(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 133.
#2801 2 years ago

I asked for an LE Tuesday from distro and got one

#2802 2 years ago

At this point, if I had a pinball company, I'd pull shenanigans like this with toppers, increased LE numbers, and more LE styles just to sit back and watch Pinside melt down...knowing most people will eventually quit their bitching and just buy it anyway.

#2803 2 years ago

Contacted Sara first thing Monday, but haven't heard back, guessing I missed out on the LE. Anyone know if she's made it through the full list yet?

#2804 2 years ago

Sadly I still can’t find a CCR LE for MSRP.

#2805 2 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Contacted Sara first thing Monday, but haven't heard back, guessing I missed out on the LE. Anyone know if she's made it through the full list yet?

I emailed like a week ago and never heard anything. Awesome customer service over there.

#2806 2 years ago

I had never purchased a pin from PPS before, but in this new world where everything is always selling out I decided "a pinball in the hand was worth two in the bush." That's why I asked Sara to put me on her LE list.

#2807 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I emailed like a week ago and never heard anything. Awesome customer service over there.

maybe try phoning again... I am sure they are not responding and gain business... the phones and emails are I am sure piling up, if you didn't get thru in the morning try in the afternoon. and repeat till you get an answer. I am in retail and know when things are rocking you cannot get to everyone, you try but you just cant. it is best for the consumer to keep trying till they get in.

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I did contact Sara about a week ago too. Here is the reply I got:

Hi,

I added you to our waiting list for CCR LE, thanks!

I still don't know what we have available, but I have you down on the wait list and I will get back to you by the end of next week thank you so much!

Sara

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Beanie Babies were collectable once too. lol

They are not anymore?!?

Ooooooo! It just hit me.... how about a Beanie Baby themed pinball machine?

It's value would = collectibles x collectibles. $$$

(But will the LE have an exclusive topper???)

#2810 2 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

They are not anymore?!?

Borderline worthless as of a few years ago!

#2811 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Sara has actually been pretty incredible to work with during this great CCrLE "race" - great communication and follow-through. Got to imagine it's been crazy on their end as well.

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Sara has actually been pretty incredible to work with during this great CCrLE "race" - great communication and follow-through. Got to imagine it's been crazy on their end as well.

Well I would say never getting a response is not incredible customer service.

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

They are not anymore?!?
Ooooooo! It just hit me.... how about a Beanie Baby themed pinball machine?
It's value would = collectibles x collectibles. $$$
(But will the LE have an exclusive topper???)

Certain beanie babies are still $$$

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Can someone please go to Playfield 76 and shoot some video of Bionic Bart and the topper mode?

I have just what you are looking for. It is towards the end of the video at the 1:55 mark, but it shows the actual gameplay of the topper. It is pretty cool. It reminds me of the video mode in Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure to get the medallion, except it is with bad guys or good guys that light up randomly on the topper in the windows. Just like what was mentioned in this thread, move the star yellow LED lights with the left or right flipper buttons to line up with a target and press both flipper buttons to shoot the enemy. Watch out for the innocent people in the windows and don't shoot them.

The best part about the topper is the movement of the arms having the guns being drawn and pointed at the player from Big Bart during a Quickdraw. The way it jolts back when the bad guy drop target gets hit will never get old. It adds so much to the game. I witnessed Bionic Bart mode, but I was playing it and didn't video it. It is a great mode that I wish I paid more close attention to the rules. But it was over before I could draw out my phone.

If you are close to Reno we have a launch party scheduled on November 9 from 7-9 PM at Playfield '76 if you want to have a chance to play the prototype with the first at a public location aside from Expo and MGC. It is stunning in person!

Kudos to Ted for playing the game getting to the topper shootout mode while I was filming the video.

#2815 2 years ago

Around 1:55 of the video is the shootout ...

#2816 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I have just what you are looking for. It is towards the end of the video, but it shows the actual gameplay of the topper. It is pretty cool. It reminds me of the video mode in Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure to get the medallion, except it is with bad guys or good guys that light up randomly on the topper in the windows. Just like what was mentioned in this thread, move the star yellow LED lights with the left or right flipper buttons to line up with a target and press both flipper buttons to shoot the enemy. Watch out for the innocent people in the windows and don't shoot them.
The best part about the topper is the movement of the arms having the guns being drawn and pointed at the player from Big Bart during a Quickdraw. The way it jolts back when the bad guy drop target gets hit will never get old. It adds so much to the game. I witnessed Bionic Bart mode, but I was playing it and didn't video it. It is a great mode that I wish I paid more close attention to the rules. But it was over before I could draw out my phone.
If you are close to Reno we have a launch party scheduled on November 9 from 7-9 PM at Playfield '76 if you want to have a chance to play the prototype with the first at a public location aside from Expo and MGC. It is stunning in person!
Kudos to Ted for playing the game getting to the topper shooting gallery mode while I was shooting the video.

Great job Mark!

Ill try to make the launch party if i can.

Playfield 76 is really a great place!

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

I had never purchased a pin from PPS before, but in this new world where everything is always selling out I decided "a pinball in the hand was worth two in the bush." That's why I asked Sara to put me on her LE list.

I did the same. Never heard back from her, though. Guessing that meant I didn't get on the list in time. That is fine but a follow up email letting me know what happened would be nice.

#2818 2 years ago

So the topper is incredible? That’s the signature calling card of CGC

It’s phenomenal.

There will be plenty games available at 1,250 and this price. Have some patience

Look at MBrLE

Don’t get caught up in the FOMO. Are AFM, MM and MB better games?

Well……..what’s Lyman doing.

#2819 2 years ago

Think about some FOBI.

Fear of Being included.

Might work out better

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I'm pretty unhappy about not getting an LE. I put my name of the list with my local distributor in August, the day of the announcement. I had bought my previous two NIB games from this same distributor with local delivery and was very happy with the distributor who even swapped out a defective MMRLE for a new one for me. I did not sign up for PPS list because I would rather deal with my local distributor who delivers to my house. I guess that was a mistake. But, I never expected this distributor would not have enough allocation.
I followed up in October after official release and was told they had to wait to see the allocation and was told they would also see about matching my serial number from my MMRLE. I never heard back after this or in response to any of my subsequent follow-up emails. I have confirmed with Doug that all distributors know they're allocation by now.
I don't think I will buy an SE. I hope some people will drop out of LE and maybe I'll be able to get one, or pay a flipper for a NIB.
Just upsetting...

Very similar story for me too. Crickets on my emails and phone calls. Meanwhile we get to read everyone bitching about a topper sale tarnishing their LE purchase.... I just wanted a matching LE with my other game.

#2821 2 years ago
CCR_Pinstadium (resized).pngCCR_Pinstadium (resized).png
#2822 2 years ago

I never understood pinball company's making only a limited amount of games. They put in all that design work and turn people away from buying there machine. There should be only 2 model a deluxe with all the bells and whistles and a strip down version. And make as many as they can sell. I guess they do not want my 9000. By limiting all they are doing is having people make money off of them by selling it higher in the aftermarket. They probably could of easily sold 2000 LEs

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I never understood pinball company's making only a limited amount of games. They put in all that design work and turn people away from buying there machine. There should be only 2 model a deluxe with all the bells and whistles and a strip down version. And make as many as they can sell. I guess they do not want my 9000. By limiting all they are doing is having people make money off of them by selling it higher in the aftermarket. They probably could of easily sold 2000 LEs

It's dumb when other companies do it, but it's particularly irritating with CGC as some of the LE features are less trim and more substantial features. I think CGC has become my least favorite pinball company based on that alone. With Stern or JJP you can always get a Premium/"LE" and feel like you're not really missing much from the actual limited tier model. With CGC you definitely miss out and it's a completely unnecessary sleight to customers who want to give them their money.

#2824 2 years ago

Prediction: CCr top ten Pinside

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

It's dumb when other companies do it, but it's particularly irritating with CGC as some of the LE features are less trim and more substantial features. I think CGC has become my least favorite pinball company based on that alone. With Stern or JJP you can always get a Premium/"LE" and feel like you're not really missing much from the actual limited tier model. With CGC you definitely miss out and it's a completely unnecessary sleight to customers who want to give them their money.

Do you remember the Jurassic Park Goat mode debacle from Stern? You can no longer buy that if you want to and they coded a whole game mode around it. It wasn't just a video mode like game that CGC did, it was a fully featured and fun pinball mode that requires a specific topper to play it.

Sterns LEs feel more like cash grabs. Look at their latest LE. They powder coat some purple legs, threw a 40th anniversary sticker on it and are charging $25k! Also, JJP has exclusive content in some of their collectors editions games. Look at Guns and Roses as an example. Those companies are doing way worse things with limited editions than a silly topper mini game.

Also CGC hasn't even decided how they're handling the topper situation yet. They could still produce it for everyone to buy and enjoy.

#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Prediction: CCr top ten Pinside

Only after the Lyman code goes live.

#2827 2 years ago

I think they should redesign the topper for the SE crowd. No one can say anything negative then.

#2828 2 years ago

CCr is a grail game for me.

Ive been wanting one for 20 years.

Im so excited about this game!

Topper or no topper, its an awesome game.

Pinsider negativity, sour grapes and topper nonsense, cant diminish the fact that this may be the best game ever from CGC.

Whether you get the LE or the SE or a standard, you cant possibly be disappointed.

I cant wait to see what the modders do for this title, its going to be epic!

Saloon doors anyone? Lol

#2829 2 years ago

Hopefully we can get a close up pic from underneath the new CCr PF to see if the PF has been routed out for saloon doors

276b1e5a5c8243c48d655118c4fcbcca9befbbea (resized).jpg276b1e5a5c8243c48d655118c4fcbcca9befbbea (resized).jpg3ba2bff8827185ef09531e074f7aa84e5d1790e0 (resized).jpg3ba2bff8827185ef09531e074f7aa84e5d1790e0 (resized).jpg
#2830 2 years ago

Pretty cool, original prototype from years ago, just stumbled across this vid from 10 years back.

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

In Aus did you also have to buy 1 x SE for every LE you wanted? Same rule here in the U.K.

Yes we did

#2832 2 years ago

The preprder for the First batch of speakergrills will close tomorrow

Stainless Steel. 59,- shipped

07AE4579-2D89-4CF7-9B0C-5396C5E3363A (resized).jpeg07AE4579-2D89-4CF7-9B0C-5396C5E3363A (resized).jpeg

#2833 2 years ago

Played this for the first time ever at Midwest Gaming Classic yesterday. How'd I do, for not knowing what I was doing?

IMG_20211105_204255659_HDR.jpgIMG_20211105_204255659_HDR.jpg

#2834 2 years ago

Please tell us your impression in 300 words or less

Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Played this for the first time ever at Midwest Gaming Classic yesterday. How'd I do, for not knowing what I was doing?
[quoted image]

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

[quoted image]

Yes! Do tell! What are your thoughts!?

#2836 2 years ago

Wasn't bad at all IMHO!
Seemed well built as expected. Display and lights were clear enough about objectives that I could get the general idea even in a noisy show.

Apron design was really nice in person. Shots flowed well - I bricked a few but I think that was all me. Updated display is gorgeous.

I wasn't well prepared to weigh the good and bad - I was a bit tired and rushed - but I suppose if anything stood out, it would be that the autolauncher was a bit weak - but that's probably specific to the machine I played.

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I can afford one more pin for the next year and I think this pin looks great. However, I really want Toy Story if JJP releases it. Any thoughts on future pins I should hold out for or should I go CCr SE?

Just buy it. Toy story probably wont be released for at least 6 months. Then they will have to start making them and lots of people want that title as well so it might be another 3-6 months until it arrives. You can always sell CC when the time comes to purchase Toy Story.

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I can afford one more pin for the next year and I think this pin looks great. However, I really want Toy Story if JJP releases it. Any thoughts on future pins I should hold out for or should I go CCr SE?

I had a similar decision. Toy Story has been on my wish list for a long time but I really like CC and can realistically only afford one without selling others.

Decided to get Cactus Canyon now because I know what the game is, the playfield is silk screened and CGC has a rep for great customer support. When I contrast that with having no idea on what Toy Story will be, JJPs refusal to address their playfield issues, rapid decline in customer support and gutting the basic warranty it was a far easier decision for me than it should have been.

However, if unless you are convinced CCr is the choice for you why not wait and see? SEs should be available for quite a while and if Toy Story is announced next year you can see and play both before you decide.

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

When I contrast that with having no idea on what Toy Story will be, JJPs refusal to address their playfield issues, rapid decline in customer support and gutting the basic warranty it was a far easier decision for me than it should have been.

This is why I will never buy another JJP. They don’t care about their build quality or their customers anymore. My pinball money is going to companies that do care about those things!

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hopefully we can get a close up pic from underneath the new CCr PF to see if the PF has been routed out for saloon doors [quoted image][quoted image]

There are literally huge gaping holes in the PF at the doors. I'm not sure such a rough Whitewood is a very good indicator of what a tested and polished mech would need to be installed retroactively.

#2841 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

This is why I will never buy another JJP. They don’t care about their build quality or their customers anymore. My pinball money is going to companies that do care about those things!

Warren Buffett has always said that one of greatest assets of a company and one of the highest measures of success is reputation.

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

"Lose money for the firm, and I will be understanding. Lose a shred of reputation for the firm, and I will be ruthless."

Jack and Doug have taken very different approaches with their company’s reputations.

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Warren Buffett has always said that one of greatest assets of a company and one of the highest measures of success is reputation.
"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."
"Lose money for the firm, and I will be understanding. Lose a shred of reputation for the firm, and I will be ruthless."
Jack and Doug have taken very different approaches with their company’s reputations.

Absolutely! Well said.

#2843 2 years ago

We should be hearing something soon. Doug_Duba said he would let us know by today.

#2844 2 years ago

Since a classic model isn't happening. Is it possible to mod a SE to have the speakers/screen/ bezel in the classic style?

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Since a classic model isn't happening. Is it possible to mod a SE to have the speakers/screen/ bezel in the classic style?

Yes they are selling the special edition plus with the topper for $9250

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I think they should redesign the topper for the SE crowd. No one can say anything negative then.

Agreed. Change the color of the cowboys hat and guns and call it good.

#2847 2 years ago

After discussions with our dealers and customers, we have decided to add an option to purchase CCr-SE with the topper. The CCr-SE+ will include all the features of CCr-SE plus the Wild West Shootout Topper. CCr-SE+ will retail for $9,250. Dealers will be initially allocated an equal number of this new model as their LE allocation. There are currently no plans to offer the topper separately.

CCr-LE will continue to have a number of exclusive features including: the Gunslinger Wooded Lower Arch, Mine Cart, Train Tracks, Custom Art Blades, Gun Metal Grey Trim, LE Medallion, Shaker Motor and Extended Warranty.

We feel the topper is an important part of the game and want to provide CCr-SE owners an option to enjoy this experience.

We could have shipped CCr nearly a year ago but took the time to make this game to the best of our collective abilities. Hopefully this effort is apparent.

Any buyers that no longer feel CCr-LE is an exceptional value or feels they will derive less joy from the game due to others having access to the topper will be allowed to cancel their orders with dealers and receive a full refund of deposit money.

#2848 2 years ago

Great decision. Make the topper an integral part of the game.

Only downside I can see is that some SE buyers may not want to spend $1250 on the topper.

[Edit: ok, I guess the topper purchase is optional for SE buyers but can’t be purchased by itself. Not quite as good but overall a good balance by CGC.]

#2849 2 years ago

Smart move ...

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

After discussions with our dealers and customers, we have decided to add an option to purchase CCr-SE with the topper.

A decision you must have almost agonised over, but on balance, I think the right one, for what it's worth BTW the game looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.