(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 133.
#1601 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Or they just sold out quickly like Game Exchange on Friday.

Game exchange was up for a while, but they didn’t announce it in advance like this. I am sure hundreds were going for them all at once.

#1602 2 years ago

Like every other industry right now, it’s becoming one giant cash grab.
The idea that so many sell out instantly is a sign that there’s people buying multiple games and are flipping them.
The shear idea that every limited run pinball sells out no matter what the quantity or the price is crazy.
The hobby has changed almost overnight (1-2 years).

#1603 2 years ago

Pinballstar and GEX usually have a fair allocation in general of games.
1250 is a decent amount.
How about pinballs.com?

Anyway, wonder how these things got spread around. Hope you find a game.

#1604 2 years ago

My email came in at 1159. I immediately opened. And immediately told sold out. Refreshed. Cleared cache. Etc for the next 15 minutes and the message never changed

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:The FOMO is driving the flipper market. Beyond frustrating for those of us that have been waiting for years for this specific title.

You could always just buy the version without the topper and play the same game. Probably get it sooner too and save $1200.

The main reason everybody wants the LE is it will hold value and of course probably go up in value. Heck, I had a click for fun, it’s a safe bet!

But it’s not like people don’t have options here.

Let’s face it, the new wave of uber cashed up collectors have invaded the hobby and they are here to stay. They need all the bling and all the toppers and are happy to overpay for them.

I say let ‘em have them. The rest of us plebes can enjoy the pro / classic / standard / premium aka whatever unlimited versions we have to choose from and I guarantee we’ll have a lot more fun not worrying about this shit and actually playing them!

#1606 2 years ago

I decided I wasn't going to order through Joe because I'm supposed to have a spot elsewhere but I wanted to see if was even possible. Wondering if there was a glitch on PayPal's end with the quantity because I clicked on the 1k deposit within 1 second of getting the email and the PayPal page said "Sold Out". I was already logged into PayPal also. Crazy times! I'm not in panic mode yet because I'm on the "list" elsewhere but I don't feel secure until the down payment is paid through the distro. I was assured my spot was secured.

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

My email came in at 1159. I immediately opened. And immediately told sold out. Refreshed. Cleared cache. Etc for the next 15 minutes and the message never changed

Same here. Immediately sold out. No chance.

#1608 2 years ago

Manufactures need to sell directly to consumers on their order page. At least I know POS distributors and pre order lists won’t matter.

#1609 2 years ago

Problem is there are people buying LE of any game just to resell for a profit. Chicago gaming should have produced a higher number of LEs in light of this. Also no games or spots should have been sold until today.

#1610 2 years ago

It is a good tactic by a distributor to be fair and let it be a free for all at noon, but only sell 25% of allocation

#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

He said some were sold before but didn't know the allocation yet. Then he probably put another few out there once he knew the allocation so it likely was just a handful more.

Likely most were presold and not some. Never gonna be confirmed but he has to take care of his long time buyers and people who get every LE. The hobby is all about who you know now. They make a few available to the public but I highly doubt it was many. Joe is a good guy and that is just how business works in this hobby now.

#1612 2 years ago

There’s more LE’s of these than Godzilla, I feel like there’s gonna be enough out there where if everyone who wants one can get one. Maybe max 1-2k flipper fee. If after all is said and done and I don’t have one I think I would go 1k max over on msrp, if not there’s always the next super sexy limited machine coming. (I say I would go over msrp because i feel these should’ve been priced at $10,250 with that topper)

#1613 2 years ago

Curious what this game is going to command for on the secondary. Sitting here not wanting to order a special edition. If I'm going to buy this I want all of it.. Kind of a shitty deal.

#1614 2 years ago

Did anyone get one from pinballstar? 10 seconds after email was told sold out

#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Problem is there are people buying LE of any game just to resell for a profit. Chicago gaming should have produced a higher number of LEs in light of this. Also no games or spots should have been sold until today.

There is an argument both ways of course because a smaller number of LEs means they are more rare and have a higher chance of going up in value as a result. So people want a more reasonable run of LEs so their LE feels more limited. But... I tend to agree with you now, just make 2K or 3K of them and give everyone a chance at one. I, for one, am not as concerned about rarity or collectability or whether I can flip it for a big markup. I've just been wanting the LE of this game since it was rumored to be coming.

#1616 2 years ago

gone super fast! Like everybody else, I was pounding at the keyboard forever...clicked on it as soon as the link appeared in the email.

bummer

#1617 2 years ago

The BOTS have taken over pinball!!!!

#1618 2 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

Like every other industry right now, it’s becoming one giant cash grab.
The idea that so many sell out instantly is a sign that there’s people buying multiple games and are flipping them.

Doesn’t PPS review orders to prevent this? Or is that not done any more?

I emailed PPS to be taken off the LE list immediately after I got my order confirmation.

I’m sure there are flippers on this (like every other title) but all of the manufacturers need to step up and implement controls so nobody can buy multiple limited number editions (at least in the first 30 or 60 days).

#1619 2 years ago

Other than the topper and side blades whats the difference between LE and SE

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Other than the topper and side blades whats the difference between LE and SE

Resale value

#1621 2 years ago

9,250 for an LE is cheap these days

#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doesn’t PPS review orders to prevent this? Or is that not done any more?
I emailed PPS to be taken off the LE list immediately after I got my order confirmation.
I’m sure there are flippers on this (like every other title) but all of the manufacturers need to step up and implement controls so nobody can buy multiple limited number editions (at least in the first 30 or 60 days).

Did you end up getting one through Joe from the email sent at noon?

#1623 2 years ago

I missed
Out with Joe and got my email 11:59

:-/

Oh well

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

The BOTS have taken over pinball!!!!

That's what I'm wondering also, I clicked on it one second after the email hit my inbox and it was sold out. Also think about the time it takes to send out all the emails, even with automated systems doing it automatically there is a delay.

#1625 2 years ago

I think we can all agree though Joe is a good guy and he did his best.

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Did you end up getting one through Joe from the email sent at noon?

No, I already had a deposit in with Game Exchange already. Joe and PPS were backup plan if JJ was out.

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

You could always just buy the version without the topper and play the same game. Probably get it sooner too and save $1200.
The main reason everybody wants the LE is it will hold value and of course probably go up in value. Heck, I had a click for fun, it’s a safe bet!
But it’s not like people don’t have options here.
Let’s face it, the new wave of uber cashed up collectors have invaded the hobby and they are here to stay. They need all the bling and all the toppers and are happy to overpay for them.
I say let ‘em have them. The rest of us plebes can enjoy the pro / classic / standard / premium aka whatever unlimited versions we have to choose from and I guarantee we’ll have a lot more fun not worrying about this shit and actually playing them!

Fair point - but it's not the same game experience. Will be 15k+ shortly; kind of like GNRCE last year at this time.

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It was bullshit, number 9250 sold?

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

I had the ability to check out and within 10 seconds hit the button and it was sold out. Couldn't have been more then a few for sale?

More likely it was a data grab for active email customers so then can bring integrity to their mass distribution lists.

#1630 2 years ago

Price 9250/1000 deposit

#1631 2 years ago

Yeah not knocking Joe. He did the best he could to give everyone a chance. I figured he’d have at least 20 to sell? Nothing to base that on but figured the handful of people using bots still gave me a chance.

#1632 2 years ago

Its such bullshit if they are letting people buy multiple Le games from different distributors.

Lets hope CGC puts a stop to this.

Or just make one Le game for the masses to buy . Most people want all the extras in a game.

#1633 2 years ago

Or just make the LE 15K lmao

#1634 2 years ago

I agree, it is a good tactic to let your email distribution list get a chance for a few machines.
What did you do today? Sat around until noon to find out the machine sold out at 11:58. Gotta laugh at that!

#1635 2 years ago

I read the email and saw the difference other that lower gunslinger lowe arch. I can't figure out what that is

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:Or just make the LE 15K lmao

They would still all sell out.

#1637 2 years ago

Guys...

Yes sold out immediately...

We literally had over 500 emails the last 2/3 days about CCR LE... when I tell you I sat at my desk for 7 hours Friday, 13 hours yesterday, and another 5 this morning I am not lying... answering emails, questions, etc... The demand was THAT strong. I think the fact other distributors sold games before we got our allocations last night led everyone to me because I held off putting them for sale until I knew how many we had to offer publicly. I did not want to oversell so wasn't taking any chances. Did that once with GNR CE and not re-living that nightmare again.

#1 - Here is the reality i've been saying for years - the HOBBY IS EXPLODING. Period / end of story. There are too many people wanting too few games. The companies can't keep up - even Stern the 300 pound gorilla is backed up I heard 1000's of games and months and months and other companies the same to a lesser extent. We can't even do shows because we don't even have games ourselves to bring for the most part.

#2 - The companies are (I believe) fearful of making adequate amounts of 'limited' games because they get the shit beat out of them when they do. Look at AP raising LOV from 300 to 500 and the heat they just took. I had about 5-10 people cancel over it - we'll resell them but that is the mindset. Like it makes a difference in your own enjoyment if there are 299 or 499 other ones out there ? I don't get it. Look at JJP with different WOZ and Hobbit models to satisfy demand - they got creamed. Look at Stern raising whatever game they did from originally announced numbers, they got beat up. If the community continues to beat up companies on this then they will cave any only make so many of each then this is the result. My advice - let the companies run their businesses how they see fit and maybe they'll produce what the community wants to buy.

Perfect storm of too many buyers, production not able to keep up with demand, and companies worried about public perception when they decide how many LEs to make. And that's not even bringing Covid into the equation.

That's my insight, right or wrong. I'm sorry for those who didn't get what they wanted. We hate disappointing anyone. But we have no control over how many games they make. We do our best with what we have to offer...

Peace and love, peace and love...

Joe
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#1638 2 years ago

Tried to explain to the wife why I was disappointed after spending $8k on an SE.

Hearing my grown self complaining that it won’t have the topper sounded silly.

Looking forward to my first NIB

#1639 2 years ago

What do people think about making LEs time based rather than number based? So if you want an LE you have to order and pay in the first 48hrs or whatever. It seems to have worked well in reducing flipping for other industries with LE products. I guess some people wont be happy that their limited edition is 1/3000 for some games but it would help with the flipping. Or still have different tiers but just don't have limits at all?

#1640 2 years ago

How about a NO Transfer policy.

Game must ship to Original Buyer

#1641 2 years ago

rvboarder they do have that for the LE

#1642 2 years ago

They do.

#1643 2 years ago

And limit of 1 per buyer

Like toilet paper at Costco

#1644 2 years ago

Now for those that missed out.....go get a Halloween spot since many are available.

#1645 2 years ago

You know how long it took to sell out all the LE models of Monster Bash and AFM? Years.

#1646 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Tried to explain to the wife why I was disappointed after spending $8k on an SE.
Hearing my grown self complaining that it won’t have the topper or train sounded silly.
Looking forward to my first NIB

No moving train on the SE??

#1647 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

No moving train on the SE??

Moves. LE just has tracks under ramp.

#1648 2 years ago

I got an LE through PinballStar! I never clicked a PayPal button so quick.

#1649 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

#2 - The companies are (I believe) fearful of making adequate amounts of 'limited' games because they get the shit beat out of them when they do. Look at AP raising LOV from 300 to 500 and the heat they just took. I had about 5-10 people cancel over it - we'll resell them but that is the mindset. Like it makes a difference in your own enjoyment if there are 299 or 499 other ones out there ? I don't get it. Look at JJP with different WOZ and Hobbit models to satisfy demand - they got creamed. Look at Stern raising whatever game they did from originally announced numbers, they got beat up. If the community continues to beat up companies on this then they will cave any only make so many of each then this is the result. My advice - let the companies run their businesses how they see fit and maybe they'll produce what the community wants to buy.

LOV is unique in nobody wanted that game the limited availability was one of the selling points. And enough with if we continue to "beat them up" they will cave and only make so many of each going forward because that is a bunch of bullshit. Stern had no problem selling LE's of Mando and Godzilla and JJP had no problem selling GnR CE's. Most were sold out before they even launched or minutes after. So as much as I would like to believe your comments about the community effecting manufactures business model it's a bunch of bull shit.

The community clearly want's more LE's or at least a fair shot at getting them and that is never going to happen when most are already presold. I know you and JJ threw a few up for sale online and the community appreciates that but I imagine most were already presold. Stern literally just shit on EHOH SLE owners by making the 40th anniversary and I highly doubt they will have any issues selling their next LE in minutes or JJP when Toy Story/Matrix comes out.

#1650 2 years ago

Does PPS have any LEs left? I’ve sent Sara a couple emails as I got AFM and MB from her but haven’t heard back. I am sure she is overwhelmed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 210.00
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.