(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 133.
#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did anyone else just never get a response from planetary pinball? I'm sure they got flooded with emails but they still have a banner on their website about CC with an email address. You'd think they could just copy and paste a response to everyone.
[quoted image]

They can be a bit slow if they are super busy, but they do respond.

If in doubt, just email [email protected]

I havent had any problems with their service.

#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I don’t know if the seller is the ass or the buyer…

both ... and big ones at that !

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They can be a bit slow if they are super busy, but they do respond.
If in doubt, just email [email protected]
I havent had any problems with their service.

I sent several emails a couple of months ago inquiring about getting on the list for the next run of MMr. Never got a response.

I then sent a query to flip-n-out pinball. Zack got back to me within minutes. Guess who is getting my business?

#2204 2 years ago

Just put my deposit down on a SE!
Pumped!

#2205 2 years ago

PPS are now also taking deposits for the Cactus Canyon Remake SE on the site ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-CCR-SE

As everyone hopes that CGC (and we hope as well) makes the Topper available for the SE, if it does, then we will offer to upgrade you to have the topper (would be priced separately or additionally).

CCR-SE (resized).jpgCCR-SE (resized).jpg
#2206 2 years ago

Just got my LE deposit request from PPS

#2207 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Just got my LE deposit request from PPS

Did it say Nevada pinball as a sub-reseller? I want to make sure it’s a legit email

#2208 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Did it say Nevada pinball as a sub-reseller? I want to make sure it’s a legit email

Yes

#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Yes. I just got my deposit request too. And it was from Nevada Pinball.

#2210 2 years ago

Same here, Nevada Pinball email and invoices.

#2211 2 years ago

My deposit is in for an LE!!! YIPPEE!!

#2212 2 years ago

I’d say it’s already baked in that CGC is going to offer the topper as an upgrade to the SE.

They aren’t announcing it yet before they collect all the LE money. When they do, because it’s always all about the money, they will offer it up.

Why is it different this time? Because the pin market is in huge demand and they will justify it that way. All the poor people that couldn’t get an LE.

The end result? Bastardizing the “”LE market”

PPS says “everyone hopes they offer the topper to SE buyers….” Really?

Maybe every SE buyer

It’s a gorgeous game, hard to beat Monster Bash in that category but CGC just does a phenomenal job of bringing the wow factor

#2213 2 years ago

Apparently PPS just sent out deposit requests, so be on the lookout if you were on their "LE buyers" list!

In their email:
Q: How do I purchase 5 LE's?
A: We have a hard limit of 1 LE game per retail customer.

LOL

#2214 2 years ago

Deposit made! Looks like I got CCRLE -1230. Do they build these in numeric order? I hope not.

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Apparently PPS just sent out deposit requests, so be on the lookout if you were on their "LE buyers" list!
In their email:
LOL

And they’ll only sell to the customer on the list-no selling your spot. Nice!

#2216 2 years ago

I kept saying to myself I won't believe it until I get the deposit invoice. Looks like it's really happening!

#2217 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

My deposit is in for an LE!!! YIPPEE!!

Same here

#2218 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Deposit made! Looks like I got CCRLE -1230. Do they build these in numeric order? I hope not.

It is my understanding that they do not build them in numerical order and that is just our sales order number. Mine is 1218, so we will see if that matches up to the LE number. Considering they said that they are still determining whether they will take requests for specific numbers, I would say that there is no correlation.

#2219 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thought the same. I copied Sara with my response just in case and she responded with thanks.

#2220 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

In their email:
LOL

That’s funny. PPS got 1/4 th of the LEs to sell here.

No need to sell more than 1 to anybody with this kind of demand. That’s a good thing

#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Anyone know how long it takes CGC to produce these based on past releases? Does it take them several months to get through them all?

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s funny. PPS got 1/4 th of the LEs to sell here.

Not surprising at all....Rick Bartlett owns the licensing to Williams.

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Anyone know how long it takes CGC to produce these based on past releases? Does it take them several months to get through them all?

Based on past unboxing posts, yeah it seems the entire process spans a few months to get them all shipped out. Now comes the hardest part; the waiting!

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Not surprising at all....Rick Bartlett owns the licensing to Williams.

A well known fact, and he will make sure you know it!

Congrats on your LE

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

In their email:
LOL

I think that's a good thing.

#2226 2 years ago

Just sent my CCrLE deposit to PPS!

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Le don't even start till jan 2022 so it will be a bit.

#2228 2 years ago

Got my e-mail for my LE. Now to make the deposit.

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d say it’s already baked in that CGC is going to offer the topper as an upgrade to the SE.
They aren’t announcing it yet before they collect all the LE money. When they do, because it’s always all about the money, they will offer it up.
Why is it different this time? Because the pin market is in huge demand and they will justify it that way. All the poor people that couldn’t get an LE.
Maybe every SE buyer
It’s a gorgeous game, hard to beat Monster Bash in that category but CGC just does a phenomenal job of bringing the wow factor

Guess will see what happens... it is advertised as this tho...
20211102_212637 (resized).jpg20211102_212637 (resized).jpg

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Le don't even start till jan 2022 so it will be a bit.

Right. Did they say SEs will ship in November?
Tried to find in the thread but can not seem to yet.

#2231 2 years ago

It'll be interesting to see if they ship in invoice number order. I.e. does that reflect your position in line.

#2232 2 years ago

Even though I have been on cointakers list since August, I found out this evening from Melissa (after me sending an email) that I didn’t make the cut…even though I got a couple emails saying: “…we should have enough and should not be an issue”.

So now I’m on the look for one. I thought that having the previous 3 remakes with #034…I’d not have a lot of trouble getting #4.

Should’ve not put all my hope in Cointaker, even though I’ve bought from them before. I guess I haven’t bought enough from them to get one out of their allocation.

Any help is appreciated…I’ll be on the phone tomorrow!

Robert

#2233 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It'll be interesting to see if they ship in invoice number order. I.e. does that reflect your position in line.

That makes me nearly last.

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That would be a horrible precedent and a change for Chicago Gaming. And it certainly shouldn’t be done after the initial announcement.

Another version for SE buyers? Sure. But offering the marquee feature of the LE to everyone? Nope.

The tiered/limited editions were created to create a revenue boost at the beginning of the cycle. Selling any LE components to anyone that wants them would pretty much kill that whole model with no incentive for anyone to buy early. That may be a good idea, but do that for the next game. Don’t announce features of an LE and then effectively neuter them shortly thereafter.

#2235 2 years ago

Well, two of my buddies who are casual players really liked what they saw of the topper as most of us did. Since they can’t get the LE, they are both going with Godzilla Premium. If circumstances change with the topper, they may purchase CCr at a later date.
And they can always play CCr LE when I take delivery next year.

#2236 2 years ago

Can someone tell me how CGC handles/prices requests for specific LE numbers? I have a couple numbers in mind but have not heard anything back.

#2237 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

PPS are now also taking deposits for the Cactus Canyon Remake SE on the site ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-CCR-SE
As everyone hopes that CGC (and we hope as well) makes the Topper available for the SE, if it does, then we will offer to upgrade you to have the topper (would be priced separately or additionally).[quoted image]

Nice! Now I feel bad for the guy who bought that extra $5000 flipped spot. He could have waited just a bit longer

#2238 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can someone tell me how CGC handles/prices requests for specific LE numbers? I have a couple numbers in mind but have not heard anything back.

I thought it was you get what you get it and better like it with CGC.

#2239 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That would be a horrible precedent and a change for Chicago Gaming. And it certainly shouldn’t be done after the initial announcement.
Another version for SE buyers? Sure. But offering the marquee feature of the LE to everyone? Nope.
The tiered/limited editions were created to create a revenue boost at the beginning of the cycle. Selling any LE components to anyone that wants them would pretty much kill that whole model with no incentive for anyone to buy early. That may be a good idea, but do that for the next game. Don’t announce features of an LE and then effectively neuter them shortly thereafter.

Agreed. You can’t list that as an LE exclusive feature and then flip flop on that.

#2240 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Agreed. You can’t list that as an LE exclusive feature and then flip flop on that.

I’d be okay with this ONLY if they then remade toppers for MBr and afmr for sale.

#2241 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess will see what happens... it is advertised as this tho...
[quoted image]

I hear you and of course they should stick to the original promise and CGC tradition here that really helps set the LE apart. Make a different topper for the SE.

No Rick, everyone does NOT want to see CGC go back on their promise, which you would never care about, but i'm sure you are lobbying hard so you can sell more SE's and line your pockets.

Don't do it Doug! Have a little INTEGRITY and don't do what other companies might do when they see $$$ signs

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’d be okay with this ONLY if they then remade toppers for MBr and afmr for sale.

Great point.

#2243 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Right. Did they say SEs will ship in November?
Tried to find in the thread but can not seem to yet.

Yes, they said SE starts shipping November and "onwards"

#2244 2 years ago

I would love to get my hands on a AFM topper…if they are gonna bend the concept of LE for one, do it for all!

#2245 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Even though I have been on cointakers list since August, I found out this evening from Melissa (after me sending an email) that I didn’t make the cut…even though I got a couple emails saying: “…we should have enough and should not be an issue”.
So now I’m on the look for one. I thought that having the previous 3 remakes with #034…I’d not have a lot of trouble getting #4.
Should’ve not put all my hope in Cointaker, even though I’ve bought from them before. I guess I haven’t bought enough from them to get one out of their allocation.
Any help is appreciated…I’ll be on the phone tomorrow!
Robert

Her LE list is smoke and mirrors. Sorry that happened to you. Same thing happened to me for another LE game and I never bothered putting my name on her LE list again after my experience. Planetary pinball did it right. Whoever signed up for their LE was guaranteed a game.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don't do it Doug! Have a little integrity and don't do what other companies might do when they see $$$ signs

So when AP did it, you were good with it? But not when CGC does it?

I’m guessing you have a CCrLE on order and don’t have a LOV Deluxe on order?

Not trying to start shit, but why the different stance? Just curious.

#2247 2 years ago

First off, I don't care 1 bit about toppers. Fuck em'. However, with the LE vs.SE topper debate going on, there's this already available.... for those SE owners who do actually care about a topper. Adjustable LED lit, and pretty nice. Just an option.

Screenshot_20211102-223811_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211102-223811_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2248 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Her LE list is smoke and mirrors.

I thought because I’d done business with her before, that she would be straight with me.

Robert

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It does not.. there are many factors overall but a lot depends on when deposits were sent . So sooner the deposit gets in better off u are.

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So when AP did it, you were good with it? But not when CGC does it?
I’m guessing you have a CCrLE on order and don’t have a LOV Deluxe on order?
Not trying to start shit, but why the different stance? Just curious.

I really wasn't for it with AP either. I just had sympathy for them, they are nice guys, and with all of their struggles to date it was just about going from 300 to 500 games, still considered "limited" but i get why people who bought one with the understanding only 300 would be made would be pissed. Not a great look and also a lack of integrity on their part but i kind of get why they did it. They had ZERO precedent with offering an LE of anything and simply F ed up and fixed it right away.

I've hammered JJP for what they have done over the years with Woz.

I would have ZERO sympathy for PPS trying to make an extra buck as they lobby for toppers for all. A HUGE difference for me and in this case it's the MAIN FEATURE that separates the LE from the SE and something CGC has stuck to for years.

If you want to offer the topper to all games then don't even do an LE.

I actually have BOTH games on order and no i don't like that trend at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/45?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.