(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 133.
#3001 2 years ago
Quoted from Fmfreim:

Purchased an LE - and still plan to get it, but what CGC is doing really leaves a bad taste. If it’s a money grab, so be it. But, at least make the LE a little more extra special by throwing in the new code when it comes out or the mirrored back glass. I think that would go a long way to make LE buyers feel better about their purchase.

Totally agree.

#3002 2 years ago

Interesting! Looks like this answers a lot of the concern folks where having about the topper availability for SE’s.
71AAB12A-BF2F-4201-8E2F-7CC9D52073AF (resized).png71AAB12A-BF2F-4201-8E2F-7CC9D52073AF (resized).png

#3003 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Nah they will lose overall sales.

I plan on staying in for my LE. Going forward?....now that's a totally different question. This purchase is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I still think that CGC makes the best built machines...hands-down, but there are a lot of other options out there these days.

#3004 2 years ago

Glad to see SE owners have an option for the topper. And for anyone whining about this, do you also walk around your neighborhood and get angry at other people who own nice stuff?

#3005 2 years ago

I didn't realize you can't get the backglass from CPR now .

#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

All this consternation and angst and I bet CGC gets less than a dozen cancellations.
I do hope y'all enjoy *playing* these games when they finally arrive, whichever model you wind up with.

I know I'm taking troll bait, but whatever...

I essentially signed a contract via downpayment with cgc for a machine which was the "only" one with the topper. This has nothing to do with playing pinball. It has to do with an agreement and integrity. By offering the topper, they changed the contract. With historical actions and wording, any judge would award for the buyers. This is in bad faith.

If they want to rip us off, which is what they are doing, they should at least do something on our end.

I have never had the intention of flipping this game, and you guys are nuts if you think 1250 LEs will sell for crazy amounts after 6 months. They have now doubled this number.

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Glad to see SE owners have an option for the topper. And for anyone whining about this, do you also walk around your neighborhood and get angry at other people who own nice stuff?

Wouldn't expect you to understand, and based off your post you don't. Glad you only see it your way man

#3008 2 years ago

I think the main problem here is not enough LE being Made, so really only 2 options, increase the LE from 1250 or offer a topper for the SE which ends up the same price as buying an LE.

you were able to buy a topper for the MMR when the Royal Editions came out?

Can't please everyone

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Yeah, Dude, I do. And have been on the list since a month before release. And STILL want it.

I am still hoping to be one of the "screwed" LE buyers.

Only if you put your money where your mouth is and BACK OUT!!!

Again, please take your business from them so I might have a chance to become a screwed LE buyer

You’re doing nothing but proving that LE buyers were screwed.

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Wouldn't expect you to understand, and based off your post you don't. Glad you only see it your way man

There is nothing to understand. Anyone who ordered an LE to own, in their house, and presumably play, and feels upset that someone somewhere else has an SE with a topper is a rotten person. The LE is super sexy, it has different trim and a different apron. It is certainly unique from the SE model.

#3011 2 years ago

OMFG you LE buyers.

In Australia this means you got a $3000 topper (plus a bunch of very cool LE only extras) for literally doing nothing

LE price aud$16990
SE price aud$13990
SE+ will have to be aud$16990

So you got the $3000 topper plus the LE extras and the inherent LE flip margin ($5k??) for literally doing nothing but putting your name on a list and you’re all still whining and demanding you get even more extras like free backglasses and Lyman code!!!! If there ever was a shark jump moment in this hobby this is it.

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

There is nothing to understand. Anyone who ordered an LE to own, in their house, and presumably play, and feels upset that someone somewhere else has an SE with a topper is a rotten person.

Nice prospective! You really nailed it

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

You’re doing nothing but proving that LE buyers were screwed.

So LE pre-orders can just cancel. I'm sure there is a long line of people who would love the LE and aren't angry over someone with an SE having a topper, lol.

#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

There is nothing to understand. Anyone who ordered an LE to own, in their house, and presumably play, and feels upset that someone somewhere else has an SE with a topper is a rotten person.

Lol. By your logic, anyone who plans ahead and buys rare items to collect and enjoy is a rotten person.

Who's rotten here...?

#3015 2 years ago

I feel bad for anyone that bought an LE from a flipper and paid a much higher price. the LE is the best deal at 9250 but i bet it will kill the flipper markets ceiling for asking price

#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

OMFG you LE buyers.
In Australia this means you got a $3000 topper (plus a bunch of very cool LE only extras) for literally doing nothing
LE price aud$16990
SE price aud$13990
So you got the $3000 topper plus the LE extras and the inherent LE flip margin ($5k??) for literally doing nothing but putting your name on a list and you’re all still whining.

That wasn’t the agreement that they signed up for.

#3017 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

So LE pre-orders can just cancel. I'm sure there is a long line of people who would love the LE and aren't angry over someone with an SE having a topper, lol.

Like I said I will be flipping it nib and would encourage any other pissed off LE owner to do the same. Why give anyone else the game when they have to pay 9250 for the topper. Yeah I will hold. Thanks financial advisor

And the beautiful thing is if I flip it cgc loses a seplus sale

#3018 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

I put my name on my distributors list if anyone cancels their LE

#3019 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

OMFG you LE buyers.
LE price aud$16990
SE price aud$13990
So you got the $3000 topper plus the LE extras and the inherent LE flip margin ($5k??) for literally doing nothing but putting your name on a list and you’re all still whining.

No. The Le basically gets a shaker and loses its rarity. 5k flip. Lol gtfo. It's not an le anymore.

#3020 2 years ago

That wasn’t the agreement that they signed up for.

They also got the right to cancel with no penalty.

#3021 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

No. The Le basically gets a shaker and loses its rarity. 5k flip. Lol gtfo. It's not an le anymore.

You are kidding right?

#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

You really think it’s right to take deposits and then change the agreement?

#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Exactly!!! Happy to see someone else gets the point!!! And understands what it means to have a collectors item, which is what the LE’s are intended for.

#3024 2 years ago

I will say it again

LE buyers stay in and flip it. Do not cancel, It will cost cgc a sale.

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You are kidding right?

Please revisit you math. No one is getting a free topper.

#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Toopergate went the way I thought it would. LE exclusivity is now a joke. “Is that the LE? Sure is! Look at the apron, it has a number!!”
Now there is backglass controversy. Wtf.
Went in on the LE because I wanted the topper, willing to take a risk that Lyman code would be great and reasonably priced. Plus side, now it is a risk I don’t have to take. Trying to decide if I am going to back out of the LE and re-visit in a year. All of this crap is reducing my enthusiasm.

Quoted from cooked71:

This just keeps getting better.
As per my previous post, I’m happy to buy anyones LE if they are so outraged by the SE being available with a topper. I’m standing by waiting for the flood of offers in my dm’s.[quoted image]

Paul8788, let me introduce you to Cooked 71. I think you 2 have something you can help each other out with.

#3027 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I essentially signed a contract via downpayment with cgc for a machine which was the "only" one with the topper. This has nothing to do with playing pinball. It has to do with an agreement and integrity. By offering the topper, they changed the contract. With historical actions and wording, any judge would award for the buyers. This is in bad faith.

I bought a JJP ECLE. I know all about bad faith hahaha. I got over it and realized all this artificial scarcity is just a way manufacturers can get more money. I couldn't care less about LE bling but gatekeeping gameplay features behind LE models is annoying. Bring on the toppers!

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lol. By your logic, anyone who plans ahead and buys rare items to collect and enjoy is a rotten person.
Who's rotten here...?

I have to say, reading all the salt flowing from jealous people is amusing. Pre-ordered an LE and I am happy at the topper option for SE owners. Here I thought there were mostly enthusiasts here who just plain love pinball, but I see there are also a bunch of grinches and a few gollums, straight from Lord of the Rings. Nobody can own a precious but me!!

#3029 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They also got the right to cancel with no penalty.

The agreement was still broken, period. If you don’t see that this is wrong I question your integrity.

#3030 2 years ago

Just a poor SE owner hoping those that upgrade to SE+ move me closer to the front of the line

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I think the main problem here is not enough LE being Made, so really only 2 options, increase the LE from 1250 or offer a topper for the SE which ends up the same price as buying an LE.
you were able to buy a topper for the MMR when the Royal Editions came out?
Can't please everyone

First world problems!!

#3032 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

I have to say, reading all the salt flowing from jealous people is amusing. Pre-ordered an LE and I am happy at the topper option for SE owners. Here I thought there were mostly enthusiasts here who just plain love pinball, but I see there are also a bunch of grinches and a few gollums, straight from Lord of the Rings. Nobody can own a precious but me!!

I dunno man. If we all had a ring like Frodo we’d be bumping into eachother while invisible. Disaster!

#3033 2 years ago

Anybody else pay a premium for an LE from their distributor because the distributor "had to buy an equivalent amount of the less desired, harder to sell SE's"? I did, as it was the only way to get the topper and the pin looks awesome. The deal doesn't feel so great now. Guess I'll be making the choice between an upcharged LE or an MSRP SE+. Would certainly have been a different story if the product pricing was concise from the outset.

#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

And the beautiful thing is if I flip it cgc loses a seplus sale

But you lose your CCr. Didn't you want to have one to play?

#3035 2 years ago

The agreement was still broken, period. If you don’t see that this is wrong I question your integrity.

Unfortunately, integrity doesn't buy much these days.

#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I bought a JJP ECLE. I know all about bad faith hahaha. I got over it and realized all this artificial scarcity is just a way manufacturers can get more money. I couldn't care less about LE bling but gatekeeping gameplay features behind LE models is annoying. Bring on the toppers!

Y'know, I agree with you, except 'bring on the toppers' IF it's the initial strategy.

#3037 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Just a poor SE owner hoping those that upgrade to SE+ move me closer to the front of the line

I’d guess it moves you to the back of the line. SE with non toppers ship before everything else I think.

#3038 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Please revisit you math. No one is getting a free topper.

You’re right, I meant to say the topper now has a value of $3k.

So you’re still getting:

“Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty.”

Which is way more than a Stern LE gets imo.

Plus the flip value. You don’t think it’s Aud$5000?

The LE is still a bargain. Was clearly under priced.

In any case - just cancel.

But I’m with you on the way the whole thing was handled. It’s a huge mess.

#3039 2 years ago

Just out of curiosity what does it cost you guys to get these over the pond?

#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Paul8788, let me introduce you to Cooked 71. I think you 2 have something you can help each other out with.

Already been in contact CoolCatPinball lol. Let’s just say I’m still looking - I definitely haven’t had my inbox flooded with disgruntled LE buyers wanting to offload their LE’s.

#3041 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’m sure these two companies are not making things up as they go, but man does it feel that way.

Maybe every time they try to put out a fire, a new one starts up.

Hard to please everybody.

You have to admire their cajones in sticking it out and keep posting.

LTG : )

#3042 2 years ago

What a mess. In this market, all you have to do is deliver a game, any game, and people are happy. You really have to try hard to piss this many people off.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

It’s not extra toppers. They released a whole other version of the game. Worst thing they could have done. Would rather them of released a few more LE’s or sold topper separate.

Bullshit.

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballemporium:

Just out of curiosity what does it cost you guys to get these over the pond?

Depends how you do it. If you’re just going in a consol container it’s was about $AUD1000 all up plus taxes et. But that was before Covid. Will be much more expensive now.

#3045 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What a mess. In this market, all you have to do is deliver a game, any game, and people are happy. You really have to try hard to piss this many people off.

It could be worse....they could offer different powder coating like they did w/ MMr......LOL

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Are coin mechanisms included?

Yes. Have been since first round of MMR.

#3047 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It could be worse....they could offer different powder coating like they did w/ MMr......LOL

The best was when they promised the MMR LE buyers would get the colour dots included when done, then went on to charge them for it.

#3048 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You have to admire their cajones in sticking it out and keep posting.

I certainly do!
And I love the loyalty program name.
“GLoP”

#3049 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’re right, I meant to say the topper now has a value of $3k.
So you’re still getting:
“Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty.”
Which is way more than a Stern LE gets imo.
Plus the flip value. You don’t think it’s Aud$5000?
The LE is still a bargain. Was clearly under priced.
In any case - just cancel.
But I’m with you on the way the whole thing was handled. It’s a huge mess.

I think what a lot of you are missing is that most LE buyers want the game. I want to own this machine. I thought I lost out on an LE and was going to get an SE down the road. I had no plans on bitching about it. Then I managed to get a pre-order for the Le. Awesome! I was excited as I was pretty sure it would hold its value. 1250 is a huge number for LEs, so I wasn't as confident as you are about value.

My issue is purely contractual. Yes, I get extras, but MUCH less than what cgc agreed to provide.

Cgc is taking value from my purchase as cash. This is in bad faith. It just is. We can debate all day about greed and sharing etc., But the only debate I see is this agreement.

#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I know I'm taking troll bait, but whatever...
If they want to rip us off, which is what they are doing, they should at least do something on our end.
I have never had the intention of flipping this game, and you guys are nuts if you think 1250 LEs will sell for crazy amounts after 6 months. They have now doubled this number.

Then get a refund for fucks sake

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/61?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.