(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 133.
#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They did work out a deal with me; but how much of what I did they choose to use isn’t up to me.

:-O

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Exactly. He could’ve gone up and said “It’s Cactus Canyon. You already knew this”, farted into the mic, walked away, and still all LE’s would be sold out this weekend.

Hilariously true!

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Funny to keep reading all the criticisms of the presentation. Just my opinion but who gives a shit, seriously, who gives a shit? We ALL know what we are looking at and we will all have a chance to see hi def pics and vids of it soon, if not the same day as the “horrible presentation”. Everyone is acting like they buy games based solely on the roll out presentation? Zach’s video of it shows everything you need to see and it was viewable immediately as well as the feature/comparison sheet on the sight which gives buyers all the details and price. It’s like the game is awesome so what can we complain about? Oh, the presentation was bad so let’s focus on that! Who cares, buy the game or don’t buy it based on the game itself and not how Ryan was dressed or how much energy he had when talking about the damn thing.

Presentation was lackluster.

Pin looks amazing.

I’m still buying an LE.

Pin sold itself.

That is all.

#1404 2 years ago

PPS said their LE list was a guaranteed buy, so that sounds like they get first dibs on the LE allocations or they will end up with the bulk of them.

Glad joined the list early on.

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Got on cointaker list back in July for LE but their email sent an hour ago says LEs are sold out. I’ve emailed Sara and Joe at pinball star, but anyone have any leads I’d appreciate it. I figure if I’m not on any other lists by now I might be out of luck but worth a shot.

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They did work out a deal with me; but how much of what I did they choose to use isn’t up to me.

WOW! This is new news. Very cool. I hope they used a lot.

I heard from my dealer that I am in on an LE! Man am I excited

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I've "gotten on their list" for LE/CE level games within minutes of an announcement only to be told sold out. I've placed advanced orders for toppers and accessories prior to Stern releasing them only to be forgotten. We have since moved on. All in, they have lost out on nearly $80,000 in sales. Thankfully, we have a reliable distributor locally for Stern, Pinball Star for others (spooky) and planetary pinball for this title.

Yep I’m starting to realize that. I put my machines on location at my restaurant and have bought Lebowski + 2 other games from them. I figured being a good customer would at least warrant responses to my emails (not just about CCr). I don’t have a local distributor - I’m in a bit of a pinball desert, so relationship with distributor is important to me.

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone know if CGC has updated how u install / update code on this game?

Same as three previous games. Micro SD card stuck into slot on board in the head.

LTG : )

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Has anyone seen dimensions yet? I need to make some ceiling modifications to fit the topper. Hi eggy with topper is what I need

75 1/2 inches from floor to top of back box ( depending on where your rear levelers are set ) add another 10 inches like their other toppers.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess the le trim will b different than the one revealed as it says it's just a basic black and not what was shown .....or maybe a possible option like afmr? Wonder if u can just get the stainless ? Hope some better details get released

I was hoping they would have done a polished chrome trim for the LE. I think that would have looked really nice.

#1411 2 years ago

what are u guys being charged for shipping on NIB pins?

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I was hoping they would have done a polished chrome trim for the LE. I think that would have looked really nice.

Yes that wld be very nice.. I believe I still have a mike chesnutt wpc chrome set somewhere... if I can get a le I may use it on that..

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Same as three previous games. Micro SD card stuck into slot on board in the head.

Thanks....so you'll have to manually switch between code versions?

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Depends on location of manufacturer and your location... anywhere from 300-650 it seems ..

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks....so you'll have to manually switch between code versions?

I doubt that.. probably in the settings as all that has been overhauled also

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I doubt that.. probably in the settings as all that has been overhauled also

Thats what I would assume, but it would be nice to have that confirmed! maybe all versions are on the one card? If Lyman is doing code I assume he'll probably have several versions (over time) that will require uploading to the game, which would require downloading versions from CGC and uploading to the game. I may be wrong, but I don't think CGC has ever done this before?

#1417 2 years ago

I'm really hoping I can get the LE sidewall art aftermarket for the SE (or find an LE lol)

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats what I would assume, but it would be nice to have that confirmed! maybe all versions are on the one card? If Lyman is doing code I assume he'll probably have several versions (over time) that will require uploading to the game, which would require downloading versions from CGC and uploading to the game. I may be wrong, but I don't think CGC has ever done this before?

Not sure ..still so many questions as they really didn't say much about anything unfortunately

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Presentation was lackluster.
Pin looks amazing.
I’m still buying an LE.
Pin sold itself.
That is all.

Cant argue that!

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I'm really hoping I can get the LE sidewall art aftermarket for the SE (or find an LE lol)

Imagine Brian Allen is already licking his chops.
Several nice options out there for the other remakes.

#1421 2 years ago

Hey LTG when are you thinking you will get your game?

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Imagine Brian Allen is already licking his chops.

I would love to see what he comes up for as far as the translite goes. I have his MM one and LOVE it.

#1423 2 years ago

I wish they would have gotten rid of the wires behind the train across the Playfield....I know this is what makes the train move....but it would have been cool if they found a better way for the train to move.....but I'm totally in on an LE.

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Game Exchange is $350 for CCr. Haven’t bought NIB in a couple years, but seems reasonable.

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Hey LTG when are you thinking you will get your game?

No date yet. Soon I hope so I can go over it inside and out, for any tech support that comes up.

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess the le trim will b different than the one revealed as it says it's just a basic black and not what was shown .....or maybe a possible option like afmr? Wonder if u can just get the stainless ? Hope some better details get released

Not super clear judging from what I saw the LE on the Expo floor from youtube, but it appears to be a Gun metal gray finish. If that's the case, that will be bitching and match the gun barrels on the apron. It will be very appropriate for this game and I won't change it to other colors or opt for stainless steel. I mean most collectors already have Chrome and all the colors under the rainbow for their other pins, but Gun metal gray? Not so much. Subtle but unique for sure.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Game Exchange is $350 for CCr. Haven’t bought NIB in a couple years, but seems reasonable.

I wonder if they will let you pick it locally to avoid shipping

#1428 2 years ago

HA! I see what you did there…

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don’t know - 1000 GZLEs were instantly sold out. Spooky sold 1750 games in an hour (the bulk of which were CE).
CC has been a popular (and prohibitively expensive) title for 20 years so there’s a lot of pent up demand for this one. The enhanced code announcement moved it from a “maybe” to a “heck yes” for a lot of people (me included).
The LEs will be sold out this week easy.

I don't get this... people keep saying that Spooky sold out in less than an hour. You can still find distributors that have some of their allotment left (for both games). I placed an order for a CE about a week after they opened bookings.

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Some better photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it! Would definitely consider some of that stuff for mine if it were available.

#1431 2 years ago

Goodbye Halloween deposit... Hello Cactus Canyon!

CGC makes the best games in the industry. Look at all the amazing details like the wood apron, gorgeous screen, etc. I'd rather support them than penny pinching Charlie and gang.

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'd rather support them than penny pinching Charlie and gang.

giphy (2).gifgiphy (2).gif
#1433 2 years ago

Goodbye Halloween deposit... Hello Cactus Canyon!
CGC makes the best games in the industry. Look at all the amazing details like the wood apron, gorgeous screen, etc. I'd rather support them than penny pinching Charlie and gang.

Did you hit the crack pipe too many times today ? Spooky and Charlie are stand up people that stand behind their games. All of their games are reasonably priced and quality made. You know how many issues I had on my mmr? A lot.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Did you hit the crack pipe too many times today ? Spooky and Charlie are stand up people that stand behind their games. All of their games are reasonably priced and quality made. You know how many issues I had on my mmr? A lot.

I've had MMr and R&M and it's day and night. YMMV but in my experience, Spooky males shit games and cheaps out at every opportunity.

They cheaply 3D print everything, where CGC custom moulds.

Do you really think you can compare the quality of these two companies?

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

I like your avatar. My dad worked for GM for 30 years and my two brothers and I waited every year for the BooBerry, Count Chocula and Franken Berry that my dad would bring home!! I hadn't seen those for a while and started seeing them again a couple years ago. Bought some for my brothers. Brought back a lot of memories. LOL!! Made me put a smile on my face. Thank you!!

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

I like your avatar. My dad worked for GM for 30 years and my two brothers and I waited every year for the BooBerry, Count Chocula and Franken Berry that my dad would bring home!! I hadn't seen those for a while and started seeing them again a couple years ago. Bought some for my brothers. Brought back a lot of memories. LOL!! Made me put a smile on my face. Thank you!!

They had this "Monster Mash" edition this year and its all 5 together, however not so good! LOL! I only love the first four, Yummy Mummy wasn't so good but its awesome to see them all in stores every year, brings back some great childhood memories for sure

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I don't get this... people keep saying that Spooky sold out in less than an hour. You can still find distributors that have some of their allotment left (for both games). I placed an order for a CE about a week after they opened bookings.

You purchased your game from a distrib, not spooky. Spooky sold all 1750 games in an hour - most of those went to individuals, but some distributors bought large quantities.

I guess it’s however you want to look at it - but from Spooky’s perspective, they have sold out the run and will make 1750 games.

#1438 2 years ago

You know people, it's ok, actually really ok, to have an opinion about a product) company. It doesn't warrant anyone to support or object, it is just simply, an opinion.

My experience with Spooky after owning 2 games has been very negative, and that is mostly due to quality, not service. Their support has actually been great, but in my opinion the overall quality of their games is lacking.

I might buy a Honda and just absolutely not like it despite the fact that an astonishing number of people think they're great cars. That would solely and simply be my opinion and maybe not at all be in line with what you think/feel.

I owned a MMr, and I did have a few issues, bit nothing out of the pinball norm. My AFMr has been rock solid. But my R&M had every single issue that was ever posted in the forums and more.

So from that, and from my experience owning TNA for a year, I've decided not to do business with Spooky again.

If you decide to buy your games, that is fantastic. It keeps the hobby fresh and healthy, and the more competition there is, the more likely we are to get better quality games.

It's pinball everyone... It's a ball rolling around on a piece of wood with lights flashing to give us a break from the real things in life that we should get worked up about

#1439 2 years ago

Lots of questions all day about CCR LEs so I'm going to put this out here on Pinside...

We have NOT sold any of our CCR LEs (except a few) as we still do not yet know our allotments... I am not selling games when I do not know what we are getting and risking overselling. Been there done that once with JJP GNR CE fiasco which was not our fault and not ever going to risk doing that again. So... PinballSTAR is in a holding pattern right now on LEs... If you want to get on our email blast list that will have a paypal link for ordering when it's time - Email me at [email protected].

I can't answer what other distributors are or aren't doing all I know is we have no numbers so I'm not selling LEs yet.

We are selling SEs at this time - and yes we are taking deposits on those. Email if interested.

Here's a pretty feature matrix...

TY
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements.

FeaturematrixPS (resized).jpgFeaturematrixPS (resized).jpg
#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:I've had MMr and R&M and it's day and night. YMMV but in my experience, Spooky males shit games and cheaps out at every opportunity.
They cheaply 3D print everything, where CGC custom moulds.
Do you really think you can compare the quality of these two companies?

My ACNC and Halloween are not 3d printed...

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Lots of questions all day about CCR LEs so I'm going to put this out here on Pinside...
We have NOT sold any of our CCR LEs (except a few) as we still do not yet know our allotments... I am not selling games when I do not know what we are getting and risking overselling. Been there done that once with JJP GNR CE fiasco which was not our fault and not ever going to risk doing that again. So... PinballSTAR is in a holding pattern right now on LEs... If you want to get on our email blast list that will have a paypal link for ordering when it's time - Email me at [email protected].
I can't answer what other distributors are or aren't doing all I know is we have no numbers so I'm not selling LEs yet.
We are selling SEs at this time - and yes we are taking deposits on those. Email if interested.
Here's a pretty feature matrix...
TY
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements.
[quoted image]

Same. Can't sell what we don't know we have. Pretty poor planning on CGC part to not let us know how many are avaialble. It's not like they rushed into this, it's been a couple of years in the making.

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Same. Can't sell what we don't know we have. Pretty poor planning on CGC part to not let us know how many are avaialble. It's not like they rushed into this, it's been a couple of years in the making.

They give you any indication as to when you would know?

#1443 2 years ago

I think it’s great they are holding back a day or two if they need to get it right.
GNR was an shit show for distributors and customers.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

75 1/2 inches from floor to top of back box ( depending on where your rear levelers are set ) add another 10 inches like their other toppers.

So that’s 85.5” with the topper.

I just measured the clearance under the soffit in my game room - 85”.

Majorly bummed at the moment.
FEE87FB0-7802-4D01-94C8-AA92484290D5 (resized).jpegFEE87FB0-7802-4D01-94C8-AA92484290D5 (resized).jpeg

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So that’s 85.5” with the topper.

I just measured the clearance under the soffit in my game room - 85”.

Take the nut off of the leg leveler and screw the leveler all the way in and put the nut inside the leg on top of the leveler thread. That would gain at least an inch.

#1446 2 years ago

It's pinball everyone... It's a ball rolling around on a piece of wood with lights flashing to give us a break from the real things in life that we should get worked up about

100% correct. So don’t be such an asshole.

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Take the nut off of the leg leveler and screw the leveler all the way in and put the nut inside the leg on top of the leveler thread. That would gain at least an inch.

Thanks! I was hoping something like that would work. Less work than having custom legs made.

The CGC support team is awesome - never had tech support for a game before I had it.

I may have to move my LTG mug to a more prominent location …

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

100% correct. So don’t be such an asshole.

I mean you can combine the two… “Space Balls The Pinball!”

B3238040-BB3B-40D7-A276-6110155902B0.gifB3238040-BB3B-40D7-A276-6110155902B0.gif
#1449 2 years ago

You know people, it's ok, actually really ok, to have an opinion about a product) company. It doesn't warrant anyone to support or object, it is just simply, an opinion.
My experience with Spooky after owning 2 games has been very negative, and that is mostly due to quality, not service. Their support has actually been great, but in my opinion the overall quality of their games is lacking.
I might buy a Honda and just absolutely not like it despite the fact that an astonishing number of people think they're great cars. That would solely and simply be my opinion and maybe not at all be in line with what you think/feel.
I owned a MMr, and I did have a few issues, bit nothing out of the pinball norm. My AFMr has been rock solid. But my R&M had every single issue that was ever posted in the forums and more.
So from that, and from my experience owning TNA for a year, I've decided not to do business with Spooky again.
If you decide to buy your games, that is fantastic. It keeps the hobby fresh and healthy, and the more competition there is, the more likely we are to get better quality games.

I’m in on a CCr AND HWN. Not to support them so much ( that’s great too) but to share in their ideas of pinball. Product should be awesome from both companies.

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m in on a CCr AND HWN. Not to support them so much ( that’s great too) but to share in their ideas of pinball. Product should be awesome from both companies.

As said, that's all good. We all love pinball, so great to support the hobby.

I'm in on a CC LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.