(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 133.
#2851 2 years ago

Toppergate dealt with...
Now for 10 pages of complaining

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

After discussions with our dealers and customers, we have decided to add an option to purchase CCr-SE with the topper. The CCr-SE+ will include all the features of CCr-SE plus the Wild West Shootout Topper. CCr-SE+ will retail for $9,250. Dealers will be initially allocated an equal number of this new model as their LE allocation. There are currently no plans to offer the topper separately.
CCr-LE will continue to have a number of exclusive features including: the Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty.
We feel the topper is an important part of the game and want to provide CCr-SE owners an option to enjoy this experience.
We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the time to make this game to the best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent.
Any buyers that no longer feel CCr-LE is an exceptional value or feels they will derive less joy from the game due to others having access to the topper will be allowed to cancel their orders with dealers and receive a full refund of deposit money.

When will this version ship? Based on PPS listing looks like starting in November. If that’s the case that’s the only aspect I find disappointing. LEs last in line.

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Toppergate dealt with...
Now for 10 pages of complaining

Nothing for any reasonable person to complain about

#2854 2 years ago

Smart move.

I’m in on the LE and happy for all.

#2855 2 years ago

I’m still happy with my LE purchase, but I do think the difference between the SE and LE is now very minimal. With that being said, can’t wait for my ship date!

#2856 2 years ago

I think its the best decision. Essentially a $1,250 topper without the LE's other perks.

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

When will this version ship? Based on PPS listing looks like starting in November. If that’s the case that’s the only aspect I find disappointing. LEs last in line.

Since more toppers need to be made the SE with the topper should be shipped after all LE machines have been shipped.

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Since more toppers need to be made the SE with the topper should be shipped after all LE machines have been shipped.

Planetary seems to suggest November

NEW MODEL!! NOV 6- SPECIAL EDITION + TOPPER! CCR SE+ / CCR-SE-PLUS What everyone was waiting for! These are confirmed thru PPS

This is for a DEPOSIT for the Cactus Canyon Remakes which will be shipping starting NOVEMBER 2021!

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Planetary seems to suggest November
NEW MODEL!! NOV 6- SPECIAL EDITION + TOPPER! CCR SE+ / CCR-SE-PLUS What everyone was waiting for! These are confirmed thru PPS
This is for a DEPOSIT for the Cactus Canyon Remakes which will be shipping starting NOVEMBER 2021!

That was just quickly copied from the SE listing ... we have not heard when it will be shipping and updated the listing.

#2861 2 years ago

Why not just make more LEs and make everyone happy and put more money in your pocket. The only people that will be upset are the flippers, who buy just to make money off you. There is nobody that won't buy this game becouse you are making 2000 LEs if they are they are buying for the wrong reasons. Bottom line its a game.

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

After discussions with our dealers and customers, we have decided to add an option to purchase CCr-SE with the topper. The CCr-SE+ will include all the features of CCr-SE plus the Wild West Shootout Topper. CCr-SE+ will retail for $9,250. Dealers will be initially allocated an equal number of this new model as their LE allocation. There are currently no plans to offer the topper separately.
CCr-LE will continue to have a number of exclusive features including: the Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty.
We feel the topper is an important part of the game and want to provide CCr-SE owners an option to enjoy this experience.
We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the time to make this game to the best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent.
Any buyers that no longer feel CCr-LE is an exceptional value or feels they will derive less joy from the game due to others having access to the topper will be allowed to cancel their orders with dealers and receive a full refund of deposit money.

So you're basically paying the LE price without the rest of the LE features. I give up on CGC.

#2864 2 years ago

So how about LE's don't have to pay for Lyman code?? I agree the LE is not so different from the SE

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So how about LE's don't have to pay for Lyman code??

I was thinking something similar. Maybe they can do something to further differentiate the LE from the SEs other than the topper. There really isn’t much difference now.

#2866 2 years ago

I'm still happy to be getting the LE.

I think CGC ought to offer a backglass to the LE buyers.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I think CGC ought to offer a backglass to the LE buyers

I’d even pay a little extra for it as an LE buyer.

#2868 2 years ago

I think they should offer one model like williams did and sell as many as they can.

#2869 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Looks like Planetary has some kind of mirrored back glass to buy

Option to purchase an exclusive mirrored Cactus Canyon backglass (offered only to our CCR customers, limit is one per customer)

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Hell yes I love that

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Looks like Planetary has some kind of mirrored back glass to buy
Option to purchase an exclusive mirrored Cactus Canyon backglass (offered only to our CCR customers, limit is one per customer)

Do you have a link?

#2872 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Do you have a link?

They shared it themselves a few posts above. The program sounds cool. Rewards loyalty. I am assuming it applies to people whom already made deposits.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Game

#2874 2 years ago

"11/6/2021

Anyone who buys a Cactus Canyon Remake game from Planetary Pinball (PPS) or our subdealers will automatically be enrolled in the PPS Game Loyalty Program (GLoP).

Also ... NOV 6 Chicago Gaming just announced the Cactus Canyon Remake Special Edition Plus (CCR SE+) which is the CCR SE PLUS the TOPPER!!

Benefits of the GLoP are as follows:

- Option to purchase an exclusive mirrored Cactus Canyon backglass (offered only to our CCR customers, limit is one per customer)
- Option to purchase an exclusive, numbered collector's art piece from artist Brian Allen @ flylanddesigns.com (offered only to our CCR customers, limit one per customer) who has been creating various title pinball artwork"

I don't get the exclusive offers in dealing with PPS. I am in Canada, so I cannot order thru you guys, but i would be very interested in a mirrored backlgass and Brian Allen Artwork.

#2876 2 years ago

Well, this is somewhat disappointing. Had I known this I would have stayed on the PPS list and not ordered from my local distributor.
(unless buying from PPS means buying any CCr from any authorized distributor)

From the the PPS web page today:

Anyone who buys a Cactus Canyon Remake game from Planetary Pinball (PPS) or our subdealers will automatically be enrolled in the PPS Game Loyalty Program (GLoP).

Also ... NOV 6 Chicago Gaming just announced the Cactus Canyon Remake Special Edition Plus (CCR SE+) which is the CCR SE PLUS the TOPPER!!

- Option to purchase an exclusive mirrored Cactus Canyon backglass (offered only to our CCR customers, limit is one per customer)
- Option to purchase an exclusive, numbered collector's art piece from artist Brian Allen @ flylanddesigns.com (offered only to our CCR customers, limit one per customer) who has been creating various title pinball artwork
- FREE cactus canyon OEM (WMS #21-6721 not engraved) plaque (while supplies last)
- You will be placed on our priority waitlist for the next CGC game (LE Tier 1, SE+ Tier 2 Priority)
- in addition, LE purchasers will be allowed to purchase HD playfield glass for $50 off our regular price.

These loyalty program benefits will also apply to customers who purchase from Nevada Pinball ([email protected], Starcade Amusements ([email protected]), and Don's Custom Service ([email protected]), and Planetary Pinball ([email protected]).

In addition, if you were on the LE waitlist as of 11/6/21, and you order (and place a deposit for) an SE+ in the 7 days after this announcement, you will be placed on our "Priority Upgrade List", where your SE+ order will be upgraded to an LE order if any LE customers decide to not take their game for no additional charge! Your position on the Priority Upgrade list will be the same as your position on the current LE waitlist. New SE+ customers will be placed on at the end of the current list after those from the LE waitlist. Once your SE+ game ships to you, however, you will be taken off this list.

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Love this idea! A Mirrored backglass would look so good on this machine!

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, this is somewhat disappointing. Had I known this I would have stayed on the PPS list and not ordered from my local distributor.

Well they said deposits refundable….so you could always switch to get those benefits. Honestly I think they may be better then what you get out of the LE. Godzilla is my first mirrored backglass and it’s really cool.

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

So, only buyers from PPS can get a mirrored back glass?? I have a deposit on an LE and have been opened minded on the topper issue. However, as an LE buyer, I think I should have the ability to get the best possible version of the game. My deposit isn’t with PPS and if only PPS customers can get the mirrored back glass then I guess there is a second tier of LE now and I think that it is total BS.

#2880 2 years ago

"I don't get the exclusive offers in dealing with PPS. I am in Canada, so I cannot order thru you guys, but i would be very interested in a mirrored backlgass and Brian Allen Artwork."

we will look into what we can do on that ... all very complicated with Territories, which is not a complaint, just a complication!

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

So, only buyers from PPS can get a mirrored back glass?? I have a deposit on an LE and have been opened minded on the topper issue. However, as an LE buyer, I think I should have the ability to get the best possible version of the game. My deposit isn’t with PPS and if only PPS customers can get the mirrored back glass then I guess there is a second tier of LE now and I think that it is total BS.

The wording is kind of vague…maybe it’s offered to anyone who purchased CCR regardless of where.

#2882 2 years ago

I just got an email from rick at PPS:

11/6/2021

- Option to purchase an exclusive, numbered collector's art piece from artist Brian Allen @ flylanddesigns.com (offered only to our CCR customers, limit one per customer) who has been creating various title pinball artwork
- FREE cactus canyon OEM (WMS #21-6721 not engraved) plaque (while supplies last)
- You will be placed on our priority waitlist for the next CGC game (LE Tier 1, SE+ Tier 2 Priority)
- in addition, LE purchasers will be allowed to purchase HD playfield glass for $50 off our regular price.

These loyalty program benefits will also apply to customers who purchase from Nevada Pinball ([email protected], Starcade Amusements ([email protected]), and Don's Custom Service ([email protected]), and Planetary Pinball ([email protected]).

In addition, if you were on the LE waitlist as of 11/6/21, and you order (and place a deposit for) an SE+ in the 7 days after this announcement, you will be placed on our "Priority Upgrade List", where your SE+ order will be upgraded to an LE order if any LE customers decide to not take their game for no additional charge! Your position on the Priority Upgrade list will be the same as your position on the current LE waitlist. New SE+ customers will be placed on at the end of the current list after those from the LE waitlist. Once your SE+ game ships to you, however, you will be taken off this list.

* PPS reserves the right to sell any unordered backglasses or art pieces to the general market. PPS GLoP subject to change at any time.

#2883 2 years ago

You can only order a mirrored backglass if you are on the PPS CC preorder list?

I think you need to offer the backglass to any CC buyer regardless of where they ordered from. I asked to get on the PPS list before the reveal and never even got a response back.

#2884 2 years ago

How do I get in the GLoP list? I want to order a backglass ASAP

#2885 2 years ago

So happy I can get a topper for my SE. the guy I buy LEs from couldn’t get me one so I settled for the SE. the topper was a big reason I really wanted the LE. Great move to keep it not model specific similar to what they did with the MMR topper

#2886 2 years ago

And now we officially move from topper-gate to backglass-gate

#2888 2 years ago

So effectively we have three tiers with standard (unlimited), 'new LE' (1250) and 'old LE/CE' (1250).

Does cut into collectability of the old LEs quite a bit, but does at least keep an upper bound on toppers.

If you have an old LE spot and really want the game to play and a topper, then it's still a no-brainer as the apron is still a nice upgrade. Otherwise not a huge difference now?

#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And now we officially move from topper-gate to backglass-gate

That and LE buyers should get their games before SE+ buyers.

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You can only order a mirrored backglass if you are a PPS customer?
I think you need to offer the backglass to any CC buyer regardless of where they ordered from. I asked to get on the PPS list before the reveal and never even got a response back.

I'm confused, is the backglass a CGC product? From their post it sounds like it's a PPS produced add on?

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from Timelord000:

I'm confused, is the backglass a CGC product? From their post it sounds like it's a PPS produced add on?

PPS holds the license to Bally/Williams, but it’s not clear to me if the backglass has anything to do the CGC.

#2892 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

The wording is kind of vague…maybe it’s offered to anyone who purchased CCR regardless of where.

I have to say that I’m kind of tired of vague wording. This shouldn’t be this complicated. As someone who has a deposit down on an LE, I didn’t concern myself with the topper issue. However, I do expect to be able to get the absolute best version of the game and that includes the back glass. I’ll see how it all plays out, but my patience is running thin. It’s just too complicated and I’m not sure it’s worth it.

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from Timelord000:

PPS owns the CCr rights, CGC is making them.

Its a joint venture.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

So effectively we have three tiers with standard (unlimited), 'new LE' (1250) and 'old LE/CE' (1250).

Plus the side-tier of those who qualify to buy a mirrored backglass if they bought from the right distributor. This is starting to get silly.

EDIT, side tier is no more, anyone with a ccr can get the glass.

#2895 2 years ago

Mirrored backglass!!! YES!!!!!!!

#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from Timelord000:

The backglass is probably made by CPR

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

PPS owns the CCr rights, CGC is making them.
Its a joint venture.

Gotcha, thanks

#2898 2 years ago
5t85tu (resized).jpg5t85tu (resized).jpg
#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The backglass is probably made by CPR

I doubt that…

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I doubt that…

Why not?

Up until a few days ago, you could buy the CC mirrored backglass from CPR. It was removed from the CPR website just a few days ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 210.00
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/58?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.