(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 133.
#151 2 years ago

So as someone who’s never played a CC (and I’m sure there’s a bunch of us) how does it shoot? All I’ve ever heard is that the code was unfinished and that CCC was awesome, but unlike the previous 3 releases chances are you can’t find an original to play to see if you like how it shoots. The theme is a 10/10 for me as I’ve given up on someone making a Good, Bad, and the Ugly pin.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

So as someone who’s never played a CC (and I’m sure there’s a bunch of us) how does it shoot? All I’ve ever heard is that the code was unfinished and that CCC was awesome, but unlike the previous 3 releases chances are you can’t find an original to play to see if you like how it shoots. The theme is a 10/10 for me as I’ve given up on someone making a Good, Bad, and the Ugly pin.

Play it on The Pinball Arcade and it will atleast give you an idea of the rules and how the shots are.

#153 2 years ago

Is CGC going to keep up with the strategy on especially AFM, that the LE is the best deal?

I think it´s a terrible strat, since (atleast for me) i couldn´t bring myself to buying the Special edition, since i felt it was a really bad deal in comparishion.

If they go that route, i think the LE´s will sell out instantly and then the other two versions will look very uninteresting.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I´ve only played the original a couple of times. Shoots are fun, but it feels hollow, maybe it can be great with code.

#155 2 years ago

What’s the status on saloon doors?

They were in prototype but didn’t make it into production games…

#156 2 years ago

Here's a link to the CGC presentation:

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Interesting talk

#158 2 years ago

I stand corrected. They’re bringing back another run of MM in 2023 according to their presentation.

Quoted from FalconDriver:

I heard different on another MM run. Hope it’s true.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Thank You for posting that.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

it's interesting, as time has passed it looks like the demand for remakes is shuffling around a bit. 3 or 4 years ago I think people would have voted TOM and TOTAN as obvious choices.... now I suspect that WH2O and Funhouse may have passed them. Maybe not... but especially with TOTAN you rarely hear people ask for it to be remade.

Well you can see where it is on the poll I started 3 years ago if that helps. Votes are changeable so I'm sure many have changed their votes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-remake-wish-list-what-would-you-like-to-see-remade

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I got the kit when they were available. Basically makes a MM Standard into a Royal with RGB light kit, topper, color wide screen, and premium sound system. Simple install and the price was certainly worth it.

Really? I’d buy one for sure. If I got any money left after CCr LE

#162 2 years ago

If the ccr le ships with what mmr Royal did, expect the new price for those to be 10,500

#163 2 years ago

CC is more famous for rarity and being a bookend on wms production (of normal games) than it is for it being a good game IMO.

Can’t see this being anywhere near as popular as the first 3 remakes but with some good code and today’s crazy market anything is possible.

#164 2 years ago

I am glad to see the 3 year rumor finally come to fruition. One thing I respect is the amount of quality control and sign-offs needed for a CGC game. You know you will receive a top notch product that has been perfected before release. Should they have released CC two years ago at TPF? No-the fruit was not ripe yet and perfection takes time.

Who else has that itch to see what the interactive topper is all about? Who has the insider info on topper? Anyone, Anyone?

Gidde up y'all

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If they do not redo IJ TPA they are leaving a ton of money on the table.

They have trouble getting these non license games out on time - IJ would be a nightmare with Lucas and Disney

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I got the kit when they were available. Basically makes a MM Standard into a Royal with RGB light kit, topper, color wide screen, and premium sound system. Simple install and the price was certainly worth it.

Just a small point of clarification for anyone reading this in the future, the kit converts and standard MMr into an MMr-Royal. It can't be used on an OG MM.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They have trouble getting these non license games out on time - IJ would be a nightmare with Lucas and Disney

Yup, they would gobble up all the “money on the table” and make it less lucrative for CGC.

Still… they could probably sell 500 CE at over 14k and a ton at 9-10k. So maybe it would work out!

#168 2 years ago

Im excited for cactus canyon…. Can’t wait to see what they have done with code…….

TOTAN, TZ on my wish lists

Hope they are able to keep making all the remakes…..

There is plenty of demand out there

#169 2 years ago

I heard CCr is missing one or two key parts that will be delivered to the factory during the next few weeks otherwise it might have been shown at SFGE.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

If they do to TOTAN what they have done to CCr as in adding code; how could anyone refuse ? hell im in on it even if they dont alter the code: its so purrrty.

totan is one of my favorite shooting pins of all time so if they add code I think it would be hard for me to pass on it. Without new code I am not going to be too interested.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It shoots fine, feels like any other WPC95 game of that time. I would say it shoots as good as MM or AFM but the code isnt there. My friend has CCC and I decided if CGC ever remade CC with CCC code I would have bought it. Since that isnt happening I need to see what does before I will commit to this one. CC is fun but it is out classed by newer Sterns.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

The theme is great! Both the sounds and art are awesome! But then, you play it...

The gameplay and shot flow is NOT good. The ramp shots are uninspired and blah. The ball is RIGHT on top of you the instant you shoot a ramp: no ball staggering or paced flow to the playfield. I've owned the machine and I wanted to love it, because it's a gorgeous machine with a great theme. I really tried. Installed CCC, which was definitely cool. But nothing could fix the layout/ramp problems. Got rid of it years ago and have never missed it for one second.

I only post this for everyone who is all excited, and who have read the hype over the years, but have only played CC at a show or for a handful of games. You might want to play it more before you purchase one NIB. It looks the part, but doesn't play that way.

#173 2 years ago

Good to finally see something from CGC. Thought before CCr would not be a great seller but market has changed. People seem to be in a big spending mood with no shortage of fomo.

Why even mention MMr run if 1.5 years out? Will it be like Spooky where it will take 2 years just to make a modest run of one game? Seems odd.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

The theme is great! Both the sounds and art are awesome! But then, you play it...
The gameplay and shot flow is NOT good. The ramp shots are uninspired and blah. The ball is RIGHT on top of you the instant you shoot a ramp: no ball staggering or paced flow to the playfield. I've owned the machine and I wanted to love it, because it's a gorgeous machine with a great theme. I really tried. Installed CCC, which was definitely cool. But nothing could fix the layout/ramp problems. Got rid of it years ago and have never missed it for one second.
I only post this for everyone who is all excited, and who have read the hype over the years, but have only played CC at a show or for a handful of games. You might want to play it more before you purchase one NIB. It looks the part, but doesn't play that way.

I felt the same way. I was not a huge fan of the layout even with the CCC.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed IJ is a non starter IMHO.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed IJ is a non starter IMHO.

I doubt we will see any of the wide body games. I think we are going to see TOM after CC and then that's it for the remakes

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I doubt we will see any of the wide body games. I think we are going to see TOM after CC and then that's it for the remakes

No I think they said there would be 10 or 11 remakes. I was hoping to see Fathom and some older games but it looks like Haggis is making at least five of those. I'm not a fan of the Jpop games like ToM, CV and TOTAN, but CGC will probably make those. CV was fun for about a month and I have not looked back since selling it. To me WCS could also be a remake with cool video and sound assets added as would a repop of NBAFB. As mentioned above a new all LED/LCD WH2O would be an auto-buy for me, just take my money. TAF and FT would sell and I would not rule out wide bodies or IJ. MB is proof that licenses can be reattained. How about the Shadow or Congo or Championship Pub? With the updated lighting and video effects these games would all appeal to collectors.

#178 2 years ago

Guess the phrase “you don’t play the topper” will be retired after this remake.
Apparently you do now!

#179 2 years ago

I like this company

#180 2 years ago

I think the key to remakes is producing the machine with the highest return for least investment. CCr is in that boat, the mechs and parts needed are fairly straight forward and only real development costs are the engineering to adapt their platform to the CC hardware. With rarity and scarcity feeding the fomo machine, an interactive topper, and the "LE" treatment, CCr was a no brainer. Now for #5 my money is on Totan or ToM since once again, the same paradigm applies. But the mystique (or the ghost) of JPop is still viable in the classic B/W catalog only because so many of us have played (and enjoyed) the games and we continue to sing their praises even in these forums. Yes, Totan, ToM, CV and WCS are fun shooters, you can really blow them up on a regular basis, but wasn't that the allure of them when we crossed paths with them on site? We knew we could, within a few games, have a massive GC score and top the HS table? Hell I will drop coin in a ToM every time I see one, it's just fun to shoot.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the key to remakes is producing the machine with the highest return for least investment. CCr is in that boat, the mechs and parts needed are fairly straight forward and only real development costs are the engineering to adapt their platform to the CC hardware. With rarity and scarcity feeding the fomo machine, an interactive topper, and the "LE" treatment, CCr was a no brainer. Now for #5 my money is on Totan or ToM since once again, the same paradigm applies. But the mystique (or the ghost) of JPop is still viable in the classic B/W catalog only because so many of us have played (and enjoyed) the games and we continue to sing their praises even in these forums. Yes, Totan, ToM, CV and WCS are fun shooters, you can really blow them up on a regular basis, but wasn't that the allure of them when we crossed paths with them on site? We knew we could, within a few games, have a massive GC score and top the HS table? Hell I will drop coin in a ToM every time I see one, it's just fun to shoot.

The wife and I always throw quarters in tom everytime we see it also. Just one of those games that grab your attention.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just a small point of clarification for anyone reading this in the future, the kit converts and standard MMr into an MMr-Royal.

To further clear things up. It enabled MMR owners a chance to make their games comparable with AFMR and MBR, topper, big display, speakers lights, RGB lighting.

It didn't have every Royal feature like RGB pop bumper lights, and Black Diamond coated trim on front molding, side molding, legs, speaker panel, backbox hinge, lower arch, and coin door.

LTG : )

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

This is spot on! I could have written this myself (except I have not owned the pin).

There is no flow on this game, the layout is uninspired, and there are no particularly satisfying shots.

Great theme, great art, and really good callouts. But that's not enough to overcome the negative aspects of the pin, in my opinion.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

totan is one of my favorite shooting pins of all time so if they add code I think it would be hard for me to pass on it. Without new code I am not going to be too interested.

Yeah I agree. I owned totan for a few years and it would've been nice to see something more different about each mode. And some too easy E.g. the Rocs - a shot to the pop bumpers and you've done it. Great ramps, shots and flow, though. I'd consider buying a remake with updated code.

#185 2 years ago

CC is a open and flowy fan layout with a suite of great shots including some nice surprises such as pop up targets, there is a lot going on in this game and excuse me for using the saying, this really is a "world under glass"
Finally a fun Wild West theme that is obtainable.
Love it , and getting my first CGC pinball.

Screenshot_20210720-193421_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210720-193421_Chrome (resized).jpg
#186 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You know you will receive a top notch product that has been perfected before release. Should they have

If there is one Thing I have learned about the NIB experience it’s, Perfection is like the speed of light, you can only approach it…

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

CC is a open and flowy fan layout with a suite of great shots including some nice surprises such as pop up targets, there is a lot going on in this game and excuse me for using the saying, this really is a "world under glass"
Finally a fun Wild West theme that is obtainable.
Love it , and getting my first CGC pinball.
[quoted image]

I'm going in for one as well - very interested to know about the changes in code and playfield (saloon doors?) and of course the topper. I've never really got that bowl out of the shooter lane, tho.

#188 2 years ago

Wonder if the pin will have to be altered for California, New York and a handful of other states. The non dueling pistol version in the apron. Lol
Snowflake edition perhaps?

Love the humor and how non PC this game is. I welcome this game with open arms. Very excited!

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

very interested to know about the changes in code and playfield (saloon doors?) and of course the topper. I've never really got that bowl out of the shooter lane, tho.

Maybe replacing the mine mech>? I mean that thing is a ball trap and takes a lot of abuse.
Yeah I don't care for the bowl either, rip that thing out.

#190 2 years ago

How close is the original code to finish?

#191 2 years ago

I haven't played CC ever but seen some videos of people playing and I really hope they added some more code centered around the train. As it is now the train feels underutilized and a bit meaningless.

#192 2 years ago

I am hoping they do TZ....that be awesome

#193 2 years ago

Hopefully used mmr games will be more responsible priced now that they are making more.

#194 2 years ago

Or will Royals be worth more. Now that they have said only 378 made.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Hopefully used mmr games will be more responsible priced now that they are making more.

In 1 1/2 years!!!

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Or will Royals be worth more. Now that they have said only 378 made.

He didn't say the new one couldn't be better than a Royal.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I haven't played CC ever but seen some videos of people playing and I really hope they added some more code centered around the train. As it is now the train feels underutilized and a bit meaningless.

Unless they altered the hardware, the train has one switch; The ‘home’ position so it knows when it’s back at the start. Period. The movement is basically a slipper clutch that doesn’t go the same speed on every game due to age/wear/etc. There’s very little you can “do” with it.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

MMrEE - Emperor Edition

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Not possible.

#200 2 years ago

I’m a MMR owner who’s been thrilled with my machine since the day it arrived. I have limited space and will not be adding CCr (just like I didn’t add AFMr or MBr when they came out.). But let me assure anybody on the fence about CCr, Chicago Gaming Company is the best pinball company out there. High quality across the board - especially tech support! LTG is the best in the business, and George Bork is fantastic as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/4?hl=farfromheaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.