(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 133.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

When are the LE’s expected to ship ?

Game Exchange originally said 3 to 6 months; revised to 6-12 weeks.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you buy this base game how do you not get the Lyman code update?

TBH it’s the ONLY reason I would buy this game. No interest at all in the original game and you’d be crazy to spend $9250 for one without the promise of what Lyman and Josh can come up with.

Lock a genius in a room with a bowl of hand sorted Green M&M’s and watch greatness ensue.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nobody likes him

I do.

LTG : )

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

TBH it’s the ONLY reason I would buy this game. No interest at all in the original game and you’d be crazy to spend $9250 for one without the promise of what Lyman and Josh can come up with.

Lyman is what pushed the needle from “maybe an SE sometime” to “want an LE now”. Lyman did incredible work on Batman and Elvira and have no doubt he’ll do the same with Cactus Canyon.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do.
LTG : )

You like everybody Lloyd.

And good for you.

If you get a ton of upvotes then maybe I’m wrong

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Game Exchange originally said 3 to 6 months; revised to 6-12 weeks.

I keep seeing 3-6 months. As a dumb first time buyer that seems like a long time to wait.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nobody likes him

I also like him. I'm buying pinball machines, not voting for class president.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lyman is what pushed the needle from “maybe an SE sometime” to “want an LE now”. Lyman did incredible work on Batman and Elvira and have no doubt he’ll do the same with Cactus Canyon.

“In Lyman we trust”

We all know he’s going to make this game the best it can be.

Don’t forget TWD and AC/DC

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I also like him. I'm buying pinball machines, not voting for class president.

We have options to buy from. That’s a good thing

Lyman and any pin. That’s a winner!!!

#1260 2 years ago

So I have not received anything from Sara yet, so am I sol or do emails come out at different times?

#1261 2 years ago

Anyone get an update from Joe at PinballStar yet? Paranoid the email blast went into junk mail

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don’t forget TWD and AC/DC

True, but I only have Batman and Elvira. And I only bought those LEs early because Lyman was in charge of code. Having deep code developed by a world class pinball player is awesome and is a game feature on its own.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Anyone get an update from Joe at PinballStar yet? Paranoid the email blast went into junk mail

Yes. SE deposits only.

#1264 2 years ago

I haven’t. But I got on his email list kinda late.

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

True, but I only have Batman and Elvira. And I only bought those LEs early because Lyman was in charge of code. Having deep code developed by a world class pinball player is awesome and is a game feature on its own.

I can’t believe Stern let him go. They should have paid him whatever he wanted.

TWD is a masterpiece of Lyman perfection

He’s worth the price of admission alone

Maybe Lyman will do another MB code update?

#1266 2 years ago

You'll buy from Robert Mueller but not Rick...got it.

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

So I have not received anything from Sara yet, so am I sol or do emails come out at different times?

Outlook insists (no matter how many times I say otherwise) that emails from Sara are junk mail. Make sure you don't have the same problem as me. If it wasn't for this thread, I'd keep missing her responses.

#1268 2 years ago

Check your junk, that’s where mine was!

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. SE deposits only.

Yep - got the SE email, but on the look out for the follow-up LE order instructions.

#1270 2 years ago

I need more time on this game and will have to make a decision based on what people are seeing, hope we get a lot of reviews this weekend! I’ve played CCC maybe 10 or 15 times, and it was fun but it didn’t grab me like MM/AFM etc. I’d bet it will be great with more code, but not sure. Give us some feedback, you Expo guys!

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

LOL

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Ouch…

#1273 2 years ago

CCr looks great!

Please bring us BBBr soon

#1274 2 years ago

I'm afraid of what the answer will be, but are there any new laws where I'll now have to pay sales tax to ship from PPS to Ohio?

#1275 2 years ago

Regardless of whether you are interested in the title or not due to code, remake, theme, whatever - have to admit it looks well executed all around.
Initial reaction - this what we should see if paying top dollar for a new game.

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I need more time on this game and will have to make a decision based on what people are seeing, hope we get a lot of reviews this weekend! I’ve played CCC maybe 10 or 15 times, and it was fun but it didn’t grab me like MM/AFM etc. I’d bet it will be great with more code, but not sure.

It didn’t grab you because CC code was clearly unfinished and somewhat repetitive.

I’m not at Expo and haven’t played the new code but have confidence the code will be complete and with Lyman doing more later it could be epic.

Not sure CC will ever be in the MM/AFM stratosphere but it’s an awesome theme with great bones.

#1277 2 years ago

I got LE FOMO

#1278 2 years ago

Is their pricing? I got an email from Sara, It really said nothing. Said game revealed in Chicago and I was on the list, already knew everything on the email. Didn't tell any pricing.

#1279 2 years ago

Lol.

Hilarious.

Yeah it’s a tough call but there is a CHOICE on CGC.

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

Is their pricing? I got an email from Sara, It really said nothing. Said game revealed in Chicago and I was on the list, already knew everything on the email. Didn't tell any pricing.

Pricing was announced at the talking event wirh cgc. It’s posted prior in this thread
9250 le and 8000 se

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol.
Hilarious.
Yeah it’s a tough call but if there is a CHOICE on CGC.

Oh... you gotta admit that was funny.

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

It said you were guaranteed a game which you didn’t know before (I assume)?

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Quoted from starfighter:

I said it was hilarious.

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I said it was hilarious.

The real question here is would you like Rick if he were a Texan? The strong silent type who doesn't peddle his machines.

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

The real question here is would you like Rick if he were a Texan? The strong silent type who doesn't peddle his machines.

I’d probably like him if he was friends with Mueller

It’s not just me. Just saying. He has a horrible reputation of not being a likable guy

Industry guys love him

Doesn’t matter. I’m getting a game that I’ve been waiting for and it looks great. What are you waiting for DTS?

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d probably like him if he was friends with Mueller

Well, that's a start!

#1287 2 years ago

So does CCr as it was released today already have improved code? I know Lyman will be doing néw code at a later date.

#1288 2 years ago

Can we leave POS RM out of this discussion, thanks...

#1289 2 years ago

If CGC charges $ for a code update and people pay up, this is going to be the first wave of microtransactions in pinball, is it not?

I like everything else about this pin, but I don't like that.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So does CCr as it was released today already have improved code? I know Lyman will be doing néw code at a later date.

Someone earlier said the original code will be completed on launch. The Lyman thing sounds completely separate.

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

CCr looks great!
Please bring us BBBr soon

You mean BBBrr

Technically only what 6 real “Capcom” games existed the other 200 I consider the remake / reproduction. The BBBrr to me makes so much sense for CGC to make. Since the value / price tag of that title is sky high, low production / reproduction numbers they would easily sell over 1000 LE’s etc.

#1292 2 years ago

So I am understanding correct that Lyman code will be available for SE and LE just not the base classic?

Thanks

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

So I am understanding correct that Lyman code will be available for SE and LE just not the base classic?
Thanks

CGC did not announce a Classic Edition.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You mean BBBrr

Yes indeed... I actually bought in on Gene's BBB back in 04'/05' (game #111 of approx 190). I sold my BBB several years ago and regretted it ever since.

I'd be ALL IN on another ride on BBB, with this company's (CGC) track record.

#1295 2 years ago

Looking for an LE. Any suggestions?

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

If CGC charges $ for a code update and people pay up, this is going to be the first wave of microtransactions in pinball, is it not?
I like everything else about this pin, but I don't like that.

It might be worth it if the update to the original base game is significant enough.

Though, I see manufacturers/programmers holding back modes/content planning ahead when devoping a release.

Pay $50 to have force choke multiball in Mando where the magnet activates, holds the ball and a force choke video clip or animation plays on screen (grogu is adorable when mad).

Yup, after typing that out... seems like the unfortunate future for pinball. As much as I don't like it, I will continue to pay the price until I hit a certain ceiling.

And as long as I am digressing, there are so many similarities to the 1920s and now. At least I can use the cardboard the pin came in for a house.

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They said they added Bionic Bart. The beer mug target actually does something but maybe only on the LE. There were different high score tables (fastest Showdown, etc.)

There were added call outs and sounds. I may be missing some other additions.

#1298 2 years ago

I know it was touched on a bit, but damn, the presentation today was beyond terrible. If I worked for CGC and was putting my blood sweat and tears into this project, I would be pissed at that roll out.

The game looks great, but wow. Just… wow.

After screwing with the input for the projector, the promo video started to play and then just crapped out. Ryan spoke for a short bit. He didn’t even know the price of the game! He had to pull his phone out mid presentation and look it up! WTF?! He gave so few details. Then he just said fuck it and asked who had questions.

I was blown away. Questions? Already? You’re done? Really? There were 100 questions. You explained damn near nothing!

Again, the game looks awesome. Great work from the whole team. But that “presentation” (if you could even call it that), was cringe worthy. I look forward to hearing Kaneda’s take on it.

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

They said they added Bionic Bart. The beer mug target actually does something but maybe only on the LE. There were different high score tables (fastest Showdown, etc.)
There were added call outs and sounds. I may be missing some other additions.

Looks like the railroad track is now an actual ramp.

#1300 2 years ago

Also, why is there no promo info on their website? No breakdown on features of SE versus LE. Nada???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/26?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.