(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 133.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Unless they altered the hardware, the train has one switch; The ‘home’ position so it knows when it’s back at the start. Period. The movement is basically a slipper clutch that doesn’t go the same speed on every game due to age/wear/etc. There’s very little you can “do” with it.

Well, the game will have a completely new OS, new code, (some) new art, redesigned mechs...surely they could also add a switch or two for the train position too?!

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I believe most games are drop ship from the manufacturer to the buyer.
The distributor then just takes in the money and pays cgc.
Robert

this definelty not the norm. most games are shipped to the distributors and then out to the customers. there is a substaintial fee for drop shipping from the manufacturer directly to the customers (the same as other pinball manufacturers), and we actually enjoy personally delivering games to our local customers. if you feel that your distributor is just there for the money then you should consider a new distributor.

#203 2 years ago

CCr acronym already taken for Cosmic Cart Racing.
Ya'll need to pick another.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

He didn't say the new one couldn't be better than a Royal.

He said standards/classic and special editions only.

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I was thinking Creedence Clearwater Revival....

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I’m a MMR owner who’s been thrilled with my machine since the day it arrived. I have limited space and will not be adding CCr (just like I didn’t add AFMr or MBr when they came out.). But let me assure anybody on the fence about CCr, Chicago Gaming Company is the best pinball company out there. High quality across the board - especially tech support! LTG is the best in the business, and George Bork is fantastic as well.

I agree on the fact that LTG and George are great. I had a few problems with my NIB afmr and Lloyd was always there to help as well as George.
George has answered my tickets via the CGC website and has called me several times.
Lloyd has always reached out quickly to help as well!

My collection only includes 3 games so far (all CGC) and may have room for 3 more and I’m almost certain the only games I’ll add are CGC.

Richard

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

CCR cosmic cart racing

CCr Cactus Canyon remake

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Well, the game will have a completely new OS, new code, (some) new art, redesigned mechs...surely they could also add a switch or two for the train position too?!

I get a feeling that the train mech has been redesigned/engineered

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

He said standards and special editions only.

And greed may kick in later. If they watch JJP and Stern prices on open market why wouldn't they go for more profit.

Pretty dumb to build an $8995 pin when the market wants a $12K pin that costs You $500 more to build.

And if they learn how to do other pins on line like Stern it may even be sooner.

The pent up demand for MMR is going to change timing if Distributors give feedback on the requests for it.

Personally I've owned 4 HUO MM's in the past. I went with AFMrLE instead.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is CGC going to make LCD display games or are the originals going to be DMD too?

Every game they’ve ever made has been LCD.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

CGCCC
CGCCCR

?

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since those games were announced. There have been a lot of great pins brought to market.
Maybe why CGC is making plans for independent titles in the future. Remake days might be numbered.
LTG : )

I think it’s time after this release.

#213 2 years ago

Crazy prices right now on the MM Royal. So glad I bought mine when I did. I paid way over retail for my nib. Then I loaded it up with all of the goodies. Not sure if I would break even at 15k sale at this point. Lucky for me it is not going anywhere. Sits next to my AFMR LE and my MBR LE. Already made a nice warm spot for my CCR LE.

#214 2 years ago

For CGC'S sake, I am glad to see people taking the Pokémon strategy to heart...

#216 2 years ago

A few tidbits I found interesting from watching the presentation:

They have replaced "all the reed switches" with a new inductive sensor. For those that know the game well, where are these reed switches and are they indeed problematic?

Interactive Topper has more inputs and outputs than a early solid state game - interesting comparison.

They still silk-screen all their playfields - this may not be "news" but I found it interesting to hear it confirmed.

They have five pinball related projects all in the works at this time.

They re-designed the drawbridge assembly in the last run of MMr to use a direct-drive motor and eliminate the gears - I'd love to see detailed pictures of that just out of curiousity as an MM owner.

Right now the plan is for only the CCrLE to have the Topper with integrated special game, may be subject to change.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They re-designed the drawbridge assembly in the last run of MMr to use a direct-drive motor and eliminate the gears - I'd love to see detailed pictures of that just out of curiousity as an MM owner.

I shot a comparison photo just now for anyone interested.

DSC00559 (resized).JPGDSC00559 (resized).JPG
#218 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )[quoted image]

Wow, that definitely looks it's been greatly simplified! Does the drawbridge still tend to gap open a little at the top or does it close up pretty tightly on the new one?

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does the drawbridge still tend to gap open a little at the top

Yes. Linkage is the same. See right side of motor and right side of gears. Or it would be a pain getting it to sit flat on the playfield. Only the gears gave way to a straight drive motor.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

A few tidbits I found interesting from watching the presentation:
They have replaced "all the reed switches" with a new inductive sensor. For those that know the game well, where are these reed switches and are they indeed problematic?

CC has a total of 4 MRS'. 2 at the Mine Entrance, 1 at the right ramp and 1 on the right loop top.....they are not at all problematic (that's why you never hear a lot about them) - in fact likely less problematic than the inductive sensors -which will be active (MRS' are passive).... the problem was - the sources for MRS' are highly limited (just us)....although they never reached out to us...

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#221 2 years ago

Ive heard rumor for a few sources that this will be a SE, LE title and no classic has CGC come out and confirmed the classic is a run on this title?

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Ive heard rumor for a few sources that this will be a SE, LE

I have heard the same thing

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:Ive heard rumor for a few sources that this will be a SE, LE title and no classic has CGC come out and confirmed the classic is a run on this title?

That would suck I would pay more for the ce look

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Ive heard rumor for a few sources that this will be a SE, LE title and no classic has CGC come out and confirmed the classic is a run on this title?

They didn't say anything about the tiers or the pricing in the presentation but maybe it doesn't make sense to continue to do two sets of code for the different display sizes so no more CE??

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Man I hope this isn’t true. I wanted to be in on this, but I don’t need all the LE additions. I just want to play the game.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Man I hope this isn’t true. I wanted to be in on this, but I don’t need all the LE additions. I just want to play the game.

I agree. I was hoping to get a CE show game at some point.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Williams went through a design change as well for the original run MM drawbridge/gate assembly. Williams production assembly drawing A-22033 was created after A-21723. I know this because I own those production drawings. I don't think A-21723 ever made it into production in early games but I could be wrong.

#228 2 years ago

Given the topper will have game play elements I really hope it won’t be limited and available as an add like MMR. I know they did that with MMR because it wasn’t originally offered, but I feel like the fact there is gameplay involved also justifies offering in this case.

#229 2 years ago

I really want the topper to be a scaled down Sega Gun Fight.

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They didn't say anything about the tiers or the pricing in the presentation but maybe it doesn't make sense to continue to do two sets of code for the different display sizes so no more CE??

There will be no classic version. Only special edition and limited edition models

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

There will be no classic version. Only special edition and limited edition models

DAGNABBIT!!

31B6A7A8-7252-42DB-BC44-0CAA516AD993 (resized).jpeg31B6A7A8-7252-42DB-BC44-0CAA516AD993 (resized).jpeg
#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Source ?

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Barf I detest the wide DMD look for classic games

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Williams went through a design change as well for the original run MM drawbridge/gate assembly. Williams production assembly drawing A-22033 was created after A-21723. I know this because I own those production drawings. I don't think A-21723 ever made it into production in early games but I could be wrong.

According to the manual. Page 2-34 and 2-35 are before July 21, 1997 production. And page 2-36 and 2-37 after July 21, 1997.

Some other parts were changed too in the manual with references to when built.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Crazy prices right now on the MM Royal. So glad I bought mine when I did. I paid way over retail for my nib. Then I loaded it up with all of the goodies. Not sure if I would break even at 15k sale at this point. Lucky for me it is not going anywhere. Sits next to my AFMR LE and my MBR LE. Already made a nice warm spot for my CCR LE.

A Royal just got listed for $17,500 so We'll see if CGC talking about another run changes pricing.

#237 2 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the keynotes/facts from the CCR presentation at the show, please?

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

A Royal just got listed for $17,500 so We'll see if CGC talking about another run changes pricing.

The fact they said "no more Royal Editions will be made" is probably why that just got listed for $17.5!

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

this definelty not the norm. most games are shipped to the distributors and then out to the customers.

At least 2 of my CGC LE’S came from Chicago.

Robert

#240 2 years ago

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt.

Right when I thought I was safe from spending money on pinball for a while, this happens.

I've owned a MMr and still proudly own my AFMr.

I honestly think CGC builds the best quality games in pinball overall. And they definitely have the best toppers in all of pinball (my AFMr topper is still impressive to this day).

MMr was my first game I ever owned, so I had nothing to compare it to. But now that I've owned game from pretty much all manufacturers, played them, worked on them, etc., I'd confidently say CGC is the best of the bunch.

I hope they've addressed the issues with clearcoat chipping on exposed edges, but aside from that, there is nothing I would pick at.

I love that they're always pushing to add cool things like the wide screen DMD, additional lights (AFM, MB) and more.

Looking forward to seeing what they have coming!

#241 2 years ago

I’m in the market for a NIB.

If the new code is just finishing it to B/W standards - OUT.

If the new code is on par with a modern game -BUY.

I love the theme. Hope it works out. Otherwise, i likely go with Godzilla.

#242 2 years ago

Wait a minute. Who says we can't buy Cactus Canyon and Godzilla

#243 2 years ago

I’m in. Concerned about the code. Wish they contracted epthegeek to expand that code. Terrific guy and super talented.
The only other Western theme I can think of that I love is Frontier.

#244 2 years ago

I don't like the music at all. Hope they address that.

Added over 2 years ago:

Ok, the music is starting to grow on me a bit...

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’m in. Concerned about the code. Wish they contracted epthegeek to expand that code. Terrific guy and super talented.

His stance may have changed over the years but when the idea of him allowing PPS to use his code for CCR Eric was publically vocal that it would happen over his dead body. I never followed that saga at all but reading the tea leaves I think there is / was some bad blood between he and Rick from PPS.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I’m in the market for a NIB.
If the new code is just finishing it to B/W standards - OUT.
If the new code is on par with a modern game -BUY.
I love the theme. Hope it works out. Otherwise, i likely go with Godzilla.

If you want modern game rules, go buy a modern game. The whole point of these remakes is to have classic B/W standards brand new in the box.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Was the change in gears/motor done for all MMR's or just the latest run? I bought my MMR SE in 2017 and was wondering if my machine would have the new motor too?

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Quote from Poor Man's pinball podcast

Poor Man’s: You have no idea if they’re doing Cactus Canyon?

Eric: Oh it is the next one…it’s been all over.

Poor Man’s: Has anyone from there contacted you?

Eric: They contacted Terry at Pinball Life because they knew that he knows me, and they said “hey, we want to talk to him about Cactus Canyon”…so then Terry calls me and said “hey they want to talk to you about something to do with Cactus Canyon, he didn’t tell me what or anything and he gave me his contact information”. So I called the guy, he didn’t answer, and Terry said “I don’t know why he gave you this number, he never answers this phone”. So I called him, he didn’t answer his phone, I left him a big message, I followed it up an email to his work email address. I never heard a thing. I don’t know, I don’t even know what they wanted.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

According to the manual. Page 2-34 and 2-35 are before July 21, 1997 production. And page 2-36 and 2-37 after July 21, 1997.
Some other parts were changed too in the manual with references to when built.

Both have an offset gear set. Thanks Lloyd!

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have heard the same thing

Hope not. With high tax and conversion rate I'd be priced out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.