(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 133.
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No “tracks” bit under the rails (but has the train). No interior art. Different “mine” cover.

Quoted from polishedball:

Did they mention what besides the topper and arch are different on the SE? I thought he said something about the train tracks, does this mean no train?

Quoted from dog:

Must be an added divertor at the top off the right ramp for train mode, the ball doesn’t usually come down the tracks

Quoted from kciaccio:

For $1,250 You get DOUBLE the warranty And..
Artist Sculpted Mine Cart and Tracks
Artist Sculpted Train Tracks
Gunslinger Lower Arch
Limited Edition Metal Serial Number Medallion (1250)
Wild West Shootout Topper
Custom Interior Art Blades
Shaker Motor
And I don't know if you have been keeping up on topper prices lately but this is a steal at $1,250 in the pinball world these days...

I love doing mods to my machines and CC was a great one to do. I have owned two CC's over the years and just purchased my HUO one a little more than a year ago. I did a track upgrade along with a train mod (first machine). The original train size is about the same as an HO model train. Looked at EBay for along time for a train that was about the same size/style and price (didn't want to over pay if it didn't work out) as I was going to cut the train up to fit where the original plastic one went. After a number of hours and cuts the train turned out great! Also had a HO train guy make me a track that I fit under the rails giving the effect of the tracks. All in all it all worked out and looked amazing! Will be doing this mod again to my new CC as I already found the train again and just need to duplicate the tracks.

IMG_0419 (resized).JPGIMG_0419 (resized).JPGIMG_0422 (resized).JPGIMG_0422 (resized).JPGIMG_0542 (resized).JPGIMG_0542 (resized).JPG
#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I love doing mods to my machines and CC was a great one to do. I have owned two CC's over the years and just purchased my HUO one a little more than a year ago. I did a track upgrade along with a train mod (first machine). The original train size is about the same as an HO model train. Looked at EBay for along time for a train that was about the same size/style and price (didn't want to over pay if it didn't work out) as I was going to cut the train up to fit where the original plastic one went. After a number of hours and cuts the train turned out great! Also had a HO train guy make me a track that I fit under the rails giving the effect of the tracks. All in all it all worked out and looked amazing! Will be doing this mod again to my new CC as I already found the train again and just need to duplicate the tracks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...that looks kick-@ss

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They basically left the door open to making it more than just software… but made it sound like a decision yet to be made. Because again you gotta do something to boost the ability to charge more to makeup for the small target audience and expensive effort. I could see them adding some other bolt on toy or something… but i think it will be minor.
As for just software… remember they already sold color upgrades for $400 was it?
People are spending thousands on cosmetic toppers. The market is saying they will spend 4 difit numbers if it’s something they want.

Saloon doors maybe, and a couple other goodies?

#1804 2 years ago

Saloon doors would be my top pick since they were planned for the original although Mikespinball train looks awesome!

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that Pinballstar allocation is either low and/or already spoken for at pre-sale time. I'll have to find another distro to get in with before the next big release.

Seenev I feel your pain but believe me Joe was in the same boat as most all the other distributors, I was on multiple lists with different Distro’s one of which I had been on for more than 7 months and I still didn’t make the cut. I know from talking to Joe after the GNR CE debacle after allotments were pulled back, he was beside himself having to disappoint his customers like that. Joe took it very personally, he prides himself in taking care of his customers! I know I don’t need to say this because most all of you already know it, but there is not a better Distributor and all around good guy in this hobby than Joe!

On a side note I have been shut out of so many LE’s I can’t even count them. To the guys who didn’t get one sit tight the lists will consolidate as duplicate orders are weeded out, people will drop out, games will come available.

#1806 2 years ago

I love the drop target shooting thing on this with the up post in the return lane - for me thats one of the best features of the game. First game to do it? And inspiration for Elwins in JP and Avengers? Imo it works better on this than either of those. And for some reaon doesnt piss me off as much as Ghostbusters does. I think if GB had the up post also it would have made the Scoleri's less annoying (although I get they're supposed to be a PIA).

#1807 2 years ago

I've been around for a while and can't think of a time where we had 3 releases like Godzilla, CCr and Vahalla in a 6 week period. (throw in Elvira 40th for good measure).

#1808 2 years ago

Got in on an LE. Looking forward to this game. I’ve honestly never played it, but I’ve owned CGC games in the past and their games are rock solid. Add Lyman and Josh to the mix and you just can’t go wrong!

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Shout out to Ed Robertson from BNL where his lyrics are “If I had a million dollars …. Wouldn’t hafta eat Kraft dinner, but we would!”
I feel this way about Chick-Fil-A… mmm that peanut oil dipped chicken mmmm mmm good.

Are you saying if you had a million dollars you wouldn’t eat chick-fil-a?

Peanut oil is great…naturally free of cholesterol and low in saturated fat…contains a large percentage of healthier fats – especially monounsaturated fats – that are considered heart-healthy or heart-neutral fats. Because peanut oil doesn’t begin to break down until after it reaches 450 degrees Fahrenheit – which is called a high “smoke point’ in the industry – it holds onto its health benefits even during cooking, unlike some other oils.

Back ON TOPIC: In for an LE CCr.

#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that Pinballstar allocation is either low and/or already spoken for at pre-sale time. I'll have to find another distro to get in with before the next big release.

Hopefully you can find an allocation, maybe there are dealers with more allocation than buyers because they are not as well know. I was able to get a Godzilla LE from a dealer I'd never heard of before. It's a different world, I was able to buy an AFM LE and STLE both several months after they were released, ised to be fewer immediate sell outs in the past. It's incredible that so many dollars are flowing into these new pins: Godzilla, CCr, Elvira 40th, Halloween/UM and Valhalla all wishing the past 90 days.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

We will see tons of CC LEs for sale in about 4-6 months. Its a dog of a game compared to today's games. Everyone wants a CCLE. Lol, what a mistake!

Known teekee for a long time. He would love to get His hands on one to flip!

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Are you saying if you had a million dollars you wouldn’t eat chick-fil-a?
Peanut oil is great…naturally free of cholesterol and low in saturated fat…contains a large percentage of healthier fats – especially monounsaturated fats – that are considered heart-healthy or heart-neutral fats. Because peanut oil doesn’t begin to break down until after it reaches 450 degrees Fahrenheit – which is called a high “smoke point’ in the industry – it holds onto its health benefits even during cooking, unlike some other oils.
Back ON TOPIC: In for an LE CCr.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0c5b411f2069ea875c50abd9a6b461a380d2a2b9-1635726885-1800"};
//]]>

No I’m saying … I still would eat Chick-Fil-A. Hence “we wouldn’t hafta eat kraft dinner, but we WOULD.”

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

No I’m saying … I still would eat Chick-Fil-A. Hence “we wouldn’t hafta eat kraft dinner, but we WOULD.”

Got it! But the logic is still lost on me given you wouldn’t hafta eat chik fil a even if you were NOT a millionaire….in any case, love me that peanut oil!

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Teekee is just dejected all these guys have taken away his "flipper profit" the last several years. Stern woke up after that Metallica LE debacle.

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Already have two...

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Teekee is just dejected all these guys have taken away his "flipper profit" the last several years. Stern woke up after that Metallica LE debacle.

Just telling the truth. The game sucks but glad people are overpaying for it. Pinheads are not the smartest... but I certainly don't mind! Lol!

#1817 2 years ago

Metal coating on the armor.

20211030_230443 (resized).jpg20211030_230443 (resized).jpg
#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Thanks! This is the best pic posted of the armor.

#1819 2 years ago

Some good Gameplay video here

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just telling the truth. The game sucks but glad people are overpaying for it. Pinheads are not the smartest... but I certainly don't mind! Lol!

Everyday LEs and CEs change hand with less than 100 plays on them. A subset of folks think 500 plays on a game is an insane amount. Many spend more time zip-tying and hot-glueing 3D printed plastic jewelry to their pins than playing them. The point being, many want something cool to look at. The rules & game play is not a priority for all.

#1821 2 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

[quoted image]

Huh. When LTG described it as kind of a translucent gunmetal grey, I thought it sounded pretty cool. Now that I'm seeing a close up pic, I'm not really digging it. Looks kind of like grey primer in this picture. Maybe it will look better in person.

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Huh. When LTG described it as kind of a translucent gunmetal grey, I thought it sounded pretty cool. Now that I'm seeing a close up pic, I'm not really digging it. Looks kind of like grey primer in this picture. Maybe it will look better in person.

I don't believe that's the final color. I think they just stuck something on there for the show.

#1823 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I don't believe that's the final color. I think they just stuck something on there for the show.

Correct, from what I understand that is not the final color it is just a demo game.

#1824 2 years ago

I am on the list with my distro… i will know by tuesday … not gonna get much sleep or focus on work… cant wait!! Been waiting for this game for a long time.

#1825 2 years ago

Trying to get an LE.

Sold out everywhere?

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Trying to get an LE.
Sold out everywhere?

At this point most likely, it will be tough to find one. People are saying that there will be some dropping off lists, etc but that wouldn't matter because it would just go down the line to the next person on the list.

#1827 2 years ago

If any of you west coast guys would like to trade your nice MBrLE, MM/MMr or AFMLE for my CCrLE, let me know. I can just walk outside for cowboy country . Looks amazing as usual from CGC. I think one of the others may be more my speed. PM if that sounds interesting.

#1828 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

CC is just not that good of a game. You newbies will find out soon. Plenty of.CC LE will be for sale. Pretty boring game.

Mr. Spinny arms makes all that go away

#1829 2 years ago

HRP TZ or CCrLE ? Decisions decisions

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

HRP TZ or CCrLE ? Decisions decisions

TZ is one I miss a lot,
However
CCrLE FTW easy

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:HRP TZ or CCrLE ? Decisions decisions

Tough call. Have you owned Tz before?

#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Tough call. Have you owned Tz before?

Yep, owned a TZ

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Already have two...

Think You're full of crap! Bet You have none!

If You did have 2 You wouldn't be stupid enough to come on Pinside and announce it.

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Trying to get an LE.
Sold out everywhere?

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

At this point most likely, it will be tough to find one. People are saying that there will be some dropping off lists, etc but that wouldn't matter because it would just go down the line to the next person on the list.

It hasn’t been even three days since the announcement! There have been anecdotal reports here that 3 or 4 of the 48 USA distributors are sold out of their allotment. Some aren’t even sure of what their allotment is yet. Sold out everywhere? No way.

This has become commonplace for every game from every manufacturer at release. People don’t get a limited production edition from the first place they try and assume they’ll never find one or complain they are sold out already. There are ALWAYS people that drop out, especially before final payment is due. Some dealers end up with more games to sell. But you’re not going to find one by posting a want ad on Pinside and hoping a distributor will call you.

I was convinced I missed out early on two LEs of grail themes. Batman 66 was announced in August when I wasn’t playing close attention to the industry. When I learned about it three months later I figured there was no chance of finding 1 in 240 LEs NIB. I got one that December.

I had an Elvira LE locked down and paid for Day 1 then panicked and sold my slot because I was concerned about the playfield issues Stern had been having. I went to Expo a month later, talked to a few people from Stern, felt reassured the worst was over. Not surprisingly, my distributor didn’t have any left and everyone said “LEs are sold out”. I spend an afternoon in my room searching web sites and calling dealers I’d never bothered to find and found five available LEs including one from a relatively new (small) dealer who had one in a trailer in the parking lot. That didn’t work (it would have been an interesting conversation with United at the airport) but I bought one of the others.

The days where you could be on a list a year in advance and be guaranteed a limited edition game are probably over. That’s probably just way too much work these daysfor any distributor to bother with unless you are someone who buys every title (and maybe not even then) because their lists are no longer a handful of people but dozens or hundreds. The FOMO craze has made it worse. Look how PinballStar got vilified yesterday.

If everyone who wanted an LE got one that would defeat the concept of a limited edition. I *hate* that you have to commit non-refundable deposits for games you’ve probably never seen, let alone played. But those determined enough should be able to find an LE, especially in the next few weeks/months.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sold out everywhere? No way.

Really ?! Well I can't find one, so in the event you find one from a distro, please let me know as I'd like to purchase a CCR LE.

#1836 2 years ago

I’d go something new.

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Really ?! Well I can't find one, so in the event you find one from a distro, please let me know as I'd like to purchase a CCR LE.

Did you even read my post?

No disrespect, but no one is going to find one for you, especially if you’ve already given up in a day.

#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No disrespect, but no one is going to find one for you.

Lol! I don’t think he understood the point of your post.

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

They were gone instantaneously.

i was in contact with joe and was told to wait for le email. they were sold out instantlyi guess he didnt have many to sell. its really a good thing as i was thinking of getting out this hobby. it has become way too expensive and i have to focus on my retirement and more on investing.

#1840 2 years ago

Still looking can’t tell you how many calls and messages I left

Feel bad bother so many people but if you want one you do what you gotta do

Does anyone know of the topper will be an option to purchase later on ??

#1841 2 years ago

Love what cgc is doing.
Dont like or think the FOMO tactic with lots of extras for the lucky few is needed.

The games are good enough as is and all should be able to get the best version.

For this game and other cgc´s the topper is almost what makes the game, seems silly to only have a few of them.

#1842 2 years ago

My wife and I played a two player game on almost every modern pin at the phof a few years ago, CC was her favourite and it was in my top 5. It was just really fun to shoot and beautiful to look at. We obviously didn't get too deep so didn't notice the lack of code. Going to see how the Lyman code is implemented before pulling the trigger though...

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No disrespect, but no one is going to find one for you, especially if you’ve already given up in a day.

Yep I read your post, No disrespect taken you are still a cool cat to me @jfh, I haven't given up in one day, that was yesterday, still actively looking for one today & beyond until I find one at MSRP. It's possible someone else is going to find one for me first or have a "connection" IF they want to sell their spot decide not to move forward with their purchase etc. Believe it or not this community some really good people remain, while others have gone aka Who-Dey @kenlayton. Not everyone is on here to make 3k-5k+ on flipping the game on the pinside marketplace or other platforms. Perhaps you've gotten lucky with your past experiences with obtaining a game late at MSRP. The demand is crazy right now, so much so that the factories producing can't keep up. To add to that the FOMO is real. I really don't want to conform to the secondary marketplace "flippers" when all of these start popping up over MSRP I just won't do it. It's too bad that the allotment of the game isn't greater to satisfy those that want it. I totally get it though because at that point it wouldn't be considered a "Limited Edition" Look at this very thread several pages back of many people that clicked Joe's PinballSTAR E-Mail buy-it now link and couldn't grab one, and hopefully those were people that wanted the game for their collection and not to be a flipper. So yeah I'll end this by saying still actively seeking / WTB: Cactus Canyon Limited Edition AT MSRP of $9250.

#1844 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Does anyone know of the topper will be an option to purchase later on ??

Ryan didn’t answer that question during the Q&A session but the general assumption is no.

#1845 2 years ago

this is where Spooky was smart ....
order the game you want and they build it to that spec .... if there is a demand build them !

#1846 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

this is where Spooky was smart ....
order the game you want and they build it to that spec .... if there is a demand build them !

Sort of. There is still an overall limited number of Halloween, UM, and R&M. You could have purchased any trim level you wanted, but you still could have missed getting one. Maybe not so much with HWN and UM, but folks did indeed miss out on R&M.

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Well, even though one misses out of the LE, there's bound to be some "High Noon" -edition after a year or so, just like with MMR:s. And it has some nice extra compared to the LE Which you have to have then

19e062b6d06901567e4427842506315a (resized).jpeg19e062b6d06901567e4427842506315a (resized).jpeg
#1848 2 years ago

Called a few distributors and no one has CC LE. I don’t even see any for sale with markups either which is weird. Every distributor wanted to sell the SE version but I can’t apart with the topper which is one of the main selling points of the game. I might be willing to buy an SE if CGC will sell a topper otherwise I think it’s a no go for me. I think due to the high demand of this game a compromise would be to sell the topper. Distros should put pressure on CGC to make it happen.

#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Called a few distributors and no one has CC LE. I don’t even see any for sale with markups either which is weird. Every distributor wanted to sell the SE version but I can’t apart with the topper which is one of the main selling points of the game. I might be willing to buy an SE if CGC will sell a topper otherwise I think it’s a no go for me. I think due to the high demand of this game a compromise would be to sell the topper. Distros should put pressure on CGC to make it happen.

Yep me too. First time wanting and feeling like an LE is worth it. The topper sells it for sure!

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There are ALWAYS people that drop out, especially before final payment is due. Some dealers end up with more games to sell.

This is how I got my MMRLE. Not a big surprise that some dropped out as they were waiting for something crazy like 5 years. I still had to wait for 6 months.

Quoted from jfh:

I *hate* that you have to commit non-refundable deposits for games you’ve probably never seen, let alone played.

This is why I've only got LE pinballs from CGC remakes. I need to play before I buy. Plus on Sterns machines the Pro, Prem, & LE versions might play different and/or the different art packages makes me to spend more time. I don't buy games to play for a short time and than sell.

Not sure when the LE's will ship but should be a great way to end 2021 or start off 2022 - Lock is lit.. and so am I

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

8,995 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/37?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.