(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 133.
#1751 2 years ago

If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that Pinballstar allocation is either low and/or already spoken for at pre-sale time. I'll have to find another distro to get in with before the next big release.

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

need to pay for a top level developer and at least something to josh

At least something! I'll take it!

That top level developer doesn't get his coffee without me ... Remember that CGC when it comes time to pay me!

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that Pinballstar allocation is either low and/or already spoken for at pre-sale time. I'll have to find another distro to get in with before the next big release.

I would guess already spoken for. Minus maybe 10 set aside for the masses.

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I would guess already spoken for. Minus maybe 10 set aside for the masses.

As many have said in this thread, Joe doesn't hold games back. I've bought games from Joe for years and had to wait in line like everyone else. Didn't get a LE. Was I disappointed enough to eat a Twix, yep. Life goes on and props to Joe for holding off to sell what he had vs. ending up in another GNRCE situation.

CGC should have had this ironed out before the release, distributors should of had their numbers and ordering opened after the release. Lists, FOMO, bribes have pushed this hobby to a terrible place. I miss the days of calling my distributor and saying, "Hey - please sign me up for xxxxx...."

#1755 2 years ago

There needs to simply be a better system. Did you catch Jack's response at Expo when someone asked him about it? If not, check out the Twitch stream.

#1756 2 years ago

CC is just not that good of a game. You newbies will find out soon. Plenty of.CC LE will be for sale. Pretty boring game.

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

CC is just not that good of a game. You newbies will find out soon. Plenty of CCLE will be for sale. Pretty boring game.

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

At least something! I'll take it!
That top level developer doesn't get his coffee without me ... Remember that CGC when it comes time to pay me!

Hehe…. I didn’t want to assume how much you were taking the opportunity as a paying day job that puts food on the table verse a small consultation type gig. I figured eugene still kept you busy enough that you’d have to keep it small

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Any chance we know what the height of the machine will be with the topper?

Nothing official from CGC, but according to LTG 85.5”

[Edit: looks like Lloyd responded again while I was typing]

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

CC is just not that good of a game. You newbies will find out soon. Plenty of.CC LE will be for sale. Pretty boring game.

True of the original….but how could you know that to be true for this version given it’s been updated, plus a new topper mini-game, not to mention the upcoming code update by one of the best coders of all time?

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Disagree. CC got boring primarily because the code was never finished. That’s not the case with CCr and who knows what Lyman/Josh will design.

And the game as some fun shots and design. I’m sure some will sell a few months like every other game because it’s not their cup of tea or needs funds to buy the next game in but most know what they are getting into.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Disagree. CC got boring primarily because the code was never finished. That’s not the case with CCr and who knows what Lyman/Josh will design.
And the game as some fun shots and design. I’m sure some will sell a few months like every other game because it’s not their cup of tea or needs funds to buy the next game in but most know what they are getting into.

Its still CC

Most of the incomplete stuff in the original was trival or cosmetic- not a reason not to walk up and play.

The game is still on the level of scared stiff in terms of complexity and variation.

Watched more than one person play through the entire game this weekend (pro tip for the vendors- disable or limit ebs please). So we saw much of the game.

I am sure the itemized list of tweaks and add ons is significant. But it hasn’t significantly altered the core game experience.

#1763 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Grab an SE and do it up like the guy who blinged his Indy. CC would look amazing.
[quoted image]

This is perhaps the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

#1764 2 years ago

Any chance we know what the height of the machine will be with the topper?

85.5 inches LTG confirmed.

#1765 2 years ago

We will see tons of CC LEs for sale in about 4-6 months. Its a dog of a game compared to today's games. Everyone wants a CCLE. Lol, what a mistake!

#1766 2 years ago

I know this is a cliché by now but there is a serious bubble building up in pinball and it’s going to pop when everyone who visits the hobby decides to get out and all those pins get sold for cheap.
Pinball machines have always held their value pretty well but I think you guys are going to see over the next 10 years this won’t be true. Everything is being mass produced and overbought. Economics 101 the value won’t hold in in the long term. JMHO.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

We will see tons of CC LEs for sale in about 4-6 months. Its a dog of a game compared to today's games. Everyone wants a CCLE. Lol, what a mistake!

Everybody wants every game these days Teek, come on didn’t you know that? Doesn’t matter how good it is

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The game is still on the level of scared stiff in terms of complexity and variation.

Fair enough. But I’m not a great player so even it only rises to that level, that’s OK by me. I’m interested in CCr more for the theme and history and always liked the playfield shots. I have a large enough variety in my collection so every game doesn’t have to be super deep or complex.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Here is an interesting tidbit in timing. SEs ship first.
SEs shipping first in November and onward / LEs starting in January

That's why I ordered an SE. May have it in a couple weeks.

#1770 2 years ago

This is perhaps the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

If even remotely true, you need to spend a Friday or Saturday night in Manhattan with myself and a few friends.

Quoted from teekee:

Honestly, I don’t give a shit. I just want something that looks cool. This will be my first CGC.

#1771 2 years ago

Just hilarious they want a game that's 20 year old... Very crappy game. Ohhh Pinside! A fool and their money are soon parted. That sums up pinball and Pinside!

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just hilarious they want a game that's 20 year old... Very crappy game. Ohhh Pinside! A fool and their money are soon parted. That sums up pinball and Pinside!

Who cares? Why are you being such a jerk about it?

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Gzuz Teekee. Still living in the RGP days man. Times, they are a-changin’.

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Says someone who did quite well flipping old games …

#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I love CGC games and it'll be great to have two codes to play. I have played CC and don't think it's as good as many other B/W greats so I'm holding out for future CGC releases but I think CCr is going to be very fun.

#1776 2 years ago

I based my purchase decision mainly on the fact that CGC delivers a machine that is built like a tank....same goes for AP.

I don't care if it's a 20 year old title. I love my MBr & MMr....as well as my Houdini.

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fair enough. But I’m not a great player so even it only rises to that level, that’s OK by me. I’m interested in CCr more for the theme and history and always liked the playfield shots. I have a large enough variety in my collection so every game doesn’t have to be super deep or complex.

This 100%. I'm personally sick of games that you need a damn PHD to know the rules. Yeah yeah yeah, longevity, last ability etc.... I'm not a competition level player, what good does it do me to have a game that's so deep and so complex that I'll never get to see the end wizard modes? I know, play better, hahaha ha! But seriously, I enjoy games that are deep enough to challenge me, but I also like to be able to see everything the game has to offer. Look at my collection. I have a couple very deep machines, and some pretty simple ones. It's good to mix it up, but I personally don't want another brutally complicated game. So, for C.C. remake, I love the theme, I love the animations and callouts, plus it's just fun. So yeah, this fool and his money were easily parted with an SE. I plan to fully enjoy it.

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This 100%. I'm personally sick of games that you need a damn PHD to know the rules. Yeah yeah yeah, longevity, last ability etc.... I'm not a competition level player, what good does it do me to have a game that's so deep and so complex that I'll never get to see the end wizard modes? I know, play better, hahaha ha! But seriously, I enjoy games that are deep enough to challenge me, but I also like to be able to see everything the game has to offer. Look at my collection. I have a couple very deep machines, and some pretty simple ones. It's good to mix it up, but I personally don't want another brutally complicated game. So, for C.C. remake, I love the theme, I love the animations and callouts, plus it's just fun. So yeah, this fool and his money were easily parted with an SE. I plan to fully enjoy it.

Totally agree. My favorite pins are almost all system 11 titles.

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Honestly when they rolled it in… i was like… i bet they ask 11900…. When they said 9250… i said ‘instant sell out’.

Not because i think its the best thing ever… but because of the forces in the hobby right now and the crazy associations people make… i knew a sub 10k price would create the surge.

Credit to CGC… they’ve not gone hog wild in this sellers market.

The lack of preparation for a reveal that is so far overdue was a bit of a bummer. But the game is the draw, and having multiple complete copies to play is the meat of things and in that they delivered.

I didn’t notice any software issues in our play… tho we did get one ball lost for awhile.

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I do think the feeding frenzy for the LEs with less interest in an SE is kind of funny and almost proves your point - are people interested in the game or the the bling? That said, as a self-proclaimed noob I love the flow of CC, even though it may be a bit shallow by today's standards. It's all a matter of personal preference. Every newer stern I have played has felt like a waste of quarters compared to just about anything else out there. I'll take a CGC remake any day over stern's playfields that feel emptier than Chic-Fil-A on Sunday.

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I do think the feeding frenzy for the LEs with less interest in an SE is kind of funny and almost proves your point - are people interested in the game or the the bling? That said, as a self-proclaimed noob I love the flow of CC, even though it may be a bit shallow by today's standards. It's all a matter of personal preference. Every newer stern I have played has felt like a waste of quarters compared to just about anything else out there. I'll take a CGC remake any day over stern's playfields that feel emptier than Chic-Fil-A on Sunday.

+1

#1782 2 years ago

Played 5 or 6 games at expo. Loved it! Have an SE on order.

#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

Who cares? Why are you being such a jerk about it?

He had a bad experience with a horse …

#1784 2 years ago

Is the powder coat on the LE just plain black? I can't tell from the pics I've seen.

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Is the powder coat on the LE just plain black? I can't tell from the pics I've seen.

From post 1499 by Doug_Duba

The trim on the LE is a matt translucent black powder coat with an opacity of 80% applied over the bare metal. Because it is a translucent, the underlying metal affects the perceived color of the part and gives the finish some depth as a very small amount of the metal’s texture is visible. It looks and feels more like metal than the typical powder coat we are accustomed to seeing. It reads a little bronzy in pictures but it appears dark gray in person. I guess we’ll call it Gun Metal Gray. I’ll try to post a better picture tomorrow.

LTG : )

#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from white1ce:

Why are you being such a jerk about it?

Probably upset he never learned to adjust the magic token tube switches on his Safecracker so many years ago.

#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From post 1499 by Doug_Duba
The trim on the LE is a matt translucent black powder coat with an opacity of 80% applied over the bare metal. Because it is a translucent, the underlying metal affects the perceived color of the part and gives the finish some depth as a very small amount of the metal’s texture is visible. It looks and feels more like metal than the typical powder coat we are accustomed to seeing. It reads a little bronzy in pictures but it appears dark gray in person. I guess we’ll call it Gun Metal Gray. I’ll try to post a better picture tomorrow.

Gotcha, gun metal grey seems appropriate for the title

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Funny thing teekee most of the guys posting who are pissed at missing out are long time Pinsiders.

TBH it's Lyman that's created the FOMO for me. If I dont get an LE i'll just sit it out and order an SE when his update is released (assuming it's a game changer).

#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As an owner of the CC and CCC for a while, I can say the regular software feels a little bit too short to keep the interest. The GMM is great and it’s way too easy to start and happen way to often. The dual is cool but it’s stop the game flow and rythme. The final was disappointing.
It was a bit too shallow for me and I think the code was not that unfinished after thoughts.. It could be compare to other game like SS in modes, yes.

I think that, for a new code, a lot of things should be changed. CCC was great and had a lot of good ideas, so hopefully some will come back with the new software.
Last, the layout is not the best and the drop targets in the middle of the PF can SDTM and frustates at times.
The art on the other side is fantastic.
So pro and cons on this one, but unlike MM, MB and AFM, this one might disappoint some IMO after a while. My 2 cents.

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It is a relatively modern Western themed pin, which I've always been interested in. Has some neat toys and fun shots. Maybe it shoots a bit easy, but that works for me and my collection. Wasn't really interested initially though because of the shallow code.

Then came the Lyman/Josh announcement. Admittedly it is a bit of a risk, don't know how the code is going to end up, but I can't really see Lyman or Josh happy with releasing a piece of crap. I just hope the pricing is reasonable...

Quoted from kapaun:

I do think the feeding frenzy for the LEs with less interest in an SE is kind of funny and almost proves your point - are people interested in the game or the the bling?

Can't it be both? The bling is pretty sweet.

#1791 2 years ago

Yeah, Teekee just does not get it.
I'm happy to be amidst people here, who know and appreciate the three cornerstones of every great pinball game: Looks, Price and Scarcity

#1792 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

the layout is not the best and the drop targets in the middle can SDTM and frustates at times.
… unlike MM, MB and AFM, this one might disappoint some IMO.

I happen to *love* the drop targets, one of the favorite features for me.

I agree with you 100% that some will likely be disappointed if they compare the game to MM or AFM. I’ve played CC enough to not be going in blind with unrealistic expectations.

I’ll play the original software occasionally just for fun but admit that if only the original software was included I probably would not have been in on CCr.

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I'll take a CGC remake any day over stern's playfields that feel emptier than Chic-Fil-A on Sunday.

Shout out to Ed Robertson from BNL where his lyrics are “If I had a million dollars …. Wouldn’t hafta eat Kraft dinner, but we would!”

I feel this way about Chick-Fil-A… mmm that peanut oil dipped chicken mmmm mmm good.

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Most people here probably never had a chance to play the original, so aside from playing it as a video game remake (Pinball FX, etc) it might as well be a brand new pin. And honestly, having played it a few times I can say I like the fact it has easy shots and tougher shots (I never could finish the train-track damsel mode!!).

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I happen to *love* the drop targets, one of the favorite features for ne.
I agree with you 100% that some will likely be disappointed if they compare the game to MM or AFM. I’ve played CC enough to not be going in blind with unrealistic expectations.
I’ll play the original software occasionally just for fun but admit that if only the original software was included I probably would not have been in on CCr.

I agree, the drop target were fun. One thing to know with the CC is that the drop targets are fragile and they were hitting the playfield on the back due to the strong hit it take. A cliffy could be a good idea to keep a good perfect playfield. Some CC got some wood removed because of the collision after a while.

#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

TBH it's Lyman that's created the FOMO for me. If I dont get an LE i'll just sit it out and order an SE when his update is released (assuming it's a game changer).

I bought Batman and Elvira LEs when they were bare bones with only the expectation Lyman would make them great and was rewarded with awesome code on both. I’m positive that the announcement of Lyman/Josh working on this game pushed many in from the sidelines - it was certainly a big factor for me. Don’t understand FOMO though since the code upgrade is supposed to be available for both models.

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:Don’t understand FOMO though since the code upgrade is supposed to be available for both models.

I mean my interest in the LE is purely because of him. If it ends up being as great as he has proven he's capable of, I'll want the best version of the game because liekly it will be here for a while. But if I miss out, no loss - ill just wait until the code package is done an order an SE then. If he wasnt involved I wouldnt buy either.

#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I mean my interest in the LE is purely because of him. If it ends up being as great as he has proven he's capable of, I'll want the best version of the game because liekly it will be here for a while. But if I miss out, no loss - ill just wait until the code package is done an order an SE then. If he wasnt involved I wouldnt buy either.

I wonder how long until The SE sells out?

#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I wonder how long until The SE sells out?

They dont limit them if demand is there, but the SE runs have been unpredictable in the past. They're still talking about doing another run of MM's into 2022/23. So youll still be able to get one, just how long do you want to wait i guess.

#1800 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Why no classic edition? Not everyone wants all the bling. Weak!!

I agree I'm bummed they are not offering a basic game. I really love my Monster Bash classic.

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
6,800 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/36?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.