(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 133.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Cost for the new code will be 400….isnt that what they charged for the color dmd stuff when that came out? Maybe it’ll cost half as much for LE buyers, as that was.
Maybe $500 if they are getting greedy?

Ryan alluded to it being an upgrade kit that included more than just code.

#1902 2 years ago

Dr-Willy You have now made my list... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123674

"so you are paying me a $5000 finders fee essentially."

billy-madison-people-to-kill.gifbilly-madison-people-to-kill.gif
#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so many unanswered questions as CGC has done a very poor job of communicating to its customer base, and apparently their presentation at the expo was a complete joke. I'd simply like to know what "enhanced" code means along with the cost of the Lyman code is to LE buyers. It would also be nice to know whether or not SE buyers can buy LE components (topper, game blades, apron, etc...)

So 'original' means as shipped by WMS about 20 years ago (buggy and incomplete), 'enhanced' means that CGC fixed/finished the original planned CactusCanyon functionality before WMS pulled the plug in 1999 or so (and ended software development on CC) , and then 'Lyman's code' will be his interpretation of what CCr's theme can do given the playfield toys/hardware that exists (almost a blank canvas in software). I think the BIG wildcard is the new Lyman version since it may or may not happen, may come at any price (to be determined later), and may or may not be interesting to the same people that like CC to begin with, but may be attractive to a new audience.

Is that a fair guess?

#1904 2 years ago

Hopefully with the new code/rule set they let give the player the option to choose which way they want to play.

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Cost for the new code will be 400….isnt that what they charged for the color dmd stuff when that came out? Maybe it’ll cost half as much for LE buyers, as that was.

I've got my guess on $500. I think that would be the sweet spot. I would be cool with $500 for an additional Lyman code.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

So 'original' means as shipped by WMS about 20 years ago (buggy and incomplete), 'enhanced' means that CGC fixed/finished the original planned CactusCanyon functionality before WMS pulled the plug in 1999 or so (and ended software development on CC) , and then 'Lyman's code' will be his interpretation of what CCr's theme can do given the playfield toys/hardware that exists (almost a blank canvas in software).
Is that a fair guess?

It's definitely a fair guess and seems probable. But, some concrete answers from CGC would be nice with people chomping at the bit.

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Dr-Willy You have now made my list... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123674
"so you are paying me a $5000 finders fee essentially."[quoted image]

TLDR; I am not trying to hose you, but I am curious if I can hose you..... for science.

It has only just begun, more will follow.

#1908 2 years ago

So 'original' means as shipped by WMS about 20 years ago (buggy and incomplete), 'enhanced' means that CGC fixed/finished the original planned CactusCanyon functionality before WMS pulled the plug in 1999 or so (and ended software development on CC) , and then 'Lyman's code' will be his interpretation of what CCr's theme can do given the playfield toys/hardware that exists (almost a blank canvas in software).
Is that a fair guess?

Its certainly a fair guess, but it would be nice to hear it from CGC. Also what version was played at the Expo? I haven't watched any of the videos.

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

TLDR; I am not trying to hose you, but I am curious if I can hose you..... for science.
It has only just begun, more will follow.

Hey what can he say, “it’s not bolted to the floor”

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I really hope people buy into this with some patience. It could literally be years before new code/mechanical add ons are available for this game.

#1911 2 years ago

Maybe next time CGC will just make regular and enhanced versions of the games and skip the "limited" part. Silly to hold back when so much demand for the LE features here.

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

what company don't fuck up the release nowadays? pretty pathetic all across the board. Pr is horrible.

Because 1300 plus people just showed them they don't care?

#1913 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

alluded to it COULD be... deciding if they want to add more 'substance' to it.

Anything they add will be to help justify the price point.. so get ready for the ramming rod.

#1914 2 years ago

Is that a fair guess?

I’m starting to wonder if Lyman was originally supposed to work on the CC code back in the WMS days and had a concept for it all along before everything closed down?
Kinda like what happen with the code for 24 at Stern. In the beginning, Dwight was working on the 24 code and had a whole different game, but later Lyman finished it and it wasn’t like the original Dwight concept for 24.
Just a thought.

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Maybe next time CGC will just make regular and enhanced versions of the games and skip the "limited" part. Silly to hold back when so much demand for the LE features here.

If they go that route (which is fine) than "Limited" basically means nothing....CGC was very upfront with MMR upgrades, but not so much with CCR

#1916 2 years ago

MM royal goes for stupid money even though you can literally upgrade an SE to everything except the badge

#1917 2 years ago

all pinball purchases right now are .....

#1918 2 years ago

So 'original' means as shipped by WMS about 20 years ago (buggy and incomplete), 'enhanced' means that CGC fixed/finished the original planned CactusCanyon functionality before WMS pulled the plug in 1999 or so (and ended software development on CC) , and then 'Lyman's code' will be his interpretation of what CCr's theme can do given the playfield toys/hardware that exists (almost a blank canvas in software). I think the BIG wildcard is the new Lyman version since it may or may not happen, may come at any price (to be determined later), and may or may not be interesting to the same people that like CC to begin with, but may be attractive to a new audience.
Is that a fair guess?

Yes. And consistent with what Ryan has said.

The Enhanced code mentioned on the features matrix implements the code as the original design team intended. It’s unclear if Lyman participated in that effort.

What is clear is that CGC currently plans to have Lyman code an optional update (for additional cost) that will run on both editions. Whether that’s additional modes to the current code or entirely new game play or if it comes with some sort of playfield upgrade kit isn’t known (at least to us). There has been plenty of speculation on price but nothing announced by CGC.

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Hopefully with the new code/rule set they let give the player the option to choose which way they want to play.

The matrix shows both versions are in both games.

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Earlier in the thread there was a photo of the apron and the LE# on the medallion was in the 200’s. Just a thought but, does that lead some credence to the idea that they’ve already manufactured at least that many? Or do you think it was “shit, Expo is tomorrow! Just grab one outta the box, we gotta GO!!”?

Almost certainly grab one out of the box. I don’t know about CGC, but the other manufacturers don’t build LEs in LE number order.

#1921 2 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, CGC will be allowing serial number matching to previous buyers?

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

MMr was just color dots, and that was 2015 or 16? All new Lyman code kit in 2022 will be $1k minimum. Probably more.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

MMr was just color dots, and that was 2015 or 16? All new Lyman code kit in 2022 will be $1k minimum. Probably more.

If it’s just code my guess is $500, Will be interesting to look back on this thread and see who was right. CGC’s has been very reasonable over the past few years with all of their games and upgrades, I don’t imagine that will change going forward given their pricing with CCR. They have definitely built up a lot of goodwill in this hobby!

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All new Lyman code kit in 2022 will be $1k minimum. Probably more.

It will be subscription based, $19.95 a month. It's the new way companies are making money...

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've got my guess on $500. I think that would be the sweet spot. I would be cool with $500 for an additional Lyman code.

Thats my hope as well. At Assumed 2000 games upgraded that's 1 Million dollars. That should show Lyman some love.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. And consistent with what Ryan has said.

Did Ryan Really have anything consistant to promote on this game?? Anything

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

It will be subscription based, $19.95 a month. It's the new way companies are making money...

There’s no internet infrastructure on CGCs games. It’ll be a kit.

#1928 2 years ago

I am trying to get a realistic understanding of sell-through of CCr-LEs at the dealer level. It would be a huge help if people could PM me with the names of dealers that have indicated they are sold out of CCr-LEs and any dealers offering product only at an inflated price. If I get a ton of responses, I might not be able to reply to everyone so thanks in advance for any help!

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

I am trying to get a realistic understanding of sell-through of CCr-LEs at the dealer level. It would be a huge help if people could PM me with the names of dealers that have indicated they are sold out of CCr-LEs and any dealers offering product only at an inflated price. If I get a ton of responses, I might not be able to reply to everyone so thanks in advance for any help!

Hey Doug, I'd like to purchase a CCR LE, and give my money DIRECTLY TO CGC Apparently it's "Sold Out" everywhere.... can you get me one ? Thanks.

Without a PM I can tell you Joe at Pinball Star claims sold out. Apparently if you read this thread, JJ at game exchange sold out, and cointaker is also sold out. As well as Zach M. at Flip N Out Pinball all sold out of the CCR LE

#1930 2 years ago

I got to play several games of CCr at the Pinball Expo this weekend. I really like the LE with the topper. Very impressive mix of what is an older more traditional pinball with just enough enhancements to make it a lot of fun. So much so I have decided to make an attempt to acquire one. It's a striking contrast to the Stern Games although Im a big Stern fan and really enjoy the ones I have and the ones I'm still waiting for.

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

alluded to it COULD be... deciding if they want to add more 'substance' to it.
Anything they add will be to help justify the price point.. so get ready for the ramming rod.

That's what I was thinking too, lol. For only $2500 you get not only new code w/ an entirely new ruleset, but these beautiful swinging saloon doors!

#1932 2 years ago

Yeah I've played the original on location and enjoyed it even though they weren't in the best shape. I put my name on the LE list well before the reveal based solely on how great my mmr le and mble are. It was a no brainer for me and expo just confirmed what I figured anyway

#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If they go that route (which is fine) than "Limited" basically means nothing....CGC was very upfront with MMR upgrades, but not so much with CCR

Yeah, just ditch the limited and make as many of the better versions as they can sell, just like Stern pro/premium. If they must do limited, just do limited bling and leave gameplay the same across all models.

#1935 2 years ago

This game looks just terrible. You all should definitely cancel your LE orders, especially if you ordered from PPS. I am certainly NOT just saying this because I am on the waitlist with them hoping to get your canceled order

#1936 2 years ago

Dealers reporting they are currently sold out of LEs who later “find” additional units to sell at significant premiums will lose future allocations of LEs. We make a significant effort to provide customers quality products at fair prices, those efforts need to be respected by all CGC dealers.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

We will see tons of CC LEs for sale in about 4-6 months. Its a dog of a game compared to today's games. Everyone wants a CCLE. Lol, what a mistake!

Apparently Keith Elwin has a differing opinion

Screenshot_20211101-164449_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211101-164449_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1938 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Apparently Keith Elwin has a differing opinion
[quoted image]

I though Keith hated scoops!? Two of this games main shots are scoops lol

#1939 2 years ago

I think the key is to use a lesser known distributor. I called mine the day after the announcement in August to get on the "interest list", so did my wife unbeknownst to me. I got a call from them on Saturday while I was at the Expo and put my deposit on an LE. Today my wife got a call from the same distributor and she said you already talked to my husband lol. Needless to say, I did NOT order a 2nd one, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the people I work with. They may have more to sell who knows

#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I though Keith hated scoops?
Two of this games main shots are scoops.

Who doesn't like two scoops?
two scoops (resized).jpgtwo scoops (resized).jpg

#1941 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Dealers reporting they are currently sold out of LEs who later “find” additional units to sell at significant premiums will lose future allocations of LEs. We make a significant effort to provide customers quality products at fair prices, those efforts need to be respected by all CGC dealers.

You should drop those “offender” CGC dealers altogether , so it’s OK for them to still continue to sell the rest of your products ?! Why continue to reward them. What’s stopping dealer to dealer deals to continue to F*ck your customers over… just sell direct like Spooky. Or simply increase the demand for your product so the price inflation can’t happen.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You should drop those CGC dealers altogether , so it’s OK for them to still continue to sell the rest of your products ?! Why continue to reward them. What’s stopping dealer to dealer deals to continue to F*ck your customers over… just sell direct like Spooky. Or simply increase the demand for your product so the price inflation can’t happen.

No thank you. Kingpin and Flipnout have More then been helpful pre and post sales for me. A good distributor is a wonderful thing.

#1943 2 years ago

Any “offender” distributor that breaks policy CGC should completely cut ties with. The end.

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Any “offender” distributor that breaks policy CGC should completely cut ties with. The end.

Thats fair I just do not agree with sell direct. Any distributor that can't follow the rules is a different story.

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats fair I just do not agree with sell direct. Any distributor that can't follow the rules is a different story.

Distributors are great… I get it Im completely with you. Distributors that take advantage should be taken out of the mix altogether… Doug shouldn’t allow them to continue to be a distributor for CGC at all.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

If any of you west coast guys would like to trade your nice MBrLE, MM/MMr or AFMLE for my CCrLE, let me know. I can just walk outside for cowboy country . Looks amazing as usual from CGC. I think one of the others may be more my speed. PM if that sounds interesting.

Never mind, I loved CCContinued at Banning, and will be excited to see what Lyman does with this one!

#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

"so you are paying me a $5000 finders fee essentially."[quoted image]

Agree. Total douche move.

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Distributors are great… I get it Im completely with you. Distributors that take advantage should be taken out of the mix altogether… Doug shouldn’t allow them to continue to be a distributor for CGC at all.

They used to be called "Value Added Distributors" for a reason, because they ADDED VALUE in some way, shape or fashion. I am 100% in support of value added distributors who help the customer before, during or after the sale. The best ones do all three and are available and approachable. Great distributors allow companies like CGC to scale, become stronger, etc. That said, it's important for CGC to verify the business plan, business ethics and value-added approaches that any distributor uses to conduct their business. Without this verification/scrutiny, CGC loses customer respect, long-term revenues, and customer satisfaction (which starts with order placement, not when the NIB arrives)

Go Distributors!

#1949 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

PLEASE consider just making the games people want to Buy. You make an incredible product that people want. If they are willing to pay the premium for the fully loaded version so be it. Other then those looking to profit on flipping your product due to scarcity I highly doubt anyone would care if you made 50000 LE games. More profit for the company and all the debating would end. Yes, a few would be sad about the number plate but really does it matter?? Just call it 1 of Many! lol Must be frustrating to see flippers making double your revenue margin just for figuring out the buying cycle. Make em till the register stops ringing and all will be happy!!! Love all CGC does, thank you.

#1950 2 years ago

So, I was lucky enough to be on two distributors final lists. I put my name on the lists in June/July I believe. Not sure exactly, but it was a few months ago. Took me about a second to decide NOT to get greedy and buy both games. Just notified Sara to take me off her list and got a super nice email back from her thanking me for notifying her accordingly.

Not sure why people think CGC will gouge price the Lyman update. They came in under every prediction I saw for final prices for CCr. I will guess 199 to 299 bucks for the update. Seems more in line to me for their type of pricing strategy assuming no extra hardware is needed. They do need to pay Lyman for his time .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/39?hl=aaron6920 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.