(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 133.
#2901 2 years ago

The LE's vs. SE's with topper is very similar to the premium vs LE in Stern Models. People still want LE's regardless. I don't think it will affect anything.

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

"I don't get the exclusive offers in dealing with PPS. I am in Canada, so I cannot order thru you guys, but i would be very interested in a mirrored backlgass and Brian Allen Artwork."
we will look into what we can do on that ... all very complicated with Territories, which is not a complaint, just a complication!

I imagine this would be appreciated by a lot of buyers who are locked out from dealing with you guys due to their locations.

Can you not simply offer this to anyone who’s able to prove they have purchased a CCR? Surely it would benefit yourselves at PPS with a much larger pool of consumers potentially keen on adding a back glass to their CCR?

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The backglass is probably made by CPR

The mirrored backglass on ARMrLE is stunning!

Im definitely in on this!

#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I doubt that…

They have one ... I'd like the backglass not sure is a "subdealer" any idea when LEs are supposed to ship?

You still get in addition powered coat, apron , train tracks , mine cart maybe something else I missed .

#2905 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The mirrored backglass on ARMrLE is stunning!
Im definitely in on this!

I have a BUNCH of their mirrored backglasses. They are all awesome.

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

After discussions with our dealers and customers, we have decided to add an option to purchase CCr-SE with the topper. The CCr-SE+ will include all the features of CCr-SE plus the Wild West Shootout Topper. CCr-SE+ will retail for $9,250. Dealers will be initially allocated an equal number of this new model as their LE allocation. There are currently no plans to offer the topper separately.
CCr-LE will continue to have a number of exclusive features including: the Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty.
We feel the topper is an important part of the game and want to provide CCr-SE owners an option to enjoy this experience.
We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the time to make this game to the best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent.
Any buyers that no longer feel CCr-LE is an exceptional value or feels they will derive less joy from the game due to others having access to the topper will be allowed to cancel their orders with dealers and receive a full refund of deposit money.

Wow very fair Doug. I didn’t imagine this scenario but reading this seems very fair.

Congrats on a great solve in my eyes!

#2907 2 years ago

I wonder if AFMr and MBr toppers will become available as well. This will reduce pressure on the LE frenzy in the future if a new business model.

#2908 2 years ago

So anybody have any idea how much the mirrored backglass will cost?

#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I imagine this would be appreciated by a lot of buyers who are locked out from dealing with you guys due to their locations.
Can you not simply offer this to anyone who’s able to prove they have purchased a CCR? Surely it would benefit yourselves at PPS with a much larger pool of consumers potentially keen on adding a back glass to their CCR?

It’s typical. What a crock of shit! Lol. You might as well just end the charade and have one distributor for CGC since PPS controls the licensing anyhow and just stuck a fork in every other distributor eyes.

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

So anybody have any idea how much the mirrored backglass will cost?

It will be Banning Prices

#2911 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I wonder if AFMr and MBr toppers will become available as well. This will reduce pressure on the LE frenzy in the future if a new business model.

Man I hope so

#2912 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

"I don't get the exclusive offers in dealing with PPS. I am in Canada, so I cannot order thru you guys, but i would be very interested in a mirrored backlgass and Brian Allen Artwork."
we will look into what we can do on that ... all very complicated with Territories, which is not a complaint, just a complication!

Awesome! thanks for the quick response and making the effort to look into it!!

#2913 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s typical. What a crock of shit! Lol. You might as well just end the charade and have one distributor for CGC since PPS controls the licensing anyhow and just stuck a fork in every other distributor eyes.

I dont think this is the case.

Subdealers would include all official distributors of CCr, and exclude any of the unaffiliated private flippers out there.

A subdealer would be anyone who purchased games under license and contract from PPS and/or CGC and followed the agreements.

Thats the way I read it.

#2914 2 years ago

Wow cgc quit digging deeper holes damn

#2915 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:I dont think this is the case.
Subdealers would infer official distributors of CCr and not any NIB flippers.

They listed the “sub dealers”. That does NOT include all of the official distributors. Not by a long shot

After the goodwill gesture by CGC for the SE buyers, which does put substantially more $$ in their pockets, PPS comes along, with its exclusive license, and creates an incentive, that only they can offer, to buy from them over the other dealers.

It’s certainly what it looks like

#2916 2 years ago

I dont think this is the case.
Subdealers would infer All official distributors of CCr only and exclude any of the unaffiliated private flippers out there.
Thats the way I read it.

It sounds like this is a PPS thing only and not necessarily a CGC thing. I may be wrong, hard to tell.

#2917 2 years ago

This just keeps getting better.

As per my previous post, I’m happy to buy anyones LE if they are so outraged by the SE being available with a topper. I’m standing by waiting for the flood of offers in my dm’s.

000725A5-94CE-476C-812D-64686BB9E5DA (resized).jpeg000725A5-94CE-476C-812D-64686BB9E5DA (resized).jpeg
#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They listed the “sub dealers”. That does NOT include all of the official distributors. Not by a long shot
After the goodwill gesture by CGC for the SE buyers, which does put substantially more $$ in their pockets, PPS comes along, with its exclusive license, and creates an incentive, that only they can offer, to buy from them over the other dealers.
It’s certainly what it looks like

I dont think so, I read it this way:

"Anyone who buys a Cactus Canyon Remake game from Planetary Pinball (PPS) or our subdealers will automatically be enrolled in the PPS Game Loyalty Program (GLoP)"

Subdealers would be the distibutors and PPS and some others were added SEPARATELY for clarity:

"These loyalty program benefits will also apply to customers who purchase from Nevada Pinball ([email protected], Starcade Amusements ([email protected]), and Don's Custom Service ([email protected]), and Planetary Pinball ([email protected])."

The term anyone would also include international sales thru licensed channels.

#2919 2 years ago

Toopergate went the way I thought it would. LE exclusivity is now a joke. “Is that the LE? Sure is! Look at the apron, it has a number!!”

Now there is backglass controversy. Wtf.

Went in on the LE because I wanted the topper, willing to take a risk that Lyman code would be great and reasonably priced. Plus side, now it is a risk I don’t have to take. Trying to decide if I am going to back out of the LE and re-visit in a year. All of this crap is reducing my enthusiasm.

#2920 2 years ago

A little bummed at the decision. But, I guess fair enough. I'm not looking to flip the game, so really it is what it is.

I bought mine from Coin Taker... So, no mirrored backglass for me? What the fuck??

This whole game launch just plain old sucks.

Now it's time to fire up the line on the AFMr LE toppers. I'm in for the $1250 price tag.. where do I sign up....?

Brian

#2921 2 years ago

I dont think read it that way.
Subdealers would be the distibutors and PPS and some others were added SEPARATELY for clarity:
"These loyalty program benefits will also apply to customers who purchase from Nevada Pinball ([email protected], Starcade Amusements ([email protected]), and Don's Custom Service ([email protected]), and Planetary Pinball ([email protected])."

It’s called the “PPS game loyalty program” which includes those specific “sub dealers”

It doesn’t say “PPS game loyalty program” which includes every other distributor as well.

Clearly, they want to capture all the SE sales that will now be generated as a result of the topper with their licensing advantage

How is it viewed any other way?

I don’t really care about it but I would think some non PPS buyers are gonna pitch a fit

#2922 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s give PPS the benefit of the doubt and hope this announcement today was just poorly worded.

If it wasn’t, I can’t imagine CGC’s other distributors will be happy with this either.

#2923 2 years ago

I agree, distributors will not be left out on this.

The way I read it, everyone should be ok.

#2924 2 years ago

Got my le from flipnout really would like to pay extra for mirror backglass. Your basically telling people you messed up not ordering direct. I’m loyal to Zach bc he treats me well. Kind of sucks.

#2925 2 years ago

AMAZING job CGC on the allowing toppers to be purchased for SE buyers!!! This is an extremely fair way to do it…

#2926 2 years ago

WOW, what a debacle!

#2927 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Let’s give PPS the benefit of the doubt and hope this announcement today was just poorly worded.
If it wasn’t, I can’t imagine CGC’s other distributors will be happy with this either.

Poorly worded? They want to capture all the SE sales now the topper is available and are using a competitive advantage.

The timing of the announcement was clearly planned after Doug made his announcement

#2928 2 years ago
CC (resized).jpgCC (resized).jpg
#2929 2 years ago

Gotta admit, Rick is keeping super busy with the W/B licensing. Kudos to him for keeping the flame alive.

#2930 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

t’s called the “PPS game loyalty program” which includes those specific “sub dealers”

No, it's not written that way.

they are not subdealers or they wouldnt be listed at all, but be included in the term.

they are "other" and noted separatly because they are not subdealers or distibutors.

#2931 2 years ago
Quoted from Jman44:

[quoted image]

1250 SE+ as well, is what I was following

#2932 2 years ago

I'm exited to be getting the LE, but not as excited as I was before....

This title roll-out has been the biggest joke from the start.

The game loyalty program should have been announced back in August when PPS first started taking name for the LE list...giving people more incentive to purchase through PPS. For them to create this "loyalty club" this late in the game is a serious slap in the face to so many of their customers. I'm happy that the SE crowd can get the topper, but, to me, there's a lot less incentive to buy a CGC LE machine for now on. The SE buyers get their games earlier than the LY buyers?....c'mon man....

#2933 2 years ago

The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.

Planetary Pinball

#2934 2 years ago

No, it's not written that way.
they are not listed as subdealers or it would be stated.
they are "other" and noted separatly because they are not subdealers.

So you are saying the loyalty program applies to ANY buyer of a CCR game, from any licensed distributor?

Because that would be the only right answer

Well there you go. Answer clarified above

Ok now I’m off to play my Godzilla LE and have a few beers! Get busy Lyman

#2935 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

1250 SE+ as well, is what I was following

"Dealers will be initially allocated an equal number of this new model as their LE allocation."

"Initially" makes it sound like they can allocate(make) more.

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The Cactus Canyon Mirrored Backglass will be available for ALL CCR Customers (1 per Customer). This was difficult to figure out so we kept it to PPS customers but CGC will be providing us a way to ensure it can be available for all CCR customers.
Planetary Pinball

How do we place an order? If I were to purchase the backglass as well as the playfield glass, will these be factory installed? I'd like to get on the list early in hopes of getting a free number plate.

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Planetary Pinball

This is good news. Look forward to getting one!

Thanks for opening it up to all distributors.

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

LE exclusivity is now a joke

Artificial scarcity is a joke. Cry me a river.

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Planetary Pinball

Thanks Rick!

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Poorly worded? They want to capture all the SE sales now the topper is available and are using a competitive advantage.
The timing of the announcement was clearly planned after Doug made his announcement

Maybe.

But the CC mirrored backglasses disappeared from the CPR site which leads me to believe maybe PPS wanted to sell mirrored backglasses exclusively and that decision was obviously made before Doug’s announcement.

What’s worse though with this loyalty program is that apparently unless you buy a CCr directly from PPS you’re relegated to third-class status on the interest list for future CGC remakes.

I’m really hoping we get some clarification on this.

[Edit: I see PPS just clarified that the mirrored backglass will be available to ALL CCR purchasers]

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe.
But the CC mirrored backglasses disappeared from the CPR site which leads me to believe maybe PPS wanted to sell mirrored backglasses exclusively and that decision was obviously made before Doug’s announcement.
What’s worse though with this loyalty program is that apparently unless you buy a CCr directly from PPS you’re relegated to third-class status on the interest list for future CGC remakes.

PPS had no choice but to include everybody now. Especially right after the poorly planned topper BS!

A “loyalty program” is naturally designed to have you buy again from them by creating an incentive to do so

Hopefully they have their shit straight now

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe.

I imagine that is due to demand and avoid confusion.

CGC is going to use up all that CPR can supply for a good long time.

Im confident they will reappear after the initial thousand or more glasses are delivered.

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Planetary Pinball

Great to hear. Any idea on availability and price?

#2944 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Planetary Pinball

Great!

#2945 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got my le from flipnout really would like to pay extra for mirror backglass. Your basically telling people you messed up not ordering direct. I’m loyal to Zach bc he treats me well. Kind of sucks.

I second that and am in the exact same position as you.

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Planetary Pinball

Excellent news. That statements reads as though All CCR customers can purchase the mirrored backglass regardless of which distributor the game is purchased from. Certainly good news for us here in Australia. Hopefully the other options are available too, including the ability to get secure new titles as they are announced.

#2947 2 years ago

How about throwing in the HD glass to LE buyers to ease or de- thorn that pineapple you just shoved up their ass

#2948 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Artificial scarcity is a joke. Cry me a river.

Market has proven that more exclusive editions hold their value better. They make manufacturers more profit. They are more sought after by a significant part of the pinball community.

If you personally don’t care, that’s cool. No need to be a dick about it.

#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

How about throwing in the HD glass to LE buyers to ease or de- thorn that pineapple you just shoved up their ass

HD glass wasnt an option on the AFMrLE and it included the mirrored backglass.

I still dont have it in mine, it didnt really need it, and I have a couple sheets sitting unused here.

#2950 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Market has proven that more exclusive editions hold their value better. They make manufacturers more profit. They are more sought after by a significant part of the pinball community.

If you personally don’t care, that’s cool. No need to be a dick about it.

That was barely a brook, let alone a river.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.