(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 133.
#2301 2 years ago

its a topper ! enough already ....

#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's a forum. And a CCr thread at that. Dude, we are actually staying on topic!!

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

EXACTLY. This is a hype thread. And bottom line is this:

CGC WILL DO WHATEVER THEY ARE GOING TO DO. NO AMOUNT OF WHINING OR BITCHING WILL CHANGE THAT. REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER WILL NOT CHANGE THAT.

May as well sit back and wait and talk about the amazing fact that many people will now be able to enjoy a once very very rare game. Thank you CGC!!

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

It's a forum. And a CCr thread at that. Dude, we are actually staying on topic!!

Sorry to all the people that got the LE and don't want the Topper to be sold to SE owners . Bottom line if they are going to sell it separately (they will if they want to ) Sad for the LE owners not to let others have the full experience of the integrated topper as well!

Perfect example of cutting out more than one model only approach!

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Well, two of my buddies who are casual players really liked what they saw of the topper as most of us did. Since they can’t get the LE, they are both going with Godzilla Premium. If circumstances change with the topper, they may purchase CCr at a later date.
And they can always play CCr LE when I take delivery next year.

That is what I’m doing also. I’m not sure how many people feel this way, but I think CGC could be losing out on quite a few orders with the model they came up with on this game. In my opinion, they should have made the se the classic, made the le the standard (minus the apron, sculpts, powder coat, shaker, but with the topper) and then made a 15k LE with the apron, sculpts, chrome trim, free Lyman software upgrade when ready, and whatever else they could put on it.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sorry to all the people that got the LE and don't want the Topper to be sold to SE owners . Bottom line if they are going to sell it separately (they will if they want to ) Sad for the LE owners not to let others have the full experience of the integrated topper as well!
Perfect example of cutting out more than one model only approach!

100% agree with you on the one model approach. And for CGC just be up front with their buyers. I'm not upset about SE buyers getting a shot at the topper. I'm upset that I can't make an informed decision on what to buy with CGC's bullshit line of maybe it will be available. I am buying the LE strictly for the topper. I don't care about a wooden apron.

But, would you feel it's ok for Stern to start selling their LE backglasses to premium buyers?

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

But, would you feel it's ok for Stern to start selling their LE backglasses to premium buyers?

sure if I wanted to purchase one and they would sell me one .... non issue!

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

I think CGC could be losing out on quite a few orders with the model they came up with on this game.

The model for CCr is the same as that for AFMr and MBr, just no classic.

Your proposed super trim level doesn’t make sense because CGC doesn’t even know what the “extra code + something else” kit will include, let alone cost.

The vast majority of those who say they won’t buy CCr unless they can get a topper clearly don’t really want to own Cactus Canyon in the first place.

#2309 2 years ago

Any ideas on production runs? When they will begin? It may have been said already earlier in this thread.

I’m in on an LE

#2310 2 years ago

Mk

Quoted from pinghetto:

100% agree with you on the one model approach. And for CGC just be up front with their buyers. I'm not upset about SE buyers getting a shot at the topper. I'm upset that I can't make an informed decision on what to buy with CGC's bullshit line of maybe it will be available. I am buying the LE strictly for the topper. I don't care about a wooden apron.

This . The issue is not whether or not SE owners can get the topper . The issue is all of these manufacturers taking money & orders under false pretenses and then changing the terms after the fact . It’s getting old fast and they’ll eventually kill their own business model .

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Slippery slope.
If the key feature (initially advertised as exclusive) of an LE is going to made available to all that removes almost all incentive to buy any future LEs early.
Be careful what you wish for.

So wishing for having time to evaluate a product and still have the best version available is .....

"be careful what you wish for"

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The vast majority of those who say they won’t buy CCr unless they can get a topper clearly don’t really want to own Cactus Canyon in the first place.

The vast majority (is my guess) dont want to buy a product that is a worse and lesser deal, just because they didnt want to decide before seeing said product.

You can argue all you want for benefit for early bird or whatever, but atleast for me, i´d rather pass then feeling a got a lesser product or a worse deal.

- Sorry you werent fast enough to get a good deal., but you can have a lesser product and a crap deal. Seems great?

Think i´ll pass, but maybe it´s just me.

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So wishing for having time to evaluate a product and still have the best version available is .....
"be careful what you wish for"

wishing for having time to evaluate a product and still have the best version available is .....

Unrealistic at this time unfortunately.

I had the same issue with the new car I just bought. I couldn't see or test drive the model/trim level I was looking to buy as there are none available due to manufacturing issues. I based my decision on the manufacturer's track record and previous personal experience and ordered it anyway. Took 4 months to get it.

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

wishing for having time to evaluate a product and still have the best version available is .....
Unrealistic at this time unfortunately.
I had the same issue with the new car I just bought. I couldn't see or test drive the model/trim level I was looking to buy as there are none available due to manufacturing issues. I based my decision on the manufacturer's track record and previous personal experience and ordered it anyway. Took 4 months to get it.

We, as customers shouldn´t accept it and it´s a bad buissness model if you have a really great product.

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

We, as customers shouldn´t accept it and it´s a bad buissness model if you have a really great product.

I get what you are saying but unfortunately you are in the minority. Plenty of other people will gladly take a chance. It's a personal choice really.

While you see it as a bad business model I think CGC's business is doing quite well. They sell quality products at comparable prices to the other manufacturers.

Their offering of a limited version is no different than what Stern/JJP/Spooky/Haggis are doing.

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The model for CCr is the same as that for AFMr and MBr, just no classic.
Your proposed super trim level doesn’t make sense because CGC doesn’t even know what the “extra code + something else” kit will include, let alone cost.

In my case, it’s not that I don’t want to own a CCr, it’s that a Godzilla is more appealing to me than a topperless CCr. But I’d take a CCrle over Godzilla if I could get one. I am on the secondary list, which I don’t really have much hope for, but if I get moved up, I am going to order it. As far as my proposal for a super trim level, yes. I don’t have all the details on what that would be. That’s would be up to them to figure out. I don’t care what happens, I’ll be fine either way.

#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I get what you are saying but unfortunately you are in the minority. Plenty of other people will gladly take a chance. It's a personal choice really.
While you see it as a bad business model I think CGC's business is doing quite well. They sell quality products at a comparable prices to the other manufacturers.

Yea, maybe i am.
I still think CGC would have sold more games of for example AFM LE if it was unlimited. Now with all their games, you have the early birds and the known reserved buyers getting LE games and then you sell a bit more standard games.

The more games that are out there the better for the pinball enthusiasts and the worse for the speculators.

I think for most manufacturers the standard version sell the least, esp if you cater to huo.

#2318 2 years ago

The lack of clarity on the code updates is hampering my excitement on this one. Seems like an obvious feature worth highlighting, and the lack of that makes me think the updates are going to be a lot more modest or cost much more than I was hoping for. It should just be included and it doesn't even really seem planned out. Very few people who get CCR will pass on the code updates so it's almost like a built-in obligation to spend more after the fact. Meh.... I look forward to playing it on location!

#2319 2 years ago

This is all rather sad. I wish pinball was more about the joy of playing the games versus what the game may be worth in the future.

#2320 2 years ago

I'm not in this fight because I can't afford any more pinball machines, but let's face it . . . that CCrLE topper is one of the best toppers ever! Would CCrLE buyers be okay with it if sometime next year CGC offered it separately for $2,000 (or maybe even higher)? The LE would be the better deal, but SE buyers would at least get to enjoy the cool topper. LE buyers opposed to this would seem to be like the BBB owners who hope CGC never remakes their rare game.

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This is all rather sad. I wish pinball was more about the joy of playing the games versus what the game may be worth in the future.

Like it or not... Its a $9,500 game that is being marketed by the manufacturer as a limited edition. I am not someone that is going to flip the machine. That's not why I jumped in on it. I got the LE strictly because of the topper. If the topper is available for the SE, I'd just go that route. I don't need a collector plate or a wooden apron. Even though they do look pretty cool! If the LE was unlimited and was the only trim level that contained the topper, I'd still get an LE. I don't care about scarcity. I just think it stinks that they aren't up front with what direction either model is going (be it the new code (not Lymans, but what is currently shipped) or the add ons). CGC are the ones that decided to launch at expo and just seem like they were completely unprepared.

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from Ribs:

The lack of clarity on the code updates is hampering my excitement on this one. Seems like an obvious feature worth highlighting, and the lack of that makes me think the updates are going to be a lot more modest or cost much more than I was hoping for.

CGC just announced the working relationship with Lyman and Josh. Good code takes time to develop. I’m not surprised at all that we don’t know more.

We do know the announced game includes both the original (unfinished) code and enhanced code that completes the original gameplay as the Williams team intended. If that’s not good enough, don’t buy one. Anything that might come after is a bonus. Buy a game for what it is, not what it might become.

#2323 2 years ago

Maybe they should make a different topper for the SE owners. Easy peasy.

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Mk

This . The issue is not whether or not SE owners can get the topper . The issue is all of these manufacturers taking money & orders under false pretenses and then changing the terms after the fact . It’s getting old fast and they’ll eventually kill their own business model .

I agree with 99% of what you're saying here. Unfortunately, as long as there are clowns lining up willing to pay a 5k additional premium like the LE that sold yesterday, manufacturers can pretty much get away with anything. Their business model won't matter.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Any ideas on production runs? When they will begin? It may have been said already earlier in this thread.
I’m in on an LE

My deposit email from PPS said LE shipping in January.
Also, Topper! Just because

#2326 2 years ago

CGC has indicates that LE's will 'start' shipping in January ... depending on allocation rotation, where customers are on any list, etc, your mileage may vary greatly on when you receive your game ... just setting expectations!

Quoted from Hop721:

#2327 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

The hobby is what you make of it. If you want to just play pinball go to a location and play! If you want a basic game in your house, buy one. If you are into collecting do what it takes to get an LE.

#2328 2 years ago

The communication from PPS has been absolutely fantastic. What a night and day experience compared to some of the other distros I've purchased from. Sara is awesome!! Deposit paid, and happy to be in on an LE!

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CGC has indicates that LE's will 'start' shipping in January ... depending on allocation rotation, where customers are on any list, etc, your mileage may vary greatly on when you receive your game ... just setting expectations!

Noted! Appreciate the clarification

#2330 2 years ago

Im not writing this to be a smart butt.... can someone explain the whole mini game regarding the topper?? In australia the le is $3k more - which is about 50% more pro rata than what the usa market will pay between tg se & le.

I think toppers are generally pretty tacky, only reason i am even procrastinating on it is due to the mini game feature. Is it actually a fun addition??

#2332 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Also, Topper! Just because

I'm waiting on getting a confirmation from PPS that they received my deposit. PP shows that I've made payment, but I haven't heard anything from PPS.

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Im not writing this to be a smart butt.... can someone explain the whole mini game regarding the topper?? In australia the le is $3k more - which is about 50% more pro rata than what the usa market will pay between tg se & le.
I think toppers are generally pretty tacky, only reason i am even procrastinating on it is due to the mini game feature. Is it actually a fun addition??

Looks fun to me. Think of it like the old shooting gallery games. Windows light up with good guys/gals and bad guys. Use left or right flipper to select your shot (addressable RGB strip on topper illuminates the shot I think) then both flippers to shoot the bad guy. Hitting a bad guy will then light up a skull and cross bones in the window.

Also, Bart on the topper is like a bash toy how he moves when hit.

#2334 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Your company's clarity, prompt communication and friendliness towards us all on Pinside made us customers for life.

#2335 2 years ago

So here's a question...I was fortunate enought to get a MB LE when they came out. Not sure how I "snuck in" but I paid the regular price, got it from a distributor as soon as it came out and I enjoy the game. My question is - how do I get onto the future list so I get an opportunity at LE's? I bought an Avenger's but had to pay extra. I couldn't get onto the JP list and it seems I have missed CC. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know of anyone who still has CC LE's?

Thanks.

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Your company's clarity, prompt communication and friendliness towards us all on Pinside made us customers for life.

Someone apparently wasn’t around in the early MMr/coin mech days.

Rick still has me on ignore many years after the fact. Sara is awesome!

It has been nice to see that PPS has significantly improved clarity and timeliness of communication.

#2337 2 years ago

Any educated guesses as to CGC’s production capacity?

My wholly uneducated O/U is 20/week.

#2338 2 years ago

They usually run 60 -75 units a week when going full force ....

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Any educated guesses as to CGC’s production capacity?
My wholly uneducated O/U is 20/week.

Spooky can hit 40 per week. CGC probably has the ability to maintain their own production line for CCr and release another title (probably a 10 to 20 game per week production line for the secondary title, I think benheck has a game coming and I read on pinsire that spooky has contracted work for CGC for some future title with a license that is very large, not sure how true the latter is).

I bet they can hit 75 games per week, at least do as well as spooky fully ramped up.

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

So here's a question...I was fortunate enought to get a MB LE when they came out. Not sure how I "snuck in" but I paid the regular price, got it from a distributor as soon as it came out and I enjoy the game. My question is - how do I get onto the future list so I get an opportunity at LE's? I bought an Avenger's but had to pay extra. I couldn't get onto the JP list and it seems I have missed CC. Any suggestions?
Also, does anyone know of anyone who still has CC LE's?
Thanks.

How limited editions are handled vary between the different manufacturers and distributors. There isn’t some global industry LE list. PPS is considered by many to be the pseudo master list for CGC remakes because they have the largest allocation of LEs AFAIK.

As for CCr, I’ve heard of many having success finding LEs this week by going down the distributor list.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/61

#2341 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm not in this fight because I can't afford any more pinball machines, but let's face it . . . that CCrLE topper is one of the best toppers ever! Would CCrLE buyers be okay with it if sometime next year CGC offered it separately for $2,000 (or maybe even higher)? The LE would be the better deal, but SE buyers would at least get to enjoy the cool topper. LE buyers opposed to this would seem to be like the BBB owners who hope CGC never remakes their rare game.

I am buying an LE. I would be fine with this - only question is are they going to make toppers available for AFMr? It’s only fair to all if they go this route.

#2342 2 years ago

To all the wanted ads for an LE in the marketplace... pick up the phone and run down the list. I highly doubt any distributor with LE allocation left is trawling the pinside marketplace looking for a buyer.

#2343 2 years ago

Seeing this game just makes me want an original Blazing Saddles pinball game even more...with a 'stop and drop' mechanism to simulate a hanging: the ball stops on a magnet, then a trap door drops it to a lower ramp or the playfield...with Quasimodo pulling the lever.

Not a fan of these kid-friendly games with their lame humor. Get some proper big laughs in pinball for a change.

And what's with the complete whitewash in pinball? No black people or ethnic minorities represented in major roles.

This hobby needs a new Sheriff.

#2344 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How limited editions are handled vary between the different manufacturers and distributors. There isn’t some global industry LE list. PPS is considered by many to be the pseudo master list for CGC remakes because they have the largest allocation of LEs AFAIK.
As for CCr, I’ve heard of many having success finding LEs this week by going down the distributor list.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/61

I guess that's the fairest of ways to do it.... Thanks!

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

To all the wanted ads for an LE in the marketplace... pick up the phone and run down the list. I highly doubt any distributor with LE allocation left is trawling the pinside marketplace looking for a buyer.

I've been pinging them but with no success so far. Thanks though.

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:I've been pinging them but with no success so far. Thanks though.

Call them all.. lots of smaller outfits that are not well known at all

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:Mk

+1 Purchased because I was lucky to have the opportunity to get an LE. Would have waited/maybe purchased something else if I knew the topper was going to be available for the SE or would be included in another edition. Would be false advertising IMO...

#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

LE also has a super nice Apron

cute-aprons-retro-apron (resized).jpgcute-aprons-retro-apron (resized).jpg
Aprons are very nice, I agree.
Everyone should have a super nice one.

#2350 2 years ago

Anyone in Australia heard from Wayne yet ? Would love to know if I’m one of the 65 or not

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/47?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.