(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 133.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from KingCat78:

Was the change in gears/motor done for all MMR's or just the latest run?

I'm not sure when it was implemented.

I've had the spare for tech support for quite sometime. Ryan sent it to me to go with the original one I had that I'd requested way back when.

LTG : )

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If you want modern game rules, go buy a modern game. The whole point of these remakes is to have classic B/W standards brand new in the box.

That may be the case for the first three games because they were basically complete and would have sold even without the nice LEDs and displays they added. Dropping down from the AFM, MM and MB, things move to the "B" tier games and there needs to be fixes for flaws like software and even more modern goodies added. Just look at the relative lack of excitement for this release compared to the previous releases. Once people see the modernization, software, fancy topper and the LE version; FOMO will set in and they will sell a decent amount.

#253 2 years ago

Can someone explain the FOMO on MMr royal edition? I would understand if it were truly limited but you’re Able to add the royal features to any mmr right? If so why would anyone pay that amount (17) for it?

Btw I owned it and the kids got bored of it in a week. I’ve always thought it was overrated - afmle all day but even that gets boring. The classics IMO struggle Bc they just don’t offer enough variety. I’m excited to see what the code updates look like in this one though. I just wish they would have done it to AFM as CC is not in the same league

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone explain the FOMO on MM royal edition? I would understand if it were truly limited but you’re Able to add the royal features to any mmr right? If so why would anyone pay that amount (17) for it?

Has anyone paid it yet?

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone explain the FOMO on MMr royal edition? I would understand if it were truly limited but you’re Able to add the royal features to any mmr right? If so why would anyone pay that amount (17) for it?

I have wondered this myself, just my own personal preference but for that kind of money I would buy an original MM and send it to HEP and have it restored, or you could buy two special editions for that price.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

but you’re Able to add the royal features to any mmr right?

Not easy. RGB lights in pop bumpers. And metal flake trim, lockdown bar, speaker panel, coin door, etc.

I don't recall if there is a sticker on the apron. And serial number to consider.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw I owned it and the kids got bored of it in a week. I’ve always thought it was overrated - afmle all day but even that gets boring. The classics IMO struggle Bc they just don’t offer enough variety. I’m excited to see what the code updates look like in this one though. I just wish they would have done it to AFM as CC is not in the same league

Agreed. While I Very much appreciated them offering the Royal kit it seemed like a bit of a sell out to the buyers of the actual Royal? With the kit and $225 in the same local powder coating my standard is a mirror copy. Any yes adding the 3 pop cap RGB lights is a minor challenge. Regardless a great game hands down!

#258 2 years ago

You can make anything look very similar however it will never be the exact same. Collectors look at everything when determining value. To me I wanted the Royal edition for the new electrical components. Earlier editions of MMRLE had some issues. Not all but I have run across a few. Playfield insert problems as well. I like new and factory. But that's just me. I do feel there is a difference between a classic or MMR LE to the Royal. Yes they will all play the same. CGC has gotten alot better making pinball machines throughout the years. They have learned alot and it shows with the constant innovation. New board system, New mech for drawbridge, Better playfields, they had cloudy inserts and I believe there was a misspelling on early run playfields as well. I had a classic completely decked out. I sold mine and upgraded to a Royal and since decked that one out as well.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

You can make anything look very similar however it will never be the exact same. Collectors look at everything when determining value. To me I wanted the Royal edition for the new electrical components. Earlier editions of MMRLE had some issues. Not all but I have run across a few. Playfield insert problems as well. I like new and factory. But that's just me. I do feel there is a difference between a classic or MMR LE to the Royal. Yes they will all play the same. CGC has gotten alot better making pinball machines throughout the years. They have learned alot and it shows with the constant innovation. New board system, New mech for drawbridge, Better playfields, they had cloudy inserts and I believe there was a misspelling on early run playfields as well. I had a classic completely decked out. I sold mine and upgraded to a Royal and since decked that one out as well.

No two pins are exactly the same, but you can literally modify a classic edition all the way to the same thing as a Royal: topper, powdercoat, lcd conversion, rgb conversion, modify pops and speakers to rgb, mirror blades if you want. I’m with @Concretehardt, at that price a HEP restored MM is much more appealing. But I’ll definitely take a classic or special edition when they are out again!

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I don't like the music at all. Hope they address that.

Yep. It stinks and those call outs just like in SS and MM etc. will become unbearable in a very short amount of time. It was fun pin to play in the 90's at the local arcade or pool hall ext. for the house? no thanks.

#261 2 years ago

The board is different ****
The mech has been updated. ****
Speaker lights Interactive in kit (no) ****
Powder coat (cost) yes
Rgb playfied lights (cost) yes
Topper (cost) yes
Wide screen lcd (cost) yes
Color kit (cost) yes

The same can be said with many titles. Can you make an Adam's family into a Adam's family Gold? Kind of but it will not have the same collect ability.

Mind you I was super happy with my loaded classic and it looked and played amazing! They are all great versions that play the same.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Speaker lights Interactive in kit (no) ****

You can actually pretty easily make the speaker kit rgb for the MMr and spoiler alert you can also install it into an AFMr CE and have the big screen and full RGB speaker lights too.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well.. CGC confirmed in that CCr reveal video that there were only 378 royals made. Its serialized. People are paying to have one of those 378, so yes it is truly limited in that sense.

#264 2 years ago

Any update on new o/s ,
Is it Heckanator ?
Was gonna call it Heckenberg, but I dunno ?
Hopefully Ben has a TM on his o/s to share.
If the system is not Heck or P3 has CGC gone own O/S ?

Understand many don't care as long as the pin is awesome
I find new O/S fascinating from a technical perspective and I appreciate any tech advances including BT, Wifi, reliability, serviceability and energy efficiency.
Go well CGC

#265 2 years ago

The original CC had numbered plaques, although not delivered with the machines and many lost.
Wonder if the CCrLE will come with a numbered plaque?
This would make it a true LE.
Numbers kicking off from 904, where the original finished

#266 2 years ago

I think the success will all depend on the code changes. I like the game with CCC but still don’t see interest/demand being anywhere near the levels of MMr and AFMr

#267 2 years ago

I remember when MMr was first announced. My first thought was they'll do the big 4 first...MM, AFM, MB, and CC, and that it would be interesting to see what they do after that.

I'm grateful they have done this because it has given so many a chance to play/own these games.

I'm hoping the challenges associated with fInishing the code on CC leads to them fleshing out games like CV, TOM, etc...

Of course I'm also looking forward to new original games they might make, but I hope they keep remaking games...they do such a great job with them.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone explain the FOMO on MMr royal edition?

The thing I don’t understand the most about the MMrre is the black trim. Why black? Goes with anything? Cheap? A deep dark purple would be what I would have expected matching the playfield and being a color of Royal Lor.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The thing I don’t understand the most about the MMrre is the black trim. Why black? Goes with anything? Cheap? A deep dark purple would be what I would have expected matching the playfield and being a color of Royal Lor.

I agree with this. The black isn’t bad but was hoping for a blue or purple as well.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That may be the case for the first three games because they were basically complete and would have sold even without the nice LEDs and displays they added. Dropping down from the AFM, MM and MB, things move to the "B" tier games and there needs to be fixes for flaws like software and even more modern goodies added. Just look at the relative lack of excitement for this release compared to the previous releases. Once people see the modernization, software, fancy topper and the LE version; FOMO will set in and they will sell a decent amount.

You can only go so far with add-ons. Once you start changing the game I think you need to be careful. CC definitely needs work in code and customers demanded it. If they can create a better complete feeling game and still make it feel like it came out of the 90's, that's a win. If they completely change the code and make it like a modern game where there are non stop mb's, tons of modes, and unobtainable wizard modes that's a fail. Maybe that's just me.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I can't speak for the powder coat on the RE because I've never seen one in person buy when I put my OG MM in a new cabinet with Radcals I used black with metal flake trim because it's what I thought would look best and I think it's stunning in person. I've never liked the mustard gold and purple is just too much IMO as there's enough of it in the game. If you really look at the cabinet artwork black goes along perfectly with it.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:I can't speak for the powder coat on the RE because I've never seen one in person buy when I put my OG MM in a new cabinet with Radcals I used black with metal flake trim because it's what I thought would look best and I think it's stunning in person. I've never liked the mustard gold and purple is just too much IMO as there's enough of it in the game. If you really look at the cabinet artwork black goes along perfectly with it.

If I get one more blue or purple powder coated game in my lineup I will go crazy. Lol

Black was the win in my opinion on this title.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Well.. CGC confirmed in that CCr reveal video that there were only 378 royals made. Its serialized. People are paying to have one of those 378, so yes it is truly limited in that sense.

OK. I'm not sure though it even has a plaque to signify that though which is weird. I looked for it when I had a royale and was disappointed to not find that number or something to call it out. I think there might be a card on the apron? But it might just say royale.

#274 2 years ago

I've said it before but if I was CGC, I'd be making small batches of previous games in between runs of new games just to keep the factory going and because they would sell easily. I know the covid and parts shortages didn't make that possible, but going forward I would certainly make batches of 50-100 MMr, MBr and AFMr as filler. Anything but LEs should be on the table including Royal since it appears they never said it was limited.

#275 2 years ago

I had a CCC Extended Edition that I sold 4 years ago only because the guy wanting it really, really wanted it and after the third offer I said yes. I was going to keep it as I truly enjoyed the western theme and the Continued and Extended material.

This is what it looked like: Special Collectors Edition #209 of 925. Clearcoated playfield. New cabinet decals. Plastic and hole protections. Modded with Cactus Canyon Continued including Gaming Station Extended Deluxe Edition, PC controlled by Scott Danesi's brilliant Power Controller, Color DMD Kit, Beer Mug Mod, CvA Strobe Kit, Bad Guys decals, Amber Cabinet Light Mod, Ball Trough Magnetic Jam Protector, Flipper Fidelity Speaker System with Subwoofer, Audio Kit (real stereo sounds), Shaker Kit, green Super-Bands flipper and sleeves rubber, red LED-strips in Saloon, blue LED-strip in Mine, 4 Mirror-Glazed pinballs, PDI Optical anti-glare playfield glass.

With all of the above installed, it was truly a great and long lasting machine that everyone enjoyed playing.

If the CCr comes close to this and even have the missing saloon doors from the prototype blueprints and an upgraded train (the original train is just super boring and add nothing to the gameplay), you should be really happy with it.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK. I'm not sure though it even has a plaque to signify that though which is weird. I looked for it when I had a royale and was disappointed to not find that number or something to call it out. I think there might be a card on the apron? But it might just say royale.

You're right, no plaque.. it is weird because even AFM has a sticker. They shouldve done a plaque to signify how limited it is x of 378. Total missed opportunity there.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

You're right, no plaque.. it is weird because even AFM has a sticker. They shouldve done a plaque to signify how limited it is x of 378. Total missed opportunity there.

I think they didn't do a plaque because it might piss off the people who already purchased the LE a few years earlier since that was supposed to be the collectible. I also think that is why they offered the features from the royal to be purchased by those that bought the remake prior to the royal. They knew the royal would be more sought after than the LE. But the Royal is numbered on the back of the machine with the serial number sticker they put on the machines.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd be making small batches of previous games in between runs of new games just to keep the factory going

Shutting down the line. Getting everything in order like story boards, parts, training employees about changes, etc. etc. Might not keep it going.

If it isn't being done, there is probably a good reason.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shutting down the line. Getting everything in order like story boards, parts, training employees about changes, etc. etc. Might not keep it going.
If it isn't being done, there is probably a good reason.

c'mon pinball is easy

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

c'mon pinball is easy

Drat. Sorry I forgot. Coffee hasn't taken effect yet.

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It’s essentially the serial number.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I think they didn't do a plaque because it might piss off the people who already purchased the LE a few years earlier since that was supposed to be the collectible.

I think they didn't do a plaque because it is not limited. Simple. I bet they will make another run some day sooner than later.

#283 2 years ago

I just read about the original plans for the saloon doors in front of Bart. I really hope they do that...it would add a nice dimension to the game, as well as perfect theme integration.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I just read about the original plans for the saloon doors in front of Bart. I really hope they do that...it would add a nice dimension to the game, as well as perfect theme integration.

Yes it would be great. What article did you read?
Thanks!

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Anyone have pics of the original saloon doors that were planned for the game?

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I think they didn't do a plaque because it is not limited. Simple. I bet they will make another run some day sooner than later.

378 royal editions. No more royals will ever get made. Seems pretty limited to me.

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Anyone have pics of the original saloon doors that were planned for the game?

57E649DF-2B67-469E-9D1C-A1EA57FAE28B (resized).jpeg57E649DF-2B67-469E-9D1C-A1EA57FAE28B (resized).jpeg
#288 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

[quoted image]

Nice! Any more pics from this time frame?

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

378 royal editions. No more royals will ever get made. Seems pretty limited to me.

Not seeing how this is limited, as you can take the other thousands of MMRs and reproduce every single aspect of the RE.

I guess if the RE had special features not obtainable for other editions, like Radcals or a silk screened cabinets, or EL side art such as from Pingraffix, additional or improved mechs or extra figures, perhaps upgraded lockdown bar art like MBrLE, modified apron design, speaker panel upgrade, topper unique to the RE (the rest of us with another option), or an improved sound system, etc etc—unique and exclusive to the RE, then I’d agree. When the RE was announced, I was excited to see what they would do, and pleased with the results, but a little surprised they didn't work on the dragon, trolls and damsel a bit, and enhance some other things. Just imagine lighting up the castle, using a plexiglass backboard for lightning flashers, using an amplifier system and perhaps a topper speaker, and so forth. As it stands, I can duplicate every single thing on the RE, and probably will, for less, with extra features not included in it.
I've owned way too many MMs and MMrs the last 20 years...

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Yes it would be great. What article did you read?
Thanks!

It was a post on pinside that mentioned it.

#291 2 years ago

I heard the drop Targets were illuminated pre production?

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

That would be cool as well.

#293 2 years ago

That would be cool.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Not seeing how this is limited, as you can take the other thousands of MMRs and reproduce every single aspect of the RE.
I guess if the RE had special features not obtainable for other editions, like Radcals or a silk screened cabinets, or EL side art such as from Pingraffix, additional or improved mechs or extra figures, perhaps upgraded lockdown bar art like MBrLE, modified apron design, speaker panel upgrade, topper unique to the RE (the rest of us with another option), or an improved sound system, etc etc—unique and exclusive to the RE, then I’d agree. When the RE was announced, I was excited to see what they would do, and pleased with the results, but a little surprised they didn't work on the dragon, trolls and damsel a bit, and enhance some other things. Just imagine lighting up the castle, using a plexiglass backboard for lightning flashers, using an amplifier system and perhaps a topper speaker, and so forth. As it stands, I can duplicate every single thing on the RE, and probably will, for less, with extra features not included in it.
I've owned way too many MMs and MMrs the last 20 years...

The RE does have a special feature not obtainable for other editions, its called a serial number. 378 serialized RE's left the factory. Zero more are being created. Thats how limited editions work.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

The RE does have a special feature not obtainable for other editions, its called a serial number. 378 serialized RE's left the factory. Zero more are being created. Thats how limited editions work.

But the RE is not a limited edition.. Only the limited edition was limited to a finite number never to be exceeded (see the plaque on the apron 1 of 1000) The RE was a special run that CGC “says” they won’t run again, but there is nothing saying they couldn’t run more of them. I know for a fact that certain people at CGC had told more than just me in the last year that they had no plans to ever run medieval Madness (classic, special or royal) again and now they come out and say they are going to run more, so never say never on the RE. If there is money to be made there is no reason for them not to make it.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Original run MMr also had 1000 units of limited edition, and yet we have Royal edition (noted not limited edition). We probably see emperor or dragon editions in the future. You see how the “limited edition” works?

#297 2 years ago

That's correct. They had problems with them breaking.

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

But the RE is not a limited edition.. Only the limited edition was limited to a finite number never to be exceeded (see the plaque on the apron 1 of 1000) The RE was a special run that CGC “says” they won’t run again, but there is nothing saying they couldn’t run more of them. I know for a fact that certain people at CGC had told more than just me in the last year that they had no plans to ever run medieval Madness again and now they come out and say they are going to run more, so never say never on the RE. If there is money to be made there is no reason for them not to make it.

I hear you however the CGC dude specifically says @ 8:35 mark on this video that there wont ever be any more RE's made - if thats true then this edition is capped and is limited to the 378. Now if CGC goes back and makes more RE's then I stand corrected.

Anyways, back on topic -- I am excited for CCr, this game looks like a lot of fun.

#299 2 years ago

I came here for CCr updates.

#300 2 years ago

I'm going to try to get a CCr LE. If I'm lucky I guess. I wouldn't pay anything over MSRP for a NIB game. Always liked playing CC. Huge fan of the shootout modes. But as the original is buggy, this will be the first remake I think I'd actually prefer over the original. Never played a continued though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 210.00
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/6?hl=linkboy74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.