(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 133.
#2401 2 years ago

Very cool PPS

#2402 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Cactus Canyon Remake in the Wild West of Nevada - Playfield 76 150 N Arlington Ave, Reno, NV
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!!!

#2403 2 years ago

They would be crazy not to make toppers available for all their games at the cost of these things!

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Excluding Addams Family Gold, I don't think Bally/WMS had anything "limited".

Black Knight and Eight Ball Deluxe had limited editions in the ‘80s.

Honestly - the LE price inflation wasn’t a thing until the last year or so. They held their value and had moderate appreciation over the years, but the hyper exponential craziness is pretty recent.

It’s a wicked combination of a lot of new people entering the hobby, limited location play due to COVID, supply shortages, hyper inflation, worker shortages, government handouts and opportunistic flippers…am I forgetting anything???

#2405 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Cactus Canyon Remake in the Wild West of Nevada - Playfield 76 150 N Arlington Ave, Reno, NV
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now, let's get some folks in there, play the heck out of it, and come back here to report EXACTLY how the God Blessed topper is integrated into the game in an unbiased review. Maybe if we get some honest feedback on its functionality, some people here can cool their jets.

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Now, let's get some folks in there, play the heck out of it, and come back here to report EXACTLY how the God Blessed topper is integrated into the game in an unbiased review. Maybe if we get some honest feedback on its functionality, some people here can cool their jets.

Or more info on general game play.

As for topper gate:

692C2CED-D75A-4C90-9C46-B236AA111AEA (resized).png692C2CED-D75A-4C90-9C46-B236AA111AEA (resized).png
#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Unless everyone claims it was the greatest pinball experience of their lives.

#2408 2 years ago

Playfield 76 in Reno.... CCr sits next to a Time Crisis II.... According to Highway Games, Time Crisis II measures a sweet 208.2 Cm. The equivalent of 81.968504 Inch. CCr SEEMS to look the same height as Time Crisis II.... My basement has clearance for 83.25 inches... I'm reaching for ANY random calculation possible to justify in my head that this machine will fit topper and all in my ancient basement! can't wait.

clipping of CCr and Time Crisis II (resized).pngclipping of CCr and Time Crisis II (resized).png
#2409 2 years ago

Deposit is in on the Limited Edition! Can't wait! Sold my original a few years back and have been missing it since! The Topper alone makes this worth it!

#2410 2 years ago

I heard from a friend of mine that Doug Duba was going to make an announcement either tonight or tomorrow about the CCr…though he wouldn’t say what it would be.

So, maybe some of the questions people have will be clarified.

Robert

#2411 2 years ago

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am by people's response here. All hobbies like this have exclusive items that are hard to get. It makes a lot of cash for the sellers, and it creates FOMO. It's good for the hobby, believe it or not. To ask them to make the topper for everyone is just silly. It destroys the entire function of LIMITED edition items. If you want it and missed it, you'll have to pay up or do without. Big deal. Who knows, maybe these will flood the market in a few months.

For those who missed out, this has literally been the longest release in pinball history. How much more time did you need to contact a distro to get on a list?

#2412 2 years ago

Here we go again.....

#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

For those who missed out, this has literally been the longest release in pinball history.

Not even close.

#2414 2 years ago

Which manufacturer took longer?

#2416 2 years ago

Hmm... I thought this was longer. I'll take your word for it. Either way, this was a pretty freakin' long release!

#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Hmm... I thought this was longer. I'll take your word for it. Either way, this was a pretty freakin' long release!

The way I see it, its not a big deal as long as they deliver!

CGC has hit it out of the park with this title!

#2418 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Playfield 76 in Reno.... CCr sits next to a Time Crisis II.... According to Highway Games, Time Crisis II measures a sweet 208.2 Cm. The equivalent of 81.968504 Inch. CCr SEEMS to look the same height as Time Crisis II.... My basement has clearance for 83.25 inches... I'm reaching for ANY random calculation possible to justify in my head that this machine will fit topper and all in my ancient basement! can't wait.
[quoted image]

I heard Cc topper is the same height as the other remakes. So if those fit, then Cc should as well if you have any other remakes. LTG said on here that you can take the bolt off the bottom of the leg and reinsert inside the leg to gain some more head room.

#2419 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Which manufacturer took longer?

Homopin & Deeproot. Homopin took 5 years to make Thunderturds and Magic Girl is still not made!

#2420 2 years ago

I’m thinking maybe this is why Stern doesn’t release their toppers until the machines new factor goes away. So people don’t buy the pin bc they can’t get a topper for it on release. Still waiting on mando

#2421 2 years ago

Now that’s a long wait!

250C8E50-C9CB-434C-9A72-6E9ABC8FAA8A (resized).jpeg250C8E50-C9CB-434C-9A72-6E9ABC8FAA8A (resized).jpeg
#2422 2 years ago

How many bars are these in already?

20211103_191738 (resized).jpg20211103_191738 (resized).jpg
#2423 2 years ago

#2424 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Only one. Went in today. Playfield 76 in Reno Nevada.

It's a prototype. The only one on the street.

Any other prototypes were at Expo last weekend.

LTG : )

#2425 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I might point out that this is PPS' game. Along with CGC made this possible. PPS is in Nevada so it makes sense they have one being part of the team and for approvals and stuff. Since Scientific Games is in Nevada too.

Any others CGC has for up coming shows they might hit.

I don't even have one for tech support yet.

#2426 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only one. Went in today. Playfield 76 in Reno Nevada.
It's a prototype. The only one on the street.
Any other prototypes were at Expo last weekend.

Do these prototypes count as an official LE or just have the same qualities but isn’t counted in the 1250

Pretty Cool !!

#2427 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Do these prototypes count as an official LE or just have the same qualities but isn’t counted in the 1250

I doubt they are counted as anything. Myself, I refer to such games as factory bastards.

They can be so many different things. This game, that game. Stuff changed. Played at shows. Might have same stuff, different stuff. LE parts, non LE parts.

I think an official LE would be assembled on the line when production starts. Identical to the other 1249 coming down the line.

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Pretty Cool !!

They are pre-production games, so no they don't count as LE's, etc. They are made with CGC production parts and assemblies, but the final final game might have some tweaks, and final versions of things ... example the game in Reno does not have the gunmetal trim as they had just hashed out which color - so we will get them shipped to us when they come in. There are some other nuances, but otherwise it's a true CCR.

#2429 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

They are pre-production games, so no they don't count as LE's, etc. They are made with CGC production parts and assemblies, but the final final game might have some tweaks, and final versions of things ... example the game in Reno does not have the gunmetal trim as they had just hashed out which color - so we will get them shipped to us when they come in. There are some other nuances, but otherwise it's a true CCR.

Thank you for clarification PPS

Also thanks Lloyd

When do the SE models hit the line ?

#2430 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know of someone that’s paid up for an LE - when he was emailed mid afternoon yesterday they were about 3/4 of the way through the list of 65. So if you haven’t heard now, it’s unlikely.

I’m on, phew, close call, I’m #65 on the LE list, deposit paid

#2431 2 years ago

Looking forward to getting this one, in for an LE.

#2432 2 years ago

Did anyone at expo notice if there was a protector for the mine scoop? My MBr had one factory fitted like everyone else, and those were awesome. My MBr has been flawless three years in.

4EAE04B5-36E9-40C8-B00F-4A6975E94270 (resized).jpeg4EAE04B5-36E9-40C8-B00F-4A6975E94270 (resized).jpeg
#2433 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I’m on, phew, close call, I’m #65 on the LE list, deposit paid

Nice, scraped in. Congrats.

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Did anyone at expo notice if there was a protector for the mine scoop? My MBr had one factory fitted like everyone else, and those were awesome. My MBr has been flawless three years in.
[quoted image]

I can see the keyline around the scoop, doesn't appear to have a protector. I'm sure cgc will put one on for production.

#2435 2 years ago

I haven’t had time to check out all the videos from Expo, but has anything been mentioned from CGC why the original saloon doors where not brought back the remake? I was hoping we would see the return of the saloon doors from the CC prototypes.

#2436 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I haven’t had time to check out all the videos from Expo, but has anything been mentioned from CGC why the original saloon doors where not brought back the remake? I was hoping we would see the return of the saloon doors from the CC prototypes.

They're a prototype idea that wasn't fully developed. It may even not worked well or shot well.

It's weird why people for CC suddenly ask about this.
Some Monster Bash prototypes had a metal jump ramp, I don't see MBr owners asking to get that in their game ?

#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

They're a prototype idea that wasn't fully developed. It may even not worked well or shot well.
Some Monster Bash prototypes had a metal jump ramp, I don't see MBr owners asking to get that in their game ?

This would also follow the moving / rotating original main saucer for Afm that was on a telescoping arm that traveled throughout the field

But was scrapped

#2438 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Why must everyone get milk everyday. Let's just sell 10 litre of milk in the store every week and if you don't get a bottle that week, why are you so entitled that you must have milk? You can drink water and move on.
Yeah, stupid example I know, but my question still stand, why limit an item that doesn't need to be limited to sell?
Just to clarify, I'm not upset about me not getting a LE simply because I can't afford a CC at all right now (bought a MM recently that blew a hole in my wallet). I'm just baffled about the stupid decision to make stuff exclusive when they don't have to. Why can't everyone that want one be able to get one? Do we really need stuff to be exclusive so the few lucky getting one can brag and feel good about themselves while others are angry and disappointed? Doesn't cgc want to maximize their earnings? Of course, IF they went the unlimited route they should have state this from the beginning and not after people ordered games.

Yuck. Who wants to put water on their cereal??

#2439 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Likely because not a lot of people have played a CC compared to just about everything playing a MM, MB and AFM.

It’s also a pretty cool idea to have some saloon doors to bash on a cowboy pin.

#2440 2 years ago

While most of these remakes are great especially with new code, incredible new game elements aka CCR LE Topper; I’m more Interested to see once they’ve exhausted all of the Bally / Williams / Capcom titles to see what “new” original pin title(s) CGC will come up with. In between and beyond 2030. The following 7 titles would place them on average released every 2-3 years until around 2030.

Presumably these are in no particular order very likely next from CGC:

Tales of the Arabian Nights
Theatre of Magic
Big Bang Bar
Cirqus Voltaire

*Questionable CGC remakes (based on licensing) :

Twilight Zone
Indiana Jones
Addam’s Family

Everybody keeps saying the *questionable remakes won’t happen, but I think some of them are plausible. Out of the three I’m thinking Twilight Zone is the most plausible.

#2441 2 years ago

I think toppers should be available for anyone who wants to put one on their games. IF they want to keep the special apron, side art, numbered badge, I get that because that what distinguishes it from the other models. After all, Stern makes their toppers available for any of the models sold, but you have to be sure to get in before the pre-order madness because you may have to pay double (even triple) the price if you want to later have one for your pin. And they say pinball isn't an investment.

I remember when MMR was first announced and some original MM owners were pretty upset with it. They wanted to be part of the special club of owning arguable one of the best pinballs ever made, thus the heavy price tags. When those owners said something about it, they were bashed because of them being greedy, with many on pinside saying pinball shouldn't be considered an investment and should be made available for everyone. HA! Now look at the times. LEs being bought before they are even produced and sold at a higher scalper price while still in box, with excuses saying "Oh, it's too scary for the kids", "wife says NO", "I found another I would rather have", "An unexpected bill just popped up", etc, etc, etc., but I'll sell it to you NIB for X amount of money more than what I paid for it. Jeesh!

And for those ones stating that the pinball companies need to make money and we should be happy they are out there still. I agree. That's why if I was Chicago Gaming company (or anyone else for that matter), I would make the toppers for everyone who wants to own one, even the original model owners. They can somehow make it work with the different boards and even if they couldn't, then just make it so that it just lights up. I saw one pinsider who bought a MMR topper for his original MM and somehow got it to work by doing it himself. Kudos to you sir! CGC would make a boat load of money on the sales. Might as well take advantage of the license while they have it. But now the shoe is on the other foot and the remake buyers are complaining, stating that's not fair because it takes away the exclusiveness of them owning a remake. (Sound familar?)

Anyway, I think CC is the best remake CGC has made and I totally understand why they made this one than the other ones. CC is very rare with an incomplete code (unless you bought Eric's update, which is cool),and them adding more bling to it as well, while nothing in terms of code were adding to enhance the gameplay for MM, MB and AFM.

#2442 2 years ago

I got on the list a year ago just because of the topper, they already stated LE only. I could see a class action lawsuit, just on wording alone. They should have had no LE's and just made a shit ton of premiums... This was a low run game to begin with. Oh well, hope it works out for everyone.

#2443 2 years ago

2 new LE sale/trade ads this a.m. Goodmorning, and welcome to flipper / scalper / opportunistic douchebaggery at it finest!

#2444 2 years ago

I think I heard a while back....didn't CGC hire the guy that used to make the owners manuals for JJP? I forget the name.

#2445 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

toppers should be available for anyone who wants to put one on their games. IF they want to keep the special apron, side art, numbered badge, I get that because that what distinguishes it from the other models. After all, Stern makes their toppers available for any of the models sold

No. The LE topper is no different than any of the other items you mention as distinguishing it from the SE (except side art, which is the same).

Stern does not make LE toppers (e.g. Batman) or any other LE parts available to anyone other than LE owners. For Batman there was a separate topper available for the other models. For games where toppers aren’t tied to a specific trim model they are still essentially limited - demand for a lot of the toppers typically far exceeds production. Look at Elvira 40th - $20k+ and it doesn’t come with the topper. And it’s not just toppers - remember Tron ramps, Star Trek LE side rails, mirrored backglasses vs. translites?

It is unfair to CGC to ask them to solve industry wide challenges that exist with multi-version trim lines.

#2446 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

didn't CGC hire the guy that used to make the owners manuals for JJP? I forget the name.

Yes. Butch Peel.

#2447 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. Butch Peel.

That's great news.....I can't wait to see the new manual. The JJP manuals are truly a work of art.

#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I think toppers should be available for anyone who wants to put one on their games. IF they want to keep the special apron, side art, numbered badge, I get that because that what distinguishes it from the other models. After all, Stern makes their toppers available for any of the models sold, but you have to be sure to get in before the pre-order madness because you may have to pay double (even triple) the price if you want to later have one for your pin. And they say pinball isn't an investment.
I remember when MMR was first announced and some original MM owners were pretty upset with it. They wanted to be part of the special club of owning arguable one of the best pinballs ever made, thus the heavy price tags. When those owners said something about it, they were bashed because of them being greedy, with many on pinside saying pinball shouldn't be considered an investment and should be made available for everyone. HA! Now look at the times. LEs being bought before they are even produced and sold at a higher scalper price while still in box, with excuses saying "Oh, it's too scary for the kids", "wife says NO", "I found another I would rather have", "An unexpected bill just popped up", etc, etc, etc., but I'll sell it to you NIB for X amount of money more than what I paid for it. Jeesh!
And for those ones stating that the pinball companies need to make money and we should be happy they are out there still. I agree. That's why if I was Chicago Gaming company (or anyone else for that matter), I would make the toppers for everyone who wants to own one, even the original model owners. They can somehow make it work with the different boards and even if they couldn't, then just make it so that it just lights up. I saw one pinsider who bought a MMR topper for his original MM and somehow got it to work by doing it himself. Kudos to you sir! CGC would make a boat load of money on the sales. Might as well take advantage of the license while they have it. But now the shoe is on the other foot and the remake buyers are complaining, stating that's not fair because it takes away the exclusiveness of them owning a remake. (Sound familar?)
Anyway, I think CC is the best remake CGC has made and I totally understand why they made this one than the other ones. CC is very rare with an incomplete code (unless you bought Eric's update, which is cool),and them adding more bling to it as well, while nothing in terms of code were adding to enhance the gameplay for MM, MB and AFM.

Maybe they could make a scaled down version of the topper so that the LE gets the full version then the LE people get something different and all others get a topper if they want one, just different. They could run 500 (or whatever) to ensure that they don't over produce. Personally, I think the LE should be different enough in "things" to differential it from non LE. This happens on many other items available that are not pinball. Trading Cards, cars, boats, airplanes, jewelry, cereal, etc. Just saying....

#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. The LE topper is no different than any of the other items you mention as distinguishing it from the SE (except side art, which is the same).
Stern does not make LE toppers (e.g. Batman) or any other LE parts available to anyone other than LE owners. For Batman there was a separate topper available for the other models. For games where toppers aren’t tied to a specific trim model they are still essentially limited - demand for a lot of the toppers typically far exceeds production. Look at Elvira 40th - $20k+ and it doesn’t come with the topper. And it’s not just toppers - remember Tron ramps, Star Trek LE side rails, mirrored backglasses vs. translites?
It is unfair to CGC to ask them to solve industry wide challenges that exist with multi-version trim lines.

Stern only limited toppers with BM66LE & SLE something they have never done again since.

What I find weird about this CGC topper situation is they must have spent a lot of time coding in this shooting gallery feature, I just can’t see that being exclusive to the LE, whether SE owners get a slightly different topper it’s an odd choice to limit such an extensive feature.

#2450 2 years ago

anyone interested in this stainless steel speaker grills for CC

i already have this for
MB XL
AFM XL
MM XL
some useres asked me for Cactus.

b648d933762effe431832f5524b429162abb5839 (resized).jpgb648d933762effe431832f5524b429162abb5839 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,000 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/49?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.