant afford a NIB right now so it's hard to have a hype over a game I can't buy.

I will definitely try to get one in a few years when (hopefully) the novelty and price have gone down a bit.

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just my price prediction:
LE $11,500 / Premium $8500 / Classic $7500

Have you bought a new pin in GA? I use to buy from Greater Southern years ago when I had games on location. Just wanted to find a good distributor for possibly getting a Cactus Canyon or MM remake. Any dealers recommendations?

#326 2 years ago

Well it’s been strung out for like 3 years now. They didn’t even show a finished game yet. Until then it’s just more waiting. Of course if you look at the old AFMR threads many people were saying the same thing about that one. I already know 3 people buying CCr. That’s more then I knew that were buying any of the first 3.

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

gameplay, MM had gameplay, AFM had gameplay, and MB is, well MB.

Fixed it for you.

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Fixed it for you.

That wasn't a dis on MM, it actually was a acknowledgment of its popularity and top of the heap status, but MB had game for a nineties Bally/Williams. You want to dis a 90's B/W, try BOP, and full disclosure, I own that one too.

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That wasn't a dis on MM, it actually was a acknowledgment of its popularity and top of the heap status, but MB had game for a nineties Bally/Williams. You want to dis a 90's B/W, try BOP, and full disclosure, I own that one too.

MB was the biggest disappointment of any game I’ve owned. Closely followed by TAF.

Bop was fun because it was brutal. And it’s iconic. But yeh, not really a keeper.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from stevegrisw:

Have you bought a new pin in GA? I use to buy from Greater Southern years ago when I had games on location. Just wanted to find a good distributor for possibly getting a Cactus Canyon or MM remake. Any dealers recommendations?

Call Jason at classic game rooms if you want local. He sells them all.

(470) 444-1395

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from stevegrisw:

I vote for Cointaker.. excellent communication. So easy to work with.

#332 2 years ago

There is a youtube video of the reveal for anyone interested. It is Ryan from CGC describing what they are working on but without any specifics of what CCR looks like.
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/21/cactus-canyon-remake-confirmed/

#333 2 years ago

There definitely hasn’t been tons of hype, but I think there’s plenty of buyers out there and it’ll do well for CGC. I contacted my distributor today to put my name down for one, and he said there’s A LOT of people on the list ahead of me. I think we’ll start seeing people being more vocal about their interest in the coming weeks when we can actually see the finished product and what the new code brings.

#334 2 years ago

It’s pretty clear that ANY game released by a manufacturer that has a reputation to actually produce ANYTHING at the moment has a long list of buyers.

#335 2 years ago

So when do we get to see it?
Pinball expo Oct 27th?

#336 2 years ago

Super pumped for CCr 2021
Currently sitting at position 48 in Pinside top 100
Some Classic CGC Remakes have made and are still in the top 10
CCr will enter this realm as well.
Next level CGC.

Gonna be awesome in so many ways !

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

Pinball expo Oct 27th?

Hopefully sooner!

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I vote for Cointaker.. excellent communication. So easy to work with.

Another pinhead in Ponte Vedra!?!?!?

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Super pumped for CCr 2021
Currently sitting at position 48 in Pinside top 100
Some Classic CGC Remakes have made and are still in the top 10
CCr will enter this realm as well.
Next level CGC.
Gonna be awesome in so many ways !

Yes, ccr will go to the top ten. Thus proving that the rating system is officially shit.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Another pinhead in Ponte Vedra!?!?!?

Lol…Well, I don’t golf.

#341 2 years ago

Super excited to see this one! All the other remakes have been top notch and expect this one will blow them away even more.

#342 2 years ago

I dunno, I’m concerned that they’re rushing it.

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from dog:

Pinball expo Oct 27th?

I'm sure they will be at Expo.

The recent seminar said 4 to 6 weeks. So we might have a lot of info and pictures before then.

LTG : )

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Not seeing how this is limited, as you can take the other thousands of MMRs and reproduce every single aspect of the RE.
I guess if the RE had special features not obtainable for other editions, like Radcals or a silk screened cabinets, or EL side art such as from Pingraffix, additional or improved mechs or extra figures, perhaps upgraded lockdown bar art like MBrLE, modified apron design, speaker panel upgrade, topper unique to the RE (the rest of us with another option), or an improved sound system, etc etc—unique and exclusive to the RE, then I’d agree. When the RE was announced, I was excited to see what they would do, and pleased with the results, but a little surprised they didn't work on the dragon, trolls and damsel a bit, and enhance some other things. Just imagine lighting up the castle, using a plexiglass backboard for lightning flashers, using an amplifier system and perhaps a topper speaker, and so forth. As it stands, I can duplicate every single thing on the RE, and probably will, for less, with extra features not included in it.
I've owned way too many MMs and MMrs the last 20 years...

Exactly -Well said. Pointing to a serial number as the only unique item is weak sauce.

I think hype will pick up once they show the new things especially the code and topper. So far they couldn’t have done a worse job revealing this.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sure they will be at Expo.
The recent seminar said 4 to 6 weeks. So we might have a lot of info and pictures before then.
LTG : )

That would be nice. I asked to be put on Cointakers list months ago based on the CC rumor. Lots of confidence in CGC. I really want them to make an outstanding game, but the wait is painful.

#346 2 years ago

PPS is taking names for CCR LE's - we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, as well as have a contractual allocation of games, so if you are on the list you will get a game (so long as CGC builds them of course!). If you are interested - send email to [email protected]

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

PPS is taking names for CCR LE's - we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, as well as have a contractual allocation of games, so if you are on the list you will get a game (so long as CGC builds them of course!). If you are interested - send email to [email protected]

Are you taking names for BBBr as well

#348 2 years ago

I hope the topper is a shooting gallery. Shoot little bb's at steel targets. Oh man would that be sweet

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Now that we have you, please can you fix your website so you can log in to your account properly or build a better website altogether? I often find what I want on your website as you have unique things, however, I am always on the fence because it is impossible to get proper service, there is no contact info, when I do send an email asking for help, I get half answers. In short, terrible customer service and shopping experience, with that in mind, I would not order or put myself on a list with your company.

EDIT: I spent some time on the phone with the owner of Planetary Pinball and he was able to sort out my issues with my account. That is appreciated. It seems that planetary pinball is understaffed and also very busy, therefore affecting answering times, etc.
All that to say, I appreciate the call I got from Rick. Now that I understand his operation a little better I realized I was just over reacting in my post.
For those of you that are reading this and are waiting for a response, I have been advised that the best way to reach them is by 'submitting a ticket' through the contact us page. You do not need to log in to do this.

Continue with your regular CC posts as usual, thanks!

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Now that we have you, please can you fix your website so you can log in to your account properly or build a better website altogether? I often find what I want on your website as you have unique things, however, I am always on the fence because it is impossible to get proper service, there is no contact info, when I do send an email asking for help, I get half answers. In short, terrible customer service and shopping experience, with that in mind, I would not order or put myself on a list with your company.

I would just like to add some constructive feedback of my own; when you call the contact number listed on the PPS website, you get dumped to a voicemail box that is full. That is a huge red flag.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.