(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 133.
#2951 2 years ago

I appreciate Rick’s responsiveness in opening mirrored backglass sales to all CCr customers.

We are having discussions with all dealers regarding a loyalty program that would provide existing remake customers an opportunity order future games before they are offered to the general public.

#2952 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That was barely a brook, let alone a river.

Good one?

#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

HD glass wasnt an option on the AFMrLE and it included the mirrored backglass.
I still dont have it in mine, it didnt really need it, and I have a couple sheets sitting unused here.

Whatever, glass was just a option, could throw in anything except they are not using any lube but just ramming it in dry

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

I appreciate Rick’s responsiveness in opening mirrored backglass sales to all CCr customers.
We are having discussions with all dealers regarding a loyalty program that would provide existing remake customers an opportunity order future games before they are offered to the general public.

When are the SE plus models shipping?

#2955 2 years ago

This whole thing seems like a giant mess. Hopefully everyone who is serious about owning and playing this game gets what they want.

#2956 2 years ago

I’m sure these two companies are not making things up as they go, but man does it feel that way.
Bit of a mess but hope folks are happy now.

#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

It's disappointing that the only way you can get a matching CCr serial number is if you own all 3 of the remakes. I'm out of luck getting the same serial # that would match my MMr & MBr.

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

I’m happy you guys realized the obvious conflict issue with PPS as your licensor partner and distributor at the same time

The loyalty is and should be with CGC the manufacturer and it’s good to see ALL CGC buyers appreciated, not just PPS

#2959 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It's disappointing that the only way you can get a matching CCr serial number is if you own all 3 of the remakes. I'm out of luck getting the same serial # that would match my MMr & MBr.

Its a tricky one, what do you do if a guy with AFMr #100 and a different guy with MMr #100 both request CCr #100?

#2960 2 years ago

All the dealers need a big drink tonight. Sure they are getting hit with a ton of emails and it’s Saturday.

#2961 2 years ago

Thanks I am an LE buyer and appreciate the communication from you all! I will get a backglass as well just did not order through PPS I also appreciate the loyalty program this is great. Much thanks to Flipnout pinball as well great service.

John

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Its a tricky one, what do you do if a guy with AFMr #100 and a different guy with MMr #100 both request CCr #100?

The way it was handled in the past.....The last LE buyer gets priority. That is how I was able to get a matching # for my MBr. The the guy that bought my # on the AFMr didn't buy the MBr. If he had, he would have been given priority. Since I have the number I'm requesting, I should be given priority.

#2963 2 years ago

What a mess.

The differences are now almost nothing. If you can't manage selling an LE model, DON'T OFFER THEM.

At least we all know for next time.

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:I appreciate Rick’s responsiveness in opening mirrored backglass sales to all CCr customers.

First Toppergate, then Backglassgate, now Loyaltygate. I am sure that will go off without a hitch... BTW I hope that the newly revised CCr game matrix showing the 3rd machine is wrong. Shows the LE machine with no topper. Now THAT would be hilarious

#2965 2 years ago

Cool we're back to LE's being so unique compared to the SE
Again at least give LE buyers Lyman code

#2966 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What a mess.
The differences are now almost nothing. If you can't manage selling an LE model, DON'T OFFER THEM.

I agree there really isn’t that significant of a difference, but the LE still represents an excellent value. Shaker motor, art blades, powder coating essentially for free. I do think that from a secondary market perspective LEs won’t hold much of a premium.

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Cool we're back to LE's being so unique compared to the SE

Rick and Morty standards are the most limited editions of that title.

I imagine that will be true for CCr

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball

Thanks ! And I'm in on that

#2969 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Whatever, glass was just a option, could throw in anything except they are not using any lube but just ramming it in dry

You can get a refund if the extra toppers bother you so much.

Really, all of you unhappy LE buyers can get a refund, and you won't be out *anything* except a bit of time. No need for dry-ramming.

#2970 2 years ago

Cgc needs to step up for LE buyers. I have purchased all there LE's and this is bullshit.

#2971 2 years ago

Y'all are funny. I am still on the waitlist for an LE (asked to be put on it in the beginning of October, so hoping I squeak in) and I still REALLY want the LE. The value is certainly there still. Powdered armor, shaker, art blades, sculpts, and the LE badge which just feels fun to have are all there beyond the topper. Plus the warranty. I want it real bad, so feel free to back out

#2972 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Cgc needs to step up for LE buyers. I have purchased all there LE's and this is bullshit.

I have 2 of the 3. I didn't buy AFM.

#2973 2 years ago

As a first time purchaser of a NIB LE from CGC and PPS I do appreciate the communication here. You don't really see the other manufacturers doing this.

#2974 2 years ago

I'm not overly bothered by this ... Woukd it be cool to have the topper as an exclusive ? Yes . Did it ever say it was ...actually no just said included . We do still get some other goodies ... And happy about the backglass ... No need to be outraged , mildly annoyed maybe . They are offering refunds and acknowledge this may not make everyone happy .

What I will say is that the entire reveal etc could have been done better they obviously were not prepared, but all good !

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

LE buyers can get a refund

That’s true, but with a refund the LE buyers don’t get what they bargained for and what they were clearly told they would receive. A refund doesn’t fix that.

#2976 2 years ago

Look, fellow pinsiders, there are no winners here. The people who didn’t get an le and wanted the topper are now paying the price for an le. The le owners who wanted the le for its uniqueness and the fact that it’s a collectors item got screwed because that uniqueness is gone and anyone now can turn their pin into an le. We all got played. Bend me over and call me Suzie

#2977 2 years ago
FE639812-F2FC-433F-BD07-DD366CB07EE0.gifFE639812-F2FC-433F-BD07-DD366CB07EE0.gif
#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

You don't really see the other manufacturers doing this.

To be fair, Spooky is all over the Halloween thread with information and updates

That said, it is nice to see!

#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What a mess.

I'm sure it wasn't their intent, but as a consumer it feels a bit like a bait and switch. Official advertisements listed the topper as only on the LE. The last two remake games only had the topper with the LE. And even at expo, they only put a topper on the CCr LE. And if LE demand wasn't as strong, they almost certainly would've left it exclusive to the LE to drive sales.

If they just would've committed to a path from the get go-even the current path--no one wouldve given two shits and would still be celebrating the LE and its amazing apron at no extra cost.

Hopefully they learn from this and improve.

I will give them props for keeping the 'LE' price reasonable for today's market. They probably could've charged $11k and sold all of them just the same.

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Y'all are funny. I am still on the waitlist for an LE (asked to be put on it in the beginning of October, so hoping I squeak in) and I still REALLY want the LE. The value is certainly there still. Powdered armor, shaker, art blades, sculpts, and the LE badge which just feels fun to have are all there beyond the topper. Plus the warranty. I want it real bad, so feel free to back out

Dude of course you want it. Why because it cost the same either way and you get a couple Extra things. This screws the LE buyers. So glad it helps you though. Cgc is really starting to lose my business and I have been pro them since the very beginning.

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You can get a refund if the extra toppers bother you so much.
Really, all of you unhappy LE buyers can get a refund, and you won't be out *anything* except a bit of time. No need for dry-ramming.

It’s not extra toppers. They released a whole other version of the game. Worst thing they could have done. Would rather them of released a few more LE’s or sold topper separate.

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Look, fellow pinsiders, there are no winners here. The people who didn’t get an le and wanted the topper are now paying the price for an le. The le owners who wanted the le for its uniqueness and the fact that it’s a collectors item got screwed because that uniqueness is gone and anyone now can turn their pin into an le. We all got played. Bend me over and call me Suzie

Well said. Maybe CGC will have toppers for both models going forward then. Precedent has been made, especially if the current LE buyer could be locked in for LE's for all subsequent games due to the loyalty concept

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

It’s not extra toppers. They released a whole other version of the game. Worst thing they could have done. Would rather them of released a few more LE’s or sold topper separate.

I’m hoping that by making a different version of the game they will prioritize building the LEs at least. I will be bummed to see SEs with toppers in homes before LEs ship. Not sure what’s the hold up with LEs not shipping until January, I would have guessed it was the topper production.

#2984 2 years ago

The worst part is that they stand to make a SHITLOAD from this cash grab but won't even try to appease those who stood behind them to order their LEs early.

Why not provide the Lyman update? More cash I guess....

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

That’s true, but with a refund the LE buyers don’t get what they bargained for and what they were clearly told they would receive. A refund doesn’t fix that.

They won't get anything because they're not paying for anything. Free market! If they hate it so much, I hear Homepin is about to release Spinal Tap.... that'll be even more eXcLuSiVe if that's what they're looking for.

#2986 2 years ago

Even though cgc says you can cancel your LE they have pretty big balls. If I don't buy an LE I won't buy. They will and should lose sales!
There are to many pinball manufacturers now so thanks cgc

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’m hoping that by making a different version of the game they will prioritize building the LEs at least. I will be bummed to see SEs with toppers in homes before LEs ship. Not sure what’s the hold up with LEs not shipping until January, I would have guessed it was the topper production.

I totally agree. The LEs should come first...especially after all this mess. As I said before, this title roll-out has been a joke from the get-go.

#2988 2 years ago

Are coin mechanisms included?

#2989 2 years ago

And key fobs???

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The worst part is that they stand to make a SHITLOAD from this cash grab but won't even try to appease those who stood behind them to order their LEs early.
Why not provide the Lyman update? More cash I guess....

Of course, it's a total cash-grab.

I went to purchase the mirrored backglass from CPR the same day they pulled it from their website. The only expanation I received was that they are no longer allowed to sell the backglass.

Total BS...and totally a cash grab.

#2991 2 years ago

CGC clearly stated the topper came with the “LE only”. That’s what CGC said not any Pinsider or LE buyer. Those were CGC’s words and only CGC’s words. I guess your definition of “free market” is that people can just do whatever they want, which I guess at the end of the day they can, but at what cost?

I’ll remember your position if I ever sell you a pin. Once we agree on a price and shake hands on the deal, I’ll be glad to know that immediately thereafter I can change my mind and tell you I need another $1000 to do the deal and you won’t have a problem with it.

#2992 2 years ago

I will probably be canceling by flipping it nib. LE owners keep your games and flip it and buy a SEplus

#2993 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Dude of course you want it. Why because it cost the same either way and you get a couple Extra things.

Yeah, Dude, I do. And have been on the list since a month before release. And STILL want it.

Quoted from srmonte:

This screws the LE buyers.

I am still hoping to be one of the "screwed" LE buyers.

Quoted from srmonte:

So glad it helps you though.

Only if you put your money where your mouth is and BACK OUT!!!

Quoted from srmonte:

Cgc is really starting to lose my business and I have been pro them since the very beginning.

Again, please take your business from them so I might have a chance to become a screwed LE buyer

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Of course, it's a total cash-grab.
I went to purchase the mirrored backglass from CPR the same day they pulled it from their website. The only expanation I received was that they are no longer allowed to sell the backglass.
Total BS...and totally a cash grab.

Who is it that controls who can sell what?

Rick pulls back glass from CPR right before this fiasco hits. $$$

Now let’s all thank Rick for “making it available” for everybody. If I’m not mistaken wasn’t it already available for EVERYBODY to purchase from CPR?

I need help removing the pineapple plunged up my arse! Ok not really but I thought that was very funny! Damn pineapple would hurt really bad

#2995 2 years ago

Purchased an LE - and still plan to get it, but what CGC is doing really leaves a bad taste. If it’s a money grab, so be it. But, at least make the LE a little more extra special by throwing in the new code when it comes out or the mirrored back glass. I think that would go a long way to make LE buyers feel better about their purchase.

#2996 2 years ago

All this consternation and angst and I bet CGC gets less than a dozen cancellations.

I do hope y'all enjoy *playing* these games when they finally arrive, whichever model you wind up with.

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now let’s all thank Rick for “making it available” for everybody. If I’m not mistaken wasn’t it already available for EVERYBODY to purchase from CPR?
I need help removing the pineapple plunged up my arse! Ok not really but I thought that was very funny! Damn pineapple would hurt really bad

LOL

#2998 2 years ago

This feels a little like a return to the pre-LE/CE era when you just buy the machine as built and enjoy it. Maybe CGC will take this into the future with new titles, selling the additions separately from a base model. That may have a positive effect to keep the costs down and deescalate the frenzy over every new release. Having said that, interest in this title from collectors concerned about value may also go down, resulting in more available machines. It’s all good, there are a lot of new pinheads to pick them up. I just hope the other toppers become available as well.

#2999 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It had been available for the past 2 years.

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

All this consternation and angst and I bet CGC gets less than a dozen cancellations.
I do hope y'all enjoy *playing* these games when they finally arrive, whichever model you wind up with.

Nah they will lose overall sales. Not to mention those that it leaves a bad taste. Best of luck next time guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.