(Topic ID: 298998)

CCr ~ Cactus Canyon Remake Hype Thread ~ Lock is lit.. and so am I!

By Concretehardt

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,647 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 209 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you in on CCr”

• Yes I’m in on a classic edition 52 votes
    8%
  • Yes I’m in on a special edition 117 votes
    18%
  • Yes I’m in on a limited edition 308 votes
    46%
  • Not interested.. I’m out on this one! 187 votes
    28%

(664 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230624_202510 (resized).jpg
D89E6FDF-0668-4E36-995C-F42E4C06F1E4 (resized).jpeg
8FE40796-3641-400E-93EA-B9A0E3FCD48A.gif
712171808acfe023d0b3b41dd310c0b301966dc5 (resized).jpg
d682efdebb3af34d9abe31cee37c23eb4cac1d58 (resized).jpg
CCR (resized).jpg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
CC77ABF5-10BF-44F5-9AB9-50C2CC5CA30A.gif
Screenshot_20230114_205620_Facebook (resized).jpg
80CBA767-E4F2-48C4-9D72-F4FF3E432D8C (resized).png
b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_text.gif
20221115_121245 (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
man (resized).jpg
6A782F82-6587-4746-8919-32FBA8B41FE7 (resized).jpeg
94C9F4C9-3244-4477-AA34-0C7A45D3D3DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 133.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I volunteer my place.
LTG : )

If beer is out at your place...Can we show up with pizza?

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

During that last announcement/slide deck presentation, Ryan said no CCr CE's, only SE and LE models will be available. Why do people keep thinking a CE edition is coming?

Mr Pinball, Australian CGC dealer...
12DF0FDF-A7B2-46E3-B0AE-7260646649F0 (resized).png12DF0FDF-A7B2-46E3-B0AE-7260646649F0 (resized).png

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

During that last announcement/slide deck presentation, Ryan said no CCr CE's, only SE and LE models will be available. Why do people keep thinking a CE edition is coming?

He was talking about the future 2023 run of Medieval Madness

#604 2 years ago

So CGC had originally said 4 to 6 weeks for license approval, it has been 41 days since they said that. My gut says we are going to hear something from them today.

Disclaimer: i’m wrong alot

#605 2 years ago

K says there will be a press release by Monday about who is joining the team. Looks like no game reveal. I think we would all rather hear about the game itself instead of who they are hiring. My guess is game reveal by expo.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

My guess is game reveal by expo.

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Can we show up with pizza?

Yes. Or order it in.

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

it's godzilla Pro

Well shit….

#609 2 years ago

I can’t wait to get this game !

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I can’t wait to get this game !

I just want to know the timing and pricing. I really like my 2 games and am adding one more but the wait is getting painful!

#611 2 years ago

Correct, because I remember selling mine for $500 less than I paid. Oh how times have changed. Could have gotten double if I waited 3 years.

#612 2 years ago

Copy and paste from MrPinballAU.

Robert

Full Details Below.

We have Started an Order Interest List Now.

Games available in Three distinct models:

- Classic Edition: Faithful to the original.

Standard sized score Color LCD score display, that can be set to any single color, can be upgraded to Full Color High Resolution Graphics for additional cost.

All LED lighting throughout machine.

Enhanced sound system.

Stainless steel cabinet trim.

Shaker motor can be added at additional cost

Priced at TBA New In Box

- Special Edition:

Extra Large Color LCD Display including Full Color High Resolution Graphics,

Stainless steel cabinet trim.

Multicolored backbox speakers.

Shaker motor can be added at additional cost

Priced at TBA New In Box

- Limited Edition:

Extra Large Color LCD Display including Full Color High Resolution Graphics,

Special cabinet trim.

Multicolored backbox speakers.

Shaker Motor included.

1st Interactive Custom topper with a Mini-game attached to it, and the topper will only be available with the Limited Edition.

Priced at TBA New In Box

Please note: Allocation and pricing to be confirmed and is subject to Change, We are not taking Deposits YET.

#613 2 years ago

I can't remember if this was pasted prior, but MrPinballAU sez it has all new code...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#614 2 years ago

Just announced at Chicago Gaming

For Immediate Release:
Chicago Gaming Company is Continuing to Enhance Upcoming Pinball Releases
Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe partnering with Chicago Gaming Company.
Chicago, October 1, 2021 – Chicago Gaming Company is pleased to announce that Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe have been contracted to develop new and enhanced software for Cactus Canyon Remake.
Lyman Sheats is a pinball software engineer whose accomplishments span nearly three decades. Lyman brings a wealth of knowledge in software design as well as gameplay. His visions of gameplay and rules are a result of his many years as an avid pinball tournament player and enthusiast, and many of his rulesets serve as the backbone for modern pinball rules design.
Josh Sharpe is a passionate pinball enthusiast who is the current president of the International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA). Josh has been a competitive pinball player since 1993 and created the World Pinball Player Rankings in 2006. The son of industry legend Roger Sharpe, Josh also extended his love of pinball by writing game reviews for Play Meter Magazine for 18 years.
“We are pleased to be working with Lyman and Josh on this project. Their knowledge, enthusiasm and excitement have been instrumental in taking this game to a level above and beyond our expectations,” said Doug Duba, President of Chicago Gaming Company.
Chicago Gaming Company is a high-quality pinball manufacturer based out of Chicago, IL. Known for its attention to detail and the highest level of craftsmanship, Chicago Gaming Company has remade some of the all-time most sought-after pinball machines. Chicago Gaming Company uses modern electronics to deliver a familiar game with modern reliability.
Please contact Ryan White ([email protected]) with any questions you may have.

#615 2 years ago

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but just came across this posted on Reddit:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/lyman-sheats-and-josh-sharpe-partnering-with-chicago-gaming-company/

"Chicago, October 1, 2021 – Chicago Gaming Company is pleased to announce that Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe have been contracted to develop new and enhanced software for Cactus Canyon Remake."

Really excited to see what they do with this!

edit: ha, timing AND I missed the whole other thread discussing this

#616 2 years ago

Super stoked, Mr. Sheats has an impressive resume of games I enjoy playing. It also puts to bed any lingering questions about "if". Now it's just about what it's going to look like.

#617 2 years ago

Exciting times for sure.

#618 2 years ago

Quoted from tlsbryan:Chicago, October 1, 2021 – Chicago Gaming Company is pleased to announce that Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe have been contracted to develop new and enhanced software for Cactus Canyon Remake.

if they were contracted today by this announcement, guessing nothing done to code ?
but will be ? seems strange as this should have been done long ago if there is a release coming?

#619 2 years ago

Cool!

Yes, I was also wondering if he has started the code. I assume yes as Ryan said “it has new code, and it’s fun”. I think he said that anyway.

I wonder if Lyman will also be update the code to other remakes? Or just CCr as it was not complete.

It is possible for him to update code on the first 3 remakes? I know it has the old system.

Thanks!
Richard

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

it's godzilla Pro

He (Jack danger) posted yesterday that something is in 2 weeks….

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

if they were contracted today by this announcement, guessing nothing done to code ?
but will be ? seems strange as this should have been done long ago if there is a release coming?

It was done long ago. They only announced it today.

#622 2 years ago

Ah, Lyman on code
Looks like im back in on CCr

Godzilla due in Australia January next year.
A month ago I thought CCr may hit Australia by Christmas, Now I think that we won't see CCr down under until the new year as well.

Will CCr be worth the wait ?
I think so

#623 2 years ago

I just hope they release the game very soon. I don't want to have to wait until next year for Lyman to code the game, then release it. Just release it now, and I'll be happy with a code update next year sometime.

#624 2 years ago

Lymans back.
I really like the sound of that.

B54977F4-B8D1-486E-B950-D198F15842AA.gifB54977F4-B8D1-486E-B950-D198F15842AA.gif

#625 2 years ago

Lyman was contracted awhile ago to help with CCR code. He’s also working on his own CCR code that will be released later.

#626 2 years ago

Hopefully I'm not lynched for saying this. I'm not opposed to the idea of new code. (I wish it would've been CCC.) But I would also like the option to play the original version as well. Could that be possible?

#627 2 years ago

Delete

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Agreed…first thought that came to my mind.

Robert

#629 2 years ago

Lyman on code. This game could become something really cool!

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Just announced at Chicago Gaming
For Immediate Release:
Chicago Gaming Company is Continuing to Enhance Upcoming Pinball Releases
Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe partnering with Chicago Gaming Company.
Chicago, October 1, 2021 – Chicago Gaming Company is pleased to announce that Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe have been contracted to develop new and enhanced software for Cactus Canyon Remake.
Lyman Sheats is a pinball software engineer whose accomplishments span nearly three decades. Lyman brings a wealth of knowledge in software design as well as gameplay. His visions of gameplay and rules are a result of his many years as an avid pinball tournament player and enthusiast, and many of his rulesets serve as the backbone for modern pinball rules design.
Josh Sharpe is a passionate pinball enthusiast who is the current president of the International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA). Josh has been a competitive pinball player since 1993 and created the World Pinball Player Rankings in 2006. The son of industry legend Roger Sharpe, Josh also extended his love of pinball by writing game reviews for Play Meter Magazine for 18 years.
“We are pleased to be working with Lyman and Josh on this project. Their knowledge, enthusiasm and excitement have been instrumental in taking this game to a level above and beyond our expectations,” said Doug Duba, President of Chicago Gaming Company.
Chicago Gaming Company is a high-quality pinball manufacturer based out of Chicago, IL. Known for its attention to detail and the highest level of craftsmanship, Chicago Gaming Company has remade some of the all-time most sought-after pinball machines. Chicago Gaming Company uses modern electronics to deliver a familiar game with modern reliability.
Please contact Ryan White ([email protected]) with any questions you may have.

A47797D7-3A5E-48E6-B0BF-A8ADADE5F9D0.gifA47797D7-3A5E-48E6-B0BF-A8ADADE5F9D0.gif
#631 2 years ago

Rumor is Lyman will also be updating code on PPS list of pinball licenses.

Yes. B/W IJ, TZ, CV, FT, etc etc etc, with larger screen kits and new boards? ColorDmd is great and all, but enhanced rules, deeper code all with high Rez displays.

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yes. B/W with larger screen kits and new boards? ColorDmd is great and all, but enhanced rules, deeper code all with high Rez displays.

If he's working for CGC, I seriously doubt he'd be working on anything other than what they build in the coming future.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If he's working for CGC, I seriously doubt he'd be working on anything other than what they build in the coming future.

And…don’t you ever sleep?

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yes. B/W IJ, TZ, CV, FT, etc etc etc, with larger screen kits and new boards? ColorDmd is great and all, but enhanced rules, deeper code all with high Rez displays.

I think that to be a very far fetched rumor
We have to understand that Lyman has to not only get his head around an entirely new operating system. He or someone has to develop framework , story, ideas to expand on original code. The undertaking would be mammoth.
If he hasn't been working on the code for at least 6 months now there's going to be a long wait for a polished product.
Might be like Stern wher we got to wait a year or 2, ouch !
We can only hope that he has a great team around him. I think Josh will be a great asset to the team to assist develop rules and enhancements.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And…don’t you ever sleep?

Usually.

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don’t believe Lyman is working for CGC. The announcement said “contracted”. Also when Kaneda said Lyman went to CGC they made a statement saying he wasn’t employed by them. It makes sense because Lyman is the best and he’s been making pinball companies rich all these years with his talent. Maybe he’s doing his own entity now because he can

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:Hopefully I'm not lynched for saying this. I'm not opposed to the idea of new code. (I wish it would've been CCC.) But I would also like the option to play the original version as well. Could that be possible?

I’m assuming you’ll be able to select to play either original or new code.

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I don’t believe Lyman is working for CGC. The announcement said “contracted”. Also when Kaneda said Lyman went to CGC they made a statement saying he wasn’t employed by them. It makes sense because Lyman is the best and he’s been making pinball companies rich all these years with his talent. Maybe he’s doing his own entity now because he can

That's just what companies do now. Nobody hires anyone direct anymore, they contract them out as an employee instead to avoid paying health insurance and benefits. Then when they are done with him they just tell him his contract is up and let him go. So while he does work for CGC he technically is not a employee for CGC. Just my take on the whole situation.

#639 2 years ago

Lyman, oh damn!!! That is a game changer folks. Hell yes ccg damn good move gents!!!! Can't wait to hear people continue to try and bitch about the code. It will have code now

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

That's just what companies do now. Nobody hires anyone direct anymore, they contract them out as an employee instead to avoid paying health insurance and benefits. Then when they are done with him they just tell him his contract is up and let him go. So while he does work for CGC he technically is not a employee for CGC. Just my take on the whole situation.

Quoted from srmonte:

Lyman, oh damn!!! That is a game changer folks. Hell yes ccg damn good move gents!!!! Can't wait to hear people continue to try and bitch about the code. It will have code now

It might become an instant classic if the code is good

#641 2 years ago

How are owners of the original CC going to argue that it's better than the remake when the remake has finished code? Bad news for owners of the original.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How are owners of the original CC going to argue that it's better than the remake when the remake has finished code? Bad news for owners of the original.

They will use its the original card !

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

They will use its the original card !

That will be the only argument. But I would bet pricing will drop pretty significant (or be unsold) for originals. But we will see.

#644 2 years ago

I only hope you guys enjoy your cactus as much as I have for the last 20 years, new code old code or otherwise!
My daughters and friends grew up playing cactus and theY would always say together in unsion.......GOLD MINE MULTI BALL. Ive always enjoyed the urgency to shoot the bad guy while playing.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Not necessarily. There are a significant number of collectors that prefer the Williams originals.

CCr won’t necessarily be better than the original; just different. And most CC owners got their game at far less than a CCr will cost so they would certainly argue that’s “better”.

No one who has a CC, original or remake, is going to be disappointed.

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think that to be a very far fetched rumor
We have to understand that Lyman has to not only get his head around an entirely new operating system. He or someone has to develop framework , story, ideas to expand on original code.

Ideas ? - thats the josh part of the announcement
Framework? Thats the joe schober part of their prior announcement. He can add tools and platform in addition to his contributions as rules and implementation.

Lyman does not have to be a one man band

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not necessarily. There are a significant number of collectors that prefer the Williams originals.

I am one of those that would prefer a HUO or high quality restored MM, AFM or MB over the remakes.

But new code (*SIGNIFICANT* new code), would change my preference to a CCr over an original.

#648 2 years ago

anyone know any distros that might have an LE left?

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

I believe we still have some slots left ... email [email protected] ... but we are close to being out of what we expect to have available as far as LE's go.

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

I don’t think my distributor has received his final allocation numbers yet.

Have they even announced how many LEs they are making?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/13?hl=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.