(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 133.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

it’d be a lot cooler if they did! In my best Mathew Mconaughey voice

Potentially a lot cooler because they did.
Both models have enhanced code.

Quoted from epthegeek:

They did work out a deal with me; but how much of what I did they choose to use isn’t up to me.

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Are all LE’s spoken for? Any chance to get on the list?

Emailing [email protected]
Is probably your best bet.

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Love how the $9,250 has now become “fair”
MBLE was $8k
So the idea that they didn’t charge over $10k for a 1,250 run is a win?
I’m good with it. Just find it funny and welcome to the new pin world

If it was a new design I would agree 100%. There : it’s just to redo something already done 20 years ago and skip the design phase, the quality check, testing parts and so on which all the teams and salary and the problems to face. There is new electronics and new toys for sure, but even if Stern charge the same price for an LE we can not compare.

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Guessing they wanted to only have to make one monitor size to streamline production and save parts procurement and some coding.
Classics had smaller one color monitors in previous titles...
That and add a little more profit per unit is my best guess as to no Classic this time.

classic has a smaller full color lcd display that the color chip allowed it to be used to its full potential. It was not a single color display. That said, I'm sure your right about streamlining the production and getting it done. My question would be why not make them all with the smaller screen and sell a screen upgrade kit?

#1355 2 years ago

Sorry if asked and answered
Are these ready to ship?

#1356 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sorry if asked and answered
Are these ready to ship?

Most saying 6-12 weeks

#1357 2 years ago

Funny to keep reading all the criticisms of the presentation. Just my opinion but who gives a shit, seriously, who gives a shit? We ALL know what we are looking at and we will all have a chance to see hi def pics and vids of it soon, if not the same day as the “horrible presentation”. Everyone is acting like they buy games based solely on the roll out presentation? Zach’s video of it shows everything you need to see and it was viewable immediately as well as the feature/comparison sheet on the sight which gives buyers all the details and price. It’s like the game is awesome so what can we complain about? Oh, the presentation was bad so let’s focus on that! Who cares, buy the game or don’t buy it based on the game itself and not how Ryan was dressed or how much energy he had when talking about the damn thing.

#1358 2 years ago

Agree - I have never bought a pinball machine based of a PowerPoint presentation. Game looks awesome, that’s all I care about. I doubt many people will ever even see it, the 2 minute sizzle real floating around much more important from that perspective.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Agree - I have never bought a pinball machine based of a PowerPoint presentation. Game looks awesome, that’s all I care about.

Absolutely

#1360 2 years ago

This is what i did to my CCC in 2016 with the help from Matt at Back Alley. Maybe CGC copied my old pin?

Mine had a lighted train mod that lite up only when the train moved. Plan to make this again when we get CCR Le
26420A45-E5B2-4FDC-9918-C7F8C5572EC3 (resized).png26420A45-E5B2-4FDC-9918-C7F8C5572EC3 (resized).png4EE8818D-28E7-4E6F-B491-F36C89DDFB74 (resized).png4EE8818D-28E7-4E6F-B491-F36C89DDFB74 (resized).png

A9C34BF7-6917-4245-947E-DAEB7483D642 (resized).pngA9C34BF7-6917-4245-947E-DAEB7483D642 (resized).pngC67D94C7-2CC3-44A9-869C-5D91DB773886 (resized).pngC67D94C7-2CC3-44A9-869C-5D91DB773886 (resized).pngE5C2B8D8-C3FA-415B-93DC-870F23283101 (resized).pngE5C2B8D8-C3FA-415B-93DC-870F23283101 (resized).png

#1361 2 years ago

Any distributors have LE's still? I've emailed Planetary and Cointaker. Someone take my money.

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

This is what i did to my CCC in 2016 with the help from Matt at Back Alley. Maybe CGC copied my old pin?
Mine had a lighted train mod that lite up only when the train moved. Plan to make this again when we get CCR Le[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some better photos.

1813532B-B93E-4265-9712-10367D4EB99D (resized).png1813532B-B93E-4265-9712-10367D4EB99D (resized).png314C48BB-5401-4D96-8CDD-397ABEFBA4EA (resized).png314C48BB-5401-4D96-8CDD-397ABEFBA4EA (resized).png7036658B-2501-476D-A4E7-F5702A77CC21 (resized).png7036658B-2501-476D-A4E7-F5702A77CC21 (resized).png928AB4D6-81EA-486B-92CE-510B90B9BF6E (resized).png928AB4D6-81EA-486B-92CE-510B90B9BF6E (resized).pngBD40CD13-2B25-4EDC-ACDF-ACC06333A03B (resized).pngBD40CD13-2B25-4EDC-ACDF-ACC06333A03B (resized).pngD62FED32-A4B5-43A0-99E0-A8561D3CACC7 (resized).pngD62FED32-A4B5-43A0-99E0-A8561D3CACC7 (resized).png
#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Funny to keep reading all the criticisms of the presentation. Just my opinion but who gives a shit, seriously, who gives a shit? We ALL know what we are looking at and we will all have a chance to see hi def pics and vids of it soon, if not the same day as the “horrible presentation”. Everyone is acting like they buy games based solely on the roll out presentation? Zach’s video of it shows everything you need to see and it was viewable immediately as well as the feature/comparison sheet on the sight which gives buyers all the details and price. It’s like the game is awesome so what can we complain about? Oh, the presentation was bad so let’s focus on that! Who cares, buy the game or don’t buy it based on the game itself and not how Ryan was dressed or how much energy he had when talking about the damn thing.

Oh come on, nobody is going to base their decision on his lackluster performance. The game will sell itself.

But he is their spokesman and the public face of the company. If he doesn't give a shit about his job, that makes all of them look bad. A fish stinks from the head down and this guy is a Vice President?

I appreciate the good natured Lloyd trying to spin this but I'm embarrassed for CGC right now.

#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Agree - I have never bought a pinball machine based of a PowerPoint presentation. Game looks awesome, that’s all I care about. I doubt many people will ever even see it, the 2 minute sizzle real floating around much more important from that perspective.

Exactly. He could’ve gone up and said “It’s Cactus Canyon. You already knew this”, farted into the mic, walked away, and still all LE’s would be sold out this weekend.

#1365 2 years ago

Has anyone seen dimensions yet? I need to make some ceiling modifications to fit the topper. Hi eggy with topper is what I need

#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Most saying 6-12 weeks

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Exactly. He could’ve gone up and said “It’s Cactus Canyon. You already knew this”, farted into the mic, walked away, and still all LE’s would be sold out this weekend.

That might have been better than what we saw.

#1368 2 years ago

When will we start seeing for sale posts for original CCC games arguing how much better they are than the remake?

#1369 2 years ago

The reveal sucked... The game looks great. It will still sell out.
How can they compete with Jack Dangef and Kieth Elwin doing hours long stream going though all the rules and game play? They can't! They didn't even try.

#1370 2 years ago

I had a CC Continued with Extended Edition. CCr LE looks crazy nice so I gotta save some money to get me one.

So, what's next for CGC? They talked about 5 games they were working on. Could someone squeeze some info out of Ryan and make him tell if BBBr is one of them? That is for sure an instant buy even if I have to sell my wife's kidney to get it.

#1371 2 years ago

Not the point - people traveled paid for plain tickets and event tickets to see these seminars. Did you see the room of people? Waste of time why even do the presentation just open up the slot for someone else. It wasn’t about buying the game.

That said - your right the game has been seen before and pinball sells itself.

Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

#1372 2 years ago

Getting lots of emails from my usual distros but only the se available for deposit? Are they waiting on le allocations before selling them?

#1373 2 years ago

Are all LE's already sold out or are some distributors taking orders still? Game looks great.

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are all LE's already sold out or are some distributors taking orders still? Game looks great.

I know one distributor told me they haven’t been given their allotment from CGC yet.

#1375 2 years ago

Waiting to hear from my distro on an LE. Last I heard he hadn’t gotten his allocation numbers yet.

#1376 2 years ago

Anyone know if CGC has updated how u install / update code on this game? Is it still a chip or can u actually install code via USB or WiFi? Seems like they may or may not sell the Lyman code so it would be nice if u could load/update via USB or WiFi. If u have both on the game can u switch between code versions?

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

When will we start seeing for sale posts for original CCC games arguing how much better they are than the remake?

The new CC is way better. If anyone in the Chicago area has an original - PM me. Nice to know the new price ceiling

#1378 2 years ago

Some better photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's really nice looking - great job!!

#1379 2 years ago

Some people have said that the Lyman coded software is coming at a later date and will be an additional charge. However, the feature matrix is showing that the enhanced software is included. Is the enhanced software the same as what Lyman is working on?

Screenshot 2021-10-30 104238 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-10-30 104238 (resized).png

#1380 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some people have said that the Lyman coded software is coming at a later date and will be an additional charge. However, the feature matrix is showing that the enhanced software is included. Is the enhanced software the same as what Lyman is working on?
[quoted image]

No - they said the game ships with some kind of enhanced code but that Lyman would be separately developing new code at a cost.

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

That's not correct. Williams originally intended for each game to have a numbered plaque. Unfortunately, they received them well after the games had shipped, and with Williams moving onto pinball 2000, some were sent randomly to distributors, most didn't reach an owner at all and even fewer lined up with the game it was associated with.
Many years ago, after this occured, there were a few people on RGP that had a stash and were seeking owners with proof of ownership. Others looking to trade etc.
Much later and far more recently some reproductions were made for PPS without the number stamped in them. These were and still maybe available to buy direct from PPS.

True this. I had 17 of these WMS numbered plaques at one time and placed 15 of them with their original games and owners. Took a few years but I think many of them were just tossed by distributors.

#1382 2 years ago

Sorry no, your apron maybe nicer than the stock one, but looks home brew while the new LE version is on another level. Arguably the best looking apron I’ve seen out there.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

The enhanced software mentioned apparently completes the Cactus Canyon code as envisioned by the original team (e.g. Bionic Bart). The additional Lyman code pack or whatever it will be called seems like either totally new modes (perhaps incorporating some CCC function) or a whole new rule set that will be available at some future date at additional cost.

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Topper looks very, very cool, but it felt a bit underwhelming from a gameplay perspective. There's a light bar on the bottom and you control which way the active light is moving (left or right) and then press both flipper buttons to shoot the target above that spot. Fun a couple of times but then felt sort of gimmicky. My impractical nerd brain had hoped for an actual shooting gallery which would've been fucking tight.

Yes, it's nice and I too overhyped this in my head before the reveal. I imagined the shooter rod would be replaced with a pistol; you can pull the trigger to fire the ball or, at some point, unholster the gun and point it at the topper to shoot.

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ive been looking at the pictures closely, and Im very bummed there is no whore house in this western frontier.
Really bummed..

That's on the Deadwood edition coming later in the year

#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've done seminars where everything possible to go wrong does. And you soldier through and do the best you can

Dude, LTG , thank you. Thank you for ALWAYS providing grounded perspective, your humility, and giving people the benefit of the doubt in EVERY single pinside thread, including your last 7 posts here.

I am a 22 year pinballer, and a 1 year pinsider. If it weren’t for the few posts from you and a select few others, I’d stop pinside altogether and go back to pinball only, but you tip the scales just enough. True respect brother. Thank you.

If only a few others in these threads would take notice and figure out how to stop complaining and pooping on everyone else…

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Waiting to hear from my distro on an LE. Last I heard he hadn’t gotten his allocation numbers yet.

That is nice to hear as my guy has not reached out yet either.

#1388 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Based on the presentation - I don't doubt it.

#1389 2 years ago

Don’t see how the LE can be sold out yet since many dealers don’t even know how many they are going to get. And I’m sure there are many people on multiple lists. I suspect LEs will be readily available in the next couple weeks. 1250 is a lot.

#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

LOL, EXACTLY!!!

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Not the point - people traveled paid for plain tickets and event tickets to see these seminars. Did you see the room of people? Waste of time why even do the presentation just open up the slot for someone else. It wasn’t about buying the game.
That said - your right the game has been seen before and pinball sells itself.

Yeah, I see your point but most of the complaining isn’t from people that were there, it’s from people at home on their computer, just saying

#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And I’m sure there are many people on multiple lists.

Or this ...

189CD403-39C0-40E6-8E5C-0996F0AB76FA (resized).jpeg189CD403-39C0-40E6-8E5C-0996F0AB76FA (resized).jpeg
#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh come on, nobody is going to base their decision on his lackluster performance. The game will sell itself.
But he is their spokesman and the public face of the company. If he doesn't give a shit about his job, that makes all of them look bad. A fish stinks from the head down and this guy is a Vice President?
I appreciate the good natured Lloyd trying to spin this but I'm embarrassed for CGC right now.

I agree but did it really come off like he doesn’t give a shit about his job? Some of the complaints are also about the technical issues and everybody just seeing an ocean of heads instead of a decent live stream etc., which I’ll be honest, I wish that was better as well but it wasn’t and it wasn’t a big deal. Ryan always seems kinda like “whatever, check out our bitchen shit, you know you want it” so that must be just how he is, who knows.
Either way I was excited and sent it to my friends so we could geek out about it and went to the threads where pics were posted and rewatched Zach’s video 50 times etc. The excitement of the game erased any lackluster presentation. Again, just my opinion

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Dude, LTG , thank you. Thank you for ALWAYS providing grounded perspective, your humility, and giving people the benefit of the doubt in EVERY single pinside thread, including your last 7 posts here.
I am a 22 year pinballer, and a 1 year pinsider. If it weren’t for the few posts from you and a select few others, I’d stop pinside altogether and go back to pinball only, but you tip the scales just enough. True respect brother. Thank you.
If only a few others in these threads would take notice and figure out how to stop complaining and pooping on everyone else…

I second this. Always a moderating voice to keep my perspective on the fun side of things, which is what I hope we’re all here for-fun

#1395 2 years ago

Some better photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!!! Great job!!

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I suspect LEs will be readily available in the next couple weeks. 1250 is a lot.

I don’t know - 1000 GZLEs were instantly sold out. Spooky sold 1750 games in an hour (the bulk of which were CE).

CC has been a popular (and prohibitively expensive) title for 20 years so there’s a lot of pent up demand for this one. The enhanced code announcement moved it from a “maybe” to a “heck yes” for a lot of people (me included).

The LEs will be sold out this week easy.

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don’t see how the LE can be sold out yet since many dealers don’t even know how many they are going to get. And I’m sure there are many people on multiple lists. I suspect LEs will be readily available in the next couple weeks. 1250 is a lot.

One large distributor told me that demand for the LE of this game is twice what their allotment was, but like Ryan said many people were on multiple lists so I’m guessing things will settle out and games will come available.. 1250 is a lot of machines!

On a sidenote I’m surprised on the feature matrix doesn’t show the LE features having the different powder coat.

Mine had a lighted train mod that lite up only when the train moved. Plan to make this again when we get CCR Le
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your Mods are amazing, to this day I still get people asking me where I got the mods that were on mine/your old BM66 and I don’t even on the game anymore.

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:I don’t know - 1000 GZLEs were instantly sold out. Spooky sold 1750 games in an hour (the bulk of which were CE).
CC has been a popular (and prohibitively expensive) title for 20 years so there’s a lot of pent up demand for this one. The enhanced code announcement moved it from a “maybe” to a “heck yes” for a lot of people (me included).
The LEs will be sold out this week easy.

…and don’t forget to mention that the general consensus is CGC has been hitting it out of the park with quality. I have just a few games on CC, but I’m committing to an LE because the quality of my AFMr and MBr is second to none.

#1399 2 years ago

Guess the le trim will b different than the one revealed as it says it's just a basic black and not what was shown .....or maybe a possible option like afmr? Wonder if u can just get the stainless ? Hope some better details get released

#1400 2 years ago

Got on cointaker list back in July for LE but their email sent an hour ago says LEs are sold out. I’ve emailed Sara and Joe at pinball star, but anyone have any leads I’d appreciate it. I figure if I’m not on any other lists by now I might be out of luck but worth a shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/28?hl=riefepeters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.