(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 133.
#3251 2 years ago

3250 posts. I just calculated it.....

3200 posts = Topper
25 posts = Backglass
25 posts = Everything else

#3252 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

3250 posts. I just calculated it.....
3200 posts = Topper
25 posts = Backglass
25 posts = Everything else

TO be specific:

3200 posts = topper
25 posts = mirrored back glass
25 posts = pineapple

#3253 2 years ago

there’s at least 25 posts bitching about the topper and backglass posts

#3254 2 years ago
Quoted from BossaNova:

I’m going to have to figure out a place for this on the playfield so I can always remember this thread
[quoted image]

That's one good looking pineapple.

#3255 2 years ago

This thread pretty much sucks.
I have an LE lined up with my distributor. i didn't have to spend $60k on pinball last year, and didn't save any lives either. Fucking ego's need to be checked at the damn door.

#3256 2 years ago

Who does those outrageous Hitler videos
A good one is needed for this thread !

#3257 2 years ago

LE buyers: Spencer Sheehan is willing to pursuit a class action suit on behalf of all of us. He really thinks we’ve got a hell of a case. And he doesn’t care that you didn’t spend 60K on pinball or saved any lives this past year. In fact, he may be willing to work a little harder if you took some lives.

He currently represents me in our case against Kellog’s Pop Tarts - https://www.npr.org/2021/10/30/1050175655/strawberry-pop-tarts-lawyer-spencer-sheehan-vanilla-lime-food-beverage

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball

Mirrored backglass is all I thought was missing from an LE. Great news.
What about those of us who purchased from official EU dealers? How would we be able to obtain one? Only ships Within the US? Direct to our home address abroad? Through the dealer in Europe? Thanks

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

LE buyers: Spencer Sheehan is willing to pursuit a class action suit on behalf of all of us. He really thinks we’ve got a hell of a case. And he doesn’t care that you didn’t spend 60K on pinball or save any lives this past year. In fact, he may be willing to work a little harder if you took some lives.
He currently represents me in our case against Kellog’s Pop Tarts - https://www.npr.org/2021/10/30/1050175655/strawberry-pop-tarts-lawyer-spencer-sheehan-vanilla-lime-food-beverage

This is the dumbest post I've ever seen on this website, and that's saying something.

#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Mirrored backglass is all I thought was missing from an LE. Great news.
What about those of us who purchased from official EU dealers? How would we be able to obtain one? Only ships Within the US? Direct to our home address abroad? Through the dealer in Europe? Thanks

That's awesome, didn't see that post. Anyone have an idea how much it will cost?

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

I appreciate Rick’s responsiveness in opening mirrored backglass sales to all CCr customers.
We are having discussions with all dealers regarding a loyalty program that would provide existing remake customers an opportunity order future games before they are offered to the general public.

Would this include us guys outside the states purchasing from authorized dealers in Europe?
Thanks doug

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball

So cool!

#3263 2 years ago

There’s a brewery in Newcastle Australia that does a Pineapple sour beer, it’s tasty. So you can always look at the beer on the playfield as being a Pineapple Sour

#3264 2 years ago

man, did this company just shoot itself in the foot or what? I predict half future sales. I'm out and several buddy's that own bars just said out! resale was everything. OUT buy second hand when it coms along.

#3265 2 years ago
E67F003B-190B-4A6C-83A4-10B4F3592405 (resized).jpegE67F003B-190B-4A6C-83A4-10B4F3592405 (resized).jpeg
#3266 2 years ago

the first run of the stainless stell grills will be ready to ship in dez.

deadline for pre-order is today

tom

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from BossaNova:

I’m going to have to figure out a place for this on the playfield so I can always remember this thread
[quoted image]

THANK YOU! Somebody gets it! Although abut small for others tastes I’m sure. I’m gluing mine to mine cart on pf.

#3268 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

LE buyers: Spencer Sheehan is willing to pursuit a class action suit on behalf of all of us. He really thinks we’ve got a hell of a case. And he doesn’t care that you didn’t spend 60K on pinball or save any lives this past year. In fact, he may be willing to work a little harder if you took some lives.

Hey when they start skimping on the Strawberry paste on Pop Tarts, there’s only so far they can go and that’s crossing the line

#3269 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

man, did this company just shoot itself in the foot or what? I predict half future sales. I'm out and several buddy's that own bars just said out! resale was everything. OUT buy second hand when it coms along.

Not sure, my two buddies who purchased Godzilla Premiums while waiting out the situation with the topper, each just ordered an SE with topper. And I can guarantee that CGC will sell 3 top of the line TOTANs should they decide to make that game.

#3270 2 years ago

I do not believe that this will cause any appreciable loss of sales. If anything, the LE’s will continue to be sold out and more se+ will be sold.

Quoted from Mike_J:

Not sure, my two buddies who purchased Godzilla Premiums while waiting out the situation with the topper, each just ordered an SE with topper. And I can guarantee that CGC will sell 3 top of the line TOTANs should they decide to make that game.

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I do not believe that this will cause any appreciable loss of sales. If anything, the LE’s will continue to be sold out and more se+ will be sold.

Agree, it’s not going to make any difference.

#3272 2 years ago

SE+ with shaker motor, add your own black mirror blades; I’m on an LE; but shit Ide be happy with that combo, and you’ll likely get an SE+ Months before the LE’s

#3273 2 years ago

CGC did good with the SE+, now everyone that want that topper can get one. The LE buyers still have better stuff for the same money so they should be happy too (the few sour pineapples that don't want to see other people getting the topper are selfish people).

After this whole CCr debacle I hope CGC learned their lesson for future games and stops with this different model crap though. Release one model with all bells and whistles and make a large number of them so most that want one can get it (ie several housands). I know this won't happen but one can always dream, right?

#3274 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

[quoted image]

Missing .... Delete your Pinside account

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

CGC did good with the SE+, now everyone that want that topper can get one. The LE buyers still have better stuff for the same money so they should be happy too (the few sour pineapples that don't want to see other people getting the topper are selfish people).
After this whole CCr debacle I hope CGC learned their lesson for future games and stops with this different model crap though. Release one model with all bells and whistles and make a large number of them so most that want one can get it (ie several housands). I know this won't happen but one can always dream, right?

I don't think it would have sold as quickly without the FOMO personally ... The LEs and extra exclusive items create the fomo .. then those who missed out still want the game . Could be wrong .

#3276 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I don't think it would have sold as quickly without the FOMO personally ... The LEs and extra exclusive items create the fomo .. then those who missed out still want the game . Could be wrong .

I’d still take an LE instead of my SE. I have my name down for an LE with pinball star if people pass. I usually get LEs when released but couldn’t get this one. I could of flipped all my Les if I wanted to but we play them for a couple months then if something better comes out I’ll buy one. By then i miss the window but shoot I’ve been happy to break even on the LEs I sold. Getting Godzilla soon so hoping it’s a keeper next to Mando

#3277 2 years ago

LOL, imagine what this whole CCr situation would have looked like if CGC re released an Addams Family version instead. The pinball community would just completely melt down if the LE model was a re do of the Addams Gold pin. Certificates and all .

#3278 2 years ago

I think this is a slap in the face of people who purchased an LE or who purchased one in the past. For those asking why they didn't make more. People forget AFM and MB Le's sat in boxes for a long time. They weren't instant sell outs they were a slow burn. Hell people didn't even buy that many mmr royals editions. At this point I would have preferred that cgc just make more Limited Editions than to strip uniqueness from the LE and sell a pseudo stripped down version thats still the same price as the LE.

#3279 2 years ago

I’m at the Milwaukee Show this weekend and have played more games on CCr than I can count.

Plays great. Both versions look super and the LE extra touches are amazing. Matt did a super job the molded pieces and the arch is very detailed.
DMD art is really good. Topper fits the theme perfectly, same for the inside cab art on LE. The interactive ‘Topper Shootout’ will take some practice. The LE powder coat is a good choice, kind of gun metal gray.
Only complaint is that I can’t take one home today - can’t wait until Jan when LEs hopefully start to ship.

3C8DBD0F-56AB-4AE5-BC5A-A86E9DC243BA (resized).jpeg3C8DBD0F-56AB-4AE5-BC5A-A86E9DC243BA (resized).jpeg70900F91-8D5D-4B66-869E-85679FE638CE (resized).jpeg70900F91-8D5D-4B66-869E-85679FE638CE (resized).jpegC641A37B-D891-4F65-BA6C-B6D9F7504F7C (resized).jpegC641A37B-D891-4F65-BA6C-B6D9F7504F7C (resized).jpeg
#3280 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I think this is a slap in the face of people who purchased an LE or who purchased one in the past. For those asking why they didn't make more. People forget AFM and MB Le's sat in boxes for a long time. They weren't instant sell outs they were a slow burn. Hell people didn't even buy that many mmr royals editions. At this point I would have preferred that cgc just make more Limited Editions than to strip uniqueness from the LE and sell a pseudo stripped down version thats still the same price as the LE.

Yep, Way different world of pinball now. When I first got LEs it was a waiting list. You could find them for msrp or less even after they started shipping. Now people are selling spots for way over msrp

If I was cgc I would of put the Le at a much higher price

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If I was cgc I would of put the Le at a much higher price

No good deed goes unpunished!

#3282 2 years ago

Maybe it's just wishful thinking...

I hope that when all of this over, Rick/Doug will do something as a small gesture of gratitude towards LE crowd. Maybe provide a discount on the backglass, or Lyman software package....maybe put a mode in the game that will only work with the LE.

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I’m at the Milwaukee Show this weekend and have played more games on CCr than I can count.
Plays great. Both versions look super and the LE extra touches are amazing. Matt did a super job the molded pieces and the arch is very detailed.
DMD art is really good. Topper fits the theme perfectly, same for the inside cab art on LE. The interactive ‘Topper Shootout’ will take some practice. The LE powder coat is a good choice, kind of gun metal gray.
Only complaint is that I can’t take one home today - can’t wait until Jan when LEs hopefully start to ship.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great info and photos, could you take a closeup photo of the powder coat trim?

#3284 2 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to hear! I’m stoked for my SE+. I’m going to CNC my own wood arch cover and get other similar mods as they are sold for art blades, tracks, etc. I’d prefer the LE, of course. The warranty alone is worth the price of it.

I just want the game since I love spaghetti western things. CC and BBB are the two pins I want the most. Fingers crossed for a BBBr2 in the future. I will pay through the nose for an LE of that.

#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Why?

Since the LE and the SE+ are essentially the same price and the LE has more stuff (and is more limited), this should keep the LE price high.

If the SE+ was a lot cheaper than the LE, then the LE owners might see the LE prices in the future not being as high.

Robert

#3286 2 years ago

The real people who are upset are the LE flippers. You can still get your money back and I am sure people would take your spot.
Just enjoy the game.

#3287 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:The real people who are upset are the LE flippers.

This is simply not true. I'm sure they are also upset. But, it's not just them.

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I’m going to CNC my own wood arch cover and get other similar mods as they are sold for art blades, tracks, etc

You should sell it too so that cgc can see more money on the table. Then maybe they'll realize they should sell it.

#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

This is simply not true. I'm sure they are also upset. But, it's not just them.

So just cancel your game.

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Why?
Since the LE and the SE+ are essentially the same price and the LE has more stuff (and is more limited), this should keep the LE price high.
If the SE+ was a lot cheaper than the LE, then the LE owners might see the LE prices in the future not being as high.
Robert

I don't see anything limited or extra value at this point. If you put a shaker and blades and get @linoleum to CNC you the arch, you have an LE. Who cares about a numbered plate? No one.

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

The real people who are upset are the LE flippers. You can still get your money back and I am sure people would take your spot.
Just enjoy the game.

Can you even read, or are you just lazy?

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So just cancel your game.

Why? I still want the game. I'm just not thrilled with their decision.

#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agree, it’s not going to make any difference.

Clearly it won't make any difference on CCR LE sales, but my guess is it will matter on future sales as "LE only" buyers know that it doesn't mean anything to CGC anymore. CGC just needs to remove the "limited" versions of future games, because clearly it means nothing.

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You should sell it too so that cgc can see more money on the table. Then maybe they'll realize they should sell it.

Nope. Mine.

Edit: actually, I’ll make them for peeps. 1 BTC per arch . Not limited.

#3295 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Clearly it won't make any difference on CCR LE sales, but my guess is it will matter on future sales as "LE only" buyers know that it doesn't mean anything to CGC anymore. CGC just needs to remove the "limited" versions of future games, because clearly it means nothing.

Instead of calling it LE, just call it fully loaded or something like that and make it available for a limited amount of time. It’s still reps a good value.

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't see anything limited or extra value at this point. If you put a shaker and blades and get @linoleum to CNC you the arch, you have an LE. Who cares about a numbered plate? No one.

Totally agree.....CGC doesnt make "Limited" anything anymore....At this stage I wouldn't be surprised CGC sold the apron, game blades, train tracks, and toys as an upgrade kit in the future....when the smoke clears the only thing LE buyers got was a $10 plaque

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Why? I still want the game. I'm just not thrilled with their decision.

What about all the people that wanted an LE and could not get one because people bought them to flip? They have to suffer and pay over retail?
I think this is a smart move. Maybe the rollout should have been at the same time, but I do not think it would change the LE Market Buyers.

#3298 2 years ago

I think that is a good idea, have the LE available to order for a certain amount of days. This gives everyone the opportunity to buy one and it is still Limited. If someone does not want their spot, dm me

I know someone who wants one.

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I think that is a good idea, have the LE available to order for a certain amount of days. This gives everyone the opportunity to buy one and it is still Limited.

This. Launch weekend only. Gives 2 days or so for preorders of the LE. Fair bite for anyone willing to pay at that time.

#3300 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not really (except CGC said they would give your deposit back) other than that its exact same scenario...$1000 deposit and wait 6-12 months before u pay the balance ...

You missed where the post was talking about doing it NOW for afmle… a game that was sold years ago… not now or taking deposits for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.