(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 133.
#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Generously adding the mirrored backglass to the LE package would certainly make the LE a more complete game.

Until others can buy it then we are back to the Pinside complaint battle. With all things considered, I think its actually Awesome that the only flame war CGC got out of this is that buyers can't buy More! Well done CGC and team!!! Kick ass game and hope for Many more of the same Quality in the future.

#3352 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

If you have zero interest; why are you here commenting ? go to another thread that interests you ! I'm sorry to hear you have no legs

It seems the only thing that interests guys like you are the words "collectable" and "topper". It's sad and laughable at the same time.

Fact is people have been AVOIDING this game when they see it in an arcade for the last TWENTY years. And when they DO bother to play it they always say the same thing... "blah cab art, typical WMS cartoony PF, not much gameplay, no memorable shots,etc"... and they were/are RIGHT.

But now that it comes with a cutesy plastic "topper" (that must cost Churchill less than $200) it's a GOTTA HAVE!!! Oh and it's "collectable"!.

The code while cleaned up doesn't sound like it has changed much so that means you'll be bored of it in a week. Unless you're easily entertained. But heck it may go up in value... this title alone seems to prove that is the MAIN concern around pinball these days. To be fair EVERY hobby is now plagued by the of curse of FOMO and hopes for a big return.

Only bright spot I see is if Lyman redoes the game. At that point it may be worth checking out or playing on location again.

Honestly I try to ignore the comments that "new pinball fans" are a bunch of entitled douches but a lot of this thread seems to support that view.

There's even somebody claiming to be a "Dr." so insecure that he tries to brag about buying a whole (4) machines this year and then expects, no DEMANDS extra respect and attention! You just can't make this kind of shit up... ridiculous.

But entertaining I must confess

#3353 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You two should consider getting a room to wrestle it out lol.

Funny.

#3354 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

I guess decades of not being able to buy the games that more successful people have would do that to a guy.

Oh man, I gotta quote this for posterity hahahaha

EDIT: I'd almost take a pic or two, but I enjoy your cluelessness hahaha

STILL never answered my question... Perhaps we can discuss during the wrestling?

Quoted from Yelobird:

You two should consider getting a room to wrestle it out lol.

I'll bring the oil!

#3355 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Until others can buy it then we are back to the Pinside complaint battle. With all things considered, I think its actually Awesome that the only flame war CGC got out of this is that buyers can't buy More! Well done CGC and team!!! Kick ass game and hope for Many more of the same Quality in the future.

Yeah they've proven that they sure know their market alright. They could sell snow cones at the North Pole. You gotta admire that.

BTW... as you're a salesman and depend on other's goodwill in the biz... are there any recent titles that you would describe as NOT "kick ass"?

Because unless Lyman's already done the code "kick ass" is not the way I'd describe CC. Pleasant to look at and play, brings back WMS memories, etc... but "kick ass"?? C'mon...

#3356 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have to totally agree.

People complaining that they cant spend their money fast enough, is a dream come true for any company!

If they would have capped the SE+ models at 1500 units, they probably would have made another instant $14M

Great job Rick and Doug!

#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It seems the only thing that interests guys like you are the words "collectable" and "topper". It's sad and laughable at the same time.
Fact is people have been AVOIDING this game when they see it in an arcade for the last TWENTY years. And when they DO bother to play it they always say the same thing... "blah cab art, typical WMS cartoony PF, not much gameplay, no memorable shots,etc"... and they were/are RIGHT.
But now that it comes with a cutesy plastic "topper" (that must cost Churchill less than $200) it's a GOTTA HAVE!!! Oh and it's "collectable"!.
The code while cleaned up doesn't sound like it has changed much so that means you'll be bored of it in a week. Unless you're easily entertained. But heck it may go up in value... this title alone seems to prove that is the MAIN concern around pinball these days. To be fair EVERY hobby is now plagued by the of curse of FOMO and hopes for a big return.
Only bright spot I see is if Lyman redoes the game. At that point it may be worth checking out or playing on location again.
Honestly I try to ignore the comments that "new pinball fans" are a bunch of entitled douches but a lot of this thread seems to support that view.
There's even somebody claiming to be a "Dr." so insecure that he tries to brag about buying a whole (4) machines this year and then expects, no DEMANDS extra respect and attention! You just can't make this kind of shit up... ridiculous.
But entertaining I must confess
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9c4aaaf6c6159d8b2f3499a4dde22a69b90d7ac4-1636318099-1800"};
//]]>

No, your wrong, you miss the whole argument. CGC IMO should make 1 fully loaded game available for a purchase window of approx 3 months for anyone and everyone, after that time elapses, then the game itself become collectable; not an edition of the game. Manufactures have created this customer dissatisfaction by creating variations of the game & / or moving the goal posts. Its sad to see all of us passionate pinball fans arguing. I think a window of purchase opportunity will slightly discourage the scalpers also.

#3358 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah they've proven that they sure know their market alright. They could sell snow cones at the North Pole. You gotta admire that.
BTW... as you're a salesman and depend on other's goodwill in the biz... are there any recent titles that you would describe as NOT "kick ass"?
Because unless Lyman's already done the code "kick ass" is not the way I'd describe CC. Pleasant to look at and play, brings back WMS memories, etc... but "kick ass"?? C'mon...

There are many games I don't enjoy but as that is My and my families preferrence I reframe from cramming my opinion down other peoples throats to agree with me. All pinball is fun its just depends on what your expectations are plus its an Individual interest not a Team interest. As for CCr, we played it MANY times at both Expo and MGC and my wife and I both loved it. Kick ass even! Doesn't mean you'll like it but also doesn't mean I don't. We played many games at MGC and CC was the only game my wife asked "you got this one I hope" so thats the only second opinion I need. I will say this though, Anyone judging this game or the work of CGC based solely on the past unfinished product is really missing out to not give this game another look.

#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

CGC is a good company.

I know I gave them grief at the very beginning over their flippers not being fliptronic, but they did improve them and I can't complain about anything they've done since. They make well built games with nice enhancements to the original lighting and excellent toppers, and they've surprised us with lower than expected prices multiple times. They're also thoughtful when they respond to their customers. I still prefer originals but am definitely interested in a CCr with Lyman code.

#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There are many games I don't enjoy but as that is My and my families preferrence I reframe from cramming my opinion down other peoples throats to agree with me. All pinball is fun its just depends on what your expectations are plus its an Individual interest not a Team interest. As for CCr, we played it MANY times at both Expo and MGC and my wife and I both loved it. Kick ass even! Doesn't mean you'll like it but also doesn't mean I don't. We played many games at MGC and CC was the only game my wife asked "you got this one I hope" so thats the only second opinion I need. I will say this though, Anyone judging this game or the work of CGC based solely on the past unfinished product is really missing out to not give this game another look.

Ahh the family and wife answer! Very good my friend. You may have a bright future in politics

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

CGC is a good company.
I know I gave them grief at the very beginning over their flippers not being fliptronic, but they did improve them and I can't complain about anything they've done since. They make well built games with nice enhancements to the original lighting and excellent toppers, and they've surprised us with lower than expected prices multiple times. They're also thoughtful when they respond to their customers. I still prefer originals but am definitely interested in a CCr with Lyman code.

Hey sometimes I'm NOT being sarcastic. Hard to tell I know.

#3362 2 years ago

I can't even tell what the arguments are about anymore...

Guess it's time to move on from this thread - can't wait to get my LE, happy more people have to option to get that super cool topper, and I will check you all out again when it arrives...

#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I can't even tell what the arguments are about anymore..

you are not alone!

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Fact is people have been AVOIDING this game when they see it in an arcade for the last TWENTY years. And when they DO bother to play it they always say the same thing... "blah cab art, typical WMS cartoony PF, not much gameplay, no memorable shots,etc.

True to some extent, but primarily because of the unfinished code. Relatively few have never played an original. It wasn’t out there like MM and AFM. But many interested in the remake just see it as a fun new game - Cactus Canyon Reimagined not simply Cactus Canyon Remade.

The topper was a nice surprise but the key for me is CCr will have the original code, enhanced finished code in the spirit of what the original team intended and apparently another code option sometime down the road. That changed the dynamic for me; I wouldn’t have ordered a remake if it was only going to have the original code.

#3365 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey sometimes I'm NOT being sarcastic. Hard to tell I know.

Yeah I didn't think you were, I agree with you, good salesmanship as well

#3366 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I can't even tell what the arguments are about anymore...

in the not-so-distant future, long after the human race has exhausted itself and disappeared altogether, an alien race will descend upon earth expecting to find life, but there will be none. and when they question what happened to the otherwise thriving race of beings that once inhabited this small planet, they will have to look no further than this and several other threads on this forum, to find the definitive answer.

#3367 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I wouldn’t have ordered a remake if it was only going to have the original code.

I think that goes for most of us. well, maybe not the flippers

#3368 2 years ago

#3369 2 years ago

I first played this game at the Pinball Hall Of Fame In Vegas and had a ball.

I attempted to purchase the LE, but the LE sold out in seconds, so I purchased a Godzilla Premium instead.

That’s all.

#3370 2 years ago

Can't wait for my CC SE with topper

#3371 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

in the not-so-distant future, long after the human race has exhausted itself and disappeared altogether, an alien race will descend upon earth expecting to find life, but there will be none. and when they question what happened to the otherwise thriving race of beings that once inhabited this small planet, they will have to look no further than this and several other threads on this forum, to find the definitive answer.

The remains of an entire race of sentient beings turning to dust in the bottom of one Cactus Canyon…?
A fitting end indeed

#3372 2 years ago

I think I still would have gotten it without the Lyman code coming down the road. I have always loved John's art package on CC and the humor in the game and call outs are awesome. It plays just fine. I'm not a great player and have a decent sized collection, so I don't think it would get old.

I need to put topper gate behind me and just focus on why I got it in the first place.

Happy upcoming Monday with daylight savings everyone!!

#3373 2 years ago

Are the rules posted somewhere yet?

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Already put a deposit on an SE because I though I'd never get an LE (waited 10 days) ... well just heard from another distributor that an LE slot has opened up for me and I have a day to decide before they move down the list to the next guy. I have no interest in the SE+ and I'm pretty sure I'll be satisfied with just the SE so I may let this LE slide to the next guy, but I really need to think about this.

Wow! Hope it's because You have no room for a topper???

#3375 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Are the rules posted somewhere yet?

Good question. I don’t believe so for the current finished code.

Quoted from pinghetto:

I think I still would have gotten it without the Lyman code coming down the road. I have always loved John's art package on CC and the humor in the game and call outs are awesome. It plays just fine. I'm not a great player and have a decent sized collection, so I don't think it would get old.
I need to put topper gate behind me and just focus on why I got it in the first place.

I was in before the Lyman code as well (thankful for the finished code) - But I will be buying the Lyman code for sure!

#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Decent collection? Seems you have a dream setup for sure and CC will be a fitting addition. (Topless or not)

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Decent collection? Seems you have a dream setup for sure and CC will be a fitting addition. (Topless or not)

Yeah. I was very fortunate to get into the hobby early on and build a collection out of route rats. I got those fixed up and kept tweaking my collection. I can't imagine getting into pinball collecting now. It's crazy.

#3378 2 years ago

The SE+ buyers should be asking for the shaker motor to be added to get the full gameplay experience, I imagine the shaker motor is actioned with gunshots also during the mini game ?

#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

True to some extent, but primarily because of the unfinished code. Relatively few have never played an original

Non-sense. The game was avg and notable more for it's position in WMS history then the actual game - and it's not because of the incomplete code.

The big question is what will Lyman do with it. Because it's a pretty avg WPC game on it's own. The CGC additions are welcome and the new dots look great.. but at it's core it was still the 'just another shoot each shot 3 times' late WPC game. The quickdraw/shootout standups are its only standout.

#3380 2 years ago

I’m sure glad I have this game on The Pinball Arcade. Don’t need to face dilemmas like Mirrored Backglass, Toppers, and Wooden aprons. And it was $5

#3381 2 years ago

The SE+ buyers should be asking for the shaker motor to be added to get the full gameplay experience

Now your just stirring the pot .

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sooo, are you in then? Seemed pretty clear you had no interest in this product nor the market interest for these to sell? Seems they did a pretty good job from what the interest is showing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well I'll help u with your english....first they finished the original code, and then hey hired Lyman to do another version of the game. If u don't think that had an impact than you've been drinking too much this weekend.

#3383 2 years ago

This thread sours me to the whole LE scam and reminds me why I only buy premium’s now. Fuck the FOMO LOCO bullshit hype insanity. I just want to play pinball.

#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This thread sours me to the whole LE scam and reminds me why I only buy premium’s now. Fuck the FOMO LOCO bullshit hype insanity. I just want to play pinball.

Try to soften your words please, this isnt an adults only forum.

#3385 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Try to soften your words please, this isnt an adults only form.

Is this softer?
FUCK this FUCKING FOMO LOCO LE BULLSHIT scam.

#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Oh man, I gotta quote this for posterity hahahaha
EDIT: I'd almost take a pic or two, but I enjoy your cluelessness hahaha
STILL never answered my question... Perhaps we can discuss during the wrestling?

I'll bring the oil!

I’LL BRING THE FRUIT!

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The game was avg and notable more for it's position in WMS history then the actual game - and it's not because of the incomplete code.

The big question is what will Lyman do with it. Because it's a pretty avg WPC game on it's own. The CGC additions are welcome and the new dots look great.. but at it's core it was still the 'just another shoot each shot 3 times' late WPC game. The quickdraw/shootout standups are its only standout.

Chicago Gaming has done well so far with ‘just another shoot each shot 3 times’ games.

Your experience is obviously different than mine. What I always heard was how much better the game could have been. And the popularity boost the game got with CCC seems to support that. Early on when the remake was an early rumor many said they were interested in CCr only if it had CCC.

CC obviously was never as popular as the first three. Would that have been the case if more had an opportunity to play and there was more to the code? Who knows. The QuickDraw/shootout targets are one of my favorite playfield features so that’s a big draw and its’ relevance to pinball history is as well.

I agree the big question now is what Lyman will do. But anything he does will just be a (terrific) bonus for me.

#3388 2 years ago

This thread needs more love.

93430f68a1c8a23d567249220e93313ae10f92bf (resized).jpg93430f68a1c8a23d567249220e93313ae10f92bf (resized).jpg
#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

This thread needs more love.
[quoted image]

Love…DEEZ NUTS!

(I heard the locals sayin’ it.)

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Can't wait for my CC SE with topper

i for one will NOT be able to find any joy in my LE, knowing that people like you are out there. hopefully there's legislation that prohibits the use of toppers on lesser model machines, so i can get back to polishing mine with pride.

#3391 2 years ago

Put a LE number on that! LMAO

Good one!!

#3392 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I’m sure glad I have this game on The Pinball Arcade. Don’t need to face dilemmas like Mirrored Backglass, Toppers, and Wooden aprons. And it was $5

How long did you leave it in a file (box)?

#3393 2 years ago

Personally while the topper looks great and seems cool. I however am not a fan of video modes of which this seems to be a glorified version of. It break flow feel to much for me. Always thought this with hs2 and afm.

Anyhow I am curious this machine is my first NIB are these drop shipped from factory, do they go to your dealer first, how is freight paid, anyone have worries about the recent increase almost doubling of some logistics companies this past week?

Hope everyone enjoys there machine whatever model it may be.

#3394 2 years ago

Let me get this right. According to CGI, I can now purchase a version of CCR that is basically an LE minus the sculpted mine cart and tracks, minus the sculpted train tracks, minus the gunslinger lower arch, minus the serial number medallion, minus the art blades, minus the shaker motor, plus a warranty period that is cut in half… FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE LE? That’s pretty bad.

#3395 2 years ago

The SE+ buyers should be asking for the shaker motor to be added to get the full gameplay experience, I imagine the shaker motor is actioned with gunshots also during the mini game

Or, just spend the $150 and add it in themselves

#3396 2 years ago

I figured cgc offering the topper to all would make everyone happy to some extent. They priced it well under what the majority of the market would (probably) tolerate.

The LE buyers should be saying "what a smokin' deal I got."

The SE+ buyers should be stoked that cgc broke the mold of prior runs where the topper was only available for the LE.

#3397 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

CC obviously was never as popular as the first three. Would that have been the case if more had an opportunity to play and there was more to the code? Who knows.

Hrmmm… if only we had say… 20 years of playing it to find out. Oh wait… we have.

The game has been available in major collections and shows for decades. Its been in good digital form forever as well.

CCC was very popular and did a heck of a lot more than just complete the game. It brought color display (colordmd was still new at the time and years away for CC), new modes, and multiple new multiballs. People were enthusiastic about CCC as its own thing, and why it was always at the forefront of every CCr discussion. People wanted the game eric created… not just ‘a finished CC’. And not surprisingly… CGC is also investing in not just finishing CC but doing more.

It’s not that great of a game on its own. But i am sure the toy crew will go mad with it. The train upgrades CGC did are great though and handle one of the most obvious needs.

I mean… people were finishing the game the first time they played the show games…. Its not super complex.

Play it digitally if you never have

#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Let me get this right. According to CGI, I can now purchase a version of CCR that is basically an LE minus the sculpted mine cart and tracks, minus the sculpted train tracks, minus the gunslinger lower arch, minus the serial number medallion, minus the art blades, minus the shaker motor, plus a warranty period that is cut in half… FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE LE? That’s pretty bad.

Yep! They screwed everyone and lots of them are pretty happy about it. I’m in for an LE and got screwed. SEPlus owners are getting boned even harder as well. CGC was like ok how do we bone everyone and make them think we care? Let’s add a topper and charge the same for the le so the le people don’t drop there orders and se people will all upgrade right now because well they have to if they want the topper. It won’t be sold separate. Boned!

#3399 2 years ago

Hi I’m Alex and I’m an addict. I like having pineapples shoved up my a$$.

#3400 2 years ago

Cary Hardy just did video on this mess. Spot on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/68?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.