(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 133.
#1951 2 years ago

Anyone dealt with https://toppinballmachines.com/

Seems mega scammy

I messaged them about CCR LE, the response was "we have them in stock ready to ship" LOL

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Seems mega scammy
I messaged them about CCR LE, the response was "we have them in stock ready to ship" LOL

Id say just like your avatar seems fishy like a monster fishy

#1953 2 years ago
46A74BC4-4DFE-46D8-8625-9860B6AB4BCB (resized).jpeg46A74BC4-4DFE-46D8-8625-9860B6AB4BCB (resized).jpeg
#1954 2 years ago

I wish people would stop speculating on the cost of a future upgrade package when we have no idea of what it will include.

#1955 2 years ago

Seems mega scammy

Thats almost funny

#1956 2 years ago

Seems mega scammy

3 of the pictures on the "about us" tab were stolen from The Pinball Company

#1957 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123674

5k worth of “finders fees?”
Well, thats a new twist..

#1958 2 years ago

Seems mega scammy

This has to be a scam.

“Our website went live under the guidance of New Managing Director Harvey Spector and with technical expertise of Jessica Pearson”

And look at the pictures of staff. What are the odds that every employee has the same name as characters on the “Suits” TV series?

2256A394-E7C2-4A9F-81CB-AE8F14405373 (resized).jpeg2256A394-E7C2-4A9F-81CB-AE8F14405373 (resized).jpeg
#1959 2 years ago

I think it's wrong that people get on a distro list months ahead even before a game release (especially when there's sooooo many new peeps to this growing great hobby (I've been in this now 6 years)). Nothing negative against those who managed to do that (good luck to you to all), I blame the distro's for this...
Most pinheads (not all) get on distro lists early to make $$$, not because they want the game. This isn't just CGC games, but Stern, JJP etc. I think JJP has it right... sell to the distro's and let the pin peeps buy direct also... everyone gets a fair crack at buying their favorite games!!
Just my two cents!!

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I wish people would stop speculating on the cost of a future upgrade package when we have no idea of what it will include.

Wouldn't be any speculation if the CGC delivered a transparent presentation,
now they are reading this & they know they can charge north of 1K for the upgrade.

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Dealers reporting they are currently sold out of LEs who later “find” additional units to sell at significant premiums will lose future allocations of LEs. We make a significant effort to provide customers quality products at fair prices, those efforts need to be respected by all CGC dealers.

Time to realize the old 1000, 1250 LE's are a thing of the past. What a year to sell out now takes a few hours. These numbers should be doubled to 2000, 2500.

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

I think it's wrong that people get on a distro list months ahead even before a game release. Nothing negative against those who managed to do that (good luck to you to all), I blame the distro's for this...
Most pinheads (not all) get on distro lists early to make $$$, not because they want the game. This isn't just CGC games, but Stern, JJP etc. I think JJP has it right... sell to the distro's and let the pin peeps buy direct also... everyone gets a fair crack at buying their favorite games!!
Just my two cents!!

What evidence do you have that it’s flippers getting on these lists. It’s been known for year(s) CCR was coming and Chicago Gaming has made 3 incredible machines. As an owner of all 3 previous pins (and their coffee table football) I have been holding a space in my gameroom for CCR. I know you say it’s not all flippers, but I would wager it’s the vast majority passionate pinheads taking these home. (I am sure there will be pins resold as well, that’s inevitable).

#1963 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Time to realize the old 1000, 1250 LE's are a thing of the past. What a year to sell out now takes a few hours. These numbers should be doubled to 2000, 2500.

I thought the same thing when I felt I missed out on spooky. Now i see Halloween spots “for sale” daily.

CC might not be the same frequency, but it will happen.

#1964 2 years ago

Didnt take him long…..

E48F42C0-EBA2-4FBB-A7A0-52FF2199338D (resized).pngE48F42C0-EBA2-4FBB-A7A0-52FF2199338D (resized).png
#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123674
5k worth of “finders fees?”
Well, thats a new twist.

I nominate them for 2021 Pinside D bag of the year.
Scalper scum

#1966 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This has to be a scam.
“Our website went live under the guidance of New Managing Director Harvey Spector and with technical expertise of Jessica Pearson”
And look at the pictures of staff. What are the odds that every employee has the same name as characters on the “Suits” TV series?[quoted image]

What gave it away?

Perhaps it was that "Jessica Pearson" photo is an example image from this photographer portfolio:

https://hudsonvalleydigitalmarketing.com/our-services/portrait-headshot-photography/

Or that all of the available stock is a straight copy & paste from Primetime Amusements? Whatever bot set this up did not even bother filtering watermarked images or mentions of Primetime in the copy. This $4599.00 *new* Woz Yellow Brick Road edition sure is tempting, tho'

https://toppinballmachines.com/product/wizard-of-oz-pinball-machines/

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Scalper scum

Second the nomination! All in favor? Gimme a break

#1968 2 years ago

After playing both at Pinball Expo, I switched my deposit from Godzilla Prem to CCr SE mainly because I had way more fun playing CC (and I think the theme is better for my small child)…Super stoked!

#1969 2 years ago

Love me some
Cactus

#1970 2 years ago

As someone mentioned earlier, a good scenario is to have a 24 hour ordering window for the top version machines. Everybody gets the opportunity to order and get a game. The factory and the dealers make guaranteed bank and the customers all win as LE amounts no longer matter.

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This has to be a scam.
And look at the pictures of staff. What are the odds that every employee has the same name as characters on the “Suits” TV series?[quoted image]

I can assure you all I do NOT go by an alias of Mike Ross. Complete scam.

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Love me some
Cactus

EB1E44B7-E622-4E28-8569-6F3C085D951B (resized).jpegEB1E44B7-E622-4E28-8569-6F3C085D951B (resized).jpeg
#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

As someone mentioned earlier, a good scenario is to have a 24 hour ordering window for the top version machines. Everybody gets the opportunity to order and get a game. The factory and the dealers make guaranteed bank and the customers all win as LE amounts no longer matter.

I am a huge fan of timed exclusives. Win win in my eyes.

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s no internet infrastructure on CGCs games. It’ll be a kit.

How do you know this? They have a new hardware platform and OS, my guess is that it can support IC.

#1975 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Scalper scum

A holes like this hurt the hobby. Pitiful

#1976 2 years ago

CCr pricing here in Australia.
SE 8k US = $13990 AUD,
LE $9250 US = $16990 AUD
It's interesting that a JJP is 11k US and is cheaper at $16850, could someone shed some light why the price is structured this way for me please.

Malaka (resized).JPGMalaka (resized).JPG
#1977 2 years ago

They are charging you roughly $3550 US more. That will include VAT & shipping. I don't know what those actual charges are but that's what it is.

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

They are charging you roughly $3550 US more. That will include VAT & shipping. I don't know what those actual charges are but that's what it is.

5ae9bb8123d98_CowboywantingtobeanAccountant.jpg.b3afef4e5730d53bc1f7427724a4b2bb (resized).jpg5ae9bb8123d98_CowboywantingtobeanAccountant.jpg.b3afef4e5730d53bc1f7427724a4b2bb (resized).jpg
#1979 2 years ago

Also, the JJP games may have already been there before the crazy new covid shipping prices.

#1980 2 years ago

Seriously the best game ever! I can’t wait for it to land this way!

#1981 2 years ago

I've waited more than three years to purchase my first pin. Deposit down for an SE, no idea when to expect it. The anticipation is unreal!

#1982 2 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

CCr pricing here in Australia.
SE 8k US = $13990 AUD,
LE $9250 US = $16990 AUD
It's interesting that a JJP is 11k US and is cheaper at $16850, could someone shed some light why the price is structured this way for me please. [quoted image]

I can't figure out CCr price structure for Australia .
Distributers can charge what ever they want I guess.

A Stern LE at $10500 USD is retailing for $15500 AUD here

Seems fair with our dollar now at .75

#1983 2 years ago

Please be aware of fraudulent websites and scams.
Should you have any questions regarding if a dealer is legitimate, please feel free to contact me directly.
I will be more than happy to verify any dealer before you do business with them.

Thank you all for the responses on Cactus Canyon Remake.

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Please be aware of fraudulent websites and scams.
Should you have any questions regarding if a dealer is legitimate, please feel free to contact me directly.
I will be more than happy to verify any dealer before you do business with them.
Thank you all for the responses on Cactus Canyon Remake.

Can you guys add more LEs before you get deeper into the launch? Jjp does like 5000 LEs and other manufacturers up the limit all the time. The only people who will be mad are scalpers.

#1986 2 years ago

Has anyone heard estimated delivery dates? Looking to put a deposit down for a SE

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Has anyone heard estimated delivery dates? Looking to put a deposit down for a SE

Email I recievd from PinballStar said SEs start shipping in "November and onwards"

#1988 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

SEs apparently starting this month; LEs starting in January.

It varies by dealer and order position.

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

What gave it away?
Perhaps it was that "Jessica Pearson" photo is an example image from this photographer portfolio:
https://hudsonvalleydigitalmarketing.com/our-services/portrait-headshot-photography/
Or that all of the available stock is a straight copy & paste from Primetime Amusements? Whatever bot set this up did not even bother filtering watermarked images or mentions of Primetime in the copy. This $4599.00 *new* Woz Yellow Brick Road edition sure is tempting, tho'
https://toppinballmachines.com/product/wizard-of-oz-pinball-machines/

LTG any way to report this site to JJP? They’re definitely bogus and claiming to sell JJPs with warranties. Would hate to see anybody buy something from site and get burned

#1990 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I can't figure out CCr price structure for Australia .
Distributers can charge what ever they want I guess.
A Stern LE at $10500 USD is retailing for $15500 AUD here
Seems fair with our dollar now at .75

I thought with the USA price for a LE at $9250 that would convert to approx $13750 (including GST) in Australia.

Great to see that PPS and CGC have kept a reasonable price structure in the USA to keep the hobby alive. CGC is determined to deliver value.

Hopefully the price in Australia is not pricing people out of the hobby.

#1991 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

any way to report this site to JJP?

Email [email protected]

LTG : )

#1992 2 years ago

Has anyone heard or know if CGC has included a real knocker in Cactus Canyon Remake?

#1993 2 years ago

Strange that the distributor I deal with has not been given any allocation numbers yet.

#1994 2 years ago

Thanks, i forwarded the site and links

#1995 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can you guys add more LEs before you get deeper into the launch? Jjp does like 5000 LEs and other manufacturers up the limit all the time. The only people who will be mad are scalpers.

Many people have made buying decisions based on the number of LEs being 1250; unfortunately, we cannot increase the number at this point.

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Many people have made buying decisions based on the number of LEs being 1250; unfortunately, we cannot increase the number at this point.

Thank you

#1997 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I agree and disagree with this. You can call it a limited product which I guess it still is. However at what point is that number 5000, doesn’t seem all that “Limited” to me. I get that you can completely satisfy the market with a large run. As a company you should announce a number and stick to it. So before doing so perhaps gauge your customers interest, reach out to distros and collectively see how many people they have on their “list”. Create / have an opening window to order. Say it’s 1750 customers want them, announce a little above but close to the interested numbers say 2000 units… that’s it. Don’t increase the run, don’t make additional versions of it. If the game is a hit & down the road people want to add them in their collections the secondary market will dictate the pricing. This eliminates most of the “flipping” prices. You’ll always have people that want the game first but outside of that IF you have patients your essentially guaranteed the game. The games will end up going to people who want them. The distributors would be rewarded with additional games to sell. The manufacturer would make more money and satisfy everyone. But those that have a “connection” and for the right reasons retain the game for their personal collection, I get why you’d want to keep to a sub 1000 or 500 limited / 200 collector editions. I also get the flippers perspective mentality of “keep it very limited, I’ve got a connection and I’ll be able to cash in.”

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

While IF I were to get an LE id be ecstatic about this (unfortunately can’t find one from any distributors), however Pinball manufacturers CGC included can always come up with another editon down the road. Most pinball manufacturers are very guilty of this.

#1998 2 years ago

Another option to consider would be to allow owners of previous CGC games a spot for future LEs. Generates loyalty, allows number matching and would mitigate the flippers in the secondary market. Previous owners would not be withheld from a distributors allocation, rather generate repeat business for the distributor and provide a chance to grow the hobby.

The current process stinks and is causing a hobby built on fun to be downright oppressive. Never thought I would take a break from the hobby, but this mess is making me consider it's time.

#1999 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I agree and disagree with this. You can call it a limited product which I guess it still is. However at what point is that number 5000, doesn’t seem all that “Limited” to me. I get that you can completely satisfy the market with a large run. As a company you should announce a number and stick to it. So before doing so perhaps gauge your customers interest, reach out to distros and collectively see how many people they have on their “list”. Create / have an opening window to order. Say it’s 1750 customers want them, announce a little above but close to the interested numbers say 2000 units… that’s it. Don’t increase the run, don’t make additional versions of it. If the game is a hit & down the road people want to add them in their collections the secondary market will dictate the pricing. This eliminates most of the “flipping” prices. You’ll always have people that want the game first but outside of that IF you have patients your essentially guaranteed the game. The games will end up going to people who want them. The distributors would be rewarded with additional games to sell. The manufacturer would make more money and satisfy everyone. But those that have a “connection” and for the right reasons retain the game for their personal collection, I get why you’d want to keep to a sub 1000 or 500 limited / 200 collector editions. I also get the flippers perspective mentality of “keep it very limited, I’ve got a connection and I’ll be able to cash in.”

While IF I were to get an LE id be ecstatic about this (unfortunately can’t find one from any distributors), however Pinball manufacturers CGC included can always come up with another editon down the road. Most pinball manufacturers are very guilty of this.

Fortunately the manufacturers understand LE buyers mentality and know the numbers would plummet if they made 3,000 LE’s

I would be out. Look at Halloween and how not limiting Collectors edition has hampered resale and buyers backing out.

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

So, I'm hearing there's a chance for another edition that includes the LE features?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 210.00
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/40?hl=pinballemporium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.