(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 133.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Nope this will be flipped after I get it nib

But how, it won't have any value since it's essentially not Limited anymore?

#3152 2 years ago

They criminally underpriced the LE.

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The fact of the matter is there are still only 1250 true CCr LEs in existence, and they will hold their value in the marketplace.

I don’t think the major problem is value; but CGC’s ambiguity in leading LE buyers to (assume) the Topper was exclusive & I think this WILL hurt value in the future albeit minor ? I don’t think any LE buyers will cancel one of the most beautiful and rare games ever but I can understand their sentiment towards CGC and NOT SE or SE+ buyers.

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think they priced it correctly for what you are getting. They should of had a CE with only 500 and more mods and different art or features.

#3155 2 years ago

Still, take the refund, or take the pin. That's your choices. Or I guess you could hire an attorney...</

Still, take the refund, or take the pin. That's your choices. Or I guess you could hire an attorney...

Was just hoping for dinner or some lube at least.

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And some distributors took advantage of that.

#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Not true at all, I’m not at all upset that others are getting the topper. It’s the fact that precedent had been set and was broken in this case.

So you are going to buy a 9300 dollar game solely to prove harm was done? You literally can walk away… but uou want to prove something?

Everyone knows companies will remake games if the demand is there. Stop trying to hide from that to make yourself think something is exclusive or special. The only thing that matters is ‘can i get it if i want it…’

#3158 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who is it that controls who can sell what?
Rick pulls back glass from CPR right before this fiasco hits. $$$
Now let’s all thank Rick for “making it available” for everybody. If I’m not mistaken wasn’t it already available for EVERYBODY to purchase from CPR?
I need help removing the pineapple plunged up my arse! Ok not really but I thought that was very funny! Damn pineapple would hurt really bad

I wonder if it will be an "updated" backglass where they take the Bally logo off of it. I hope not, I wanted the mirrored glass from CPR that had the original Bally logo on it.

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s exactly right. That’s why Stern just did an Elvira 40th for $25k
“Collectibility” matters to the “loaded and obsessive guys”. Sorry
Want to play the class warfare game? I’m not crying for anybody that can spend $8k plus on a pinball game so you can drop that poor man nonsense

No need to apologize, I know it's true. And I never played a class warfare card. Anyone able to spend the money we do on toys should consider themselves fortunate. You are proving the simple fact I was trying to make. The LE is limited to 1250 machines and a true enthusiast or collector who wants one will do what they need to do to acquire one. They don't want a look alike or a lesser version. Therefore, my point was, the LE guys really shouldn't be worried about diminished value or exclusively. Their LE is still 1 of 1250, regardless of other models released by CGC.

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are still gettthe same product. If you aren’t happy with what you think that product is anymore- you can walk away. The fact you don’t want that says you are more obsessed with having something someone else doesn’t.
You have zero harm - we are talking about a future purchase FFS! Its not like you had it in hand or anything.

The product will be less valuable for sure, but if you’re ok with that, no problem.

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

No LEs have been delivered, and everyone has been offered a refund on their deposit.
If you don’t like it, ask for a refund! Please!
It frees up LEs for the rest of us that just want the best version of the pin and don’t care about artificial scarcity.

Just buy the SE then if you don’t care. Phony argument isn’t it?

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I don’t think the major problem is value; but CGC’s ambiguity in leading LE buyers to (assume) the Topper was exclusive & I think this WILL hurt value in the future albeit minor ? I don’t think any LE buyers will cancel one of the most beautiful and rare games ever but I can understand their sentiment towards CGC and NOT SE or SE+ buyers.

I can agree with that. With the way this market is though, I bet zero value is lost.

#3163 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So you are going to buy a 9300 dollar game solely to prove harm was done? You literally can walk away… but uou want to prove something?
Everyone knows companies will remake games if the demand is there. Stop trying to hide from that to make yourself think something is exclusive or special. The only thing that matters is ‘can i get it if i want it…’

FFS, do you really not understand what limited Edition means?

#3164 2 years ago

The product will be less valuable for sure, but if you’re ok with that, no problem.

So who are you lobbying for? No one has this game - and those with deposits who are no longer happy with their future outlook they can walk away with zero harm.

You are crying about a future potential… sorry your pinball machine won’t be as valuable as you hope it would be. Please find another investment category… PLEASE

#3165 2 years ago

You think CGC will offer toppers on their next AFM run? It only seems fair now.

#3166 2 years ago

And some distributors took advantage of that.

They sure did - mine basically fucked me over by saying there was never any list even though I showed interest months and months ago and had bought the last 2 CGC LE's as I love the product and quality.

I was basically told screw you, you don't buy enough from us so you are way down the list. At least those of you in the USA have multiple distributors but we in many other countries are stuck with one or maybe two we can only deal with.

#3167 2 years ago

No need to apologize, I know it's true. And I never played a class warfare card. Anyone able to spend the money we do on toys should consider themselves fortunate. You are proving the simple fact I was trying to make. The LE is limited to 1250 machines and a true enthusiast or collector who wants one will do what they need to do to acquire one. They don't want a look alike or a lesser version. Therefore, my point was, the LE guys really shouldn't be worried about diminished value or exclusively. Their LE is still 1 of 1250, regardless of other models released by CGC.

You don’t think that the LE only topper made it more exclusive?

#3168 2 years ago

And you get a topper. And you And you. Afm le topper MB topper. Topper for all!!! No more LE's thanx cgc for showing us why not to buy future LE's

#3169 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So who are you lobbying for? No one has this game - and those with deposits who are no longer happy with their future outlook they can walk away with zero harm.
You are crying about a future potential… sorry your pinball machine won’t be as valuable as you hope it would be. Please find another investment category… PLEASE

I don’t get why expecting a company to keep their word is a problem. The money isn’t remotely an issue.

#3170 2 years ago

Let me give the you the Tommy Boy analogy.

“Look Mr. Buyer, you can mark GUARANTEED on the box of your brake pads but at the end of the day all you still really have is a guaranteed box of shit, our brake pads are better”

1 of 1,250 means jack shit. The topper is CGC and they know it.

Cactus Canyon is an average game that Lyman is going to make special. The topper is the differentiator

They F Ed up and should have priced them higher, the LEs. Trying to make up the loss by selling the toppers? The 1,250 is meaningless but that’s what they now have to live with.

And finally, you aren’t Stern. Let’s see how the non remakes compete in the future

#3171 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

You think CGC will offer toppers on their next AFM run? It only seems fair now.

Difference is afmle were already sold and committed- these buyers are not locked in like afmle owners are

#3172 2 years ago

I don’t get why expecting a company to keep their word is a problem. The money isn’t remotely an issue.

No point in arguing with this guy. Trust me.

#3173 2 years ago

Order of build ... should be
SE
LE
SE PLUS

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Difference is afmle were already sold and committed- these buyers are not locked in like afmle owners are

Absolute total nonsense per usual

#3175 2 years ago

Ok so you are just trying to make a point about future harm that no one actually has. Great… we have pinball buyer justice warriors now!

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:Difference is afmle were already sold and committed- these buyers are not locked in like afmle owners are

Not really (except CGC said they would give your deposit back) other than that its exact same scenario...$1000 deposit and wait 6-12 months before u pay the balance ...

#3177 2 years ago

hey there is one for sale in the marketplace.....only $99,999. Get it while you can.

#3178 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No point in arguing with this guy. Trust me.

You’re right.

#3179 2 years ago

You don’t think that the LE only topper made it more exclusive?

More exclusive in the fact that there were 1250 toppers, now there are more toppers, sure. But, there are still only 1250 LE machines, and they will command LE prices on resale. Fact.

Imagine this scenario 8 months down the road once these machines are being sold for whatever reason.

You open up pinside marketplace and there's a guy trying to sell his SE+. He's powder coated the armor, added art blades etc... He's asking the going rate for a nice used LE saying "it's basically the same as an LE".

Are you going to pony up LE price if you're a potential buyer? Of course not. It's still not an LE. That's all I'm saying.

#3180 2 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out how to get that big pineapple out of my ass. That hurt!

Lol. Having fun dropping some Godzilla “LE” games in between this nonsense

#3181 2 years ago

I specifically recall them saying they had not yet decided if they would sell the topper separate or not, and their marketing material said it was "included" with the LE not "Exclusive"...now it did say LE Only which could mean its only included with the LE(so this would mean maybe you can buy it separate) or you could take that to mean Exclusive.

I agree they should have figured this out from the start, but correct me if I am wrong on the above. My friend was over today and I told him the same thing before this news hit that I thought they might sell it. I didn't expect another edition , but safe difference really topper is 1250 I guess.

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I specifically recall them saying they had not yet decided if they would sell the topper separate or not, and their marketing material said it was "included" with the LE not "Exclusive"...now it did say LE Only which could mean its only included with the LE(so this would mean maybe you can buy it separate) or you could take that to mean Exclusive.
I agree they should have figured this out from the start, but correct me if I am wrong on the above. My friend was over today and I told him the same thing before this news hit that I thought they might sell it. I didn't expect another edition , but safe difference really topper is 1250 I guess.

Wrong. It’s says, once again, “limited edition only”. That ship has sailed and we know why they waffled

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

This is not just about the topper. Cgc can easily step up and make the LE buyers whole. They had no problem helping out the SE buyers. And for me a backglass doesn't do it.

I don't think you've cried enough about it yet. Please, continue....

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m sure someone will unload their LE to you Cook, keep hammering away

Not working Ice. Except for the USD$15k offer I’ve had.

I think maybe the sledgehammer approach of telling all you LE buyers you’re a bunch of ungrateful entitled whiners is the wrong strategy.

New tactic: All you LE buyers are so freaking awesome. So clever how you got on an LE list and/or gave your Distro whatever favors they asked for. You guys are just amazing and I can’t even imagine how good your games rooms will look now with those beautiful CCR LE’s setup. Since you’re all so special surely you can find it in your heart to give me your LE spot. Your game room won’t miss it. In fact this one extra LE is just going to make all your other Le’s look like basic Premiums. Surely you don’t want that?

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Order of build ... should be
SE
LE
SE PLUS

This would be interesting to see what order things will get made…. Obviously now the SE+ is the highest margined pin out of the 3

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

You think CGC will offer toppers on their next AFM run?

I don't believe they plan on any more AFMR's.

LTG : )

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think maybe the sledgehammer approach of telling all you LE buyers you’re a bunch of ungrateful entitled whiners is the wrong strategy.
New tactic: All you LE buyers are so freaking awesome. So clever how you got on an LE list and/or gave your Distro whatever favors they asked for. You guys are just amazing and I can’t even imagine how good your games rooms will look now with those beautiful CCR LE’s setup. Since you’re all so special surely you can find it in your heart to give me your LE spot. Your game room won’t miss it. In fact this one extra LE is just going to make all your other Le’s look like basic Premiums. Surely you don’t want that?

Don't forget, this particular LE is now tarnished and devalued due to the SE+ debacle. Better unload it now while it still holds a bit of worth.

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol. That’s a MUCH better approach!

If anyone had any patience they would be able to pick these games up later, probably cheaper but you don’t and neither do I

Aren’t you limited to what lands over there with Wayne?

Isn’t is cost prohibitive to ship from a seller in the US?

#3189 2 years ago

Don't forget, this particular LE is now tarnished and devalued due to the SE+ debacle. Better unload it now while it still holds a bit of worth.

I like your cat!

#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I wonder if it will be an "updated" backglass where they take the Bally logo off of it. I hope not, I wanted the mirrored glass from CPR that had the original Bally logo on it.

It will Not have the Bally Logo or the Copyright info.....

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrong. It’s says, once again, “limited edition only”. That ship has sailed and we know why they waffled

yes it did say LE only, but like I said that was not clear as it could mean you only get it "included" with the LE. No where does it say exclusive.

Now with that said, and I totally told my friend this was gonna happen today....

I can see how people took that as there will never be another way to get it, especially based on past games.

I am in on a LE and I too was hoping it was exclusive, because hey lets be real its cool to have something limited that not everyone has..but it is what it is at this point and I saw it coming.

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like your cat!

Lol, thank you. And no hard feelings man. I just think in a year or more the LEs will still be as good as gold regardless of what CGC does. You've been around long enough to know this market.

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

It will Not have the Bally Logo or the Copyright info.....

I am a little annoyed they pulled it from CPR site, was planning on buying it and they still have AFM and MB so this was kinda an uncool move my PPS...but if they will see me one not over what CPR charges then no harm no foul I can live with another logo.

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

No where does it say exclusive.

I think “only” and “exclusive” are one in the same and mean the same thing. In fact, I just googled the definition of “only” and it says “exclusively”.

#3195 2 years ago

So true. With collections as good as these guys have, the LE is going to look so common.

#3196 2 years ago

Geezus, this F’n exhausting. There are 1000+ posts of people whining about the CGC “injustice” and how they’ve been wronged. SMH.

In on an LE and have no issue with the new SE+ Topper. Just want to enjoy a cool game (and topper) with my kids!

#3197 2 years ago

I will tell you though I put the MB backglass in my MBRSE and I dont think my poor friend who I sold it too can ever remove the backglass to get to the backbox it was a tight fit! Maybe these will fit better.

#3198 2 years ago

The topper should be sold as an extra just like MMR. That way anyone can upgrade any version.

#3199 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

The topper should be sold as an extra just like MMR. That way anyone can upgrade any version.

If they did that there would be topper scalpers.

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Isn’t is cost prohibitive to ship from a seller in the US

Not at the distro price the LE is here. Could easily import one directly for less. Have tried approaching US dealers directly in the past and they just forward the email to the local distro.

But it’s not the price issue for me - was more than happy paying the distro price here as he’s got to make a living also. I’d pay even more. It’s just getting one. (That’s not quite as expensive as usd$15k).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,500 (OBO)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/64?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.