(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 133.
#3051 2 years ago

Trying to figure out what model comes with what and who gets Lyman code without knowing what that will cost.....jeeesh!!!

giphy (6).gifgiphy (6).gif
#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Then get a refund for fucks sake

He just wants the deal he agreed to, why is that so hard for you to understand?

#3053 2 years ago

Please see the post above yours for fucks sake.

#3054 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Glad to see SE owners have an option for the topper. And for anyone whining about this, do you also walk around your neighborhood and get angry at other people who own nice stuff?

Lol, this is a forum about new pinballs costing in upwards of 10000. Manufacturers are catering to buyers with there bullshit LE structures to rip off the morons ( that is most all of us) . So no its not to say I have the nicest. People are paying dearly for limited in a niche market

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The best was when they promised the MMR LE buyers would get the colour dots included when done, then went on to charge them for it.

The basic game had colour dots. Eight different colors you could make the dots.

When they programmed the scenes with more colors than a colordmd had, they did charge for the IC kit to install in the game. $299 for original owner, $499 for others.

LTG : )

#3056 2 years ago

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think what a lot of you are missing is that most LE buyers want the game. I want to own this machine. I thought I lost out on an LE and was going to get an SE down the road. I had no plans on bitching about it. Then I managed to get a pre-order for the Le. Awesome! I was excited as I was pretty sure it would hold its value. 1250 is a huge number for LEs, so I wasn't as confident as you are about value.
My issue is purely contractual. Yes, I get extras, but MUCH less than what cgc agreed to provide.
Cgc is taking value from my purchase as cash. This is in bad faith. It just is. We can debate all day about greed and sharing etc., But the only debate I see is this agreement.

What exactly "MUCH less" are they providing you? You could certainly pay the same amount for the SE+ and give me your LE for the same price.

They aren't providing you anything less... they are providing other an opportunity to pay more (the same amount you paid, to get less than what you got)

#3058 2 years ago

1 year + software to make topper, CGC would be crazy not to sell more than 1250 Toppers

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Please see the post above yours for fucks sake.

Well, you aren't gonna get the deal you agreed to. Period. That should be apparent by now. So, you are left with 2 choices. Get a refund, or continue bitching incessantly.

For fucks sake

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000tjt:

What exactly "MUCH less" are they providing you? You could certainly pay the same amount for the SE+ and give me your LE for the same price.
They aren't providing you anything less... they are providing other an opportunity to pay more (the same amount you paid, to get less than what you got)

#3061 2 years ago

I see a bunch of LE buyers upset because this is not what they agreed to (which is understandable)…this was really the only option CGC could have done though for their business model. Granted they could have planned better but if anyone caught their Expo presentation—-planning is not what they do best. I mean who shows up late for a presentation! SE buyers feel great now which they should. CGC should throw a bone to LE buyers now….1/2 Lyman code, inviglass included, knocker with added gunshot code, mirrored backglass (I’m not saying all the above just one thing) so the LE buyers feel some extra love. Even in that case I’ll sure someone would be mad but a thought

#3062 2 years ago

Well, you aren't gonna get the deal you agreed to. Period. So, you are left with 2 choices. Get a refund, or continue bitching incessantly.
For fucks sake

You don't need to read any of it. That's the beauty of Internet forums!

But I'm glad you at least understand the issue. That's all I'm trying to clarify.

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

1 year + software to make topper, CGC would be crazy not to sell more than 1250 Toppers

I guess they are crazy because that’s that they said they would do…until they changed their mind.

#3064 2 years ago

I personally am still very excited I was lucky enough to to find an le, and can’t wait to play it. I am also happy that it appears se buyers can get a topper for theirs.

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:I think what a lot of you are missing is that most LE buyers want the game. I want to own this machine. I thought I lost out on an LE and was going to get an SE down the road. I had no plans on bitching about it. Then I managed to get a pre-order for the Le. Awesome! I was excited as I was pretty sure it would hold its value. 1250 is a huge number for LEs, so I wasn't as confident as you are about value.
My issue is purely contractual. Yes, I get extras, but MUCH less than what cgc agreed to provide.
Cgc is taking value from my purchase as cash. This is in bad faith. It just is. We can debate all day about greed and sharing etc., But the only debate I see is this agreement.

From my perspective I’m pissed because I missed out on an LE (mostly because I wasn’t quick enough and ours only got 65 for the whole country. And we have no option to call around other distro’s to see if they’ve got a free slot). So I see all the LE guys complaining and just think I’d happily be in your shoes.

I might get the SE+ down the road, but no urgency on that.

But it’s all first world problems. In all honesty, I get off Pinside and couldn’t care less.

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I see a bunch of LE buyers upset because this is not what they agreed to (which is understandable)…this was really the only option CGC could have done though for their business model. Granted they could have planned better but if anyone caught their Expo presentation—-planning is not what they do best. I mean who shows up late for a presentation! SE buyers feel great now which they should. CGC should throw a bone to LE buyers now….1/2 Lyman code, inviglass included, knocker with added gunshot code, mirrored backglass (I’m not saying all the above just one thing) so the LE buyers feel some extra love. Even in that case I’ll sure someone would be mad but a thought

The tricky part about throwing a bone to LE buyers is they would be admitting that what they did was wrong.

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000tjt:

You seem to not understand that an agreement was broken. Some paid above retail to get an LE which is no longer limited to the agreed amount.

#3068 2 years ago

I don't get it. If someone sold me a Vodka Cranberry with Grey Goose in it for $10 or just cranberry juice for $7. Then they decided to offer Aristocrat Vodka with Cranberry for $10. Why would you be mad? Your Grey Goose didn't get worse, their drink isn't as good as yours and they paid the same. This certainly would not devalue your drink as they are not the same.

If they sold the SE+ at $8,800 or something I could see a reason to be mad.

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I think a free mirrored backglass would be the best consolation. Something ought to be "given" to the original LE buyers, considering they were mislead from the beginning. Now that they've "changed the rules" with LEs, they ought to to make AFM toppers available to all.

#3070 2 years ago

CGC handled the situation as best they could. Same scenario when I bought my MMRRE. Toppers and upgrade kits for the masses!

My Royal hasn’t lost value cuz of it. Same with CCrLE. It’s the best example of what CGC offers and nothing less. I never considered my LE purchase less after this announcement. Waters will calm down and folks’ll be just as happy with this model as all previous CGC remakes.

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The tricky part about throwing a bone to LE buyers is they would be admitting that what they did was wrong.

I don’t believe so…it’s called listening to their customers and getting good will. I believe 90%+ of LE owners would be fine with this. If you’re an LE owner and disagree type disagree in this form

#3072 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000tjt:

I don't get it. If someone sold me a Vodka Cranberry with Grey Goose in it for $10 or just cranberry juice for $7. Then they decided to offer Aristocrat Vodka with Cranberry for $10. Why would you be mad? Your Grey Goose didn't get worse, their drink isn't as good as yours and they paid the same. This certainly would not devalue your drink as they are not the same.

I dunno, all vodka is pretty much the same. Grey Goose is 99% marketing.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2019/03/12/702220737/watch-theres-no-such-thing-as-fancy-vodka

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

How about throwing in the HD glass to LE buyers to ease or de- thorn that pineapple you just shoved up their ass

Totally agree or throw in the new Lyman code for free or a serious discount (like they did with the color chip for the original MMRLE buyers) ....the only option on the LE that was really worth anything was the topper. Aside from the apron all the others will be easily replicated by the creative modders, and in most cases they will do a nicer job. I guess the good news is we now know the CGC business model, and that future LE's won't really be limited....

#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

CGC handled the situation as best they could.

I disagree. The best they could have done was to honor their original deal and what they said at the outset. That would have been the best course of action and the safest, but maybe not the most profitable in the short term.

#3075 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I don’t believe so…it’s called listening to their customers and getting good will. I believe 90%+ of LE owners would be fine with this. If you’re an LE owner and disagree type disagree in this form

Oh I agree with you that it would be great if they threw something additional in, I am in on an LE.

I’m saying they won’t do it.

All decisions thus far have been about making more revenue, not less.

#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from t2000tjt:

Many paid over retail by roughly the amount you’re saying they should have a reason to be mad, get it now?

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I disagree. The best they could have done was to honor their original deal and what they said at the outset. That would have been the best course of action and the safest, but maybe not the most profitable in the short term.

But didnt they state on launch at expo that they had not decided about the topper availability?

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

This

#3079 2 years ago

An LE owner needs start a forum post with a poll asking what would make them happy…. Obviously one of the poll options should be nothing ( that would be a disagree) which I don’t think there’d be many

#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But didnt they state on launch at expo that they had not decided about the topper availability?

This says it all.

376850B8-28A2-4706-8EFB-D59DD030330B (resized).jpeg376850B8-28A2-4706-8EFB-D59DD030330B (resized).jpeg
#3081 2 years ago

No don't, make the SE guys pay. They want you to cancel so they can take your spot. Calling all flippers and pissed off customers. Hold and flip and it will hurt both cgc and the se's

#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Many paid over retail by roughly the amount you’re saying they should have a reason to be mad, get it now?

Not yet. Please cry more about it. Clench your fists too, that might also help.

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The features matrix said the topper was “LE only”. It’s been posted on this thread i don’t know how many times yet people still seem to miss or overlook that fact. Take a look.

#3084 2 years ago

I'm also stunned at the outrage. I'm fortunate to be in on an LE, but I didn't do anything special to earn it. Maybe other people had to do something to earn their LEs, but my situation was being at the right place at the right time and seeing the PPS post in this thread a few months ago. I also didn't sign a contract, but maybe others did, but in any case I don't feel like I've been wronged in any way. I still get the fully loaded game and the only reason between me getting an LE or being left out was lucky timing.

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

An LE owner needs start a forum post with a poll asking what would make them happy…. Obviously one of the poll options should be nothing ( that would be a disagree) which I don’t think there’d be many

Whats the point? The good news is we now know what CGC will do on future releases, and they have no interest in selling truly limited products. Just is what it is....

#3086 2 years ago

This alone still has me hunting for an LE even though the options the topper is no longer just part of the LE package. This came in from a dealer that explained what I would still not be getting including the LE serial tag. The hunt continues for an LE.

“CCr-LE LIMITED EDITION which is SOLD OUT will continue to have a number of exclusive features including: the Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty”

#3087 2 years ago

This says it all.
[quoted image]

Just like what CGC said publicly at launch at Expo. And have repeated on here numerous times. What was stated at Expo was very clear - they hadn’t yet decided on the topper. The wording in that picture is ambiguous. But now we really are going around in circles as we’ve debated the wording as nauseum.

I just hope you angry LE buyers are happy when you finally get your amazing (and limited) games and can find it in yourselves to move on.

#3088 2 years ago

Now let’s learn from this lesson and next remake make 2500 LE’s and toppers for everyone!!!!
Games don’t have to sell out in minutes. Just need to sell out before the next release.

#3089 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Not yet. Please cry more about it. Clench your fists too, that might also help.

You fail to grasp the basic concepts of agreements and integrity, have a great day.

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

ImThis has nothing to do with playing pinball. It has to do with an agreement and integrity. By offering the topper, they changed the contract. With historical actions and wording, any judge would award for the buyers. This is in bad faith.
If they want to rip us off, which is what they are doing, they should at least do something on our end.

If you don’t like what you bought they are offering your money back. End of story

Le buyers are already getting the most cost effective version of the game as well.

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The wording in that picture is ambiguous

Please explain how the wording “Topper (limited edition only)” is ambiguous.

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Now let’s learn from this lesson and next remake make 2500 LE’s and toppers for everyone!!!!
Games don’t have to sell out in minutes. Just need to sell out before the next release.

I think they should do timed LE if they do it at all. Available for 24 hours then never again. Gives everyone an initial chance but keeps numbers limited.

#3094 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

This alone still has me hunting for an LE even though the options the topper is no longer just part of the LE package. This came in from a dealer that explained what I would still not be getting including the LE serial tag. The hunt continues for an LE.
“CCr-LE LIMITED EDITION which is SOLD OUT will continue to have a number of exclusive features including: the Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty”

I doubt the shaker motor and art blades won't be available to purchase for Non-LE models. The train tracks, mine cart and powder coated trim will most likely be available by 3rd party mod makers.

#3095 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you don’t like what you bought they are offering your money back. End of story
Le buyers are already getting the most cost effective version of the game as well.

They aren’t offering what was agreed to, that’s why many are pissed off. Saying you can get your money back doesn’t fix that.

#3096 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

OMFG you LE buyers.
In Australia this means you got a $3000 topper (plus a bunch of very cool LE only extras) for literally doing nothing
LE price aud$16990
SE price aud$13990
SE+ will have to be aud$16990
So you got the $3000 topper plus the LE extras and the inherent LE flip margin ($5k??) for literally doing nothing but putting your name on a list and you’re all still whining and demanding you get even more extras like free backglasses and Lyman code!!!! If there ever was a shark jump moment in this hobby this is it.

I don’t know wtf is going on in Australia anyhow Cookie!

Let me be the Dick in the room once again.

As a “collector” that spends a lot of $$ on high end games that I like we don’t like to see the rarity factor (1250 is now rare?) or the “collectibility” diminished in what people are buying. You all know I’m right.

The SE buyers or ones that missed out up front will say F you, I want a topper too. Everybody gets a trophy!

You gotta pick your lane, and you can’t have it both ways.

Why do companies offer up and then consumers buy an “LE”?

Because it’s limited! And you guys can say whatever you want but YOU ALL want these high priced games to maintain their value at a minimum.

I’m sure, after the fact, CGC and PPS realized they left a shit ton of $$$ on the table when 1,250 went flying out the door.

Well hey, we are gonna be seen as the good guys by keeping LE prices lower than Stern and when the actual bubble does pop we will already be priced much better

When you take “collectors” and high end buyers for granted, that is how you blow up the money train that is barreling down the tracks.

To say to the LE buyers, “if you don’t like what we did then just get a refund” is F ing crazy mentality. There will come a day…

Bottom line, it is what it is and good for the SE buyers that they get the trophy too. It’s incorporated in the game and I get it BUT the topper is the signature calling card for CGC, period, hard stop!

Next time, either have ONE version of a game OR price the LEs to a point where you sell the numbers and maintain the “collectibility” factor

#3097 2 years ago

You’re going to ignore someone who’s honest and honors the deals they make? Maybe it’s you.

#3098 2 years ago

You seem to not understand that an agreement was broken. Some paid above retail to get an LE which is no longer limited to the agreed amount.

You are now involving a 3rd party that has nothing to do with CGC’s obligations. If someone was that impatient and that focused on ‘exclusivity’… well they gambled and lost.

A horrible bet to make given CGC left this door open 10mins after showing the game and everyone knows reruns are possible.

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t know wtf is going on in Australia anyhow Cookie!
Let me be the Dick in the room once again.
As a “collector” that spends a lot of $$ on high end games that I like we don’t like to see the rarity factor (1250 is now rare?) or the “collectibility” diminished in what we are buying.
The SE buyers or ones that missed out up front will say F you, I want a topper too. Everybody gets a trophy!
You gotta pick your lane, and you can’t have it both ways.
Why do companies offer up and then consumers buy an “LE”?
Because it’s limited! And you guys can say whatever you want but YOU ALL want these high priced games to maintain their value at a minimum.
I’m sure, after the fact, CGC and PPS realized they left a shit ton of $$$ on the table when 1,250 went flying out the door.
Well hey, we are gonna be seen as the good guys by keeping LE prices lower than Stern and when the actual bubble does pop we will already be priced much better
When you take “collectors” and high end buyers for granted, that is how you blow up the money train that is barreling down the tracks.
To say to the LE buyers, “if you don’t like what we did then just get a refund” is F ing crazy mentality. There will come a day…
Bottom line, it is what it is and good for the SE buyers that they get the trophy too. It’s incorporated in the game and I get it BUT the topper is the signature calling card for CGC, period, hard stop!
Next time, either have ONE version of a game OR price the LEs to a point where you sell the numbers and maintain the “collectibility” factor

Nicely said.

#3100 2 years ago

They aren’t offering what was agreed to, that’s why many are pissed off. Saying you can get your money back doesn’t fix that.

Yes it does

When you return a broke product at target do you demand something more in return too???

If you don’t like the sale - you can walk away scott free. That’s the restitution any court would offer too. You literally have no other harm done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.