(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 133.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I did not think we would see a better apron then the original WOZ. That is by far the best Apron and some really nice look to the wood guns.
Never been a hug fan of this game but damn if CGC did not make me drool while watching that preview. Amazing remake work again, wish money grew on trees but I am going with new hotness with my pinball dollars.

Aparantly $ is growing on trees lately .Went to the great escape to buy some pool supplies for next year just in case and hot tubs,pools,arcade games are 30% up and guy told me they’re expecting another 20% markup this winter .I asked “has sales dropped ?” He said “never seen a selling frenzy like this “ .WTF is goin on ?

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I did not think we would see a better apron then the original WOZ. That is by far the best Apron and some really nice look to the wood guns.
Never been a hug fan of this game but damn if CGC did not make me drool while watching that preview. Amazing remake work again, wish money grew on trees but I am going with new hotness with my pinball dollars.

I agree....I have a WOZ ECLE. It's a cool apron....but it's plywood. I talked to Jack a while back. I told him he should offer solid wood aprons for the ECLE, in your choice of wood. It would look a lot better that the plywood version. This apron looks t!ts !!!

#1203 2 years ago

Can a distributor in LA make contact with me and sell me an LE with topper
Thanks

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Thanks

Advice!

Find a out of state distributor to avoid sales tax. Enjoy your 1000 extra dollars.

#1205 2 years ago

Does anybody have a picture of the standard game’s playfield? The listing on FlipnOut looks the same as the LE and I thought there were differences?

#1206 2 years ago

Whoah, it's fabulous!

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You get completed game software “free”.
The Lyman code will apparently be a separate selectable version. If so, we’ll worth an extra charge.

Was always on the cards for the “Continued” code to be an extra charge. Same as the original MMr colour upgrade chip.

Whatever it costs, Lyman’s code will be worth it. At least this way you’ll get a choice of 2 different games.

#1208 2 years ago

My guess is that the reason these are being sold for a reasonable price, is that they will be asking for a decent chunk of change for the Lyman code. If it came out of the gate with Lyman code, it certainly wouldn’t be $9250.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I expect <$500

My bet is more than $500.

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Thanks

My guess is that there are long lists. I know I’m on three for an LE. I bet all the LEs will be spoken for by people on the interested lists.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

My guess is that the reason these are being sold for a reasonable price, is that they will be asking for a decent chunk of change for the Lyman code. If it came out of the gate with Lyman code, it certainly wouldn’t be $9250.

Or…

Priced according to CGC market pricing. Fair pricing for high value. On par since 2014 when MMR came out.

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Aparantly $ is growing on trees lately .Went to the great escape to buy some pool supplies for next year just in case and hot tubs,pools,arcade games are 30% up and guy told me they’re expecting another 20% markup this winter .I asked “has sales dropped ?” He said “never seen a selling frenzy like this “ .WTF is goin on ?

Everthing is off kilter just stay in your basement Joe and everything will be fine.

#1213 2 years ago

Got my LE order secured! Two games purchased in one day (R&B being the other) is a record for me. Can’t wait to get both of them.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Ryan did a terrible job presenting it. The code is all new that Lyman was involved in on there now. It's my understanding what's coming out later is a different take or addition to the newly updated code.

Well, this is much easier to stomach, assuming it is accurate.

I’ve always liked CC, and CCr looks beautiful, so I’m in. Already emailed Sara at PPS asking where to send my deposit!

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Or…
Priced according to CGC market pricing. Fair pricing for high value. On par since 2014 when MMR came out.

No doubt the pricing is fair. It will be interesting to see what the Lyman code costs though.

#1216 2 years ago

If any distributor has an LE with topper available I’m on the hunt.

I have emails out, but only finding SE’s.

#1217 2 years ago

If you are on the guaranteed list don't email PPS, I'm sure they're blowing up as it is:

From Sara:

CCR LE update:

The game has just been announced at Chicago Expo. If you got this message, you have the chance to buy the CCR LE from us.

We (PPS) need the weekend to get the proper information ready to send out (pricing, features, how to order, etc.), so please be patient and have peace of mind that you are on our “guaranteed to buy” list.

Our next email to you should be early next week (Tues/Wed), at that time you can read about the game details and make your deposit (you may already have some info if you attended Expo).

Deposits will be the usual $1,000 to hold your spot until your game is ready. If you got this message then you will have plenty of time to put your deposit in. Please do not ask what spot in line you are at this time.

If you are not going to order from us (PPS) please reply back at any time and ask to be removed from this list.

Thank you again!

[email protected]

#1218 2 years ago

Love how the $9,250 has now become “fair”

MBLE was $8k

So the idea that they didn’t charge over $10k for a 1,250 run is a win?

I’m good with it. Just find it funny and welcome to the new pin world

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MBLE was $8k

Fair point Ice, but are you aware that the new stern prem will be almost 9k with no topper, art blade or armor upgrade? Pinflation, it’s what it’s I guess.

#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MBLE was $8k

It’s a “win” in that with the current market they could have easily charged more. Look at what Stern has done with topper pricing. Using that as a base the difference between the SE and LE an interactive topper with special game modes alone “justifies” the $1250 difference. And $8k seems to be the new base for a game. Is that crazy? Probably. But that’s where we are today.

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Fair point Ice, but are you aware that the new stern prem will be almost 9k with no topper, art blade or armor upgrade? Pin inflation, it’s what it’s I guess.

No doubt. It’s like cars and housing. Get what you can while you can.

This is a better value than anything Stern which I also love.

I’d never buy a game from PPS though

#1222 2 years ago

Also on lookout for an LE if any distributors still have spots on their list.

Thought I was secure on a list for months, but was told today that they didn’t get enough allocations.

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why is that? I have bought parts from them and have been very happy.

#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No doubt. It’s like cars and housing. Get what you can while you can.
This is a better value than anything Stern which I also love.

Why won't you buy through Planetary? I've never had a problem. I bought my MMr & MBr through them.

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s a “win” in that with the current market they could have easily charged more. Look at what Stern has done with topper pricing. Using that as a base the difference between the SE and LE an interactive topper with special game modes alone “justifies” the $1250 difference. And $8k seems to be the new base for a game. Is that crazy? Probably. But that’s where we are today.

Crazy is the operative word.

I’m getting an LE because I love the theme. I would have paid $10k because of CGC quality etc

The toppers are awesome!

#1226 2 years ago

Can someone at expo or here post a few shots of the SE playfield as well? Thx

#1227 2 years ago

I'm puzzled by the future Lyman code offering, since someone said that he already helped on what they're currently selling. I wonder if they might not just offer more or different code, but also a major upgrade taking it from dots to the kind of video clips we see on new Sterns and JJP games? If so, that would be cool.

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Why won't you buy through Planetary? I've never had a problem. I bought my MMr & MBr through them.

Not a fan of Rick. That’s it. I’m sure they will sell their allotment. Not to me though

He has 50 to blow through on each game per his contract. That leaves 1,200.

If it was the last game available in his warehouse I wouldn’t do it

#1229 2 years ago

CCr looks amazing !
Congratulations CGC team on another stellar effort.
The entire game comes across as being built with style and passion.
Certainly worth the wait

#1230 2 years ago

Deposit ready for any distro that wants to sell me an le. Please Lmk.

#1231 2 years ago

Any distro's has LE allocation left, please message me.
Thanks in advance.

#1232 2 years ago

Best part ... non licensed game .!

#1233 2 years ago

Game looks great with really nice updates to lighting and the topper, but...my money is still safe until they produce WH2Or.

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Best part ... non licensed game .!

Seems incredible that they still have to jump through many approval hoops.
No doubt a great deal of patience and tenacity required there.

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not a fan of Rick. That’s it. I’m sure they will sell their allotment. Not to me though
He has 50 to blow through on each game per his contract. That leaves 1,200.
If it was the last game available in his warehouse I wouldn’t do it

Well, gotta disagree with you on this one. I've worked with Rick and Sara for years, and they are awesome.

#1236 2 years ago

I have bought all my games through them as well. Excellent experience every time!

#1237 2 years ago

Any official gameplay footage, real gameplay not edited?
Game looks awesome. Really interested although I still prefer modern games… decisions decisions!!

#1238 2 years ago

Got my email from PPS for my LE! Super excited!

#1239 2 years ago

Deposit in for LE with JJ @ game exchange.
Can’t wait.

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

I have bought all my games through them as well. Excellent experience every time!

Everybody has different experiences. I didn’t say Sara

Doesn’t matter because there are plenty of options thankfully

If you think Rick is beloved then not sure what to say about that . It’s universal

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MBLE was $8k

Keep in mind that $8000 in 2018 is $8740 today.

So they’re really only charging another $510. The way the pinball market is right now, I’d say that is pretty fair.

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Keep in mind that $8000 in 2018 is $8740 today.
So they’re really only charging another $510. The way the pinball market is right now, I’d say that is pretty fair.

Justify the price of a non licensed REMAKE any way you want.

I’m in. They are trying to get every dime they think they can get from us just like every other pin maker.

It’s not like they are doing us some kind of favor by being “fair”. If they thought they could get $10k they would

Given the opportunity, AP jacked up the LE run from 300 to 500

#1244 2 years ago

When are the LE’s expected to ship ?

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Justify the price of a non licensed REMAKE any way you want.
I’m in. They are trying to get every dime they think they can get from us just like every other pin maker.
It’s not like they are doing us some kind of favor by being “fair”. If they thought they could get $10k they would
Given the opportunity, AP jacked up the LE run from 300 to 500

I totally hear ya man. We may be rethinking the whole “fair” aspect after we see the Lyman code cost.

#1246 2 years ago

I'd love to get on the list for N LE near Indiana...

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I totally hear ya man. We may be rethinking the whole “fair” aspect after we see the Lyman code cost.

If there is one thing in the pinball industry I’d be willing to pay extra for, and that’s why CGC hired him, is future Lyman code!

We start at $9250. It’s just the beginning

If you buy this base game how do you not get the Lyman code update? We will

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I think you are thinking the right way about the Lyman code cost. I’m right with you. I think people will be surprised to see how much it is. If it was $1000 I wouldn’t be shocked at all. Some toppers are $1000 and they don’t add anything to them game.

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everybody has different experiences. I didn’t say Sara
Doesn’t matter because there are plenty of options thankfully
If you think Rick is beloved then not sure what to say about that . It’s universal

I don't think anyone said anything about Rick being beloved, or anyone else for that matter, well maybe Sara. The point is that many have had good experiences with PPS. They hold the rights to Williams games, as you know, and are a big part of why we can even get remakes.

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I don't think anyone said anything about Rick being beloved, or anyone else for that matter, well maybe Sara. The point is that many have had good experiences with PPS. They hold the rights to Williams games, as you know, and are a big part of why we can even get remakes.

Who is a big part of why we can’t get remakes?

I’m saying I avoid PPS because of Rick and I’m not alone. Not a people person

I’d never buy a game from him and CGC has plenty of options so that’s a good thing.

Rick wins as licensor anyhow. Nobody likes him

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.