(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 133.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I bet they do end up selling the topper, sounds like they are leaning that way.

I wouldn't say they were leaning that way at all. Watching that presentation it seemed there was more he wasn't sure on or didn't know than anything else.

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

The trim on the LE is a matt translucent black powder coat with an opacity of 80% applied over the bare metal. Because it is a translucent, the underlying metal affects the perceived color of the part and gives the finish some depth as a very small amount of the metal’s texture is visible. It looks and feels more like metal than the typical powder coat we are accustomed to seeing. It reads a little bronzy in pictures but it appears dark gray in person. I guess we’ll call it Gun Metal Gray. I’ll try to post a better picture tomorrow.

Sounds awesome....thank u for letting us know what exactly is on the le..game looks great..

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

The trim on the LE is a matt translucent black powder coat with an opacity of 80% applied over the bare metal. I guess we’ll call it Gun Metal Gray.

Nailed it, and I called it. Looks great and unique in a lineup. Great choice and looking forward to the pictures

#1504 2 years ago

I just want to say one thing:

As someone who was part of a team revealing a game at Expo, and picking up the mic and talking to the room ... it's honestly really easy to backseat drive, and so much harder in the moment to actually be prepared like people want.

I know, you think it should be simple, with weeks of preparation and everything planned and smooth. It rarely is anything remotely like that. There's a thousand things going on that you're not aware of, making every step stupider and harder than it should be. And even your best laid plans get screwed up in some way you didn't see coming.

Be a little more kind to those who seem like they're winging it. They might have been, and it might be for pretty good reason. The quality of the games is a lot more important that the speech in a hotel ballroom.

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Just paid for a Godzilla le, Elvira 40th and now ccr le so I’m glad I have an understanding wife. Lol

Never a problem as long as your wallet is deep enough. Just get her something equal in value each time you buy a pin, you’ll never hear a blip from her.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Just paid for a Godzilla le, Elvira 40th and now ccr le so I’m glad I have an understanding wife. Lol

Damn, when I'm older I hope I have money like you. Lol! How much did that Elvira cost you? I heard the distributors were allowed to charge whatever they wanted and it was going for over $25,000 on up.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

The trim on the LE is a matt translucent black powder coat with an opacity of 80% applied over the bare metal. Because it is a translucent, the underlying metal affects the perceived color of the part and gives the finish some depth as a very small amount of the metal’s texture is visible. It looks and feels more like metal than the typical powder coat we are accustomed to seeing. It reads a little bronzy in pictures but it appears dark gray in person. I guess we’ll call it Gun Metal Gray. I’ll try to post a better picture tomorrow.

The game really does look fantastic.

#1508 2 years ago

Man I just can’t stop thinking about what kind of magic Lyman can do with this game, it’s gunna be special!

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Damn, when I'm older I hope I have money like you. Lol! How much did that Elvira cost you? I heard the distributors were allowed to charge whatever they wanted and it was going for over $25,000 on up.

Yeah $25k is cheapest I could find. Wife likes her vacations every few months so that keeps her happy and likes pinball so it’s perfect.

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I have all 3 remakes. That’s my entire collection.
I love the look of the CCR.
I wish I knew what remakes were coming next as I have only room for about 5-6 pins total.
I have never played CC but my gut tells me I would love it!!![quoted image]

Just buy it. You can always sell it later.

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I’m 38 not that old. Just work hard to built a successful company. I normally work 12 hrs plus a day and don’t leave the house for weeks so I go down and play pins to relax.

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Le/se comparison list says black trim so guess the silver was prototype or something. Both look great and be nice to have options but I'd be happy with eaither. I may put my one remaining mike chesnutt chrome package on if I can get a le .... as chrome looks great on cc.

Yeah if the LE is coming with just a black trim I will be putting on a full chrome set. It would look so good!!!

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah if the LE is coming with just a black trim I will be putting on a full chrome set. It would look so good!!!

This has been awnsered and it's a mat black 80% translucent .... almost gun metal looking.... so I'm betting its gonna look great with the apron and everything else. Chrome wld still look super nice too.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I’m available for adoption

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I’m available for adoption

Yea no shit lol... crazy

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea no shit lol... crazy

Fun fact:

I was playing around in the settings and You can actually ignore yourself
5E223457-5394-4F54-BE65-F22B68E8C2DD (resized).png5E223457-5394-4F54-BE65-F22B68E8C2DD (resized).png

#1517 2 years ago

Played it at expo and its solid, fun,and won't disappoint.It plays like a bally and doesn't feel light like the new sterns.Godzilla is also awesome and the premium or le is definitely worth the extra cost.Speaking of cost the topper on CC is awesome and a must have if you can grab a le.
With Josh and Lyman teaming up on code, it's a win win and will be fun seeing how it turns out.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Man I just can’t stop thinking about what kind of magic Lyman can do with this game, it’s gunna be special!

Oddly I was thinking something similar at Expo. The Magic of Lyman came from all directions in a feeding (buying frenzie). His departure of Stern lit the fuse on a EHOH40 to net close to 5 million in sales and the Lyman association to CC more then lit that rocket for many. Shows what his presence and talent can do for a company and those that follow his talent.

#1519 2 years ago

Yeah I have Mr. Chestnut’s chrome on my TZ. Had it done shortly before he passed. Makes me nostalgic every time I play it. But Chris is doing great filling the void.

#1520 2 years ago

Fun fact:
[quoted image]

Well. Explains why I can’t proof read my comments. And here I thought I liked myself.

#1521 2 years ago

Fun fact:
[quoted image]

Lol

#1522 2 years ago

Does anyone know what the topper is capable of doing other then the arms moving on the gunfighter? On some close up images it looks like there are figures in the windows of the buildings. Might these be part of some special game modes?

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from Portkey:

Does anyone know what the topper is capable of doing other then the arms moving on the gunfighter? On some close up images it looks like there are figures in the windows of the buildings. Might these be part of some special game modes?

The figure arms move and body...also there is a new shootout game which is y the windows with figures light up on the topper.... super cool

#1524 2 years ago

LE buyers will be happy with this one.

The extra features are super nice.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The figure arms move and body...also there is a new shootout game which is y the windows with figures light up on the topper.... super cool

Shoot the bad guys, don't shoot the good guys.

LTG : )

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shoot the bad guys, don't shoot the good guys.
LTG : )

For sure

#1527 2 years ago

The sculpts are newly made, but are the other parts original sized ? Could I buy a CCr plastic set as spare for my original CC ?

#1528 2 years ago

Looks like the topper for this one is working better than Stern’s R2D2…

What? Too soon?

#1529 2 years ago

Does CC have midnight madness ?

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Does CC have midnight madness ?

Unfortunately no
Midnight Madness appears to be exclusive to Dwight.
https://www.flippers.be/basics/101_midnight_madness.html
Perhaps Lyman and Josh could come up with something special to rival Midnight Madness?

To see a pinball machine wake up and do its own thing is totally awesome.
I had divine intervention on a fish tales about a year ago. Was a crazy thing and so awesome
If you can get through my slurring in the video good for a laugh.
Now the most important question is.........

How the fuck did Midnight Madness occur on a fishies ?

Gold star to whoever knows the answer.

So excuse the drunken twaffle for the first 3 minutes, but check it out at 3.25
Fishies gets crazy
I did find the fault by fluke when sober the following day.
Can you guess what it was ?

Back on track
A radical Madness type mode for CCr would be very welcome

Make it happen please Lyman and Josh.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Portkey:

There are characters in each window and if you look closely in the pic I took, you can see a skull and crossbones outline in each window. I assume the skull and crossbones lights when the character is defeated.

2D5D1B16-3ACA-496B-BD1D-A174DFE232E6 (resized).jpeg2D5D1B16-3ACA-496B-BD1D-A174DFE232E6 (resized).jpeg

#1532 2 years ago

Missed out on LE but ordered an SE. hoping can add some of the extras later especially topper. Have never played cactus canyon much except on a Vpin, looking forward to the complete code and of course lyman version

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There are characters in each window and if you look closely in the pic I took, you can see a skull and crossbones outline in each window. I assume the skull and crossbones lights when the character is defeated.

Did anyone get the mode to play the topper mini game? Apparently you need to hit the beer mug 10 times and then shoot it in the saloon.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Missed out on LE but ordered an SE. hoping can add some of the extras later especially topper. Have never played cactus canyon much except on a Vpin, looking forward to the complete code and of course lyman version

Missed out? Still lots distros going to be selling soon? Joe pinballstar starts at 12 today.....many others will go on this week also

#1535 2 years ago

So many options for code enhancements on this game. A “High Noon” midnight madness type mode would be a perfect fit, especially for those of us that can’t stay up to midnight any more.

And I really want to see the nods to the other Williams games of that era like in CCC and drunk multiball. Cactus Canyon Continued was brilliant and was a significant factor in keeping Cactus Canyon relevant for so many years. CGC/PPS/SG - make it happen!

#1536 2 years ago

Anyone know if the LE comes with Invisi-glass?

#1537 2 years ago

Nope it does not

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

How'd you miss out already? I think pre-order money is starting today for places like PinballSTAR.

#1539 2 years ago

When will the LEs begin to ship?

#1540 2 years ago

Since they are releasing the LE, does this mean a "Royal" or other edition will come later? I know there was an MMr LE and a Royal.

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

When will the LEs begin to ship?

6 - 12 weeks

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Since they are releasing the LE, does this mean a "Royal" or other edition will come later? I know there was an MMr LE and a Royal.

That was only for mm..

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:Since they are releasing the LE, does this mean a "Royal" or other edition will come later? I know there was an MMr LE and a Royal.

Unlikely. Neither MBr nor AFMr have had a Royal. I think MMr was the exception because the original release had no topper nor widescreen. The Royal was released at the same time as the topper and widescreen and really just but bought MMr up to the same standard as Afmr LE and MBr LE.

But who knows…..these days anything’s possible.

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oddly I was thinking something similar at Expo. The Magic of Lyman came from all directions in a feeding (buying frenzie). His departure of Stern lit the fuse on a EHOH40 to net close to 5 million in sales and the Lyman association to CC more then lit that rocket for many. Shows what his presence and talent can do for a company and those that follow his talent.

If Lyman, and Elwin too for that matter, don’t understand their worth to their employers then they ought to get themselves an agent and get paid properly!

In a meritocracy, after all Stern is raining money right now, I hope Elwin is using his leverage to grab some of that $$$ he deserves.

Hoping Lyman did that with CGC.

The Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan of pinball!

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Unlikely. Neither MBr nor AFMr have had a Royal. I think MMr was the exception because the original release had no topper nor widescreen. The Royal was released at the same time as the topper and widescreen and really just but bought MMr up to the same standard as Afmr LE and MBr LE.
But who knows…..these days anything’s possible.

This I agree is the reason. MMr came with none of the enhancements. The LE was just a straight remake w/ color dmd. So a Royal made sense, along with the kits.

WHile I LOVE the cgc toppers and want one for my MBr SE, it would be nice if the "LE" toppers were exclusive and a different topper were available for the non LE's. Like interactive vs non interactive.

#1546 2 years ago

There leaving a ton of money on the table if they don’t sell it separately. Are they really going to sell less LEs if people can buy the topper? It sells out either way. The LE still has some unique features like the apron, powder coat and art blades. Selling the topper separately has no impact on stern.

#1547 2 years ago

Bionic bart mode…

The topper mode is a bit confusing to understand. We played it a few times and was not clear what we were doing.

bjsilverballs did play through high noon

760ED405-645A-4964-A9F3-22FF28874DC3 (resized).jpeg760ED405-645A-4964-A9F3-22FF28874DC3 (resized).jpeg
#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

There leaving a ton of money on the table if they don’t sell it separately. Are they really going to sell less LEs if people can buy the topper? It sells out either way. The LE still has some unique features like the apron, powder coat and art blades. Selling the topper separately has no impact on stern.

Strongly disagree.

It’s the key feature of the LE and should remain that way.

Stern didn’t sell the Batman 66 LE topper for Premiums even though they could have easily sold a thousand or more to Premium owners. JJP didn’t sell the POTC CE topper separately either.

Another topper design for the SE? Sure.

#1549 2 years ago

What are the big differences between the “expanded” code and the classic code?

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Lyman, and Elwin too for that matter, don’t understand their worth to their employers then they ought to get themselves an agent and get paid properly!
In a meritocracy, after all Stern is raining money right now, I hope Elwin is using his leverage to grab some of that $$$ he deserves.
Hoping Lyman did that with CGC.
The Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan of pinball!

Seeing as there is only one pinball company in the world capable of getting more than one new game out a year I’m not sure how much leverage these guys really have. If I was Elwin I’d be pretty happy about being able to design pinball machines for a living.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.