(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 133.
#2251 2 years ago

CCR-1253 LE - invoiced and paid. I assume I am #53 on planetary's list.

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Right. Did they say SEs will ship in November?
Tried to find in the thread but can not seem to yet.

They are making se for November and December and then will move to le until they are done.

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

My invoice is 1182, so what does that make me?, -82... lol

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

My invoice is 1182, so what does that make me?, -82... lol

Lol

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The invoice number or sales order number was just how they are entered, and doesn't match the order of priority .. that is a different field that gets sorted ... fyi

#2256 2 years ago

i dont believe CGC website says the topper is "exclusive" to the LE. It just says "included" in the LE on the matrix. Same way a shaker motor is but we know that can be added.

Ok its listed differently depending where you look on site. Elsewhere it says LE only.

#2257 2 years ago

Part of the fun is pinside prognostication... but cool to know officially there is no correlation to spot on the list and invoice number.

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i dont believe CGC website says the topper is "exclusive" to the LE. It just says "included" in the LE on the matrix. Same way a shaker motor is but we know that can be added.
Ok its listed differently depending where you look on site. Elsewhere it says LE only.

This is directly from CGC. No way they flip flop on that. That wouldn’t go over well.
8F3ABD0D-4E1C-4486-B742-7D505BF32AC6 (resized).jpeg8F3ABD0D-4E1C-4486-B742-7D505BF32AC6 (resized).jpeg

#2259 2 years ago

Couldn't get any answer from Planetary at all. But curious since I ordered a MBR LE on the last run that I would get a chance at this run but instead I'm left with no chance and most likely going to pass on the SE.

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This is directly from CGC. No way they flip flop on that. That wouldn’t go over well.
[quoted image]

Who cares? I hope they make as many toppers as people want. Controlling the topper numbers will just make demand and suit the flippers.

#2261 2 years ago

They would potentially be pissing off the 1250 people that bought the LE and were told if they wanted the topper, it’s exclusive to the LE as clearly stated on their own website.

#2262 2 years ago

I think most LE buyers would not mind either way.

#2263 2 years ago

If anybody ends up with LE # 242 let me know. I would like to get this number to match my other (non CGC) games. I have one on order but no idea what number it will be. In Atlanta at SFH, Ryan was indicating that they were not doing SN matching/requests but I don't know if that is where the landed.

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If anybody ends up with LE # 242 let me know. I would like to get this number to match my other (non CGC) games. I have one on order but no idea what number it will be. In Atlanta at SFH, Ryan was indicating that they were not doing SN matching/requests but I don't know if that is where the landed.

they are allowing that. just talked to a guy about that.

#2265 2 years ago

They never offered the Toppers on their previous non LE versions. MBR SE.. AFMR SE.. Let's not confuse MMR with other CGC releases. They were just getting started. CGC is a great company that seems to care hence the relatively small price increase for this run. Everyone else seems to be gouging and they are being nice and making money at the same time. Good for them. Happy to support a company that looks out for the industry and their customers.

#2266 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure CGC was made aware of the crazy money people have been paying for Toppers. BM66 LE topper was going for over 5k. Ghostbusters was seeing 4k. With all of that said how much could the Attack from Mars topper sell for. They have not made those other Toppers for a reason. I think the LE buyers are safe on this one.

#2267 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I'm pretty sure CGC was made aware of the crazy money people have been paying for Toppers. BM66 LE topper was going for over 5k. Ghostbusters was seeing 4k. With all of that said how much could the Attack from Mars topper sell for. They have not made those other Toppers for a reason. I think the LE buyers are safe on this one.

I have only ever seen an AFM topper resold one time. They never hit market separated from the pin. I think it also requires some internal chip as well to work.

#2268 2 years ago

Honestly, if I could get the black trim option on an SE that would be awesome. The topper is nice but it hardly makes/breaks the pin. I disabled the topper on my AFMr LE pretty soon after getting it. The topper is nice decoration but the bouncing alien got a bit too obnoxious.

#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I have only ever seen an AFM topper resold one time. They never hit market separated from the pin. I think it also requires some internal chip as well to work.

I would imagine the Cactus Canyon has a bunch of extra components to make it work as well. My point was if they wanted to sell LE Toppers to SE or Classic owners they have had years to do that already. I truly believe if you want the Topper find an LE.

#2270 2 years ago

Planetary pinball is really the best !

In all honesty, they do their absolute best to help you out.

Rick and Sara are AWESOME!

#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why is this pin causing such a uproar when stern and jjp are the same way? Cgc makes the most le model's compared to every other company . I've been trying to get in on many le/ce for the past few years but haven't been able to get lucky enough . It sucks but the other models are great and play the same which is the most important part imo. I've just came to the conclusion this is just how the hobby is at this time and it is what it is. No sence to make a big stink out of it at this point as its out of my hands for the most part.

I think it´s because cgc has the more relative worth put in to theirs LE models. The only comparision beeing gnr collector, which had the same craze.

The limited exclusivity strategy is terrible and only good for two cases.....

1. You have a bad product but want to create buy insentive via exclusivity.
2. You want the customer to overpay for exclusivity.

Besides that it is just bad buissness, which you see the companies sometimes realizing giving out more similar versions, when the product is a success.

It´s a good deal for the customer if you get one and the product is a success, but then you are at risk for additional similar or even better versions.
It´s a bad deal for the customer if the product is a fail, since you paid a lot more for an unsuccessful product.

The only ones with a chance to win on the concept is for the company, when it´s a bad product. Granted they will win with a great product if they draw on their reputation and produces more when demand is high, but as said rep-wise some loss.

For the customer it´s mostly a terrible deal, except when they stand on their promise, ex. AFMLE, but if they get a coming fail, it will get vaulted, topper included.

For pinball as a whole it´s a fail, since it drives prices and make less machines come out as of total.

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They are making se for November and December and then will move to le until they are done.

Where did you get this information from? Have they historically done the special editions before the LEs?

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Honestly, if I could get the black trim option on an SE that would be awesome. The topper is nice but it hardly makes/breaks the pin. I disabled the topper on my AFMr LE pretty soon after getting it. The topper is nice decoration but the bouncing alien got a bit too obnoxious.

The Topper is part of the game, if you disable it: you might as well buy an SE

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Where did you get this information from? Have they historically done the special editions before the LEs?

It was posted a few places and i believe people were also told that by cgc at expo. I have no clue on the other cgc pins as i had originals so wasn't paying attention... hopefully someone else can chime in on how prior pins were manufactured

#2275 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

The Topper is part of the game, if you disable it: you might as well buy an SE

Not really the le apron and other stuff is very nice... plus the extra warranty is great also.

#2276 2 years ago

I missed out, but I hope they don't change a thing.

If they sell the topper, they're taking the jjp route. Sooooo many pinheads won't forget. Why alienate your customer base, and to please who? The guys that missed out? These bitching pinheads are the best walking, talking advertising you could ever want!

All hail the successful exclusive marketing!

#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I missed out, but I hope they don't change a thing.
If they sell the topper, they're taking the jjp route. Sooooo many pinheads won't forget. Why alienate your customer base, and to please who? The guys that missed out? These bitching pinheads are the best walking, talking advertising you could ever want!
All hail the successful exclusive marketing!

Two problems companywise aslong as you have a good/great product.

1. You will sell less machines.
2. You will give away money to scalpers and speculators.

I fail to see any of thoose two good for pinball.

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

They would potentially be pissing off the 1250 people that bought the LE and were told if they wanted the topper, it’s exclusive to the LE as clearly stated on their own website.

This! Everything else on the LE can be easily replicated by the kick ass mod community we have in pinball. The topper is what makes the LE special.

If the precident is set with the LE topper for CCr being available to everyone, I really hope to see AFM's for sale soon too (bet those owners wouldn't be too happy though).

The marketing material sure makes it seem like the topper is limited to the LE, which is why I worked my butt off to secure one.. Now, I feel like the topper is a "everyone's a winner" trophy screwed to the top of their games.

My deposit is in, so too late to change things now... But, I will certainly think twice in my next CGC LE purchase in the future.. At least Stern has a backglass that is special and some cab art.. etc.. and JJP has gone above and beyond. CGC going forward? I guess we'll see.

Oh well. It's only pinball. And I'm still damn excited for my game. Cheers everyone.

Brian

#2279 2 years ago

CGC should be up front and honest with their SE and LE customers about the topper before taking our money.

At least American Pinball didn't hide the fact they were increasing their numbers.

I feel like the new CGC model may look like this....

LE - we build it for you in the factory

SE - you buy the features separately and do the extra assembly work for us at home!!

Brian

#2280 2 years ago

I want a CCR LE, unfortunately I can’t find one at MSRP. I will tell you that someone in the know indicated to me that the topper will be separately available for the SE to purchase sometime in “2022”. I’m not going with an SE based on this information but I was assured they will become available for any SE owner to purchase in the future. They will be releasing the code upgrade to purchase at the same time. No other “limited” features will be available & will remain exclusive to the LE.

#2281 2 years ago

They should just make a shiload of LEs so everyone that wants one can get one without hassle or simply let people buy the topper standalone to retrofit the SE.

Why limit a product that doesn't need to be limited? Screw exclusively, let all get one instead. Why doesn't cgc want to earn more money by making more LEs?

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I want a CCR LE, unfortunately I can’t find one at MSRP. I will tell you that someone in the know indicated to me that the topper will be separately available for the SE to purchase sometime in “2022”. I’m not going with an SE based on this information but I was assured they will become available for any SE owner to purchase in the future. They will be releasing the code upgrade to purchase at the same time. No other “limited” features will be available & will remain exclusive to the LE.

This is exactly my point. CGC should say this... They know the answer. But, they won't. They want the LE money in the bank before they make this announcement. They know the other LE features will certainly be replicated for the SE.

Very disappointing.

#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

They should just make a shiload of LEs so everyone that wants one can get one without hassle or simply let people buy the topper standalone to retrofit the SE. Why limit a product that doesn't need to be limited? Why doesn't cgc want to earn more money by making more LEs?

Why does everyone have to be a winner? I've missed my fair share of games I wanted. It is what it is. I moved on and found one later if I still wanted it. Most times I figured out I didn't really want it after all and got something else instead....

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Why does everyone have to be a winner? I've missed my fair share of games I wanted. It is what it is. I moved on and found one later if I still wanted it. Most times I figured out I didn't really want it after all and got something else instead....

Why must everyone get milk everyday. Let's just sell 10 litre of milk in the store every week and if you don't get a bottle that week, why are you so entitled that you must have milk? You can drink water and move on.

Yeah, stupid example I know, but my question still stand, why limit an item that doesn't need to be limited to sell?

Just to clarify, I'm not upset about me not getting a LE simply because I can't afford a CC at all right now (bought a MM recently that blew a hole in my wallet). I'm just baffled about the stupid decision to make stuff exclusive when they don't have to. Why can't everyone that want one be able to get one? Do we really need stuff to be exclusive so the few lucky getting one can brag and feel good about themselves while others are angry and disappointed? Doesn't cgc want to maximize their earnings? Of course, IF they went the unlimited route they should have state this from the beginning and not after people ordered games.

#2285 2 years ago

Still talking about a topper I see, lol

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Why must everyone get milk everyday. Let's just sell 10 litre of milk in the store every week and if you don't get a bottle that week, why are you so entitled that you must have milk? You can drink water and move on.
Yeah, stupid example I know, but my question still stand, why limit an item that doesn't need to be limited to sell?

To try and get the quick, guaranteed buck up front from the LE owners.. and then make it up on the SE owners next year with the topper.

I agree, I'd this is the way you are going to do business, make one model. But, this is about the dollar you see. Good will to the buyers seems to be absent.

All they have to do is say yes or no on availability. That's it.

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Just speaking for myself, but if it wasn't limited or had a super high limit I would wait and buy used at a discount or new after the game has baked more, new ruleset is out, etc. I'm assuming many folks would be in the same boat.

As it is, I wanted to buy the LE now as it will likely never be cheaper.

#2288 2 years ago

Why does anyone think the LE's sold out so quickly?? The wooden apron?? The cart sculpt? The SHAKER motor?? Nope...

The topper... The brochure said available on the LE. Just like MB and AFM.

The topper created the frenzy. And they knew it would.

Now... starting to look like the quick money grab that we all are getting really used to.

#2289 2 years ago

Slippery slope.

If the key feature (initially advertised as exclusive) of an LE is going to made available to all that removes almost all incentive to buy any future LEs early.

Be careful what you wish for.

#2290 2 years ago

If they are going to sell the topper separately they should tell us up front now, I would buy the SE and topper instead of an LE. It’s a dumb reason, but I could have the SE in time for Christmas and that makes an awesome family present. They should also sell all their other toppers.

#2291 2 years ago

I find it weird how a bunch of folks are getting worked up about things that are pure speculation. A few random anonymous pinside dudes say "They're going to sell LE toppers later" and everybody believes it and then starts ranting non-stop.

They didn't sell separate toppers with AFM and MB. They did with MM however that was a unique situation being the first game ever they made and wanting to make the same improvements/upgrades they offered on MB and AFM. Whatever. Relax and play a bit of pinball ffs.

How about we all wait and see what happens before going off on rants?

Based on their previous track record of games that initially released with a topper on the LE(AFM & MB) it's unlikely the toppers will be made available later.

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I find it weird how a bunch of folks are getting worked up about things that are pure speculation. A few random anonymous pinside dudes say "They're going to sell LE toppers later" and everybody believes it and then starts ranting non-stop.
They didn't sell separate toppers with AFM and MB. They did with MM however that was a unique situation being the first game ever they made and wanting to make the same improvements/upgrades they offered on MB and AFM. Whatever. Relax and play a bit of pinball ffs.

Planetary pinball is not random anonymous pinside dudes…they hold the freaking license. I know they don’t flat out say it will be available, but I would imagine they wouldn’t put the below on their website if it wasn’t possible/even likely.

SPECIAL OFFER: Currently the Cactus Canyon topper is not available on the SE - if the topper does become available FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE, we will give you a PRIORITY UPGRADE so that you will receive the TOPPER! The price of the topper functionality is not available nor is it certain that it will be offered with the SE, but if it is, we will upgrade you!!!

#2293 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I sort of agree... But, it was Ryan from CGC that said "maybe" they will be available. That's not speculation. That's on video.

If it were just purely the Pinside rumor mill kicking up the dust... I would 100% agree with your post.

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Planetary pinball is not random anonymous pinside dudes…they hold the freaking license. I know they don’t flat out say it will be available, but I would imagine they wouldn’t say the below if it wasn’t possible/even likely.
SPECIAL OFFER: Currently the Cactus Canyon topper is not available on the SE - if the topper does become available FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE, we will give you a PRIORITY UPGRADE so that you will receive the TOPPER! The price of the topper functionality is not available nor is it certain that it will be offered with the SE, but if it is, we will upgrade you!!!

Yep. Because a bunch of ppl are asking about it. They're saying don't bother us we'll tell you IF it happens. Did you read that paragraph?? There is absolutely NO indication it's likely. They're just saying IF it happens.

Hey I don't care either way. I'm a topper guy - all my games have them. If I was buying an SE then sure I'd love to get the topper. The MMr topper was 700 and all it had were some flashing lights. I'm guessing an animated topper like this would be more expensive. Then it'll be all the rants about how it's too expensive and a money grab (I remember the rants about the King of Payne topper).

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yep. Because a bunch of ppl are asking about it. They're saying don't bother us we'll tell you IF it happens. Did you look at how many IFs are in that paragraph?? There is absolutely NO indication it's likely. They're just saying IF it happens.

They were very fair, upfront and honest about the LE spots they had up for grabs. I personally don’t think they would put something like that on their website if they didn’t have some information that it’s possible. How would they speculate they could offer a “priority upgrade” if they hadn’t at least had some kind of discussion with CGC. Certain, no….but my point was the speculation isn’t some random rumors. It comes, at least in part, from the license holder. Not to mention direct statements from CGC not ruling it out. As someone fine with them making it available separately, I think they should just clear it up now.

#2296 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

If you read the store website at PPS, they are adding the topper "priority" purchase status for anyone that buys an SE from the PPS website, "If CGC decides to make the topper separately available". Since PPS has an inside track in the whole project, I think its fair to say a topper purchased somehow as an accessory is a very real possibility. Additionally, if you read doug duba's most recent note on this thread, he strongly implies that a future feature upgrade kit will likely not be limited to software alone. Putting those two together and there is a likelihood that ALL owners will be embraced in some fashion. (Perhaps a set of swinging saloon doors and a new software image too?).

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Additionally, if you read doug duba's most recent note on this thread, he strongly implies that a future feature upgrade kit will likely not be limited to software alone. Putting those two together and there is a likelihood that ALL owners will be embraced in some fashion. (Perhaps a set of swinging saloon doors and a new software image?).

I also read it as the removed doors being available later. Hey it could the topper or could be many other things who knows...

Of course then we'll get the LE owners all pissed off that they got the LE but it's an "incomplete" game and they should whatever upgrade for free. lol..

#2298 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Based on their previous track record of games that initially released with a topper on the LE(AFM & MB) it's unlikely the toppers will be made available later.

Seems unlikely unless they want to piss off LE buyers

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Just to clarify, I'm not upset about me not getting a LE simply because I can't afford a CC at all right now (bought a MM recently that blew a hole in my wallet). I'm just baffled about the stupid decision to make stuff exclusive when they don't have to. Why can't everyone that want one be able to get one? Do we really need stuff to be exclusive so the few lucky getting one can brag and feel good about themselves while others are angry and disappointed? Doesn't cgc want to maximize their earnings? Of course, IF they went the unlimited route they should have state this from the beginning and not after people ordered games.

We get it, you are disappointed, the world of pinball is unfair and you want just one manufacturer to ride in on a high horse and make "limited edition" games for as many people that want them.

I pay for exclusivity because I somewhat enjoy it (that's a lie, I really enjoy it) when people freak out they didn't get in. Remember, we aren't lost in the desert and I didn't just drink the last of our potable water, this is a luxury item and I paid a premium for exclusivity.

Just wait a while and buy one on the second hand market used.

#2300 2 years ago

If the do decide to sell the topper I bet it's $1250 making the cost of the SE the same as the LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/46?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.