(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 133.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

CCr won’t necessarily be better than the original; just different. And most CC owners got their game at far less than a CCr will cost...

Not so sure about that.

#652 2 years ago

Got on the interest list back in August. Hope I wasn’t too late. Was expecting CGC to be doing it up right, seems as if I made the right call (but perhaps too late). We’ll see if I get The call when orders open up.

#653 2 years ago

You guys thinking the top of the line will be anything less than $11k are dreaming!

These guys know which way the wind is blowing.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys thinking the top of the line will be anything less than $11k are dreaming!

Thanks for that. Not expecting 2 years ago pricing but hoping it’s still within my affordability range.

Winds that blow like that usually are called tornadoes.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thanks for that. Not expecting 2 years ago pricing but hoping it’s still within my affordability range.
Winds that blow like that usually are called tornadoes.

I can't lie he's right, I thought competition was going to drive Stern down and boy was I ever wrong.

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$15K by Christmas!

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

$15K by Christmas!

Well, let’s wait and see I guess. I’m not blowing 2 years of pin funds on 1 title.

I’m either all in or out of the nib scene, which may lead to my early demise.

FAF3331F-ACD8-4A1E-8CBC-3554EA3FDCBD.gifFAF3331F-ACD8-4A1E-8CBC-3554EA3FDCBD.gif
#658 2 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I can't lie he's right, I thought competition was going to drive Stern down and boy was I ever wrong.

Unless he’s not right. Speculation can be fun kids!

#659 2 years ago

Yeah I for one am hoping that it would be no more then 9k which would still be 1k over their last LE monster bash; of course JJP the worst pinball manufacturer around keeps raising thier prices on their games with thier shit playfields so who knows

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, let’s wait and see I guess. I’m not blowing 2 years of pin funds on 1 title.
I’m either all in or out of the nib scene, which may lead to my early demise.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"921ae84059cd5c24885d6b9ba818a70a2b14ffb7-1633265948-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]

Not having room is the key. I don’t have any more room, meaning I only had room for 3 and I have 5 plus one still sitting in a box. So not having any room is a real safety net on going broke. I’m thinking a Virtual Pin is in my future to satisfy any retro itch I might have. New pins have been easy, they all stink. Now that CCr has Lyman tho, it’s gonna be tough

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah I for one am hoping that it would be no more then 9k which would still be 1k over their last LE monster bash;

I don’t see them leaving money on the table - I am guessing the LE will be between $10k-$11k. CGC just watched Stern sell 1000 GZLEs at $10.5k in seconds.

I hate it, but it is what it is.

#662 2 years ago

....wrong thread .......

#663 2 years ago

Will be one of those situations where a collector pays a multiple of 1000 dollars for basically the interactive topper. If CGC is consistent with its approach to MBr, the differences tween SE and LE where topper, trim color, shaker, mirror blades and the plasma disk. The trim on the lock down bar also has the cool engraved plate. So one could upgrade their SE to an LE except the topper and the Topper and the lock down plate.

The big draw for me on this title is the enhanced code. A lot one could do with the play field above the original code. will be interesting to see how this turns out price wise.

#664 2 years ago

Not having room is the key. I don’t have any more room, meaning I only had room for 3 and I have 5 plus one still sitting in a box. So not having any room is a real safety net on going broke. I’m thinking a Virtual Pin is in my future to satisfy any retro itch I might have. New pins have been easy, they all stink. Now that CCr has Lyman tho, it’s gonna be tough

My situation verbatim. Out of room, but maybe my sis in law in our in law downstairs can move one in. Other than that I’m out of options and HWN will be already budgeted in. CCr may be my last for awhile.

Stern’s and JJP have been off my radar for years now. You’re a better gambler than I am buying GNR.

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don’t see them leaving money on the table - I am guessing the LE will be between $10k-$11k. CGC just watched Stern sell 1000 GZLEs at $10.5k in seconds.
I hate it, but it is what it is.

You talking about the GZLE’s flooding the market? Those? Huh.

Folks’re finding out this ain’t the stock market.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

My situation verbatim. Out of room, but maybe my sis in law in our in law downstairs can move one in. Other than that I’m out of options and HWN will be already budgeted in. CCr may be my last for awhile.
Stern’s and JJP have been off my radar for years now. You’re a better gambler than I am buying GNR.

Well IMO there’s a lackluster set of releases, so that also helps. When they rainbowed out the art on Godzilla, that made us very easy to pass and play it on location. This game is gonna be tuff to pass if Lyman codes it. I’m also kinda holding out on the Pulp Fiction rumors. I might have to ditch the sofa or my bed for that

#667 2 years ago

Well IMO there’s a lackluster set of releases, so that also helps. When they rainbowed out the art on Godzilla, that made us very easy to pass and play it on location. This game is gonna be tuff to pass if Lyman codes it. I’m also kinda holding out on the Pulp Fiction rumors. I might have to ditch the sofa or my bed for that

I respect your priorities. Damned good plan. My bathroom is overrated anyways. I’ve got a yard and trees.

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You may be right, but that will make it an easy pass for many! To charge 11k for a game that has already been designed for the most part and doesn’t have any real IP costs like nearly all other new games from other manufacturers would appear as a cash grab IMHO. If that’s the way CGC wants to go that’s fine, but they should tread lightly here price wise, CC of all the remakes may not be the one to get aggressive on pricing with!

CGC has built up a lot of goodwill in this community and honestly I’m not too worried. I think they will have a price structure between the three models that is reasonable, just like their last three titles.

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You may be right, but that will make it an easy pass for many! To charge 11k for a game that has already been designed for the most part and doesn’t have any real IP costs like nearly all other new games from other manufacturers would appear as a cash grab IMHO. If that’s the way CGC wants to go that’s fine, but they should tread lightly here price wise, CC of all the remakes may not be the one to get aggressive on pricing with!
CGC has built up a lot of goodwill in this community and honestly I’m not too worried. I think they will have a price structure between the three models that is reasonable, just like their last three titles.

I hope you are right. You make a lot of sense but the market doesn’t and this game with a topper thrown on it is on its way to being sold out regardless.

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Guys - I get it like everyone else - I get sick seeing these escalating prices

BUT we are way beyond just a hobbyist click - this is real business now and it’s “What The Market Will Bear Territory” and reading the forums there are plenty of folks willing to pay the prices....if I were running these companies I would do the same thing and so would you

#671 2 years ago

Lyman and josh ain’t working for free.

The market is pretty nuts.

They’ll charge what they think they can get way with.

This isn’t being pitched as a “remake” competing with decades-old machines people have played thousands of times already, but much closer to a brand new “A-Title,” an appetizer to their forthcoming original machines which will compete with stern and company.

they arent in business to do anybody any favors.

Expect the worst.

#672 2 years ago

CCR Classic Edition = $8,000
CCR Special Edition = $9,500
CCR Limited Edition = $11,000

Just a guess...

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just a guess...

Give or take 500 bucks I think you nailed it.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just a guess...

CCR Classic Edition = $7250
CCR Special Edition = $8750
CCR Limited Edition = $9995

My guess

#675 2 years ago

Stern had to pay for a whole new package with there game. If cgc raises prices to high it will hurt them. They don't have to pay artists and designers. I know they will pay Josh and Lyman to make it better bit the game was fully designed minus their new topper. I have a game on order but if pricing if horrific I will pass.

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

the game was fully designed minus their new topper.

Don't forget the programming for the LCD, and RGB lighting.

LTG : )

#677 2 years ago

Don’t forget that if they think people will pay $12k for a top of the line 90s redo with new Lyman software and new mechs and whatever the hell else, they will.

BOM or who they had to pay and how much has little to do with it.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Stern had to pay for a whole new package with there game. If cgc raises prices to high it will hurt them. They don't have to pay artists and designers. I know they will pay Josh and Lyman to make it better bit the game was fully designed minus their new topper. I have a game on order but if pricing if horrific I will pass.

Pretty sure there is a ton of dev and work in these games even though a remake. They built a whole new architecture for CCr, new animations, new code, and updated features. Plus, manufacturing costs are going to be the same as any other pins. If everyone else is raising prices, chances are manufacturing costs are higher. No way pricing will be the same as last remake. Just a question of how much higher.

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t forget that if they think people will pay $12k for a top of the line 90s redo with new Lyman software and new mechs and whatever the hell else, they will.
BOM or who they had to pay and how much has little to do with it.

Pricing hitting ‘only the rich’ territory? Not a dig at ya, just wondering. If you’re correct then I’m just some one else dropping out.

Last I checked you, me and others ARE the people who will pay? Speaking for myself, I’m in the 1% category of income earners but I cannot continue to support price hikes, nib OR secondary market. I have other hobbies and life dedications to take up time. I can’t be alone in my thinking?

Inflation, luxury item, drives money made to money spent. Anyone have a spreadsheet for pin prices from recently to today?

#680 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This isn’t being pitched as a “remake” competing with decades-old machines people have played thousands of times already, but much closer to a brand new “A-Title,” an appetizer to their forthcoming original machines which will compete with stern and company.

they arent in business to do anybody any favors.

Expect the worst.

My guess is 'expanded' will be an upcharge, to be released later.

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Lyman is many things but quick is not one of them.

I suppose you are right, or this release could be years away.

Upcharge coming later? Maybe. But they still know what people are paying for and there’s still gonna be a sizeable Lyman upcharge just to get in the game.

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Uhg. I hope not.

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't forget the programming for the LCD, and RGB lighting.

And I will bet Planetary and Williams are not offering a free license out of the goodness of their heart. Let alone that High Dollar support tech in MN! I hear he drives a Lamborghini with under carriage Pinstadium lighting! Lol. 10k LE is my solid bet.

#684 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I doubt it. They want it ready to rock and roll when released.

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Let alone that High Dollar support tech in MN!

That's good. Thank you Quasimodo.

They do want to build the best games and have the best tech support team to go with it.

#686 2 years ago

Ok yep I'm convinced that the tech work makes the game land towards 12k I mean it's not like they have the hardware and massive engineering figured out for their now 4th game. Keep helping the manufacturers raise prices people because in this great society that I keep hearing about has record inflation but I just can't put my finger on why

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's good. Thank you Quasimodo.
They do want to build the best games and have the best tech support team to go with it.

That is a Fact on both points! It’s not like they simply turned the conveyor back on games just continued where they ended. They likely had to re-engineer and source every part from paper. Looking forward to this title.

#688 2 years ago

So does this mean we’re gonna get real colt 45’s?

FC5B6C06-8AC4-4113-871F-BCB0DCF284EA.gifFC5B6C06-8AC4-4113-871F-BCB0DCF284EA.gif
#689 2 years ago

So does this mean we’re gonna get real colt 45’s?
[quoted image]

Yes. To rob the stagecoaches with so’s we can pay for Lloyds extravagant lifestyle. I for one welcome our new Benefactor and which him long health and a chicken in every pot.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yes. To rob the stagecoaches with so’s we can pay for Lloyds extravagant lifestyle. I for one welcome our new Benefactor and which him long health and a chicken in every pot.

This is getting too good. Thank you !

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Speaking for myself, I’m in the 1% category of income earners

According to banking rates, in New Hampshire the minimum you need to make to be in the top 1%: $486,812 per annum...

Was just curious.

Robert

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

According to banking rates, in New Hampshire the minimum you need to make to be in the top 1%: $486,812 per annum...
Was just curious.
Robert

I work in Mass. Live in NH.
$486k gross. States both take their cut. Trust me.

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Not so sure about that.

Almost a third of the original production sold at close out under $2k. Granted, many bought multiples and sold extra NIBs for stupid money years later. But you still aren’t talking a majority above $9k-$10k.

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This is getting too good. Thank you !

Yeah we’re on to you. LTG is just here giving out free pinball advice for the fun of it because being a Billionaire gets boring.

Meanwhile LTG…

9DB5B6C4-D9B3-4F0A-B076-EEE5FD881645.gif9DB5B6C4-D9B3-4F0A-B076-EEE5FD881645.gif
#695 2 years ago

36 new posts, got my hopes up only to find...well, nothing

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

steve-marting.gifsteve-marting.gif
#697 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

That's not entirely true.

I found out I'm a billionaire.

I read it on the internet, so Abe Lincoln says it's true.

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Pricing hitting ‘only the rich’ territory? Not a dig at ya, just wondering. If you’re correct then I’m just some one else dropping out.
Last I checked you, me and others ARE the people who will pay? Speaking for myself, I’m in the 1% category of income earners but I cannot continue to support price hikes, nib OR secondary market. I have other hobbies and life dedications to take up time. I can’t be alone in my thinking?
Inflation, luxury item, drives money made to money spent. Anyone have a spreadsheet for pin prices from recently to today?

What you say is true but let’s look at this a little differently.

I’m betting most people in this forum CAN AFFORD to buy higher priced pins ( ie.$11K) .....the catch is most of us reach a point where you cannot rationalize spending so much on a leisure game even if you CAN FINANCIALLY AFFORD IT

Another thing I was taught a long time ago is that COST and PRICE are NOT Necessarily related. Just because a remake “may” be cheaper to develop does NOT mean the PRICE will be lower as demand and price elasticity become major factors

I wish it were not so - but brace yourself for sticker shock in today’s crazy environment

#699 2 years ago

CGC would be crazy not to go the doctor on this LE. And they’ll put just enough bling and window dressing in it that all you LE buyers will think it’s good value.

Just the thought of the CGC LE treatment and Lyman has got me tempted…… and I don’t even like the game.

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

CGC would be crazy not to go the doctor on this LE. And they’ll put just enough bling and window dressing in it that all you LE buyers will think it’s good value.
Just the thought of the CGC LE treatment and Lyman has got me tempted…… and I don’t even like the game.

I agree with all this - although you may need to explain to our friends overseas what “go for the doctor” means!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 210.00
7,000 (Firm)
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/14?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.