(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 133.
#1851 2 years ago

as JFH stated before, people will cancel orders when full payments are due as well. MMr sold out in seconds and by the time they were shipping they had stock waiting to be paid for. Lots of people get in but then never poney up the cash when it is time. Now I'm not saying half the units will be available, but if there is a waiting list get on it.

#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

as JFH stated before, people will cancel orders when full payments are due as well. MMr sold out in seconds and by the time they were shipping they had stock waiting to be paid for. Lots of people get in but then never poney up the cash when it is time. Now I'm not saying half the units will be available, but if there is a waiting list get on it.

Genuine question here. Were the deposits on previous CGC titles refundable or did that depend on which distributor you ordered from? I'm asking because on CCr, most distributors I'm seeing are requiring a $500 deposit NON refundable. That could potentially cut down on people bailing out.

#1853 2 years ago

I hope this is the case, but that was a different time. Lots of newbies that pony up big cash for games now. There are likely hundreds chomping at the bit to be on a list to get one of those cancellations.

Quoted from northvibe:

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Really ?! Well I can't find one, so in the event you find one from a distro, please let me know as I'd like to purchase a CCR LE.

I've owned all the CGC LE's, and based on past experience CGC won't even start shipping these for 3-6 months....if they tell you 6 weeks its probably more like 12-16 ....my point is many people will drop out and give up their spots at some point....it may take a months, but many will come available. Aside from the original MMRLE (which took almost 2 years to get the game) run both AFMRLE and MBRLE were available for almost a year after the release yet everyone claimed they were sold out day 1....

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My distributor says they don't even know their allotment yet so can't say if you get an LE or not and I have been on the radar for months. looks like CGC is dropping the ball with the distributors and not being as forthcoming as they should be.

Lets hope as you say a bunch drop off the list when it comes actual time to pay. It would be nice if those of us that have bought LE's in the past can at least get on the top of the list as a loyalty thing.

#1856 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Genuine question here. Were the deposits on previous CGC titles refundable or did that depend on which distributor you ordered from? I'm asking because on CCr, most distributors I'm seeing are requiring a $500 deposit NON refundable. That could potentially cut down on people bailing out.

I think my MMRLE, MBRLE, and AFMRLE deposits were all technically non refundable. Zero chance I would put down a $500 non refundable deposit on an SE, and then wait 4-8 months for CGC to deliver....I would be patient and wait it out until distributors have them in stock. There will be dozens for sale.

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think my MMRLE, MBRLE, and AFMRLE deposits were all technically non refundable. Zero chance I would put down a $500 non refundable deposit on an SE, and then wait 4-8 months for CGC to deliver....I would be patient and wait it out until distributors have them in stock. There will be dozens for sale.

If we are guaranteed and LE no problem take my $1000.00 non-refundable deposit and I have no problem on waiting. It's just how can they roll out the product and not give the distributors the allotment #'s in either category. Please take my $$$$ lol

#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

The luxury watch market is absolutely nuts. This hobby has finally caught up. Daytona's going for 50k. 30 year old Subs going for 18k+. Authorized dealers snidely selling to the grey market to boost resale values and manufacturers doing nothing about it. You could once travel to Dubai and walk into any AD and select your watch of choice. All dealer cases are empty and you have to buy crappy models to be "eligible" to get on a list of maybe getting a sports model.

maybe join a watch forum?

Quoted from jkashani:

I hope this is the case, but that was a different time. Lots of newbies that pony up big cash for games now. There are likely hundreds chomping at the bit to be on a list to get one of those cancellations.

game exchange list was over 80 deep for people wanting them.

#1859 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just my price prediction:
LE $11,500 / Premium $8500 / Classic $7500

why do people do this? way off!

#1860 2 years ago

I never understood a refundable deposit.
The paperwork must be a complete pain in the ass for the distributor or any small business.

#1861 2 years ago

Earlier in the thread there was a photo of the apron and the LE# on the medallion was in the 200’s. Just a thought but, does that lead some credence to the idea that they’ve already manufactured at least that many? Or do you think it was “shit, Expo is tomorrow! Just grab one outta the box, we gotta GO!!”?

#1862 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've owned all the CGC LE's, and based on past experience CGC won't even start shipping these for 3-6 months....if they tell you 6 weeks its probably more like 12-16 ....my point is many people will drop out and give up their spots at some point....it may take a months, but many will come available. Aside from the original MMRLE (which took almost 2 years to get the game) run both AFMRLE and MBRLE were available for almost a year after the release yet everyone claimed they were sold out day 1....

I think I ordered my MBr LE in early October and received it in early March. If I remember correctly, they made the MBr LE's before the other models... plus we weren't dealing with all of the supply chain interruptions.

#1863 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think I ordered my MBr LE in early October and received it in early March. If I remember correctly, they made the MBr LE's before the other models... plus we weren't dealing with all of the supply chain interruptions.

Based on Joe’ email…it sounds like SEs are being made first…but maybe he has a later allocation?

“ SEs shipping first in November and onward / LEs starting in January”

#1864 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I believe my MBRLE took 3-4 months and I was on the number matching priority list since I purchased the other CGC LE's (MMRLE, and AFMRLE)....MMRLE took almost 2 years, and my AFMRLE took over 6 months.....I love CGC games, but they NEVER make schedule and are always months behind (and that was pre covid). A lot can happen to this market in 6-12 months as Stern, JJP, etc will be releasing new games that may become higher priority ? My guess is that unless Lyman knocks it out of the park (and the cost is reasonable) you'll be seeing a lot of CCRLE's on the market.

#1865 2 years ago

I honestly don't remember. Well since it is a distro they could apply your 500 deposit to a different game, I know a lot do that, but yes it tries to cut down on flakes, but it always happens. Or we'll just get the flippers.

#1866 2 years ago

If you want the machine and a ahole is asking more than $1199 above msrp. tell them that you are reporting them to the irs for making a taxable income on the machine. Which is the law. Pinside should be doing this for new machines only. I have been waiting money in hand for a le for years and aholes Get a lot of them. They are not interesting in the machine. This market has turned into a bunch of greedy people not players or hobbyist.

#1867 2 years ago

Just received from Planetary Pinball. Check your email Pardner:
Hi Again,

If you are reading this, you can make your deposit in about 48 hours. Our last ETA was TUES/WED for deposits, please continue to wait.

To speed this up, you can reply back with your “ship to” info so we can continue to get your sales order ready.

Thank you,
[email protected]

*if you already put in a deposit with another dist. or no longer want the game please reply back to be removed. This is a “confirmed to buy” LE list. Thanks!*

#1868 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Love what cgc is doing.
Dont like or think the FOMO tactic with lots of extras for the lucky few is needed.
The games are good enough as is and all should be able to get the best version.
For this game and other cgc´s the topper is almost what makes the game, seems silly to only have a few of them.

The topper is very cool and I’m not but normally a topper guy. I have to say though that wooden arch is very cool and the super nice touch!

#1869 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Just received from Planetary Pinball. Check your email Pardner:
Hi Again,
If you are reading this, you can make your deposit in about 48 hours. Our last ETA was TUES/WED for deposits, please continue to wait.
To speed this up, you can reply back with your “ship to” info so we can continue to get your sales order ready.
Thank you,
[email protected]
*if you already put in a deposit with another dist. or no longer want the game please reply back to be removed. This is a “confirmed to buy” LE list. Thanks!*

So if we got that email does it mean we are guaranteed a CC LE?

#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

From an an earlier message I got from Sarah it means you are guaranteed a chance to buy the LE, yes. If you put in your deposit when they ask for it, And pay the remainder when they ask for it, you will get one. In other words, you have a guaranteed spot.
Edit: to the best of my knowledge and that is my understanding (disclaimer lol)

#1871 2 years ago

Got on my distributors list for an LE, He told me he has gotten hundreds of requests for the LE.

Crazy time in pinball.

#1872 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

From an an earlier message I got from Sarah it means you are guaranteed a chance to buy the LE, yes. If you put in your deposit when they ask for it, And pay the remainder when they ask for it, you will get one. In other words, you have a guaranteed spot

Edit: to the best of my knowledge and that is my understanding (disclaimer lol)

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:“ SEs shipping first in November and onward / LEs starting in January”

This is correct .....

#1874 2 years ago

They are doing a run of se before the le .. le start beginning of new year.

#1875 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Yes as long as you pay your deposit.

#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They are doing a run of se before the le .. le start beginning of new year.

Wonder why they are doing SEs first. Maybe topper takes longer to make.

#1877 2 years ago

Typically it is to get them out to operators to put in bars and arcades. In the past, operators were a pin company’s biggest customers. There was not much of a collectors market to speak of

Quoted from JSC:

#1878 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

LE code.....

#1879 2 years ago

There has been no indication of code unique to the LE (other than the topper of course)

#1880 2 years ago

I'm guessing they want to get the game out to the public and they are most likely waiting on the extra le upgraded stuff. Also they want to get all the kinks and things worked out before moving to the le .

#1881 2 years ago

Anyone know the difference between the "enhanced code" and the "original code" ?

#1882 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

CC is just not that good of a game. You newbies will find out soon. Plenty of.CC LE will be for sale. Pretty boring game.

Yup. My partner finished the entire game on ball one, first time he ever played a CC. The additional code is definitely needed here.

#1883 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Disagree. CC got boring primarily because the code was never finished. That’s not the case with CCr

The additional code took about 5 minutes to get through. CCr isn't much different from WPC CC. Need Continued to make this worthwhile...

#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Called a few distributors and no one has CC LE. I don’t even see any for sale with markups either which is weird. Every distributor wanted to sell the SE version but I can’t apart with the topper which is one of the main selling points of the game. I might be willing to buy an SE if CGC will sell a topper otherwise I think it’s a no go for me. I think due to the high demand of this game a compromise would be to sell the topper. Distros should put pressure on CGC to make it happen.

Agree about the topper. If I don’t get an LE, I have no interest in an SE without the topper. I’ll get something else if it ends up that you can’t put the topper on the SE. I don’t see any reason to order an SE at this time.

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The additional code took about 5 minutes to get through. CCr isn't much different from WPC CC. Need Continued to make this worthwhile...

Kind of like how Monster Bash is for a lot of people, very shallow but very fun to play. I guess the difference is monster Bash is what it is CC at least has a another code package coming, so hopefully it’s awesome.

#1886 2 years ago

Congratulations to everybody that secured a le .... so much demand at the moment. I've never seen so many wanted ads on here and on Facebook and also in the ccr thread's. Crazy time for pinball..

I agree cc code is not deep but i always enjoyed the game when i have came across it . The new finished code is nice and all but it didn't change the overall rules or anything and its still not as deep as afm and mm . I think the big deal this time is that Lyman the great is gonna make it a whole new game over the next year or so which is awesome bc cc has nice shots and mechs add that along with new deeper code it cld be amazing . Believe this is the reason for the demand...and they make a tank of a pin especially for the current price.

#1887 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Agree about the topper. If I don’t get an LE, I have no interest in an SE without the topper. I’ll get something else if it ends up that you can’t put the topper on the SE. I don’t see any reason to order an SE at this time.

In the past (MBR and AFM) the topper was unique to the LE's ONLY. They changed that with the royal so us LE owners could upgrade. I would be surprised if CGC allowed SE buyers to upgrade, but who knows. We need clarity from CGC on this. I'd be fine if they sold the topper separately as its better for all

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

In the past (MBR and AFM) the topper was unique to the LE's ONLY. They changed that with the royal so us LE owners could upgrade. I would be surprised if CGC allowed SE buyers to upgrade, but who knows. We need clarity from CGC on this. I'd be fine if they sold the topper separately as its better for all

The topper has also never had game play elements and the market is very different now. I wish they’d just make them all available (so I can selfishly get the AFM topper).

#1889 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

whats the difference?

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Congratulations to everybody that secured a le .... so much demand at the moment. I've never seen so many wanted ads on here and on Facebook and also in the ccr thread's. Crazy time for pinball..
I agree cc code is not deep but i always enjoyed the game when i have came across it . The new finished code is nice and all but it didn't change the overall rules or anything and its still not as deep as afm and mm . I think the big deal this time is that Lyman the great is gonna make it a whole new game over the next year or so which is awesome bc cc has nice shots and mechs add that along with new deeper code it cld be amazing . Believe this is the reason for the demand...and they make a tank of a pin especially for the current price.

Agreed and for not much more than the price of Stern premium, less than if you consider the cost of a Stern topper. A game that was unobtainable for the most part due to limited production and now to be able to buy it new in the box with extended code with cool new features seems like a no-brainer.

Damn I don’t have the cash for all this shit!

#1891 2 years ago

So, the Lyman code is not included? It's being sold at additional cost sometime in the future? This front CGC website led me to believe it was included.

Screenshot_20211101-140742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211101-140742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1892 2 years ago

So, the Lyman code is not included? It's being sold at additional cost sometime in the future?

They did add to current code but at a later time a whole new code will be released possibly with add on playfield stuff all for a additional cost.

#1893 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

The topper has also never had game play elements and the market is very different now. I wish they’d just make them all available (so I can selfishly get the AFM topper).

yea I think the AFM topper is by far the best they've made thus far ! I haven't seen how the CCR topper really works so hard to compare, but definitely better than MM or the MBR toppers that basically do nothing, but light up.

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

yea I think the AFM topper is by far the best they've made thus far ! I haven't seen how the CCR topper really works so hard to compare, but definitely better than MM or the MBR toppers that basically do nothing, but light up.

AFM was definitely the best topper until now, I don’t understand fully how the cc topper integrates with gameplay, but if it does and it is fun then it will be their best effort IMHO

#1895 2 years ago

So, the Lyman code is not included? It's being sold at additional cost sometime in the future?

Someone said he helped somewhat to get the code where it currently is but don't know if that's true. There is more coming code wise from him at a cost which no ones knows what it will cost. So many unknowns on this game but so many willing to put a deposit down just because he's involved, would have tried to secure an LE but not guaranteeing the topper was LE only and charging for Lyman code just pissed me off plus possibly waiting 6 months sucked also.

#1896 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

While it would be nice I can see this opening up another round of anger as that topper would likely cost over 1k. Seems to be a lot of tech on the inside from the photos shown. If the SE with topper costs as much or more then the LE the fans will go wild.

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

There is more coming code wise from him at a cost which no ones knows what it will cost. and charging for Lyman code just pissed me off

I agree. Charging for updated/new code is pretty upsetting. However, if the new Lyman code makes the game overly complicated, they can keep it. No thanks.

#1898 2 years ago

I agree. Charging for updated/new code is pretty upsetting. However, if the new Lyman code makes the game overly complicated, they can keep it. No thanks.

so many unanswered questions as CGC has done a very poor job of communicating to its customer base, and apparently their presentation at the expo was a complete joke. I'd simply like to know what "enhanced" code means along with the cost of the Lyman code is to LE buyers. It would also be nice to know whether or not SE buyers can buy LE components (topper, game blades, apron, etc...)

#1899 2 years ago

The Cost for the new code will be 400….isnt that what they charged for the color dmd stuff when that came out? Maybe it’ll cost half as much for LE buyers, as that was.

Maybe $500 if they are getting greedy?

#1900 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so many unanswered questions as CGC has done a very poor job of communicating to its customer base, and apparently their presentation at the expo was a complete joke. I'd simply like to know what "enhanced" code means along with the cost of the Lyman code is to LE buyers. It would also be nice to know whether or not SE buyers can buy LE components (topper, game blades, apron, etc...)

what company don't fuck up the release nowadays? pretty pathetic all across the board. Pr is horrible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,999 (OBO)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,000 (Firm)
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/38?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.