(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 133.
#2351 2 years ago

Standard

Quoted from RavenFan1:

So here's a question...I was fortunate enought to get a MB LE when they came out. Not sure how I "snuck in" but I paid the regular price, got it from a distributor as soon as it came out and I enjoy the game. My question is - how do I get onto the future list so I get an opportunity at LE's? I bought an Avenger's but had to pay extra. I couldn't get onto the JP list and it seems I have missed CC. Any suggestions?
Also, does anyone know of anyone who still has CC LE's?
Thanks.

MBr LEs were not too terribly difficult to get, but they took forever to ship. JP LEs where available for months after the game came out. Ads up on pinside and FB for them. You should have been able to get an AIQ LE on release for slightly under MSRP. Today though much of that has changed with Stern LEs selling out before folks even see them.

#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Anyone in Australia heard from Wayne yet ? Would love to know if I’m one of the 65 or not

Yeh - he said this;
“ First round went out waiting how many want LE/SE

should know more in a couple of days”.

That was yesterday.
I put my name on the list in August so I figured I wouldn’t have an issue getting an LE but we’ll see.

#2353 2 years ago

So I'm really interested in the code, the rest of the game is fine, but it's the code that needed much love from the original. I haven't seen in the thread - do we know WHAT will be different in the game?

#2354 2 years ago

So I guess this means Wayne isn't moving forward with his own CC remake?

I wasn't ready for this news!

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is all rather sad. I wish pinball was more about the joy of playing the games versus what the game may be worth in the future.

That’s what keeps the hobby alive for a lot of people. Think if you lost thousands of dollars on every game you sold because the market was so saturated. None of us would be selling and buying new pins. This hobby is awesome because once you build up a few pins you can buy sell and trade without losing. That’s what has kept me going in it for so long. I try and enjoy it all. I’m in for an Le and I can’t wait!

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

I've been pinging them but with no success so far. Thanks though.

My kid has been calling them, most distros who answer and talk were saying yesterday that they have received well over 20 calls about people wanting a LE, my kid called everyone of them no luck.

#2357 2 years ago

Oooh baby!

Anyone in Australia heard from Wayne yet ? Would love to know if I’m one of the 65 or not

I believe some have, yes.

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

So I'm really interested in the code, the rest of the game is fine, but it's the code that needed much love from the original. I haven't seen in the thread - do we know WHAT will be different in the game?

We know the Bionic Bart mode as been implemented and the enhanced code finishes the original game consistent with the intent of the original team. Haven’t slogged through all the Expo footage to try and find specific details.

#2359 2 years ago

just dumped my se and picked up an le, had to pay a little more, but im good with that.

#2360 2 years ago

Only way I'm cool with SE's getting in on the topper is if Lymans code includes the CCContinued Frank'n'beans fart mode for LE's only. There, I said it. Bring on the beans!

Honestly, I'm super pumped for this title either way and if some of the entertaining aspects from Continued get laced in with the new code down the road (ahem... drunken multibale.... ahem.... frank'n'beans....) it's going to be a lifelong hit.

#2361 2 years ago

I know of someone that’s paid up for an LE - when he was emailed mid afternoon yesterday they were about 3/4 of the way through the list of 65. So if you haven’t heard now, it’s unlikely.

#2362 2 years ago

Did anyone receive payment confirmation email after sending the deposit yesterday?

#2363 2 years ago

Not as of yet.

Quoted from Medic:

Did anyone receive payment confirmation email after sending the deposit yesterday?

#2364 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm still waiting too. Not even an email from Paypal which I thought was odd. (Although I can see the payment went through.)

#2365 2 years ago

ccbiggsoo7 Right on!!! I was in the same boat I grabbed an SE just in case, and after calling about 20 distributors found an LE slot and cancelled the se. Congrats! I can't wait for this game

#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I sent my deposit last night to Nevada Pinball via PayPal. I got a confirmation email from PayPal that it was sent, but got nothing from Nevada Pinball. So I forwarded my PayPal confirmation to Sara and she emailed me back thanking me. She said that she will be handling all the deposit confirmations/receipts for Nevada. She has been swamped and intends to have those out in the next day or so. So it appears that all is good!

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Yeah, I'm still waiting too. Not even an email from Paypal which I thought was odd. (Although I can see the payment went through.)

The same thing happened with me. Payment shows on my PP account, but I never received an email from paypal.....odd.

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The same thing happened with me. Payment shows on my PP account, but I never received an email from paypal.....odd.

Check spam folder? I got the PayPal confirmation email. Maybe check your credit card and make sure the payment actually went through, it might still say pending.

#2369 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I sent my deposit last night to Nevada Pinball via PayPal. I got a confirmation email from PayPal that it was sent, but got nothing from Nevada Pinball. So I forwarded my PayPal confirmation to Sara and she emailed me back thanking me. She said that she will be handling all the deposit confirmations/receipts for Nevada. She has been swamped and intends to have those out in the next day or so. So it appears that all is good!

Thanks for passing that on. I figured that was probably the case.

#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just dumped my se and picked up an le, had to pay a little more, but im good with that.

I found an LE after I put down deposit on SE ‍♂️

Yes I’m an impatient idiot.

#2371 2 years ago

The LEs were available if you looked. Or if you had relationships with distros... I was offered 3 LEs. Purchased 1 from PP as they are 1 mile away from my house. I hope everyone that is still looking finds one.

#2372 2 years ago

I haven’t heard back from Sara at pps, i guess im shit out of luck

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Purchased 1 from PP as they are 1 mile away from my house.

Damn. That’s pretty convenient. I think you win the “who lives closest to their distributor” contest.

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Honestly, I'm super pumped for this title either way and if some of the entertaining aspects from Continued get laced in with the new code down the road (ahem... drunken multibale.... ahem.... frank'n'beans....) it's going to be a lifelong hit.

Ohh yeah! Same here! Really looking forward to the new code to see what they do with CCC, mixed with their ideas etc… sure to be a hit!
In the meantime I bet I will really enjoy the current enhanced code!

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

The LEs were available if you looked. Or if you had relationships with distros... I was offered 3 LEs. Purchased 1 from PP as they are 1 mile away from my house. I hope everyone that is still looking finds one.

Unless you live in Australia - one distro only - 65 LE's.

#2376 2 years ago

I just got deposit confirmation from Sara.

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I haven’t heard back from Sara at pps, i guess im shit out of luck

Sara gave people until November 15th to put down a deposit. I would guess if some deposits are not done that a few will go to people further down the list.

#2378 2 years ago

Anyone know who this clown is? Didn't Doug_Duba want to know about these distributors? This guy is selling at $11k. Says "authorized reseller?

Screenshot_20211103-174914_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211103-174914_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Didn't Doug_Duba want to know about these distributors?

Send Doug a PM

LTG : )

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Send Doug a PM

Done.

#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I need to learn your sleuthing skills - I've tried a ton of distributors (even the ones I have significant purchase history with) and no luck. Hoping when the deposit smoke clears there may be a few LEs that open up.

I really don't want to give in and support flippers, but the FOMO is real...lol

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

I need to learn your sleuthing skills - I've tried a ton of distributors (even the ones I have significant purchase history with) and no luck. Hoping when the deposit smoke clears there may be a few LEs that open up.
I really don't want to give in and support flippers, but the FOMO is real...lol

Contact Sara at PPS....I'm sure there's probably a waiting list by now, but it's worth a try.

#2383 2 years ago

Deposit just verified with Sara at PPS for an LE. Communication with her has been excellent and can’t wait to play this machine!

#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I just got deposit confirmation from Sara.

I swear, I find out about these emails in my inbox faster by just hanging out on Pinside!

#2385 2 years ago

received confirmation email for my deposit from Sara@pps just a couple hours ago. Now the wait begins….

#2386 2 years ago

A riddle for our West Coast friends! First one to figure it out gets a prize!

BOX (resized).jpgBOX (resized).jpgBYEBYE (resized).jpgBYEBYE (resized).jpg76 (resized).jpg76 (resized).jpgWHEN (resized).jpgWHEN (resized).jpg

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's a long shot, but my guess is 76 boxes of CC have left the factory and are on route (via truck) to you today?

#2388 2 years ago

First SE shipped via route 76 today to Oceanside CA!!

#2389 2 years ago

Games in box...
Shipping (via 1984 red pickup trucks)...
Now!

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ohh yeah! Same here! Really looking forward to the new code to see what they do with CCC, mixed with their ideas etc… sure to be a hit!
In the meantime I bet I will really enjoy the current enhanced code!

Curious, you have been in for the long run ... Did you secure an LE?
Or going SE route

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It's a long shot, but my guess is 76 boxes of CC have left the factory and are on route to you today?

Consolation award for dreaming big ... but dreaming nevertheless ...

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CC will start shipping 76 days from today?

#2393 2 years ago

Some additional Hints ...

- CC = Cactus Canyon, P0007 = Pre-Production Unit 7
- Machine in Truck going from a Warehouse location to somewhere ... but where?
- 76 is not Union 76 ... it's the name of the newest Arcade Bar in Reno, NV - PLAYFIELD 76 in downtown
- 6:27PM NOV 3 IS ... TODAY ...

SO, if you put them all together ...

PPS's Cactus Canyon Remake (Approval Game Pre-Productinon unit) #0007 is now up for everyone to play at Playfield 76 Arcade Bar in Downtown Reno! So for anyone in the area, drop on by and you can see and play the game as well as experience one of the best toppers ever in person ... RIGHT NOW! (happened 45 mins earlier that we had thought).

#2394 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Some additional Hints ...
- CC = Cactus Canyon, P0007 = Pre-Production Unit 7
- Machine in Truck going from a Warehouse location to somewhere ... but where?
- 76 is not Union 76 ... it's the name of the newest Arcade Bar in Reno, NV - PLAYFIELD 76 in downtown
- 6:27PM NOV 3 IS ... TODAY ...
SO, if you put them all together ...
PPS's Cactus Canyon Remake (Approval Game Pre-Productinon unit) #0007 is now up for everyone to play at Playfield 76 Arcade Bar in Downtown Reno! So for anyone in the area, drop on by and you can see and play the game in person ... RIGHT NOW! (happened 45 mins earlier that we had thought).

Dayum, I was just about to say that...LOL

#2395 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Dayum, I was just about to say that...LOL

Woulda Shoulda Coulda ...

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Playfield 76 Arcade Bar in Downtown Reno!

150 N Arlington Ave, Reno, NV

#2397 2 years ago

I'm stoked....hoping to get LE#437 to match my MBR & MMr

#2398 2 years ago

Got my deposit confirmation. It’s getting real.

#2399 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon Remake in the Wild West of Nevada - Playfield 76 150 N Arlington Ave, Reno, NV

25879 (resized).jpeg25879 (resized).jpeg25880 (resized).jpeg25880 (resized).jpeg25881 (resized).jpeg25881 (resized).jpeg25885 (resized).jpeg25885 (resized).jpeg25889 (resized).jpeg25889 (resized).jpeg
#2400 2 years ago

This is gonna bring me a bunch of hatred , but I cant stand the multi-tiered model and think it needs to GO AWAY!

Excluding Addams Family Gold, I don't think Bally/WMS had anything "limited".

IMO the price inflation started with the introduction of artificial scarcity. I agree with the argument that when Stern sees people willing to pay a scalper well over MSRP, they just raise all NIB prices. That pushes up all other NIB and used machine prices and it sucks.

About toppers...

I purchased MBRLE when it was announced specifically to get that topper.
And if they were to start selling it to everybody today, I would not care one bit. Go to town, make thousands of them.

And if they started selling the AFMrLE topper, I would buy one immediately and eventually look for an AFMr to stick it on. Ditto for MMR.

As for LE (of anything), make it so if you build an LE-clone out of individual components it ends up costing a little bit more than the LE original MSRP, and wait a year or two to release the components.

So the dudes with unlimited funds can brag they got theirs at a discount and got it first, with a plaque or something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/48?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.