(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 133.
#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd like to hear some info straight from CGC regarding this possible future release of extra new improved code for a a fee

I posted a link to Doug’s comments on that a few posts up. See post #2039.

#2052 2 years ago

I think it’s the topper that everyone is looking for. I for one would be completely happy with an SE and topper.

#2053 2 years ago

I'd like to hear some info straight from CGC regarding this possible future release of extra new improved code for a fee. I'm not a fan of that idea. We're already paying near 10k for the machine. Code updates should be gratis.

They gotta pay the GOAT programmer …. Lyman Sheats being the GOAT

#2054 2 years ago

I'd like to hear some info straight from CGC regarding this possible future release of extra new improved code for a fee. I'm not a fan of that idea. We're already paying near 10k for the machine. Code updates should be gratis.

This isn’t just an “update”. Also true to their word, the game ships with completed code. If Lyman and others create a whole new game and use CCC, why should they not be paid for their work? As a owner of CCr you don’t have to buy the other code, it is true to its CC already. I don’t mind paying for a kit that adds a new game

#2055 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From Doug_Duba at Chicago Gaming:
“Typically we don't sell LE toppers but we are still giving it consideration.
The Sheats/Sharpe upgrade builds on the original rules and the new CGC rules. It will include more than just code. It's still under development and pricing hasn't been determined. We are always committed to delivering value and the upgrade will be priced accordingly.”

I’m guessing the LE guys are gonna want an answer on this before they lay their money down as some will want to switch to the SE if they can buy the topper later. I know time is short as deposits in most cases are going to be due in the next couple days. Doug can you give us an answer on this?

#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Not caring and not getting it right are two different things. We need to rethink the way we handle the next release.
I really do appreciate everyone’s suggestions today.

Thank you for listening Doug. Lots of loyal and disappointed previous customers in this thread (including me), but listening to the feedback and engaging in dialogue is much appreciated.

#2057 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Doug can you give us an answer on this?

He wrote that today. That is the answer. If it changes I’m sure we’ll know soon enough.

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

There are very few that on this one that are going to go with the lower model without the extra items like the topper.

Yeah but I mean, either a pin is fun or it isn't. I get the desire to get the "top" model, but if you genuinely like the pin then it isn't a huge loss to have the topper-less model. I bought a standard MMr years ago. It is great that CGC released a royal model, but that didn't cause me to enjoy my standard any less.

#2059 2 years ago

Topper.

There, I felt like I had to say that

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

He wrote that today. That is the answer.

So maybe?

#2061 2 years ago

Well, he didn’t say absolutely not.

But the inference, at least the way I read it, is the topper shown Friday is likely to be only available with the LE.

#2062 2 years ago

This new market sucks and u pretty much gotta be on the inside or have a good hook up to get most le/ce pins. I've missed out on so many over the past few years that i really wanted and will not pay the super inflated flipper prices. Over the past year i have tried to get added to many lists threw lots of distros but was told they are full .

#2063 2 years ago

I was able to get in on an LE, but I wouldn't be too upset if they made the topper available for sale to SE owner.... as long as it was priced accordingly.

As far as the extra code.... one thing about CGC is that they really have been conscience on bringing things in at a fair value. Even the MMr topper was a bargain compared to the stuff being pushed by Stern. I don't know of any examples where they put any of us over the barrel by charging huge $$ for games or features. So their track record is pretty reassuring that the new code/features will be reasonably priced.

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It is almost unsolvable.

I would take it a step further and say it’s an impossible task. If there were a perfect solution, we would all be pointing to it and say “do it just like (x)”. But there isn’t.

Insane demand + inflation + parts shortages + buyer FOMO + competing titles + workforce issues + pandemic = sh*t show.

I’m honesty just happy that these manufacturers are beating the odds and getting games out. Pinball is hard!

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Not caring and not getting it right are two different things. We need to rethink the way we handle the next release.

I wouldn't change a thing. Scarcity sells. If everyone could get one it wouldn't be special or collectible. I tried to order one and missed out. Oh well. I'll live. No baby tantrum here. Congrats on your success with this title. You guys really delivered the goods. Bravo.

#2066 2 years ago

My guess is the topper won't be sold by itself for the same reason Mr Duba stated why they won't be making more then 1250 units.

#2067 2 years ago

I don't get all the crying about not getting an LE. PPS came here and posted how to get on their guarenteed list. I sent the email the day the info was posted. Figured I could drop out If I didn't like the pin at the reveal. I like it, and now I'm getting an LE. Zero drama.

It will go nice with my royal.

#2068 2 years ago

Not to poop on the parade, but man, the SE is still a great game!! I think the standard brushed hardware looks great, playfield is only missing a couple small toys that do nothing (and modders will reproduce), shaker is a $100 upgrade, Art blades will be made available for around $75. The only real hangup here is a topper. If you missed out on an LE, wait for the secondary market once this cools off, or buy an SE, get it sooner, and play like there's no tomorrow.

#2069 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Sadly pinball companies can never get it right and they are always reacting based on the previous release. I would have been willing to be everything I own that 1250 LE's would sell out in minutes so I don't get how manufactures could not anticipate the demand being there for more considering how big the hobby has gotten and games like MMr royal are selling for 15-20K. Stern has done this a few times when they have a game with a killer theme and it sells out in minutes so then they up the # of LE's for a theme nobody cares out and they sit. Spooky nailed it with their most recent release because they sold out in a day through distributors however there is not really any flipping going on or scalping like there was with R&M.

#2070 2 years ago

The solution to this LE thing is simple. Make the time of the ordering window limited, not the number of games. For example, only allow two days to order your LE. Everyone that orders in those two days gets one, if you miss the two day cut off you’re out of luck.

#2071 2 years ago

Can I “downgrade” an SE to the classic display/panel? Hate the look of the wide display

#2072 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can I “downgrade” an SE to the classic display/panel? Hate the look of the wide display

I'm with you on the topper thing, but you're stone cold crazy on the display. That oversize HD color DMD looks phukin' awesome! I love that CGC offers them.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The solution to this LE thing is simple. Make the time of the ordering window limited, not the number of games. For example, only allow two days to order your LE. Everyone that orders in those two days gets one, if you miss the two day cut off you’re out of luck.

Yep.
Just call it a TLE (Timed Limited Edition) and everyone is happy.

#2074 2 years ago

I’m guessing the LE guys are gonna want an answer on this before they lay their money down as some will want to switch to the SE if they can buy the topper later. I know time is short as deposits in most cases are going to be due in the next couple days. Doug can you give us an answer on this?

Keep seeing this “as long as they offer the topper as an option” but few are finishing the sentence with “as long as it costs less then….”. If an SE with alacart topper cost as much or more then an LE will this still be an interest or a new debate? At current non animated topper costs I think they would have an uphill battle pitching that stand alone topper price later. Tough for CGC to win this debate. Just make more LE’s and in no time the few (flippers) will get over the change.

#2075 2 years ago

Anyone have the link to the reveal CGC did at Expo on Saturday? I know it was live streamed, just not sure if the video was made available after the event.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Anyone have the link to the reveal CGC did at Expo on Saturday? I know it was live streamed, just not sure if the video was made available after the event.

I don’t have a link but it went something like this.. Ryan was like... “What’s up everybody? It’s Cactus Canyon! y’all wanna play some pinball?”

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Anyone have the link to the reveal CGC did at Expo on Saturday?

Friday at 3pm. I couldn't find the link.

LTG : )

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Keep seeing this “as long as they offer the topper as an option” but few are finishing the sentence with “as long as it costs less then….”. If an SE with alacart topper cost as much or more then an LE will this still be an interest or a new debate? At current non animated topper costs I think they would have an uphill battle pitching that stand alone topper price later. Tough for CGC to win this debate. Just make more LE’s and in no time the few (flippers) will get over the change.

I was thinking of it the other way. If the topper was made available later, for say, $500, the LE owners are going to wonder why they paid the extra $$ for an LE. I really like the apron on the LE, but the one of the SE is also nice... so if you can get the topper at a relatively inexpensive price you could ala carte yourself into an LE, potentially, at a lower cost.

#2079 2 years ago

I don’t have a link but it went something like this.. Ryan was like... “What’s up everybody? It’s Cactus Canyon! y’all wanna play some pinball?”

You forgot, “let me check my phone, can’t comment” lol

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I was thinking of it the other way. If the topper was made available later, for say, $500, the LE owners are going to wonder why they paid the extra $$ for an LE. I really like the apron on the LE, but the one of the SE is also nice... so if you can get the topper at a relatively inexpensive price you could ala carte yourself into an LE, potentially, at a lower cost.

Agree to that also. They will get more flack if the “build an LE” price is lower.

#2081 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Anyone have the link to the reveal CGC did at Expo?

What's Happening at Chicago Gaming / Ryan White
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1190177331?t=07h01m00s

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They will get more flack if the “build an LE” price is lower.

never

would

hear

the

end

of

it

#2083 2 years ago

Seriously is this game even good? Or just rare and unfinished?

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes you can/could. Well you could on MBr, afmr and mmr.

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

It’s fun on my iPad via TPA. With the code complete on stock ccr I’ll be happy as I’ll rarely get to the end

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Interesting idea an “ala carte” LE, seriously though if CGC decided to sell LE toppers I imagine demand would be huge for AFM LE toppers! Hell I don’t even own an AFM and I’d like to have one for my game room as a decoration.

#2087 2 years ago

The best move here would be for CGC to donate a CCrLE or two to Project Pinball for a raffle.....

#2088 2 years ago

So what’s up with PPS? Do they get a bigger allotment of LE’s as I thought I read that they will guarantee a game if you contact them?

#2089 2 years ago

Not to poop on the parade, but man, the SE is still a great game!! I think the standard brushed hardware looks great, playfield is only missing a couple small toys that do nothing (and modders will reproduce), shaker is a $100 upgrade, Art blades will be made available for around $75. The only real hangup here is a topper. If you missed out on an LE, wait for the secondary market once this cools off, or buy an SE, get it sooner, and play like there's no tomorrow.

You missed the sick looking armor and the apron, which is a beauty. Arguably the best looking one as of today. SE is still a great value, but LE is clearly better value with all the extras added up

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So what’s up with PPS? Do they get a bigger allotment of LE’s as I thought I read that they will guarantee a game if you contact them?

Umm, no. PPS already sent a note to those that made the cut.

#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tough for CGC to win this debate. Just make more LE’s and in no time the few (flippers) will get over the change.

I think CGC screwed up on the LEs and the model is upside down. It's insane to announce a game and the LE's are already sold out. This shouldn't be an elitist hobby, inside circle group, or buy every new title from disti so you automatically get it thing. I met so many new to hobbyists Expo weekend that were generally interested in an LE to be told - already sold out. Not the way to embrace the new blood pumping life into this hobby.

Up the # of LEs going forward so your inside circle groups can still feel special but there are enough LEs so when you officially announce 5 minutes after they don't sell out. Or as the thread discusses, do what Stern does (damn I wrote that). Create a Premium with all the light features and sell the toppers. The Les are the deal - price wise - but you're excluding such a big part of the hobby. And BS to those who say buy sight unseen. Those of us burned on preorder BS will never do it again.

I'm a second hand buyer the last few years based on NIB pricing. With the hobby upside down in pricing, I bought a NIB recently (Stern - Mando Premium) and was interested after seeing CCr at Expo. Ive played CC before but hats off to CGC for putting their spin on it. Too bad SE is not what I want in a version and now secondary market will dictate $14K price for LE. Yeah butt hurt but the model is broke. Fix it. I should add, my CCr LE money will likely now go to Stern Godzilla Premium.

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I think CGC screwed up on the LEs and the model is upside down. It's insane to announce a game and the LE's are already sold out. This shouldn't be an elitist hobby, inside circle group, or buy every new title from disti so you automatically get it thing. I met so many new to hobbyists Expo weekend that were generally interested in an LE to be told - already sold out. Not the way to embrace the new blood pumping life into this hobby.
Up the # of LEs going forward so your inside circle groups can still feel special but there are enough LEs so when you officially announce 5 minutes after they don't sell out. Or as the thread discusses, do what Stern does (damn I wrote that). Create a Premium with all the light features and sell the toppers. The Les are the deal - price wise - but you're excluding such a big part of the hobby. And BS to those who say buy sight unseen. Those of us burned on preorder BS will never do it again.
I'm a second hand buyer the last few years based on NIB pricing. With the hobby upside down in pricing, I bought a NIB recently (Stern - Mando Premium) and was interested after seeing CCr at Expo. Ive played CC before but hats off to CGC for putting their spin on it. Too bad SE is not what I want in a version and now secondary market will dictate $14K price for LE. Yeah butt hurt but the model is broke. Fix it. I should add, my CCr LE money will likely now go to Stern Godzilla Premium.

Spot on and most of those who disagree were likely fortunate enough to score a LE . If they ever find the shoe on the other foot then I'm sure their tune will change.

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

My arcade is always open for you to play mine but I Will make you wear a cowboy hat Billy. Lol

#2094 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My arcade is always open for you to play mine but I Will make you wear a cowboy hat Billy. Lol

Thanks bud. I'll wear my chaps too, just for you.

#2095 2 years ago

Played Godzilla premium and CCrLE at expo... my money would be on a Godzilla premium if I wanted a fun game now... I might would buy a CCrSE to get a fun game later after Lyman code is released. But as they sit right now, I thought Stern had a more fun playing and interesting (maybe because its new and not a retread?) game. The CGC still felt more substantial from a build quality standpoint, however. YMMV.

#2096 2 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Ive played CC before but hats off to CGC for putting their spin on it. Too bad SE is not what I want in a version

The game play of both editions is identical except for a minor mode for the topper that a number of folks have said is interesting but gets old quickly. Other than the extended warranty the other differences are small cosmetic ones that don’t impact game plan in any way. Unlike other manufacturers trim lines cabinet art is identical. And you get the same “spin” on the code on an SE that you get on the LE.

There isn’t a single game I’ve wanted where I’ve said “not interested if it isn’t an LE”. I’ve specifically ruled out LEs I thought I would get because I didn’t like the LE art package (Stern). I’m playing the pinball game, not the bling.

The idea that anyone who buys a CCr SE is somehow excluded from the hobby in any way is just silly. And I’ll bet the vast majority of people that don’t buy the game simply because they couldn’t get an LE are flippers or really aren’t interested in the game itself.

#2097 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

It's kinda so-so. Didn't sell that quick back in the day even though there weren't many and everyone knew it was the last "classic" WMS title (only Pin 2K after that).

I had just bought MM and MB nib (usually only bought used after a long hunt) and was in the mood for another but this one shot so... uninspiring. That pretty much described it back then. It wasn't even the code as much as the layout.

Of course they're gonna add as much bling as they can to try to make it desirable but people saying "the topper makes the game" should give you pause. A model with a motor spinning its arms is not going to make or break the gameplay. Looks nice up there but that's about it.

However Lyman being involved could turn this game around and that's available to anyone who ends up with either version of these. If he could do it with BM66's layout he could make this title hopefully sing like the Ballad of Buster Scruggs

It'll cost you some cash but if he totally remakes the code on this it will be well worth it. Keep your fingers crossed.

#2098 2 years ago

I can't believe the people saying they won't buy bc.of no topper lol.... has this hobby really came to this now? I'm not happy that i haven't been able to get a le/ce of anything over the past few years but i can tell u it hasn't diminished my love for playing pinball as i was still able to get other models. I especially can't see the issue when it comes to cgc pins as they still offer a full game minis some cosmetic stuff unlike stern and jjp. Sounds like a bunch of entitled people missed out on the le this time and are now being babies. I hope this hobby goes back to how it was ....wow

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The game play of both editions is identical except for a minor mode for the topper that a number of folks have said is interesting but gets old quickly. Other than the extended warranty the other differences are small cosmetic ones that don’t impact game plan in any way. Unlike other manufacturers trim lines cabinet art is identical. And you get the same “spin” on the code on an SE that you get on the LE.
There isn’t a single game I’ve wanted where I’ve said “not interested if it isn’t an LE”. I’ve specifically ruled out LEs I thought I would get because I didn’t like the LE art package (Stern). I’m playing the pinball game, not the bling.
The idea that anyone who buys a CCr SE is somehow excluded from the hobby in any way is just silly. And I’ll bet the vast majority of people that don’t buy the game simply because they couldn’t get an LE are flippers or really aren’t interested in the game itself.

Unfortunately this is a lot of the hobby now apparently.... how sad

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

PPS is taking names for CCR LE's - we are the WMS licensee and approver of these games, as well as have a contractual allocation of games, so if you are on the list you will get a game (so long as CGC builds them of course!). If you are interested - send email to [email protected]

Quoted from PPS:

I believe we still have some slots left ... email [email protected] ... but we are close to being out of what we expect to have available as far as LE's go.

Quoted from chooch:

Spot on and most of those who disagree were likely fortunate enough to score a LE . If they ever find the shoe on the other foot then I'm sure their tune will change.

Many of those who got LE’s were not somehow special or well connected, they simply took 30 seconds to send Sara at PPS an email or reach out to their favorite distributor a couple months ago. Read back thru this thread, all you
had to do was reach out to Sara if you wanted a game.
It sucks to get shut out on an LE believe me I get it, the last few Sterns LE’s that came out I had nothing but distributors doors slammed in my face.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.